Another Robbo

Bazzas right boot

Type of player we need, decent footballer, more importantly loads of experience and knows the spl.

Rudolf's Mate

Be a great move for us. Not so for him so can't see it happening.

Why not for him? In the right team he could be incredibly effective.

Ron Burgundy

Why not for him? In the right team he could be incredibly effective.

I just think unless we are offering him significantly more cash he has a far better chance ( at the moment ) of winning a cup and finishing higher in the league.

Who knows. Maybe he'd fancy a new challenge.

I just think unless we are offering him significantly more cash he has a far better chance ( at the moment ) of winning a cup and finishing higher in the league.

Austin McPhee influence?

Elias Henry Furst

The Austin Macphee connection?

Sure I read recently an interview where Mcginn was praising AM to the hilt.

Maybe something in it, maybe not.

I'm sure Niall Mcginn will have a few options but he's a very decent player.

Ron Burgundy

Austin McPhee influence?

Possibly. Would like this to happen. Good player and imagine the seethe from the sheep.

Fozzyonthefence

Can't see that happening unfortunately. Why would he leave a team challenging for 2nd to go to a team going backwards with a much weaker squad?

Rudolf's Mate

You might be right tbf.

With him being out of contract it's possible (not saying it's the case) that because there's no fee we can be more competitive. I don't think Aberdeen have progressed at all and maybe he would be sold on the direction of the coaches.

All big if's especially if we aren't even interested in him :lol:

Can't see that happening unfortunately. Why would he leave a team challenging for 2nd to go to a team going backwards with a much weaker squad?

Left Celtic to go to the sheep

If true this is surely something to be positive about. Proven SPL quality player. Pretty light in the midfield just now.

Voice of reason

I agree to an extent. Aberdeen have a better squad at present but who knows after two more transfer windows. By August 2017 we could be better than them - they are not that far ahead or have that much greater a playing budget than us to give up on catching them very quickly. The potential at Hearts is higher than that of Aberdeen in my opinion - it's not a step down.

Don't see it happening.

Sideways move for him and we'd have to offer him a lot more money than Aberdeen.

Seems highly, highly unlikely.

kylelauren01

Another on the list of those soon to be out of contract is like to see at Hearts is Bryan Easton from St Johnstone. Decent left back, good defender and good going forward. Him playing behind McGinn would give us real balance on left side.

Finlay James

Great move for both if true & a step up in club size for McGinn.

I'd be delighted if we signed him.

Finlay James

Another on the list of those soon to be out of contract is like to see at Hearts is Bryan Easton from St Johnstone. Decent left back, good defender and good going forward. Him playing behind McGinn would give us real balance on left side.

I agree, Easton would bring some solidity down that side, something we have missed for 2 years now

There's going to be a lot of rumours, as is usual at the transfer window, don't know much about McGinn but we need a creative midfielder, a CH and a nippy CF imo.

Has a great game about 1 in 8, just to remind people that he does have ability but cant be arsed using it often enough.

Certainly would improve the movement in the final third. Can't see it happening however, the money he'd be looking for would put him well ahead of our current highest earner.

Geoff Kilpatrick

Would love this to be true but it sounds like bollocks.

Easton is a good shout.

Aberdeens average wage is around ?130k per year. Hearts is around ?85k per year. This is unlikely to happen. He'd be a good signing though. Can play wide or through the middle. Has pace. Knows the league. I just think the wages would be a huge stumbling block.

McGinn hates Hearts, this will not be happening. More chance of Griffiths and Darren O'Dea signing for us this summer. More lazy journalism.

I'd absolutely take him. McGinn, Hayes, Rooney and Shinnie have been the difference for them over the last few years, when there's been no real challenge to Aberdeen happily finishing second. With us about to significantly increase our revenue next year and Rangers back in the league Aberdeen are only gonna start dropping. I could understand if he didn't fancy the move but would also understand if he did. As posted above, Aberdeen have only won 1 trophy while they've been the second best team in the country.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

My understanding is that he will leave Aberdeen, he fancies England and Barnsley have a strong interest. Could happen in January

Never gonna happen, lazy journalism at the most !

However, hypothetically, I'd rather see Muirhead given a decent run of games in that position.

McGinn hates Hearts, this will not be happening. More chance of Griffiths and Darren O'Dea signing for us this summer. More lazy journalism.

Interesting. Why does he hate Hearts ? Where has he ever even hinted at that ?

Anyway, McGinn can probably get a half decent gig in the championship or League 1 on at least double what we could stretch to. 

Cant see it happening.

It's funny that we think we can persuade a player to come from a club with a higher wage structure, better league placing, and chance of Europe / cup wins. Taking off the maroon tinted specs the only way he'd do that is if we offer more cash. He's more likely to get that in England. Non starter.

Behave. The guys a professional and this is his job at the end of the day. If we were able to offer him a significant hike in wages he would be at Hearts in a heartbeat.

Winston Ingram

Point being overlooked here is that he isn't always a guaranteed starter at Aberdeen. Look at their teams for and around league cup final, he was a sub. 

Behave. The guys a professional and this is his job at the end of the day. If we were able to offer him a significant hike in wages he would be at Hearts in a heartbeat.

This would mean we'd need to blow our wage structure. We pay significantly less than Aberdeen. I for one don't want us paying silly money again. There's others out there.

Bad Religion

It's funny that we think we can persuade a player to come from a club with a higher wage structure, better league placing, and chance of Europe / cup wins. Taking off the maroon tinted specs the only way he'd do that is if we offer more cash. He's more likely to get that in England. Non starter.

Hearts are a bigger club.

In other countries these stories tend to come when a player is negotiating a new contract.

Or Rangers fans in media realise Aberdeen are a serious threat for second place.

Hearts are a bigger club.

In what way?

League position? no.

Wages? no.

Chances of Europe / Cup? no.

This is compared to Aberdeen AT PRESENT. I do think we can be bigger long term but can't see him turning down better offers in wages from England or even Aberdeen / Rangers to join us in the hope we somehow improve.

Bit naive to think he wouldnt be tempted by one of our 3 year deals tbh....think before you post!!!!

Archived