Berra Back to the Jambos rumour

clark963

I see the daily ranger is reporting Berra back to the jambos. That would be a great bit of business in my opinion.

It would be an outstanding move. The guy is considered the best CB in the English Championship by many though... won't hold my breath.

All roads lead to Gorgie

Maybe just alerting their Govan readership that he is maybe available ?

Probably not going to happen yet, but maybe next season. Wonder if he's just linked to drum up interest from the west (Huns) ?

Would love to see him back and pretty sure he said he'd like to end his career back up here.

Used to see him training in the gym in Edinburgh over the off season. I know it's just paper talk but would be some coup if he did fancy it.

Rumours come and go and this one has shown some legs.....................but not a chance would he return at present

Salary for a start would be a major issue, it's not as if he is not playing regularly and he has just got himself back into the Scotland squad.

Still the chat is re a summer move and perhaps he wants a return north for personal reasons.

I'd be amazed if this happens now, or in the Summer.

Someone I know though did claim we will be surprised by some of the names we are interested in.

He does haver sometimes though, so I just politely acknowledged what he told me.

Ultimately, I can't see this happening. Happy to be proved wrong though.

That paper just report on rumours from kickback?

Ken its just a rumour but I haven't seen it anywhere on here already. Albeit I don't read everything. Just reporting what I saw and with all the we are doomed we have lost all our players chat it's good to be linked with a player who is streets ahead of those who are leaving.

Would be good business by Hearts if it were to happen, he does still seem to come back regularly, but must be considered a long shot at the moment

All roads lead to Gorgie

Ken its just a rumour but I haven't seen it anywhere on here already. Albeit I don't read everything. Just reporting what I saw and with all the we are doomed we have lost all our players chat it's good to be linked with a player who is streets ahead of those who are leaving.

I think it was mentioned but the thread was tidied up and the posts might have been deleted .

That paper just report on rumours from kickback?

I see they also suggested wages may be a stumbling block. -----Well I never 

The lad is a Jambo, he's probably made a few quid being down south for a number of years, so maybe he wants one last go at winning something with the club he loves before the decline. 

If I had made my money, I'd be wanting to come and play for the club I supported sooner rather than later so that I could still genuinely offer something.

Maybe that's just the passionate Jambo side of me talking, though.

Come home, Christophe, you know it makes sense.

The lad is a Jambo, he's probably made a few quid being down south for a number of years, so maybe he wants one last go at winning something with the club he loves before the decline.

If I had made my money, I'd be wanting to come and play for the club I supported sooner rather than later so that I could still genuinely offer something.

Maybe that's just the passionate Jambo side of me talking, though.

Come home, Christophe, you know it makes sense.

Does he have a better or worse chance of being first choice for Scotland which he could now be?

tartofmidlothian

It's been discussed on here the last few days and the Record piece just rehashes what was said. I'd love it to happen, though. That Barry Anderson piece is much more detailed, he often has decent info.

So a back line of:

Smith Souttar Berra Sowah

?

With Hughes acting as cover. If we get Paterson on a new deal that makes it look a good rebuild of our back line.

If true and it happens superb.

We_are_the_Hearts

So a back line of:

Smith Souttar Berra Sowah

?

With Hughes acting as cover. If we get Paterson on a new deal that makes it look a good rebuild of our back line.

If true and it happens superb.

Hughes is not here to be cover

It's been discussed on here the last few days and the Record piece just rehashes what was said. I'd love it to happen, though. That Barry Anderson piece is much more detailed, he often has decent info.

Sorry didn't see anything about it. Shows good intent by the club IMO

Hughes is not here to be cover

Then I'd be gutted for Souttar. Surely Berra or Hughes and Souttar makes sense to build him up - like Webster and Pressley.

Berra (if returning) won't be benching. So it would be Berra and Hughes. Where does Souttar play? Thought he partly left United to not be stuck in midfield.

tartofmidlothian

Sorry didn't see anything about it. Shows good intent by the club IMO

I'd love us to sign him, don't get me wrong.

I just realised he played 146 games for us. It felt like he was hardly in the team before he was gone.

I'd love us to sign him, don't get me wrong.

I just realised he played 146 games for us. It felt like he was hardly in the team before he was gone.

I was still in my teens when he was in the team. He was one of my favourite players. Captained the team a few times I think.

Archived