Airplane!

FWJ

Bazzas right boot

One ticket please.

Smoking or non-smoking?

Smoking.

*hands over a burning ticket.

:bale: 

No, rotten. Most the cast is the same but it's not by the Abrahams/Zucker(s) team.

You think so? I loved the sequel almost as much as the original.

You think so? I loved the sequel almost as much as the original.

To be fair, I haven't seen it for years but from memory it's not a patch...but then I loved the Abrahams/Zuckers stuff so more Airplane!, Police Squad, Naked Gun etc.

I've just noticed Airplane 2 is in the Sky Hub so will give it a watch sometime...

Edited by neilnunb

Watched airplane 2 and while it isn't as good as the first one it is still funny as.

Striker once again the hero. :laugh:

"striker, I have a funny feeling we have done this all before" "ya think"

One of the funniest films ever.

If you ever have the chance, watch the original Airport 1975 movie first. The nun/guitar scene in Airplane is even funnier after watching that.

I love the part on Airplane 2 where it looks like the guy is talking to another guy on a computer screen. They have a 15 second convo and then one of them proceeds to open the door and keep talking - turns out it was a door with a window.

Similar joke in the first naked gun when there's a random door in the middle of the room that the other two just walk around

I love the part on Airplane 2 where it looks like the guy is talking to another guy on a computer screen. They have a 15 second convo and then one of them proceeds to open the door and keep talking - turns out it was a door with a window.

Similar joke in the first naked gun when there's a random door in the middle of the room that the other two just walk around

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gf_kjwOSjGI

Made all the funnier by the fact it's played by William Shatner.

Edited by Diane

"Ever seen a grown man naked?"

"Ever been in a Turkish prison?"

"Do you like films about Gladiators?"

Film is timeless, still as funny and relevant today as it was almost 40 years ago.

Back of the Bus

Striker: My orders came through. My squadron ships out tomorrow. We're bombing the storage depots at Daiquiri at 1800 hours. We're coming in from the north, below their radar.

Elaine: When will you be back?

Striker: I can't tell you that. It's classified

I P Knightley

Thanks to JKB I have just watched it worth my 11 year old. He giggled his way through it. Not at all the same parts as me but, to him, it could have been made in his lifetime.

Striker: My orders came through. My squadron ships out tomorrow. We're bombing the storage depots at Daiquiri at 1800 hours. We're coming in from the north, below their radar.

Elaine: When will you be back?

Striker: I can't tell you that. It's classified

:yas:

Paying for the fuel with a credit card through the cockpit window.

After captain Roger is unconscious he gets dragged out the seat and you see he is wearing his basketball strip below the waist.

On the strength of this thread, I am currently watching the film whilst caramelising some onions. Tell problem is my tears of laughter keep filling the frying pan.

• 7 months later...

Remind me what did have for dinner this evening. We had steak or fish. Thats right i had lasagne. I nearly died at that line absolutely genius i just did not see it coming.

Sent from my SM-G850F using Tapatalk

the jambo poet

great film and great quotes throughout this thread. I recorded it and watched it with my 12yr old boy and he laughed all the way through..mental film.

another great film of similar ilk and released about the same time is Top Secret...laugh a minute stuff...Abrahams/Zuker too...

• 3 years later...
15 minutes ago, Norm said:

A gag every 30 seconds on average. Easily one of the funniest films ever made. 

I’ve been watching a series about the history of comedy and there was a good section about this. I didn’t realise a lot of it is pretty much a scene for scene remake of a terrible B movie. Obviously with added gags. 

3 minutes ago, Tazio said:

I’ve been watching a series about the history of comedy and there was a good section about this. I didn’t realise a lot of it is pretty much a scene for scene remake of a terrible B movie. Obviously with added gags. 

I'm sure the "didn't have fish for dinner" line is a word for word quote from Zero Hour!, the film it was based on. 

It's an absolute comic masterpiece. Just so many good jokes. 

Just now, Norm said:

I'm sure the "didn't have fish for dinner" line is a word for word quote from Zero Hour!, the film it was based on. 

It's an absolute comic masterpiece. Just so many good jokes. 

Yeah, it’s a mix of Zero Hour with a fair bit of Airport 75 in the characters. 

On 17/01/2017 at 21:17, Samuel Camazzola said:

'Nervous?'

'Yes'

'First time?'

'No, I've been nervous lots of times.'

That’s the one for me 😀

“Cream?”

“No, I like my coffee black, like my men”

The black dudes speaking jive then the old women speaking jive to them.

Could not get away with that nowadays. Lift

10 hours ago, AlimOzturk said:

“Cream?”

“No, I like my coffee black, like my men”

The black dudes speaking jive then the old women speaking jive to them.

Could not get away with that nowadays.

Not to mention the old woman speaking jive was the same actress that played June Cleaver, the mother in the 1950s show Leave It to Beaver, which projected "good, wholesome," extremely white, suburban America, in typical post-war, pre-civil rights era fashion.

For what it's worth, you could absolutely get away with lampooning such things as that these days, and rightly so. :smile:

The Jaws reference as the plane tail pokes above the clouds.

I've not seen Airplane 2 for some time, but I recall there being some sort of x-ray scanners at the airport and the security guys were basically seeing folk without clothes, and so we see some nice tits :laugh:

Great films. One of my favourite scenes is the one in Airplane 2 where all the passengers start rioting on being told they're out of coffee and the overhead sign starts flashing with the words "don't panic" - and then a few seconds later "okay panic". Brilliant.