U.S. Politics megathread (merged)

trex

The President god fearing christian man, who does his best for the country, is always honest and lives up to the office of President of the United States I would personaly like to meet him shake his hand and say well done sir. 

Too bad Abe Lincoln was gone long before my time.

• Replies 32.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JFK-1

• Maple Leaf

• Justin Z

• Watt-Zeefuik

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, Ugly American said:

Another few trading days before the end of the year and by Jan 1 the Dow and the S&P 500 could be back below the levels they were when he took office.

As an excuse, Mr, President, please select one or more of the following statements:

- those are very phoney statistics

- the Fed has been behaving very badly

- it's the fault of the left-wing media

- it's the Dems fault, who are against America

- it's fake nooz, because you are the very bestest President in American history and you are MAGA.

Whichever excuse he picks, about 35% of the American electorate will believe him.

This is a fun one. Trump tweeted a new steel slat form for the wall.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2018/12/23/based-trumps-detailed-diagram-his-slat-wall-we-did-some-advanced-mathematics/

Based on his diagram, the steel for the wall alone (no factoring, transport, or installation costs) could easily get towards $2 billion including the below-ground steel, a decent number of people could squeeze through the gaps without much trouble (not me, alas), and if it's the thickness estimated, could probably get knocked down pretty easily with a small backhoe or a patient person with a hacksaw.  (If it's thicker, that of course drives the price up even further.)

I am all alone (poor me) in the White House

Get used to it sucker, because when this all starts to go South, you'll be dropped quicker than a hot tattie, and that includes all but the most deluded and brainwashed of your base.

I need to go wrap the last few presents, but I've had my post-Christmas Eve worship tipple and I need to vent.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/wonder-how-the-trump-administration-would-handle-a-financial-crisis-well-now-we-know/2018/12/24/159ebec4-07bd-11e9-a3f0-71c95106d96a_story.html

Trump's cabinet continues to be a unique mixture of dumb and evil.

This is the doofus doing the damage, posing with his trophy wife and some freshly printed greenbacks.

shutterstock_editorial_9224878a_huge.jpg

J.T.F.Robertson
6 hours ago, Ugly American said:

Another few trading days before the end of the year and by Jan 1 the Dow and the S&P 500 could be back below the levels they were when he took office.

His "economic policy"only needs another big tax break for the already mega rich. That should solve everything, other than who's going to pay for making America great again by building "his" military and thereby running up an eye-popping deficit and inflating his delusory ego? What a shit-show!

10 minutes ago, Ugly American said:

I need to go wrap the last few presents, but I've had my post-Christmas Eve worship tipple and I need to vent.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/wonder-how-the-trump-administration-would-handle-a-financial-crisis-well-now-we-know/2018/12/24/159ebec4-07bd-11e9-a3f0-71c95106d96a_story.html

This is the doofus doing the damage, posing with his trophy wife and some freshly printed greenbacks.

He certainly looks the kind not to be taken in by anyone. You can see why she would be attracted to him. 

Another member of shit-show incorporated.

1 hour ago, Ugly American said:

If people didn't know, she's actually from Edinburgh

19 minutes ago, shaun.lawson said:

We really should cut the poor chap some slack.

He's all alone in the White House on Christmas Eve, while his wife is down in Mar-a-lago having dinner with the head groundskeeper.

1 minute ago, Maple Leaf said:

We really should cut the poor chap some slack.

He's all alone in the White House on Christmas Eve, while his wife is down in Mar-a-lago having dinner with the head groundskeeper.

In the video, that's her on the left presumably arranging a little tête-a-tête with said groundskeeper. She'll have slipped into something a little more comfortable by now. 

18 hours ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

He was more than happy to claim the credit when the stock market was hitting new highs, citing that it was his policies which were responsible, but now that's it's on the verge of crashing, it's all somebody else's fault, which is just the usual from him.

Interesting times re economy 

He'll blame someone else and might just get away with it

So the conquering hero has made a surprise visit with Melania to the troops in Iraq. I guess now that he is not getting a Nobel Peace prize, he will award himself a Medal of Honour for Gallantry. What a trumpet of a man he has no shame.

Craig Gordons Gloves

Did you see the jacket he was wearing when he was giving a speech? 

"LOOK AT ME, I'M IN THE MILITARY NOW" 

Fud

The Real Maroonblood
1 hour ago, Craig Gordons Gloves said:

Fud

Troops getting photos with the scumbag were probably ordered to do it.

At least when we were in Egypt Anthony Eden had the decency not to visit us, instead we got Ivy Benson and her all women band. For healthy boys living like monks that was exactly what we needed. Just like these young Americans in Iraq we both got fed fantasies.

1 hour ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

I'm afraid I'd be up on a charge as there is no way I'd ever stand next to that horrible lying barsteward.

1 hour ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Unfortunately, much like with Tommy Robinson in the UK, there is a military fascination with Trump, with toxic, racist, Christian Dominionist masculinity, etc. All filtering down from the absolute top of the US military. It's as frightening as it is absolutely disgusting.

Seymour M Hersh
4 hours ago, Craig Gordons Gloves said:

Fud

He's the first to ever do that damn him!!

51dkaSnbB2L._SX300_.jpg

obama_in_afghanistan.jpg

th-1.jpeg

2 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

51dkaSnbB2L._SX300_.jpg

obama_in_afghanistan.jpg

th-1.jpeg

He most certainly is not, but I am pretty sure he is the first President that used four college deferments and bone spurs to avoid wearing the real issue uniform. The others wore jackets but again I am not sure but they all stayed more than three hours, and didn't use it to feed a captive audience their political campaign speeches. Many are giving him  credit for doing the visit, and that may be justified, but many of these same people are critical of his comments, and of course his usual compulsive lies, in this case about military pay raises. He really just cannot help himself.

Seymour M Hersh
2 minutes ago, bobsharp said:

He most certainly is not, but I am pretty sure he is the first President that used four college deferments and bone spurs to avoid wearing the real issue uniform. The others wore jackets but again I am not sure but they all stayed more than three hours, and didn't use it to feed a captive audience their political campaign speeches. Many are giving him  credit for doing the visit, and that may be justified, but many of these same people are critical of his comments, and of course his usual compulsive lies, in this case about military pay raises. He really just cannot help himself.

Remind me how Bush Jnr avoided Vietnam and got to fly in the Coastguard (iirc).  

I think slick willie managed two deferments plus some other shady manoeuvres to avoid the draft. 

18 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Remind me how Bush Jnr avoided Vietnam and got to fly in the Coastguard (iirc).  

I think slick willie managed two deferments plus some other shady manoeuvres to avoid the draft. 

George Bush was trained as a fighter pilot, he was never detailed to serve on active duty. Cliinton is a bit different, he received deferments, then they cancelled the deferments for which he had qualified, his story gets a bit confusing as some feel he was charged with evading service but later granted a pardon, he did say at one time he had nothing against serving his country but he was totally opposed as were many to the Vietnam War. People have tried to find the whole story but between deaths loss of records and Clintons unwillingness to divulge the facts the story is still incomplete. He does not however dependent on your views of military service come out looking squeaky clean. However what is most important is that he is not the President today, Donald Trump is and he is  in the words of a retired officer a couple of weeks ago on TV a draft dodger.

So often when a person is criticised now especialy Trump the old but, but,but the Clintons did ...whatever, that is of no consequence, Donald Trump along with many others found ways not to serve his Country and allowed others to do so. The fact is he was shamed into the visit to the troops being constantly reminded that he had been two years without doing so, and as usual with Trump used the present chaos in government as a time to deflect from the mess by courageously visiting a war zone for three hours

Seymour M Hersh
22 minutes ago, bobsharp said:

George Bush was trained as a fighter pilot, he was never detailed to serve on active duty. Cliinton is a bit different, he received deferments, then they cancelled the deferments for which he had qualified, his story gets a bit confusing as some feel he was charged with evading service but later granted a pardon, he did say at one time he had nothing against serving his country but he was totally opposed as were many to the Vietnam War. People have tried to find the whole story but between deaths loss of records and Clintons unwillingness to divulge the facts the story is still incomplete. He does not however dependent on your views of military service come out looking squeaky clean. However what is most important is that he is not the President today, Donald Trump is and he is  in the words of a retired officer a couple of weeks ago on TV a draft dodger.

So often when a person is criticised now especialy Trump the old but, but,but the Clintons did ...whatever, that is of no consequence, Donald Trump along with many others found ways not to serve his Country and allowed others to do so. The fact is he was shamed into the visit to the troops being constantly reminded that he had been two years without doing so, and as usual with Trump used the present chaos in government as a time to deflect from the mess by courageously visiting a war zone for three hours

I've no doubt that Trump or rather his family used their wealth and position to help him miss out on the draft. For all I know he may well have been medically unfit (certainly if you believe many on here he has the most severe mental issues and I guess that would have ruled him out). George W bush was accused of missing out on (avoiding) going to Vietnam by using his families position and wealth.  That's the first I've heard about Trump being shamed into going to see the troops in theatre but then you're probably underwater with anti-Trump coverage in Canada whereas we just get the tip of the ice-berg.

My original point though Bob was Trump isn't alone in avoiding all or some Military Service of the more recent Presidents and the poster I originally responded to sort of offered nobody else had worn a military jacket when speaking to the troops.

Craig Gordons Gloves
3 hours ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

51dkaSnbB2L._SX300_.jpg

obama_in_afghanistan.jpg

th-1.jpeg

Oh, i know he was only doing what previous have done, my point was more that the current president is a fud, more so than previous. 

2019 prediction time!!!

We're closing in on the mid-point of Trump's (first) Presidential term.  What do the prognosticators on JKB predict for 2019?

All opinions are welcome, which includes Trumpophiles and Trumpophobes.   But your prediction has to be about Trump.

My prediction is that Trump will not be POTUS on December 31, 2019.

What's yours?

22 minutes ago, Maple Leaf said:

2019 prediction time!!!

We're closing in on the mid-point of Trump's (first) Presidential term.  What do the prognosticators on JKB predict for 2019?

All opinions are welcome, which includes Trumpophiles and Trumpophobes.   But your prediction has to be about Trump.

What's yours?

Looking slightly further forward than 2019, Trump will serve out the rest of his first term, but with increasing drama/controversy and less effective power due to opposition from both House and Senate as more and more Republicans decide they've had enough and try to minimise the damage (as well as coming under pressure from the military and the industrial-military complex). He won't be elected for a second term.

Nothing more will be heard about North Korea. Mueller will continue picking off members of the Trump cabal one by one but no charges will be laid against Trump himself until he finishes being president.

I have said all along that he will not complete his first term, I think the Syria move, the Russian nuclear developments, and the new disc losure of selfie pictures of him which a Russian company have released  and have been apparently deemed as a potential security  threat have all changed the tide. Pressure from his own party, and some of his advisers will assure him that his policies, lies, and tantrums have become dangerous and he should get out now. His presence has become a threat to many of his ass kissers own careers, and his independent actions a threat to the safety of the country.

I P Knightley
On 27/12/2018 at 20:12, bobsharp said:

The difference, in my view, between Clinton/Dubya and Trump is that, almost daily, Trump will belt out some guff about the glory of the US military. It's too needy and a little hypocritical.

I predict that several of his dodgy business/financial dealings will be exposed, one in particular will have serious ramifications upon Trump and the entire Trump mafia commonly known as his family.

I also predict that his state of mind and mental stabilty will become a matter of increasing concern.

Francis Albert
11 hours ago, Maple Leaf said:

2019 prediction time!!!

What's yours?

Is there such a thing as a Trumpophile? Even within his immediate family? Polls suggest that even his voters generally dislike him but buy into the myth that he is an effective businessman who can "get things done".

Anyway I predict that at this time next year people will still be posting that he will be gone in six months, that various smoking bombs are about to explode, and that if he chooses to run he will still have a decent chance of re-election in 2020.

The Real Maroonblood
30 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

I predict that several of his dodgy business/financial dealings will be exposed, one in particular will have serious ramifications upon Trump and the entire Trump mafia commonly known as his family.

I also predict that his state of mind and mental stabilty will become a matter of increasing concern.

I hope you're right. 

Seymour M Hersh
1 hour ago, Francis Albert said:

Is there such a thing as a Trumpophile? Even within his immediate family? Polls suggest that even his voters generally dislike him but buy into the myth that he is an effective businessman who can "get things done".

Anyway I predict that at this time next year people will still be posting that he will be gone in six months, that various smoking bombs are about to explode, and that if he chooses to run he will still have a decent chance of re-election in 2020.

I'm predicting that your prediction will be pretty much on the money FA. I'm also predicting people will continue to lose their shit on a daily basis on here about Trump. 

There are various opinions on Trump, some like myself extremely critical, others critical but more tempered, and the third who feel that people like myself are too blinded by disdain for Trump to make a valued opinion. Usually I like to hammer my opinion and be steadfast in it, however in this case I find it hard to blow holes in any of the opinions different to my own. Thats Trump, its what he creates I, I think, try to associate him with Presidents of the past, but truly he does not fit into any of these categories he is individual and is totally different, but I am not changing my Vegas bet, he is going, going, gone.

I think if we all make it to the end of the year without him causing a nuclear winter then i’ll take that as a +.

I see more extreme views and a divided nation that will only get more embittered and hate filled  as the year progresses, all at his hands and gob.

Edited by Jamboelite

3 hours ago, Francis Albert said:

Is there such a thing as a Trumpophile?

Yes.  I have relatives in the USA who consider him to be the best POTUS ever.  They're elderly, conservative white people, so maybe that isn't a surprise.  What does surprise me is that their kids despise the man.

A Boy Named Crow
19 hours ago, Francis Albert said:

Aye, all through the process, from primaries to the election to the various scandals that have smouldered away,  he has shown that he has the ability to just brass neck his way out of any situation.

I remember in Dubya’s first term it was unthinkable to many that he’d possibly get a second crack at it, just goes to show!

Watt-Zeefuik
On 28/12/2018 at 18:45, Maple Leaf said:

2019 prediction time!!!

What's yours?

The huge question is what Mueller is sitting on, and that office does not leak for anyone. It's so airtight you could launch it into space and it would come back down calmly issuing subpoenas and getting guilty pleas.

Romney's op-ed today was the usual spineless guff from him, but it at least shows that some more high-level GOP folks are starting to test the waters of anti-Trumpism. He's got a nice base for it, as Utah is one deep red state that continues to strongly dislike him.

Tomorrow's a new day, though. Pelosi gets the Speaker's gavel and I honestly don't think 45 knows what's about to hit him. Love her or hate her, Pelosi is a damn good legislator and she's knows how to spar with bullies.

My prediction: we'll have at least one major Congressional hearing in the next six months that has loads of drama.

I'm done trying to predict what the GOP is going to do, other than be generally spineless and evil, and he's not getting removed from office without at least 20 GOP Senator votes.

Watt-Zeefuik
On 29/12/2018 at 06:13, Francis Albert said:

Really? I guess you see different news over there...

Yes. He remains wildly popular with registered GOP members, who are a shrinking percentage of the population but are still about 37% of the country.

Like we have to suffer major through stories about this at least once a month, with the New York Times feeling compelled to go to West Virginia or Wyoming on a regular basis to interview the same three guys with pickup trucks.

Francis Albert
7 hours ago, Ugly American said:

Yes. He remains wildly popular with registered GOP members, who are a shrinking percentage of the population but are still about 37% of the country.

Like we have to suffer major through stories about this at least once a month, with the New York Times feeling compelled to go to West Virginia or Wyoming on a regular basis to interview the same three guys with pickup trucks.

As an Americanophile I get quite a lot of my news from American sources - the New York Times, New Yorker, and New York Review of Books and for a few weeks a year the LA Times (all impeccably anti-Trump).

So I can say that we get pretty much same same news and reporting on Trump over here as over there (thankfully minus Fox News and the like), even from usually right wing media. We even have whole prime time TV series of our own with the sort of "discovering Trump's America" you refer to ... whole series with say Ed Balls, the ex Labour MP and Chancellor, or Miriam Margolyes the actress,  interviewing the same guys with pickup trucks. (As someone wrote, the coastal media could save money on air fares by for example taking the Staten Island Ferry and discovering many Trump supporters and in particular funders closer to home).

My comment on Trumpophiles was really about posters on here, where I am aware of few if any who would qualify. But I stand by the wider point. Yes, he retains an alarmingly high number of supporters who will vote for him but polls and even much of the anecdotal stuff suggest he is not so widely respected or admired or loved as a person. How could he be? (in my travels the only people who I have encountered who openly volunteer that they love him were a few  Israelis).

Edited by Francis Albert

Craig Gordons Gloves

The Dept of Defense is being run by a former Boeing Exec, The EPA is being run by a former Coal Industry Exec, the Dept of the Interior is about to be run by a former Oil Industry Lobbyist and Health & Human Services is run by a former Pharmaceutical lobbyist.

How's the swamp draining going?

4 minutes ago, Craig Gordons Gloves said:

The Dept of Defense is being run by a former Boeing Exec, The EPA is being run by a former Coal Industry Exec, the Dept of the Interior is about to be run by a former Oil Industry Lobbyist and Health & Human Services is run by a former Pharmaceutical lobbyist.

How's the swamp draining going?

It's going absolutely marvellously, Trump is doing exactly as he promised, he's draining the swamp.

Mind he forgot to tell his base that he planned to replace all the swamp monsters with his own swamp monsters, who will be reminded just who put them where they are, as and when Trump needs to.

Of course Trump would never remind them in person, oh no he's too much of a draft dodging coward to do the dirty work himself.

But hey-ho as long as the wall is built and Mexico pays for it..........................................oh wait.

16 hours ago, Ugly American said:

Don't go down the rabbit hole, UA. 

Just saying. 

• Maple Leaf changed the title to U.S. Politics megathread (merged)
  • Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to U.S. Politics megathread (title updated)