Refs who do they support?

Diadora Van Basten

8 hours ago, 1874robbo said:

Played in the same team as willie years ago and yes a good jambo but never gave us feck all as a linesman!! 
think he over compensated for the fact he was a jambo and didn’t want to give us anything.

I mind hearing or reading an interview around about 15 years ago that the ref at Dens Park in 1986 was a well known Jambo. He thought when Clark was brought down in the box early in the game that it was a penalty but didn't want to give it as the SFA knew he supported Hearts and may have been seen by them as bias towards us if he awarded it. Maybe at the time he thought we'd get a goal or two during the game so that the penalty incident didn't matter in the end. Imagine an old firm supporting ref not giving their favourites the penalty!? Wouldn't happen. It was a definite penalty that Sandy Clark won us and it could easily have eased the nerves and changed the game pattern.

On 29/12/2016 at 09:54, Diadora Van Basten said:

I think Callum Murray was a Hearts fan but has now retired.

I just wondered if there were any other SFA refs who support Hearts?

There was a tine when refs cam from various parts of the country and supported a variety of teams. Today, however because most are from the central belt as some have probably already said, support the bigot brothers.

queensferryjambo
On 29/12/2016 at 10:16, Samuel Camazzola said:

Brian Colvin is a Hearts fan but I think he gave up the officiating a couple of years ago.

He had a shocker refereeing one of our games a few years back. I think it may have been away to St Johnstone.

It was against Livingston when this happened - 

_80882297_talbot.jpg

On 29/12/2016 at 09:54, Diadora Van Basten said:

I think Callum Murray was a Hearts fan but has now retired.

I just wondered if there were any other SFA refs who support Hearts?

Callum was a jambo. Gave us nothing!! Used to work with him, decent guy. His old boy was an out and out Bluenose.

2 hours ago, jambonian said:

I mind hearing or reading an interview around about 15 years ago that the ref at Dens Park in 1986 was a well known Jambo. He thought when Clark was brought down in the box early in the game that it was a penalty but didn't want to give it as the SFA knew he supported Hearts and may have been seen by them as bias towards us if he awarded it. Maybe at the time he thought we'd get a goal or two during the game so that the penalty incident didn't matter in the end. Imagine an old firm supporting ref not giving their favourites the penalty!? Wouldn't happen. It was a definite penalty that Sandy Clark won us and it could easily have eased the nerves and changed the game pattern.

I’m sure the ref that day was Crombie who was a known jambo and was given the game as he was retiring and it was like a retirement gift so to say.

it ended up working against us as you rightly say he denied us a stonewaller which I believe another ref would have given us on the day.

Selkirkhmfc1874
5 hours ago, Jamie Walker Tash said:

Not sure if it's the same person because i can't mind the name but years ago an ex ref use to stay on Barleyknowe Rd, end house next to the grass field. Spoke to him lots in my younger days, just can't mind his name. Can't be that many refs to live in gorebridge.

That's the one, his daughter Gillian used to travel on Mayfield and gorebridge supporters bus every week

4 hours ago, ShedBoy said:

Having trained with the refs when they were at peffermill I can confirm that Clancy is Rangers and Willie Collum “hates every team equally” also calumn Doyle I know is H1b5 daft like his dad mark, greig Haynes is also H1b5 as are most of the EDRA, quite frightening really for the future 👍🏻

Clancy is Rangers? You mean Madden surely?

Re Crombie - back in Crombie's day big Tam Brown was a Jambo who refereed for a short spell. He also worked beside Crombie in Ferranti at Crewe Toll.

1 hour ago, Smoked-Glass said:

It's shocking that we have refs that support a team.  Get some English ones up 

Far better refs as well.

Samuel Camazzola
6 hours ago, queensferryjambo said:

It was against Livingston when this happened - 

_80882297_talbot.jpg

The match he (admittedly) had a bad day was a Premier League fixture. 

5 hours ago, Smoked-Glass said:

It's shocking that we have refs that support a team.  Get some English ones up 

Remember the Polish refs from ten years ago. Get em back.

7 hours ago, JDK2020 said:

Re Crombie - back in Crombie's day big Tam Brown was a Jambo who refereed for a short spell. He also worked beside Crombie in Ferranti at Crewe Toll.

Clancy is Rangers 👍🏻

I'm sure Kevin Clancy will be having a chuckle to himself if he's ever on here reading this. Despite what you might think, Mr Clancy is a Hearts fan!

I've been told this by two people who worked closely with him, one of whom was a regular linesman (assistant ref!) for him over a number of years...

13 hours ago, ShedBoy said:

Having trained with the refs when they were at peffermill I can confirm that Clancy is Rangers and Willie Collum “hates every team equally” also calumn Doyle I know is H1b5 daft like his dad mark, greig Haynes is also H1b5 as are most of the EDRA, quite frightening really for the future 👍🏻

Dream on about Clancy.....his whole family are Jambo’s........FACT

2 of the Biggest Hobo’s of recent times both quit recently Scott Miller & Duncan Smith...... both gave us Sweet **** All....FACT

19 hours ago, JDK2020 said:

No way is Clancy a Rangers man. One of his uncles was a very senior Catholic Cleric. Madden has always been known as Orange Bobby - so I suppose that tells you all you need to know.

My old football manager used to ref back in 90s early 00s Ian Fyfe I went to school with his son. He was  English and said he never supported anyone In Scotland. massive Manchester United fan . Seen them both with green and white scarfs on heading to Glasgow for the cup final back in 2019.

queensferryjambo
22 hours ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

The match he (admittedly) had a bad day was a Premier League fixture. 

Ooft he must have had a clanger in the Premier game as the Livingston one was an appalling display in the Championship :) 

Edited by queensferryjambo

On 25/10/2020 at 12:42, Cynic said:

Callum was a jambo. Gave us nothing!! Used to work with him, decent guy. His old boy was an out and out Bluenose.

If your bosses are the SFA and their policy is that it is not acceptable to show favour to any team except a certain two, then that is the natural course to follow. 

Would make sence to have say a hearts fan ref the Dundee Derby or a Inverness dude do the Edinburgh Derby etc... 

I'd love to ref a Dundee Derby as I wouldn't give a **** who wins it.  Just wanna give the decisions as I see them. 

On 25/10/2020 at 12:42, 1874robbo said:

I’m sure the ref that day was Crombie who was a known jambo and was given the game as he was retiring and it was like a retirement gift so to say.

it ended up working against us as you rightly say he denied us a stonewaller which I believe another ref would have given us on the day.

I remember having a chat with him in The Rutland after a game at Tynecastle v Aberdeen.

I told him he missed a stonewall penalty for the home side that afternoon. 

He said "you could be right - I actually went to blow the whistle when I saw the number 7. I thought 'Colquhoun - Diver!' and waved play on".

On 26/10/2020 at 01:42, 1874robbo said:

Makes you want to cry.  Blatant penalty all day.

On 26/10/2020 at 11:35, Stu_HMFC said:

My old football manager used to ref back in 90s early 00s Ian Fyfe I went to school with his son. He was  English and said he never supported anyone In Scotland. massive Manchester United fan . Seen them both with green and white scarfs on heading to Glasgow for the cup final back in 2019.

Aye, I know his older son very well, this came up in our group chat this morning and he forwarded the post on to Ian who replied with a picture of himself drinking a pint with 'hun and jambo tears' photoshopped onto it.

Pair of dirty Selik fans. 

24 minutes ago, daveb15 said:

Aye, I know his older son very well, this came up in our group chat this morning and he forwarded the post on to Ian who replied with a picture of himself drinking a pint with 'hun and jambo tears' photoshopped onto it.

For the avoidance of any doubt, this is a joke.

On 26/10/2020 at 11:35, Stu_HMFC said:

I went to school with his oldest son also and still see him a lot these days and can confirm that neither Ian or any of his offspring are Celtic fans. When this was put to a group chat earlier it was met with a lot of laughs.

They just support the manky Man Utd the lot of them.

To be fair to you there is a guy who lives round the corner from them who looks a little bit like Ian who is a Hibs fan and wears his green and white scarf everywhere he goes, maybe it was him you saw.

3 hours ago, daveb15 said:

Sounds like a complete and utter scumbag (or maybe not if he was only joking!)  😉 

Edited by JDK2020

Sure that boy Keith Sorbie with the short sleeves was a right dyed in the wool jambo linesman Assistant or whatever they call them?! Never helped us though and always had David Obua sent off which I suppose was one good thing in a long sentence with no punctuation. 

15 hours ago, daveb15 said:

For the avoidance of any doubt, this is a joke.

I went to school with his oldest son also and still see him a lot these days and can confirm that neither Ian or any of his offspring are Celtic fans. When this was put to a group chat earlier it was met with a lot of laughs.

They just support the manky Man Utd the lot of them.

To be fair to you there is a guy who lives round the corner from them who looks a little bit like Ian who is a Hibs fan and wears his green and white scarf everywhere he goes, maybe it was him you saw.

Might of been pal. It was at the station on the way to Glasgow on cup final morning . I do remember them being massive United fans well Scott was at school.