• Justin Z

• Watt-Zeefuik

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Francis Albert
34 minutes ago, Ulysses said:

It ain't pretty, that's for sure.

Lesson learnt, I trust?  :thumbsup:

Isn't about time you gave up pretending you are ignoring me. And failing to persuade others to do so. A bit pathetic really.

The Real Maroonblood
38 minutes ago, Barack said:

"We have seen the clip in question. It is obvious, that President Trump was speaking metaphorically.

All legally entitled persons, wishing to come into the U.S. correctly, should see no wall, no barrier, to achieving their dreams for them and their families, once here.

Any questions....? No, the President will not be spelling metaphorically...next...?"

When Satan's daughter releases a statement...I think that may be close.

Bring back Spitting Image.

Just seen his latest rant in front of the helicopter.

The man has serious mental health issues.

It's like watching someone having a nervous breakdown in real time.

Mueller must have some serious stuff on him. 

Edited by Lovecraft

6 hours ago, Barack said:

"We have seen the clip in question. It is obvious, that President Trump was speaking metaphorically.

All legally entitled persons, wishing to come into the U.S. correctly, should see no wall, no barrier, to achieving their dreams for them and their families, once here.

Any questions....? No, the President will not be spelling metaphorically...next...?"

When Satan's daughter releases a statement...I think that may be close.

And yet of course his administration has stolen children from asylum seekers, who are legally entitled to enter the US to apply.

****ing liar.

12 minutes ago, Barack said:

Hope hordes of these "terrorists" are at the border around the same time as his visit. The Border will stop them. Prove his point.

Oh, wait...

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/immigration/test-steel-prototype-border-wall-showed-it-could-be-sawed-n956856

Hmmm...back to concrete, then? 

:lol: I mean I don't want to say I told you so but . . ..

His denial on knowledge of Manafort's outreach to Russia can be filed with he knew nothing of the Daniels payment or the meeting in Trump tower.

Cohen agrees to be interviewed publicly by the new democrat congress.

Things are really ramping up.

Makes all this government shutdown malarkey looking more like misdirection by the day.

giphy.gif

Edited by Lovecraft

Did anyone see him on the news today? 

Apparently when he said all those times that "Mexico was going to pay" that didn't actually mean they were going to "pay" but they are paying because of the great deal that he done.......... to be fair, I couldn't keep up?

Surly to **** his supporters will see through this shite? 

14 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

Apparently when he said all those times that "Mexico was going to pay" that didn't actually mean they were going to "pay" but they are paying because of the great deal that he done.......... to be fair, I couldn't keep up?

but there was a leaked memo from during his campaign that said he was going to try and force mexico to pay a lump sum between 5-10 billion

3 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

but there was a leaked memo from during his campaign that said he was going to try and force mexico to pay a lump sum between 5-10 billion

I honestly don't think that would even register with him now?

1 hour ago, Dawnrazor said:

Before this is over, many people will deny they ever supported let alone voted for him.

Watched quite a bit of coverage today. It was interesting to watch all the old videos of statements he has made and now contradicts his own statements.  He just stands and lies through his teeth, despite that people like McConnel, Lindsay Graham and other Republicans support him and say he is only doing this for America there is a crisis and he wants to fix it. I actually have the same respect for Schumer and Pelosi as I had for Hillary Clinton, which is to say I actually have more time for Putin who at least achieves his objectives.

Trump is finished the Cohen evidence will nail him, however between his lawyers, his planted Supreme Court, Kavanaugh et al he will escape jail or other censure, but will resign possibly getting breaks for his family as a stimulus. Sadly the impersonator of The Living Dead will take over until the electoral transition.

Governor Tarkin
13 hours ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Before this is over, many people will deny they ever supported let alone voted for him.

A bit like St Peter and Jesus.

:interehjrling:

1 hour ago, Governor Tarkin said:

A bit like St Peter and Jesus.

:interehjrling:

Well took a bit longer than I thought it would before somebody made that connection. :laugh:

Reports that United States has started troop withdrawls from Syria, I watched a wee bit of Pompeo speaking in the Middle East yesterday, I may and it often happens to me misunderstood what he was saying but I got the impression he was saying there would be no immediate withdrawl but there would be some in time.

You the start to wonder are some of these guys being told something different then find that what they said is not quite true, or are they complicit in efforts to mislead the public on behalf of policy the President has made without consulting his staff. Hard to figure really.

February 7, no appontments, absolute silence in the house while I watch Cohen. It will remind me when I would be in the Sheriff Court, the accused bending the truth the polis having excellent memory to state what the two arresting officers had discussed and agreed on were the actual c ircumstances of this arrest, and the Sheriff and lawyers all part of this well rehearsed and scripted tableau. All parties assuring the Court that they were the only upright honest person there. Just like on February 7, it would take a Solomon to establish who was actually telling the truth, the whole, and as some would say nothing like the truth.

Some are speculating that the 1958 Twilight Zone episode's use of the name "Trump" was inspired by Don's father Fred, who even then was developing a reputation as a racist conman, to the point that the great Woodie Guthrie had already written a song about having been a tenant in one of his buildings.

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/1958-show-trump-sells-wall-to-townspeople

3 hours ago, Ugly American said:

Some are speculating that the 1958 Twilight Zone episode's use of the name "Trump" was inspired by Don's father Fred, who even then was developing a reputation as a racist conman, to the point that the great Woodie Guthrie had already written a song about having been a tenant in one of his buildings.

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/1958-show-trump-sells-wall-to-townspeople

Racist conman?  The apple doesn't fall far from the tree.

J.T.F.Robertson
1 hour ago, Maple Leaf said:

Racist conman?  The apple doesn't fall far from the tree.

Must have been blowing a hurricane in my case as dad was a Hibbie.

Hola from La Paz, meheeko,

Santiago :rolleyes:

1 minute ago, J.T.F.Robertson said:

Must have been blowing a hurricane in my case as dad was a Hibbie.

Hola from La Paz, meheeko,

Santiago :rolleyes:

Enjoy the warm weather Jim.

Frigid here in Canada.

Watched CNN MSNBC, and Fox News this morning. All were discussing the story broken last night about the F.B.I. investigation, pre Mueller into Trumps connections with Russia, before,during, and after the Campaign.On Fox a former CIA Intelligence officer used the word liar to describe everyone, other than Donald Trump, the F.B.I McCabe, and Comey are all liars and hate Trump.

CNN and MSNBC, point out Trumps many dealings, similar rhetoric as Russia, financial dealings, importance to Trump of the relationship with Russia. One man who has written a book on Trump, said quite openly we have a Russian agent in the White House. But Donald can sleep easy, Guliani is on the job, he puts out a statement containing the word "publicly", to describe Trumps contacts with Russia, for some reason the legal experts jumped on this saying the use of the word in the manner it was is very important. I didn't hear enough to be able to quote the statement or its importance.

The Donald's next starrring role on TV will be in the remake of the  movie, Dead Man Walking, if all goes the way it seems to be, he will get his wall, but he will be standing with his  back to it wearing a blindfold.

in that he,Trump, has never suggested any

SpruceBringsteen

The thing that annoys me most about these right wing cartoons for the mentally ill isn't the outright lies, it's when they don't have the folks' names on their t-shirts or whatever. Ben Garrison gives the lads what they want in that regard.

It seems to me that there is a very simple way to get out of this government shutdown.

The Department of Defense for the US has a 2019 budget of nearly $600 billion.  That's more than the next nine countries COMBINED.

All Trump has to do is transfer a measly 1% of the defense budget to border security, and he has the money for his wall.  :peepwall:

33 minutes ago, Maple Leaf said:

Politicians changing their tune.  Who would have guessed that, eh?

Turmoil in the UK, turmoil in the USA, South America, Europe and beyond.

These are extraordinary times.

1 hour ago, alfajambo said:

Turmoil in the UK, turmoil in the USA, South America, Europe and beyond.

These are extraordinary times.

The antichrist is indeed in the oval office.

On 12/01/2019 at 16:31, ri Alban said:

The antichrist is indeed in the oval office.

According to the Wall Street Journal, last September the White House asked the Pentagon to develop plans for an attack on Iran.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/01/13/politics/white-house-iran-airstrikes-national-security-council/index.html

There's nothing like a war to unite the American people behind their President, which will also reduce scrutiny of the President's behaviour in other areas.

The American armed forces have been less than successful in Iraq, Afghanistan, and Syria, and Iran would be a much tougher nut to crack than any of those three.

The consequences of yet another American attack on a Muslim country would be far-reaching.  Surely not even Trump can be that stupid.  Surely?

3 minutes ago, Maple Leaf said:

According to the Wall Street Journal, last September the White House asked the Pentagon to develop plans for an attack on Iran.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/01/13/politics/white-house-iran-airstrikes-national-security-council/index.html

There's nothing like a war to unite the American people behind their President, which will also reduce scrutiny of the President's behaviour in other areas.

The American armed forces have been less than successful in Iraq, Afghanistan, and Syria, and Iran would be a much tougher nut to crack than any of those three.

The consequences of yet another American attack on a Muslim country would be far-reaching.  Surely not even Trump can be that stupid.  Surely?

If he's going down, he'll take everyone with him.

38 minutes ago, Maple Leaf said:

I just heard in the news today that Bolton is and has always been a proponent of attacking Iran, and Trump agrees with him

5 hours ago, bobsharp said:

I just heard in the news today that Bolton is and has always been a proponent of attacking Iran, and Trump agrees with him

An invasion of Iran would result in another Vietnam for the Americans.  But the Iranians are no dummies and would bring the war to the shores of the USA.  Watch for airliners being blown out of the sky, cyber attacks on the power grid, cyber attacks on the financial systems, and suicide bombers in the subways.  And the Russians will give their Iranian allies all the help they need.

Meanwhile, all the American aircraft carriers, B-52 bombers, and nuclear submarines will be as out of date and useless as smooth-bore, muzzle loading muskets. 

3 hours ago, Maple Leaf said:

An invasion of Iran would result in another Vietnam for the Americans.  But the Iranians are no dummies and would bring the war to the shores of the USA.  Watch for airliners being blown out of the sky, cyber attacks on the power grid, cyber attacks on the financial systems, and suicide bombers in the subways.  And the Russians will give their Iranian allies all the help they need.

Meanwhile, all the American aircraft carriers, B-52 bombers, and nuclear submarines will be as out of date and useless as smooth-bore, muzzle loading muskets. 

Debatable, it the could either be another Vietnam or a 'war' with terrorist attacks on the US mainland, airlines etc. It can't really be both, in the 2nd scenario the US would use nuclear weapons without even blinking. There's plenty in the current government(and any previous) who would happily do it now without that excuse.

20 minutes ago, Ibrahim Tall said:

Debatable, it the could either be another Vietnam or a 'war' with terrorist attacks on the US mainland, airlines etc. It can't really be both, in the 2nd scenario the US would use nuclear weapons without even blinking. There's plenty in the current government(and any previous) who would happily do it now without that excuse.

In this era of proxy wars, terrorist groups would claim responsibility for those attacks, not the Iranian government itself. Whether that still prompted a wholly disproportionate response by the nutjobs currently in power I guess is up for debate, but yeah, probably no doubt.

I remember the Iran ,Iraq war, and that was a brutal exchange. I seem to recall that Iran used poison gases in that conflict, they would not lie down. Strangely I heard Trump himself say things were getting better because of him with Iran, the people are gaining more freedoms and he likes them, and they like him.

I suppose one can make the basic assumption that with all his problems talk of a war with anyone is at least some deflection.

Life has sure changed. Sitting at breakfast this morning, as we have for many many years, had our porridge, toast, and coffee.

Watching the morning news, while enjoying our repast, and what was so different was we were watching the President of the United States of America answering questions whether he was an agent of the Russian government, wittingly or unwittingly. This president then went in to a tirade that men and a woman all of whom had reasonably sound characters were liars, a disgrace, and in the case of the female, a person with a lover, he in his mind the worst insult he could hurl at them was to say they were dirty cops.

Now one would think that when I said it was different, it would infer that it was a dramatic scene, that breakfast tranquility had been destroyed, but no, what is so different is that if it had been someone else that would have been true, but as it was Trump it was a case of, well whats the plan for today, just another day in the world that Trump has created.

Governor Tarkin
2 minutes ago, bobsharp said:

just another day in the world that Trump has created.

Trump is a symptom of the modern world, Bob, not the cause.

20 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Trump is a symptom of the modern world, Bob, not the cause.

Yes quite true, I should have said something to the effect of the world in which Trump operates.

23 hours ago, bobsharp said:

Bolton has been trying to get a war with Iran going since the 1990s. He was constantly on about it when he was in GWB's administration.

(Remember when dingbats like Glenn Greenwald were telling everyone that Trump was the pacifist candidate? :lol: ?

• Maple Leaf changed the title to U.S. Politics megathread (merged)
  • Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to U.S. Politics megathread (title updated)