• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JFK-1

• Maple Leaf

• Justin Z

• Watt-Zeefuik

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Threatening to "use the military" to shut down the Government if they don't build his wall.

Stating that his supporters would "lead an revolt in the streets" if he was impeached.

:cornette:

Edited by Cade

4 minutes ago, Cade said:

Threatening to "use the military" to shut down the Government if they don't build his wall.

Stating that his supporters would "lead an revolt in the streets" if he was impeached.

:cornette:

Not sure that is what he said. I watched the meeting with Pelosi and Schummer. He did say that if he did not get what he wanted he would do what he had to to get the wall built, and would use the military if necessasry after he had closed government. There may be some confusion about the use of the miltary comment, he has also asked for an increase in defence spending and there is a suspicion he wanted that so if need be he could utilise the miltary to build the wall and have the finance to do so.

After the meeting he tweeted about impeachment and stated in there that if he was there would be a revolt. He did not actually in the tweet I saw mention streets, or his support, although it was natural to assume that was what he meant.

The man is more at this time to be pitied, his performance, and I must admit his supporting cast of Pelosi and Schummer was nothing but a disgrace of conduct by supposed leaders, they behaved worse than drunks arguing in a pub. Trump at least has the defence that he is obviously having serious mental problems as a result of the stress of charges, and the fact that he cannot find anyone who wants to work for him as Chief of Staff. His world is crumbling around him.

I saw a bit of the Pelosi Schummer meeting.

They should have just kept hammering Trump over the fact that his campaign promise, made on numerous occasions, was that Mexico would pay for the wall.

He said over and over "Mexico will pay for the wall", now he's saying that he will shut down the government if Americans don't pay for it.

He has failed in that campaign promise, yet the Dems let him off the hook with it.

At a meeting during the week with Pelosi and Schummer Trump stated with no doubt displayed that he would shut down the government if he was not given the money for the wall.

Today he says that as a result of the new NAFTA deal he brokered with Mexico and Canada the money gained by the deal will ensure that Mexico does pay for the Wall as he promised.

So if Mexico is paying for the Wall, why is he prepared to shut down government to get money to pay for the wall, at the expense of the U.S. taxpayer. I am certainly not a billionaire businessman, but even I with my simple domestic finance capabilities can see that there is a contradiction here, and with my highly skilled profiling abilities I would in the words of an expert state he is absolutely doolalaa nuts, and dangerous.

The Real Maroonblood
19 minutes ago, bobsharp said:

At a meeting during the week with Pelosi and Schummer Trump stated with no doubt displayed that he would shut down the government if he was not given the money for the wall.

Today he says that as a result of the new NAFTA deal he brokered with Mexico and Canada the money gained by the deal will ensure that Mexico does pay for the Wall as he promised.

So if Mexico is paying for the Wall, why is he prepared to shut down government to get money to pay for the wall, at the expense of the U.S. taxpayer. I am certainly not a billionaire businessman, but even I with my simple domestic finance capabilities can see that there is a contradiction here, and with my highly skilled profiling abilities I would in the words of an expert state he is absolutely doolalaa nuts, and dangerous.

He surely must get first prize as the worst president to hold office.

An absolute clown.

5 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

He surely must get first prize as the worst president to hold office.

An absolute clown.

Do you think he'll get a second term? 

The Real Maroonblood
1 minute ago, Dawnrazor said:

Do you think he'll get a second term? 

Every possibility.

Hopefully he’ll get sectioned before he can?.

12 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Every possibility.

Hopefully he’ll get sectioned before he can?.

? Aye, I've really no idea if he'll get in for a second term, it wouldn't surprise me. I'd like to know how his supporters from the last election feel about him now. 

The Real Maroonblood
9 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

? Aye, I've really no idea if he'll get in for a second term, it wouldn't surprise me. I'd like to know how his supporters from the last election feel about him now. 

His supporters will probably be lapping up his behaviour.

4 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

The way things are going he won't finish his first term. Republicans looking ahead who will be seeking reelection in 2020 are starting to see the President as a serious detriment to their chances. Although not yet to the extreme the attitude and actions of some over the Koshogi thing are an indication of some slipping in faith. The hard liners are staying with him at the moment but people like Hatch who make statements about him that are favorable are now being haunted by totally contradictory phrases they have used in the past.

Mueller is not finished, Cohen, Manafort, Pecker and possibly some others are offering information that is reported to be damaging. Trump himself does no good, every time he opens his mouth it is either lies, or absolutely stupid comments. He said Kelly was gone at the end of the month that has now been extended he claims to have applicants for the job , none are forthcoming, Ivanka and Jeremy have just reportedly made a bundle on a deal where they get massive tax breaks through the new tax laws.

In the past I have had the pleasure of hearing a bad guy say, the ba's burst Jimmy, the polis has us, jist gie up. I would give the same advice to Mr D the lucky if he is not arrested temporary president.

Russian agent pleads guilty to infiltrating the NRA for the purposes of compromising the GOP -- on the eve of the anniversary of the horror of Sandy Hook.

Just watched Sen Orrin Hatch apologise to CNN for the awful statement he made to them recently when he basically said that he didn't care what Trump had done that he was doing a good job as President. He went on further that he had always been an advocate of law and order and his statement was misplaced and he was sorry for it.

Unlike the officers on the Titanic these guys are all starting to head for the lifeboats as the evidence around Trump escalated by all the liars inc luding himself who were part of the cabal to get him elected, I frequently comment about my disdain for liars,and this lot just totally describe them, no class, no pride, and absolutely when the rubber hits the road no testicles.

9 hours ago, bobsharp said:

Just watched Sen Orrin Hatch apologise to CNN for the awful statement he made to them recently when he basically said that he didn't care what Trump had done that he was doing a good job as President. He went on further that he had always been an advocate of law and order and his statement was misplaced and he was sorry for it.

Unlike the officers on the Titanic these guys are all starting to head for the lifeboats as the evidence around Trump escalated by all the liars inc luding himself who were part of the cabal to get him elected, I frequently comment about my disdain for liars,and this lot just totally describe them, no class, no pride, and absolutely when the rubber hits the road no testicles.

Drain the swamp I often heard, this lot filled it with sewage/sewerage.

9 hours ago, ri Alban said:

If he was to be impeached and Brexit was cancelled. The US and UK will be set on fire. Fecking hell.

Removal of Trump through impeachment is nowhere in sight, imo.

It will take a majority of the House to initiate the impeachment process, then a 2/3 majority in the Senate for him to be found guilty.  Despite all his lies, there is nothing YET on the table that constitutes "high crimes and misdemeanours". 

The Meuller investigation could reveal something criminal, I suppose, but whether it will be enough to sway a large number of Republican senators remains to be seen.

I fully expect him to finish his term, then be the Republican candidate in 2020.

Trump just appoined Mike Mulvaney as Acting Chief of Staff. Mulvaney only accepted the job as acting so that he can get out as soon as he wants to. The appointment was made because all the ones Trump wanted did not want the job. The consensus of opinion being offered is that they did not want to go down with this chaotic presidency. The man appointed when asked in 2016 what he felt about candidate Trump said he would back him, but that Trump is a terrible human being.

Mueller is nowhere close to being finished and has shrewdly spread his information around a number of District Courts like Southern New York, Virginia, and let them proceed with criminal enquiries outside his Muellers Russia investigation and Obstruction investigations.

Impeachment is not an immediate priority for the Democrats in fact wiser heads have suggested they take their time as public distrust and loss of respect for Trump and his cronies will dissipate dramatically in the next few months.

The moves against Trump now are not like a D Day invasion, they are more , like a cancer slowly invading essential organs, as they become more agggressive and harmful and spread to include his family he will be forced to fight or flee, and fleet will be his choice because with his constant lies, untruths and general disposition he is a coward and will be unable to stand the truth destroying his false image, and he will find a way to run. Probably health oriented resignation, and excuse he has used before.

Has there ever been a Presidency like this?  It's like an episode of The Sopranos, except no-one is being whacked.

"Weeks of devastating legal revelations have left Donald Trump's political career clouded by criminality and his life, presidency and business empire under assault by relentless prosecutors on multiple fronts.

Days of court filings, flipped witnesses, damaging disclosures and sentencing hearings over the last month have delivered blows that appear to expose Trump and key associates to deep legal and political jeopardy.

But the head-spinning volume of material being churned out by special counsel Robert Mueller and other jurisdictions often also blurs the bigger picture of a presidency beset by a span of scandal that is staggering in its breadth.

Simply put, Trump's campaigntransition, inaugural committee and presidency are now under active criminal investigation. His business -- the Trump Organization -- and his defunct charity -- The Trump Foundationare also under investigation (the charity investigation is a civil one. The President himself has been indirectly fingered by New York prosecutors overseen by his own Justice Department of directing criminal attempts to subvert campaign finance laws.

Then there is a civil lawsuit brought by Democratic-led states rooted in claims that Trump's refusal to fully disengage from his businesses means he is using his position to profit from deals in his hotel chain that contravene the Constitution."

4 minutes ago, Maple Leaf said:

Has there ever been a Presidency like this?  It's like an episode of The Sopranos, except no-one is being whacked.

"Weeks of devastating legal revelations have left Donald Trump's political career clouded by criminality and his life, presidency and business empire under assault by relentless prosecutors on multiple fronts.

Days of court filings, flipped witnesses, damaging disclosures and sentencing hearings over the last month have delivered blows that appear to expose Trump and key associates to deep legal and political jeopardy.

But the head-spinning volume of material being churned out by special counsel Robert Mueller and other jurisdictions often also blurs the bigger picture of a presidency beset by a span of scandal that is staggering in its breadth.

Simply put, Trump's campaigntransition, inaugural committee and presidency are now under active criminal investigation. His business -- the Trump Organization -- and his defunct charity -- The Trump Foundationare also under investigation (the charity investigation is a civil one. The President himself has been indirectly fingered by New York prosecutors overseen by his own Justice Department of directing criminal attempts to subvert campaign finance laws.

Then there is a civil lawsuit brought by Democratic-led states rooted in claims that Trump's refusal to fully disengage from his businesses means he is using his position to profit from deals in his hotel chain that contravene the Constitution."

What's his popularity rating amongst voters? 

I saw one poll  on Fox where he received 47%approval for what he had done. The female Fox commentator full of smiles and glee stated thats excellent nearly 50%. She never mentioned it also meant 53% did not approve, which just confirms statistics can be viewed whatever way you want to see them. As far as his popularity is amongst voters it will be the same for his base who do not, nor do they want to believe any of the criticisms against him, they are content to accept his untruths, bullying and incompetence as something different than the norm of politics and therefore good.

This rightly belongs in the Crap Joke thread, but here goes:

Trump's new Chief of Staff goes into the Oval Office.  He says to the President,

"Sir, I have some bad news and some really bad news.  What do you want to hear first?"

Trump replies, "Tell me the bad news first."

"Sir, vice president Pence has left a pee message for you in the snow on the lawn of the White House.  The pee message says 'I hate Trump'."

"Dammit," snarls Trump, "I always hated the little weasel, but this is treachery.  After that, what is the really bad news?"

"The really bad news, sir, is that the message is in Melania's handwriting."

7 minutes ago, Maple Leaf said:

This rightly belongs in the Crap Joke thread, but here goes:

Trump's new Chief of Staff goes into the Oval Office.  He says to the President,

"Sir, I have some bad news and some really bad news.  What do you want to hear first?"

Trump replies, "Tell me the bad news first."

"Sir, vice president Pence has left a pee message for you in the snow on the lawn of the White House.  The pee message says 'I hate Trump'."

"Dammit," snarls Trump, "I always hated the little weasel, but this is treachery.  After that, what is the really bad news?"

"The really bad news, sir, is that the message is in Melania's handwriting."

Wahey!

On a similar note, Trump was advised of a disaster in south america which left ten brazilian people dead. "Holy crap" said Trump, then quietly "how many zeroes is a brazilian?"

3 minutes ago, redjambo said:

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/trump-approval-ratings/

Currently 42.5% approval, 51.7% disapproval.

Midway through a term, is that bad? I know what a lot of people think of him but how does that score compare to other presidents at this point? 

Edit 

Just seen I could scroll down! 

Edited by Dawnrazor

1 minute ago, Dawnrazor said:

Midway through a term, is that bad? I know what a lot of people think of him but how does that score compare to other presidents at this point? 

Edit 

The remarkable thing about his approval rating has been the consistency so far. Indicative perhaps of the polarisation in U.S. politics.

3 minutes ago, redjambo said:

The remarkable thing about his approval rating has been the consistency so far. Indicative perhaps of the polarisation in U.S. politics.

I bet his opposition can't believe it!! 

Not going to watch the program but just saw a snippet of what they are about to discuss, all the matters such as Maple Leaf listed. How does a man do his job appropriately with that on his mind, what are his colleagues such as Mitch McConnel thinking when they support and make excuses for him, Trump is a nut case and a bad person, but those hangers on are the lowest form of slime.

9 hours ago, bobsharp said:

I saw one poll  on Fox where he received 47%approval for what he had done. The female Fox commentator full of smiles and glee stated thats excellent nearly 50%. She never mentioned it also meant 53% did not approve, which just confirms statistics can be viewed whatever way you want to see them. As far as his popularity is amongst voters it will be the same for his base who do not, nor do they want to believe any of the criticisms against him, they are content to accept his untruths, bullying and incompetence as something different than the norm of politics and therefore good.

His approval rating has pretty consistently been somewhere between 35% and 45% depending on who's doing the polling (and Fox is effectively Trump's house PR agency right now so they're going to be among the highest).  Basically there's a little over 1/3 of the country who've decided they like the show no matter how ugly it gets.

I disagree with Maple Leaf's assertion that impeachment is far off right now. There's a fair number of Republicans in the Senate who are fine with the Trump admin as long as they can cram through their pet bills and he signs them without reading them, but would really be much happier with President Pence and a lot less drama. The problem is that that 35% that approve of him are basically 75% of the Republican party, and any GOP figure that goes against him at this point risks getting primaried.

They would far rather Mueller came up with nothing but if real dirt on Trump emerges (and given the number of rats jumping off the ship right now it's starting to look like it might) I don't think it will be that hard to find 20 GOP Senator to convict him.

Simply put if Trump had nothing to fear from Mueller because he was politically insulated, he would spend an awful lot less time at 3 AM tweeting about it.

4 hours ago, Dawnrazor said:

Edit 

4 hours ago, redjambo said:

What redjambo said but the other remarkable thing which the 538 graph doesn't show as well is the intensity of disapproval. It's effectively unprecedented for a President to have >50% disapproval for such an extended stretch.

But yes, basically 1/3 of the country has decided that all bad news about him is the result of a conspiracy of George Soros, Hilary Clinton, and Colonel Sanders and therefore have tuned it all out to watch him do his MAGA act at his rallies. It's a thoroughly depressing state of affairs.

1 hour ago, JackLadd said:

Unfit liar Trump with 41% approval speaks to how effed up that country is.  

They really have fallen for the fake news. BS.

Court finds what we all knew -- the Trump Foundation is a sham charity that existed only as a personal checking account for Trump's whims and effectively was a tax avoidance scheme based on fraud. The Foundation has agreed to dissolve and disburse remaining funds to actual, you know, charities.

https://mobile.twitter.com/NewYorkStateAG/status/1075057547072233473

24 minutes ago, Barack said:

Next pawn moved...

Speaking of, Michael Flynn is getting sentenced in court today. Despite admitting to acting as an unregistered foreign agent (to Turkey) while acting as a senior foreign policy advisor to a Presidential campaign and then transition staff, prosecutors have recommended no jail time. Additionally, Flynn is named as a co-conspirator in a crime of illegal foreign influence that his partner in crime just got indicted on.

The judge is emphasizing how serious the crimes are and asking about the degree of cooperation in other investigations, which prosecutors say has been considerable and that it is largely complete, although it remains a "possibility" that he might provide more.

Needless to say, to get a recommendation of zero prison time for this means he turned over a huge amount of dirt on someone the prosecutors were more interested in.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/michael-flynn-trumps-former-national-security-adviser-scheduled-to-be-sentenced/2018/12/17/19ce1bb4-0247-11e9-b5df-5d3874f1ac36_story.html

The news consensus is the Judge is going to administer jail time on Flynn, he seems to be losing patience with the Guilty but not really stuff.

As far as the Foundation is concerned, the serious problem for Trump and his ilk seems to be that the Foundation made illegal campaign donations to the Trump campaign. Another criminal offence.

I know there are some pseudo Trump supporters on JKB there is one supporter that I feel showed honest and realistic reasons why he has a degree of support for Trump despite some misgivings about things he says. It must be very difficult seeing some positives from the man for whom you voted, but there must although not stated be some very disturbing thoughts go through your head when you see all the things that go with the few positives.

2 minutes ago, Barack said:

That redacted memo from the other day. Was only one memo shown. 

If I was Donnie's kiddywinkles, (think Barron is ok...seen the height of him now, by the way?!  :what: )and the tag-team, Kushner & Ivanka...I'd be extremely skittish.

Kushner's dad is obviously a massive fraudster, currently spending hard time. Jared never learned anything from his Daddy...never mind his Daddy-in-law...?

Flynn has given Mueller platinum. Certain of it.

Cannae wait for Colbert to come on the night.

27 minutes ago, Barack said:

That redacted memo from the other day. Was only one memo shown. 

If I was Donnie's kiddywinkles, (think Barron is ok...seen the height of him now, by the way?!  :what: )and the tag-team, Kushner & Ivanka...I'd be extremely skittish.

Kushner's dad is obviously a massive fraudster, currently spending hard time. Jared never learned anything from his Daddy...never mind his Daddy-in-law...?

Flynn has given Mueller platinum. Certain of it.

There's really a pretty small circle of people left who could be targets that Flynn turned state's evidence on. Outside of the Trump family there's the prospect of Roger Stone or maybe Jerome Corsi but they look more like the knights and bishops that Mueller is lining up to get to checkmate.

Ivanka, Jared, Don Jr., and Eric would seem at least possible to be in the line of fire, but the most likely target is of course 45 himself.

Trump Foundation shut down over a looming lawsuit that exposes multiple illegal uses of the charity's cash, including hush money to Trump's mistresses and even a painting for his own use.

:turmoil:

2 hours ago, Cade said:

Trump Foundation shut down over a looming lawsuit that exposes multiple illegal uses of the charity's cash, including hush money to Trump's mistresses and even a painting for his own use.

:turmoil:

I didn't realise that Don jr,Ivanka and her husband were the Board of Directors and never held a meeting. Of course they knew all about the finances because they were the biggest users.

Flynn been watching too much Faux News, gets cocky and judge whups his ass into jail (I hope). Meanwhile Huckabeast claims Donnie's little hands are clean and his fake charity is shut down. Just another crazytown Tuesday.

Fecks up everything in Syria now. And a total betrayal of the Kurds.  His deflection tactics are about to cost many lives.

Edited by ri Alban

The Real Maroonblood
34 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Fecks up everything in Syria now. And a total betrayal of the Kurds.  His deflection tactics are about to cost many lives.

Apparently the Kremlin are very pleased with this .

Chaos reigns, everyone against Trumps decision about Syria, until the base say they agree with him then all the GOP senators will return to their fawning attitude to the great leader. The Interest rates up, the only really genuinely happy people about Syria, are Russia and Iran, and to an extent Turkey who will now wipe out the hated Kurds. Trumps empire is being exposed as a big organised crime family, literally so.  Even the person with whom Donald has man love, Kim, says North Korea will not denuclearise until U.S. withdraw troops from South Korea, and dismantles their nuclear deterrent weapons. But the Donald is on holiday, and says stuff it and he is not referring to the turkey,  so there is peace in the land, there will be no wall, but an artistically designed fence that can be looked through, what a man, what a President, you just have to love him.

The Real Maroonblood
6 minutes ago, bobsharp said:

Chaos reigns, everyone against Trumps decision about Syria, until the base say they agree with him then all the GOP senators will return to their fawning attitude to the great leader. The Interest rates up, the only really genuinely happy people about Syria, are Russia and Iran, and to an extent Turkey who will now wipe out the hated Kurds. Trumps empire is being exposed as a big organised crime family, literally so.  Even the person with whom Donald has man love, Kim, says North Korea will not denuclearise until U.S. withdraw troops from South Korea, and dismantles their nuclear deterrent weapons. But the Donald is on holiday, and says stuff it and he is not referring to the turkey,  so there is peace in the land, there will be no wall, but an artistically designed fence that can be looked through, what a man, what a President, you just have to love him.

:spoton:

11 minutes ago, Barack said:

Sooo...you don't need a wall? Or you do? :lol:

Sending a lot of mixed messages, DT.

His supporters will agree with Everything he says irrespective of how contradictory it is.

• Maple Leaf changed the title to U.S. Politics megathread (merged)
  • Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to U.S. Politics megathread (title updated)