• Watt-Zeefuik

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

21 minutes ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

His new Space Force speech is something else

blob:https://www.nbcnews.com/95645efd-1112-45bc-bebc-213770e4ada2

giphy.gif

Kalamazoo Jambo

And now for some very bad news for Trump... Mueller appears to have plenty of evidence that Trump was suborning perjury and obstructing justice by directing Michael Cohen to lie to Congress.

If Mueller really has the receipts here, this is impeachment level stuff.

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/jasonleopold/trump-russia-cohen-moscow-tower-mueller-investigation?ref=hpsplash

32 minutes ago, Kalamazoo Jambo said:

And now for some very bad news for Trump... Mueller appears to have plenty of evidence that Trump was suborning perjury and obstructing justice by directing Michael Cohen to lie to Congress.

If Mueller really has the receipts here, this is impeachment level stuff.

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/jasonleopold/trump-russia-cohen-moscow-tower-mueller-investigation?ref=hpsplash

Yep -- Cohen has been invited to testify to Congress (he now has a plea deal and has been clear he's done with Trump). If he gives testimony that he was instructed to lie to Congress by Trump, at the very least Articles of Impeachment will get a serious hearing in the House, and possibly approved.

And if they can find receipts, it may not even depend on the Mueller report -- the Senate might just throw him out of office. There's some real signs that even his closer allies in the GOP are getting real sick of his shit.

image.png.6280fbc74c918a6e9f5cb4f77dc4ef72.png 

"I NEVER SAID THERE WAS NO COLLUSION BETWEEN THE CAMPAIGN...........".

The number of the lies that Trump and ALL connected to him have told, and the racist, sexist and simply vile diatribe spewed by Trump himself on a daily basis seriously knows no bounds.

If there is any form of real justice he will be held accountable for his action. I won't hold my breath though.

I watched a lawyer talk about the Trump situation last night. His argument is that so far this is all Hearsay, I assumed he did not see the tape Cohen made of the phone call with Trump about the payment to Stormy Daniels. It was made clear then that Cohen taped and recorded everything he done, the F.B.I went into Cohens frsidence without warning and seized everything in his files and computers, the Hearsay defence will be a weak one.

2 hours ago, Coolio said:

image.png.6280fbc74c918a6e9f5cb4f77dc4ef72.png 

"I NEVER SAID THERE WAS NO COLLUSION BETWEEN THE CAMPAIGN...........".

The number of the lies that Trump and ALL connected to him have told, and the racist, sexist and simply vile diatribe spewed by Trump himself on a daily basis seriously knows no bounds.

If there is any form of real justice he will be held accountable for his action. I won't hold my breath though.

Don't overlook the fact that roughly 30% of the American electorate love Trump for precisely those reasons.  That is his so-called base, and after 2 years of the Trump presidency, his base hasn't wavered.

9 hours ago, dsk1210 said:

That should be enough to impeach then?

Impeachment and removal is always a political process. It all depends on what the GOP in the Senate decides.

If Democrats think there's a chance at removal, there's been enough to impeach him on for at least 18 months. The question is making the GOP break with Trump.

Watched Fox news to the commentators credit talking to a White House press person, asked him directly did the President ask Cohen to lie to Congress. After numerous non answers the questioner with a look of disdain said you have failed to answer my direct question on a number of occasions, the man was then basically dismissed. A later interview with Lara Trump a member of the 2020 campaign team stated that Cohen is a felon, is a liar and cannot be believed. She is Trumps daughter in law, you wonder who would have brought her on TV to say that which only an idiot would suspect she would say something different.

Of course on cue Fox are reporting on new meetings between Pompeo and North Korea with a view to arranging another conference with Trump and Kim. They are really struggling for deflection tactics if the totally failed  glorified talks about nuclearisation are the best they can do.

Remake of the old Ingrid Bergman movie For Whom the Bell Tolls, now starring Donald Trump.

Kalamazoo Jambo
20 minutes ago, bobsharp said:

Watched Fox news to the commentators credit talking to a White House press person, asked him directly did the President ask Cohen to lie to Congress. After numerous non answers the questioner with a look of disdain said you have failed to answer my direct question on a number of occasions, the man was then basically dismissed. A later interview with Lara Trump a member of the 2020 campaign team stated that Cohen is a felon, is a liar and cannot be believed. She is Trumps daughter in law, you wonder who would have brought her on TV to say that which only an idiot would suspect she would say something different.

Here’s the thing - the BuzzFeed report about Trump directing Cohen to lie to Congress is clear that there is much more evidence than just Michael Cohen’s own testimony. It references Trump employees, emails, texts and other documents. This is hugely important given Cohen’s obvious credibility problems. But all that Trump and Co can do is go after Cohen. No-one from the admin has yet been willing to put their heads on the block and state any proper denials - because they can’t.

2 hours ago, Maple Leaf said:

Don't overlook the fact that roughly 30% of the American electorate love Trump for precisely those reasons.  That is his so-called base, and after 2 years of the Trump presidency, his base hasn't wavered.

1 hour ago, Ugly American said:

Impeachment and removal is always a political process. It all depends on what the GOP in the Senate decides.

If Democrats think there's a chance at removal, there's been enough to impeach him on for at least 18 months. The question is making the GOP break with Trump.

5 minutes ago, bobsharp said:

Of course on cue Fox are reporting on new meetings between Pompeo and North Korea with a view to arranging another conference with Trump and Kim. They are really struggling for deflection tactics if the totally failed  glorified talks about nuclearisation are the best they can do.

Remake of the old Ingrid Bergman movie For Whom the Bell Tolls, now starring Donald Trump.

IMO America now finds itself in the position where, amongst several other points:

1 - The ignorant are simply that and nothing or no-one can ever change that (the majority of the core Trump support). Their inability to see past the bias spewed by Fox News/Hannity is mind blowing

2 - Too many GOP Senate members have quite literally sold their souls to the devil and now conduct themselves merely as Trump employees, thereby towing his line, as opposed to elected officials representing the wishes of the people of 'their' respective geographic area of responsibility.

3 - Some/enough Republican Senators simply have to be brave and openly voice their disagreement with the current stand taken by Trump re the shutdown.  

4 - The Democrats need to stay mature and avoid , at all costs, being drawn into man-baby Trumps infantile rhetoric. Nancy Pelosi's comment offering $1 towards the Border Wall being an example of what not to say.

It must be incredibly difficult not to lose it when dealing with Trump as his ignorance, arrogance, belief that he is always right and total inability to 'actively' listen to others makes simple conversation, let alone in-depth discussion/argument.

2 minutes ago, Kalamazoo Jambo said:

Here’s the thing - the BuzzFeed report about Trump directing Cohen to lie to Congress is clear that there is much more evidence than just Michael Cohen’s own testimony. It references Trump employees, emails, texts and other documents. This is hugely important given Cohen’s obvious credibility problems. But all that Trump and Co can do is go after Cohen. No-one from the admin has yet been willing to put their heads on the block and state any proper denials - because they can’t.

The interview by Chris Cuomo with Rudy Giuliani was very revealing, the admission re potential collusion aside, it now appears that Trump is distancing himself from everyone potentially identified as colluding in order to save his own skin. So for that read that he is willing to throw colleagues friends and FAMILY under the bus.

The true measure of the man.

1 minute ago, Coolio said:

The interview by Chris Cuomo with Rudy Giuliani was very revealing, the admission re potential collusion aside, it now appears that Trump is distancing himself from everyone potentially identified as colluding in order to save his own skin. So for that read that he is willing to throw colleagues friends and FAMILY under the bus.

The true measure of the man.

By doing that, you can bet that sooner or later someone will repay the compliment and throw Trump under the bus.

7 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

By doing that, you can bet that sooner or later someone will repay the compliment and throw Trump under the bus.

Here's hoping JJ.

For all the credit that's given to the clearly very clever and highly educated advisors/lawyers Trump uses, there is always the possibility that their simple belief that they are untouchable will lead to their downfall.

"Oh, what a tangled web we weave, when first we practice to deceive!" (Sir Walter Scott, 1808).

Kalamazoo Jambo
27 minutes ago, Kalamazoo Jambo said:

In fairness, Giuliani has just come out with a denial. But yeah, it’s Giuliani...

16 minutes ago, Kalamazoo Jambo said:

In fairness, Giuliani has just come out with a denial. But yeah, it’s Giuliani...

Hard to take anything he says with any credibility, I saw him some time ago on tape stating the good man Cohen was, honest. loyal and a good lawyer, now he describes the same man as a liar. Trump campaigned on his ability and intent to hire nothing but the best people, no suggestion of availability or willingnes to serve, just that the best people were there for him. Since we have had numerous criminal convictions, a couple of ethics violators, an almost wholesale change of White House staff and lies, betrayals, and total idiocy. People still support him, and Senate Republicans continuously defend and support him, meanwhile the rest of the world are put at risk because of some of his ill considered moves.

32 minutes ago, Ugly American said:

It really is shameful rhetoric in an attempt to rile up his base.

"Not only is our country being invaded by illegal aliens who are terrorists, rapists, and criminals, but some of them are actually *gasp* Muslims."

Craig Gordons Gloves

I'm rapidly coming to the conclusion that unless Trump is caught having a ham shank over the coffins of dead marines while wearing a Burka, listening to NWA and burning the US Flag he'll remain in power until at least the next election. 

2 hours ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

I think that's what Cohen is doing.

What I see being discussed widely today is that Mueller has all the necessary evidence in this matter already There is going to be a push to get him to reveal prior to any report he intends to present this information now on this particular allegation alone. This would provide information for Impeachment but that would still require a Senate majority vote to carry out any action, it is more suggested that Trump would resign with some conditions relative to family etc. Doing this however would leave him exposed to criminal charg es by State courts.

On 29/12/2018 at 00:18, redjambo said:

Looking slightly further forward than 2019, Trump will serve out the rest of his first term, but with increasing drama/controversy and less effective power due to opposition from both House and Senate as more and more Republicans decide they've had enough and try to minimise the damage (as well as coming under pressure from the military and the industrial-military complex). He won't be elected for a second term.

Nothing more will be heard about North Korea. Mueller will continue picking off members of the Trump cabal one by one but no charges will be laid against Trump himself until he finishes being president.

My career as a fortune-teller and/or political commentator now seems very shaky. :)

3 minutes ago, redjambo said:

My career as a fortune-teller and/or political commentator now seems very shaky. :)

or a place in trumps inner circle beckons 

2 hours ago, Craig Gordons Gloves said:

Trump ... having a ham shank over the coffins of dead marines while wearing a Burka, listening to NWA and burning the US Flag......

Have you thought about submitting that as a suggestion to Jim'll Paint It?

6 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

or a place in trumps inner circle beckons 

Great. I'd like Sarah Huckabee Sanders' job - that looks a hoot!

1 hour ago, redjambo said:

Great. I'd like Sarah Huckabee Sanders' job - that looks a hoot!

My wife and I just saw her on television a few minutes ago, I was saying when all this blows up and she is looking for a job who will hire her.

Kalamazoo Jambo

Mueller’s office has made a rare public statement...

BuzzFeed has had a great track record of reporting in the last couple of years, so surprised by this.

Kalamazoo Jambo
21 minutes ago, Barack said:

As I said above, Buzzfeed put their nuts to the bandsaw on this.

Considering the silence from the investigating team, that's a kick in the teeth for them. Possibly.

Plays into the "fake news" narrative for Trump's side too.

Yep, a denial from the Trump camp carries no credibility but a denial from the Special Counsel’s office is a different matter entirely. Although you could read it as disputing part of the story rather than a full denial. The statement is worded in a lawyerly manner as you would expect so I don’t necessarily think it negates all of the BuzzFeed reporting, but I guess time will tell.

Mueller just wants to ensure that everyone understands that the two law enforcement officers cited by Buzzword as the leakers are not part of his organisation.

Buzzfeed is digging in and standing by their story, saying they want Mueller's office to clarify what's wrong.

My hunch is it's a technicality that's important to a criminal probe but doesn't meaningfully change the allegation.

At any rate there's a decent chance that Cohen has tapes of the conversations, which if he tells on Trump in Congress, could save us the "your word vs. mine" showdown that will ensue.

I'd feel a lot more comfortable if someone other than Buzzfeed would confirm the story but despite their name and history their newsroom has been pretty dependable.

My take of Meuller's statement, is that they are saying they have not received the information the way Buzzfeed described it.  

I also agree with Bobsharp that they are putting out a statement to tell everyone that the Buzzfeed reports did not come from Mueller's team.

I think it is also to stop the media frenzy calling for more investigations before he is finished his own one.

Edited by Lovecraft

Wouldn't surprise me if Trump was behind the Buzzfeed story to create smoke while he's starving out workers and on a slippery slope. I did notice the term not accurate is not a complete denial or an explanation, Trump has a free field day of course. Give this clown an inch and he'll take ten miles.

Wonderful timing this meeting with Kim, just when Trump was being bashed from all sides he pulls this rabbit out of the hat.

And guess what everyone in talking about today?

What I find interesting in a way was Lindsey Graham and one of the Democrats were very pointed in their question to Attorney General nominee Barr during his Hearing, about this very subject the President counselling someone to commit perjury. Barr looked a wee bit uncomfortable, and then when his previous memos were quoted agreed that such an action would be an obstruction of justice. The Buzzfeed came out after that, and it is hard to speculate whether Lindsey and the other questioner knew something, and Buzz feed picked up on it, or if the suspicion is in fact doing the rounds anyway. 

Are the democrats as bad as Labour  are in opposition? Or do the people have more faith in them.

Edited by ri Alban

12 minutes ago, bobsharp said:

What I find interesting in a way was Lindsey Graham and one of the Democrats were very pointed in their question to Attorney General nominee Barr during his Hearing, about this very subject the President counselling someone to commit perjury. Barr looked a wee bit uncomfortable, and then when his previous memos were quoted agreed that such an action would be an obstruction of justice. The Buzzfeed came out after that, and it is hard to speculate whether Lindsey and the other questioner knew something, and Buzz feed picked up on it, or if the suspicion is in fact doing the rounds anyway. 

The Buzzfeed reporters said they were working on the story for weeks.

I thought the exact same about the Democrat asking very, very, specific questions to Barr.

Trump should have his picture in the dictionary right beside the word hypocrite. Prior to his talk, this phoney holds a Swearing in Ceremony for five new citizens, one of whom it was made sure to be mentioned was from Iraq. He welcomed them, congragulated them but failed to advise them that this first time occasion was organised for him to look good prior to seeking money to build walls to restrict others who want the same fantastic life.

No one in their right mind can want illegal immigration, its a cost to society wherever it happens, and is an entry for those who would care to break the laws, or not live by the mores of the nation they are presuming themselves upon. Despite that for Donald Trump to use the Oval Office to repeat his oft said fantasies about crime, drug smuggling etc. all in fact statistically, questionable, strictly to satisfy his base by getting money for a wall is just wrong.

I will be very surprised to see the Democrats snap up his offers, and anticipate the shutdown will continue. 

• Maple Leaf changed the title to U.S. Politics megathread (merged)
  • Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to U.S. Politics megathread (title updated)