trex

Donald Trump

Barack
2 hours ago, moogsy said:

What a horrible, racist ***** this man is, as are his supporters. Using the genocide of Native American’s as political jibes. 

How folk can continue to defend this cretin is beyond me. They’re either doing it for attention or they share his vile opinions.

Another few swing votes secured in Florida, & Alabama though.

In true Trump mis-spelling fashion...

Misspelling is intended by the way...

;)

Edited by Barack

DETTY29

Read an article that Jnr has been telling friends he fully expects to be indicted.

Decision time.

Be co-operative and sing like a canary to save his own skin and put Pops in the firing line for jail time..

Or take one for pops and do more time himself.

southcap
7 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

Read an article that Jnr has been telling friends he fully expects to be indicted.

Decision time.

Be co-operative and sing like a canary to save his own skin and put Pops in the firing line for jail time..

He will most likely do time. If it's only perjury he ends up on, and with, I presume, no previous, he will likely do less than 6 months.

Boris
10 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

Decision time.

2 minutes ago, southcap said:

He will most likely do time. If it's only perjury he ends up on, and with, I presume, no previous, he will likely do less than 6 months.

Rumour has it that it relates to tax and fraud.*

Dady's tax returns then may well subpoenaed...

*a friend was speaking to respected (former) UK broadcaster who told my friend what his sources told him this during a visit to NY.

southcap
11 minutes ago, Boris said:

Rumour has it that it relates to tax and fraud.*

Dady's tax returns then may well subpoenaed...

*a friend was speaking to respected (former) UK broadcaster who told my friend what his sources told him this during a visit to NY.

Hopefully. I think it's the state charges from NYC that is going to cause them the most grief. Can't pardon state crimes. That NYTimes article has opened up a massive can of worms on his entire family and I can't see any of them walking away from that.

Also this,

https://www.wnyc.org/story/ivanka-donald-trump-jr-close-charged-felony-fraud/

https://lawandcrime.com/high-profile/legal-experts-ivanka-trump-may-have-committed-felony-fraud-by-lying-about-real-estate-deals/

bobsharp

The way its going for the Democrats there will soon be more of them running for President than those who are not.

Craig Gordons Gloves
1 hour ago, bobsharp said:

The way its going for the Democrats there will soon be more of them running for President than those who are not.

It'll get broader and then will thin out pretty quickly.  Please that Klobuchar has announced her intention to run, even if she did do it in the middle of the snowstorm we had yesterday which gave Donnie the opportunity to once again wheel out his tired joke about global warming which appeals to the brain dead amongst his support. 

bobsharp
Just now, Craig Gordons Gloves said:

It'll get broader and then will thin out pretty quickly.  Please that Klobuchar has announced her intention to run, even if she did do it in the middle of the snowstorm we had yesterday which gave Donnie the opportunity to once again wheel out his tired joke about global warming which appeals to the brain dead amongst his support. 

Yes old Don made comments about the snow  and blizzard  and her hair and that she was like a snowman. She responded by asking how his hair would have survived in a snowy blizzard.

Dusk_Till_Dawn

It’s honestly bizarre the amount of attention that’s paid to US politics in this country.

Maple Leaf
48 minutes ago, Craig Gordons Gloves said:

It's not surprising that the con man doesn't know the difference between climate and weather.

Ugly American

There seems to be some noise around Qatar, Kushner, 666 (yes seriously) 5th Ave., and MBS. If I knew what was coming I'd call Vegas but Arab peninsula watchers are scratching their heads about some recent announcements.

ri Alban
28 minutes ago, Ugly American said:

There seems to be some noise around Qatar, Kushner, 666 (yes seriously) 5th Ave., and MBS. If I knew what was coming I'd call Vegas but Arab peninsula watchers are scratching their heads about some recent announcements.

Any word about the pending Invasion of Iran. His final destination when the noose tightens.

Ugly American
Just now, ri Alban said:

Any word about the pending Invasion of Iran. His final destination when the noose tightens.

It was a given when Bolton came on board that he'd be angling for Iran yet again. He's never once gotten the military on board and Congress shows no appetite for an AUMF, and now Iraq is telling Trump they won't be a doorstep for an invasion. So while I never underestimate the desire of a President, particularly a Republican, to start a war when his popularity starts to slip, it doesn't look very hot right now, thankfully.

ri Alban
50 minutes ago, Ugly American said:

It was a given when Bolton came on board that he'd be angling for Iran yet again. He's never once gotten the military on board and Congress shows no appetite for an AUMF, and now Iraq is telling Trump they won't be a doorstep for an invasion. So while I never underestimate the desire of a President, particularly a Republican, to start a war when his popularity starts to slip, it doesn't look very hot right now, thankfully.

👍

ri Alban

I see this 👌 is now white power. Aye ok then.

southcap
5 hours ago, Ugly American said:

The jist of it seems to be, Kushner needed crazy money to prop up his Manhattan property deal.

He wanted the Qatar to fund it.

They told him to **** off.

All of a sudden Saudi Arabia get hold of top US intelligence files on Saudi dissidents and at the same time, start a naval blockade of Qatar.

Qatar decide to thrown money at Kushner's property.

Blockade gets lifted.

Saudi/American journalist gets chopped up in Turkey.

When it all ends, I can see Kushner getting the needle.

Justin Z
2 hours ago, southcap said:

When it all ends, I can see Kushner getting the needle.

The only way I can see any of these plutocrats being executed for this stuff is if the Revolution comes, and then it would be the wall or the guillotine, not the needle. :lol:

southcap
3 minutes ago, Justin Z said:

The only way I can see any of these plutocrats being executed for this stuff is if the Revolution comes, and then it would be the wall or the guillotine, not the needle. :lol:

You're right that it's most likely highly wishful thinking, but he seems like the one that really is going in the deep end in terms of pure corruption and it would appear to own the least political capital.

Also, add in the fact he's Jewish and his dad is a convicted fraudster, he will be the easiest to throw under the bus for the republican party in their attempts to save face.

Trumps and co have a rabid base, so they will most likely get off mostly unscathed due to the republican not wanting to lose that base. That rabid base is also viciously anti-jewish.

The democrats will want someone to suffer badly. Most of the rest involved are too highly connected politically, so the Flynns, Manaforts and Stone types probably won't suffer too badly.

It seems like a win-win for both sides to make him be the one that suffers most with little comeback.

Shame, lovely guy too...

bobsharp

The Senate Intelligence Commitee say there is no direct evidence of collusion by the Trump campaign with Russia. Dems on the committee don't totally disagree.

A thousand page agreement is submitted by a commitee to ensure no other shutdown. Trump is believed to be going to sign it, but, he will get money for the Wall from other appropriations. However this has to be approved by Congress which the Democrats rule. Aye Right Pelosi will jump to approve that.

Meanwhile slightly off subject but to me some relevance about the state of the world, Canada's Prime Minister is alleged to have interfered in a legal action involving a major company. His Justice Minister has resigned and she is supposedly going to tell the whole story about obstruction of justice a criminal offence, for some reason I feel I have heard this sorry before.

Strictly from interest read some stories about Brexit, it seems there is some discussion in U.K about that.

Even in the Province of British Columbia, two senior staffers of the previous government are being investigated for using government money for expensive holidays, and personal purchases.

I can remember days of standing in the pub in Edinburgh listening to old guys discuss politics, and you could bet money on someone saying, "Aye they are all crooks", I wonder what they would think of this times politicians.

Edited by bobsharp

Ugly American
12 hours ago, southcap said:

You're right that it's most likely highly wishful thinking, but he seems like the one that really is going in the deep end in terms of pure corruption and it would appear to own the least political capital.

Also, add in the fact he's Jewish and his dad is a convicted fraudster, he will be the easiest to throw under the bus for the republican party in their attempts to save face.

Trumps and co have a rabid base, so they will most likely get off mostly unscathed due to the republican not wanting to lose that base. That rabid base is also viciously anti-jewish.

The democrats will want someone to suffer badly. Most of the rest involved are too highly connected politically, so the Flynns, Manaforts and Stone types probably won't suffer too badly.

It seems like a win-win for both sides to make him be the one that suffers most with little comeback.

Shame, lovely guy too...

Bannon’s fall was allegedly that he wanted to throw Kushner under the bus as the fall guy for the Russia mess, but Trump is loyal to family until the end it seems.

As to what Democrats want from Trump, well, at this point this is a fair approximation

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=25_5aBnMHwA

southcap
8 hours ago, Ugly American said:

Bannon’s fall was allegedly that he wanted to throw Kushner under the bus as the fall guy for the Russia mess, but Trump is loyal to family until the end it seems.

As to what Democrats want from Trump, well, at this point this is a fair approximation

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=25_5aBnMHwA

Out of all the wrong uns involved so far, Bannon has appeared to be the most sensible/shrewd.

And the only thing worse than a wrong un, is a capable wrong un.

bobsharp

Former F.B.I Director McCabe is in a book admitting that he was checking how many of the elected would support a 25th Amendment action against Trump. He had started looking at potential evidence. Rosenstein is mentioned in the book and he again vehemently denies that he was asked or was going to wear a wire when dealing with Trump. What a mess, two years of a Presidency with intrigue, lies, investigations, indictments and people going to jail, as in Manaforts situation a sentence that as a seventy year old man will possibly mean he will die in prison. And Republican Senators, Congressmen still give support to Trump, not because they believe in him, purely for their self motivation of career survival.

Cade

Democracts will launch a legal challenge, which will win, because Trump is an idiot wannabe dictator.

milky_26
2 minutes ago, Cade said:

Democracts will launch a legal challenge, which will win, because Trump is an idiot wannabe dictator.

tenor.gif?itemid=3579864

Barack

Played a blinder there, in fairness to him.

Keeps many people happy, on his side of the fence, and will look to demonise the Democrats with any legal challenge they (likely will) make.

Maple Leaf
1 hour ago, Barack said:

I'm not so sure.  The Dems need to keep hammering on the fact that he is breaking one of his major campaign promises, that Mexico would pay for a wall from sea to sea.

Now he is making it clear that the American taxpayers will pay for a very short wall, only about 200 miles, I believe.

There couldn't be a more obvious broken promise, and the Dems need to hammer that message home in the run up to the 2020 election.

Barack
27 minutes ago, Maple Leaf said:

I'm not so sure.  The Dems need to keep hammering on the fact that he is breaking one of his major campaign promises, that Mexico would pay for a wall from sea to sea.

Now he is making it clear that the American taxpayers will pay for a very short wall, only about 200 miles, I believe.

There couldn't be a more obvious broken promise, and the Dems need to hammer that message home in the run up to the 2020 election.

I think they will. And, let's be honest, there'll be legal challenges right up until Election Night 2020. 

After that, it'll probably(hopefully) be a moot point anyway. He needed a way to spin a loss as a win, in certain quarters. It's those quarters he cares about; not reality, or Constitutional annoyances. This gives him that for now. 

The Supreme Court, I'm fairly certain, despite a couple being given their jobs for life by him, would rule against it too, imo. IF it ever makes it that far in just over a year. 

Barack

"It deeply worries me that a future Democratic President may consider gun violence or climate change a 'national emergency' and what actions they may then take," he added.

Chris Stewart (R-Utah.)

Aye, wouldn't want your kids dying of bullet wounds in Schools, & people dying around the Country in natural disasters, attributed to Global Warming, eh...!

Screenshot_20181027-185155_Google.thumb.jpg.f01522bc793f6c55b67ee486c3989eb1.jpg

Ugly American
19 hours ago, Barack said:

Keeps many people happy, on his side of the fence, and will look to demonise the Democrats with any legal challenge they (likely will) make.

There will be numerous legal challenges but it might get stopped cold by Congress anyway. Truman tried to seize steel mills in the 50s using a national emergency and was smacked down by Congress. The Supreme Court ruled that once Congress said nope, the emergency was over.

Pelosi will have a resolution out of the House by the close of business today, I'm reasonably sure, and McConnell has to bring it to a vote, which he really does not want to do, because the 6-7 moderate GOP Senators really don't want to be on record backing this dumb thing.  So there's a very real chance it fails.

Let him demonize the Democrats. The wall is unpopular, people (rightly) blame him for the stupid and destructive shutdown, and being anti-Trump is proving a better mortar for holding the always fractured Democratic party together than anything in my lifetime.

Barack
Just now, Ugly American said:

There will be numerous legal challenges but it might get stopped cold by Congress anyway. Truman tried to seize steel mills in the 50s using a national emergency and was smacked down by Congress. The Supreme Court ruled that once Congress said nope, the emergency was over.

Pelosi will have a resolution out of the House by the close of business today, I'm reasonably sure, and McConnell has to bring it to a vote, which he really does not want to do, because the 6-7 moderate GOP Senators really don't want to be on record backing this dumb thing.  So there's a very real chance it fails.

Let him demonize the Democrats. The wall is unpopular, people (rightly) blame him for the stupid and destructive shutdown, and being anti-Trump is proving a better mortar for holding the always fractured Democratic party together than anything in my lifetime.

Well, we're now officially going to find out. 

Should be...interesting.

Lovecraft

The guy really is a ****ing idiot.

Jambo-Jimbo

What a rambling buffon.

Jambo-Jimbo

What a fecking clown just said that he doesn't know Ann Coulter, well I hardly know her, In fact I haven't spoken to her in about a year.

So in one sentence it went from I don't know her to I haven't spoken to her in about a year.

Starting to lose it with the media again.

Ugly American

I was of course too rosy in predicting Pelosi would get a resolution out of the House by tonight. Congress never moves that fast on anything, silly me.

It will pass next week, I have to think, probably with about 300 votes.

Maple Leaf

He's becoming more deranged by the month.  Here's a tweet of his from 2014 referring to Executive action by Obama:

"Repubs must not allow Pres Obama to subvert the Constitution of the US for his own benefit & because he is unable to negotiate w/ Congress."

Lovecraft

It's terrifying that this guy is the President of the US.   It really is.

Jambo-Jimbo
5 minutes ago, Lovecraft said:

It's terrifying that this guy is the President of the US.   It really is.

Indeed, but who is really in charge Trump or Sean Hannity?

Edited by Jambo-Jimbo

The Real Maroonblood

An absolute roaster.

southcap

Borderline expecting someone in the secret service to say ' **** it' and take one for the country.

Maple Leaf
18 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Indeed, but who is really in charge Trump or Sean Hannity?

Good question.  I've read that those two talk every day on the telephone, and that sometimes Trump will change his position on an issue after the call.

Jambo-Jimbo
6 minutes ago, Maple Leaf said:

Good question.  I've read that those two talk every day on the telephone, and that sometimes Trump will change his position on an issue after the call.

Trump was asked at the presser earlier if Hannity was dictating policy, didn't seem to happy about being asked that.

bobsharp

If you listen to him he doesn't really care one way or another about the wall or immigration. At the least thats the way I see it. When answering a question about as he referred to it about being sued as a result of his state of emergency move he stated, well it will go to the 9th district and we will lose, it will go to another court and we will lose again, then it will go to the Supreme Court and we will see. He of course is dependent for a result there because of his planted members of the Court. He does however admit this could all take a couple of years, which is my point of his lack of c are about the wall, whether he gets it or not a 2020 decision on who is going to be President will have been made, and he will have got out of his unkept wall promise all he needed for his base.

Barack

Dull as ****. :rofl:

20190215_174459.jpg

Barack

Screenshot_20190202-222133_Google.jpg.d3b209cca97438a603f1a8896658ae12.jpg

Screenshot_20190215-174805_Chrome.jpg

Seymour M Hersh

It was interesting listening to the US Border Patrol Officer (if that's his correct title). Articulate and clear in his support for a wall and it's effectiveness.

The Real Maroonblood
3 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

It was interesting listening to the US Border Patrol Officer (if that's his correct title). Articulate and clear in his support for a wall and it's effectiveness.

Well that’s okay.

Lets build the wall.

Seymour M Hersh
Just now, The Real Maroonblood said:

Well that’s okay.

Lets build the wall.

He and his colleagues are worth listening to. They're at the coalface after all. Plus why not finish the job? 1/3 of the border already has a wall.

Craig Gordons Gloves
6 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

He and his colleagues are worth listening to. They're at the coalface after all. Plus why not finish the job? 1/3 of the border already has a wall.

I take your point, where the problem lies is that this administration (and many before) are picking and choosing what experts they listen to.  Border control agents - cool.  Climate change scientists, economists, vaccination doctors, foreign affairs experts - not cool. 

Barack

So, when're the deportations and cessations of arrival to the U.S.A.,of members of The Italian, Albanian, Russian Mafia's, The Triads & Yakuza taking place then?

Must be soon. Or are walls/bollards/slats/chainlink fencing needed at the ports & airports now?

Or, are they ok, because they're not brown?

Edited by Barack