Done Like A Kipper.....Again

Motoko

Not wanting to dig up old posts or threads that date back to Nov/Dec/Early Jan, but there was a consensus on this forum that this transfer window would shed some light as to Vlad\'s plans for the footballing side of our club.

An announcement was made at the beginning of January that Vlad was looking for a manager to take over team affairs. Wooopeee. Folks were getting out the bunting and raucous cries of \"This is what we want\", \"Vlad\'s seen the light\", \"We\'ll turn the corner now\", blah, blah, blah were spouted and folks hopes were risen.

Maybe I\'m sceptical, but we\'ve been conned again. There will be no manager. There will be no signings. There will be no improvement.

I honestly do fear the worst.

Not wanting to dig up old posts or threads that date back to Nov/Dec/Early Jan, but there was a consensus on this forum that this transfer window would shed some light as to Vlad\'s plans for the footballing side of our club.

An announcement was made at the beginning of January that Vlad was looking for a manager to take over team affairs. Wooopeee. Folks were getting out the bunting and raucous cries of \"This is what we want\", \"Vlad\'s seen the light\", \"We\'ll turn the corner now\", blah, blah, blah were spouted and folks hopes were risen.

Maybe I\'m sceptical, but we\'ve been conned again. There will be no manager. There will be no signings. There will be no improvement.

I agree

Nelly Terraces
I don't want signings just about 10 free transfers for those surpluss to requirements.

Sme here. Same for all the bouys I got to the games with. Just wnat to see the deaedwood punted and think about things after that.

I would actulay transfer list around 15 players immediatley, and that includes around 10 that took the field last night.

I said at the time his words meant absolutely bugger all and my opinion of him will only change with actions although i think (again) a lot of people bought into his statement on blind faith alone. There is no doubt in my mind he sees the Hearts fans as weak and a soft touch and possibly thought a simple statement would get us off his back for a while which it did.

I don't recall too many champagne corks being popped.

What I do recall is a guarded welcome to the news with VR being given just enough breathing space to deliver.

Right now, he really has no "wriggle room" left. Appoint a new manager by mid-February or let merry hell commence.

I think most people lived in hope that things would change, only because hope is all we have!! you know something.... at the end of the day... we dont want to pay Vlad to pay loads of money for new players or shell out Old Firm size wages for better quality than the best of the rest in the league.

All we want is a manager to come in and have full control of the team affairs, somone who will have a free reign to ship players in or out based on what he feels is needed.

If that took us to third place behind the OF then fine....if we challenged them even better, but right now we are a shambles and only one man is to blame. Something that could so easilly have been fixed at almost anytime, has been neglected and allowed to fester to something that is almost beyond economical repair!

We just want a manager!! IS that to much to ask for VLAD!

What I do recall is a guarded welcome to the news with VR being given just enough breathing space to deliver.

Right now, he really has no "wriggle room" left. Appoint a new manager by mid-February or let merry hell commence.

Where did you get this deadline from or have you just made it up yourself?

Drew Busby .. . . your given him that long.... do you think he needs that long? personally I think he could have had a manager by now if he was serious.

I give him till next week, then I will assume we aint getting a proper manager based on the fact that he spun us a line to avoid having to spend in the january transfer window.

Dont know where we go from though!!

There have been direct quotes from those up high at Hearts that recognise we need QUALITY and not QUANTITY during this window.

A suitable manager was also promised.

If this is failed to be delivered then pro-active action is surely needed against the 'regime' for the remainder of the season.

If we have to endure another inept display like last night's again, i'll fecking explode.

Drew Busby .. . . your given him that long.... do you think he needs that long? personally I think he could have had a manager by now if he was serious.

I give him till next week, then I will assume we aint getting a proper manager based on the fact that he spun us a line to avoid having to spend in the january transfer window.

Dont know where we go from though!!

I don't think he needed that long Meth. 6 weeks or so should be more than enough though - if he was serious as you say.

Personally I'd go to Rugby Park today, and give Killie as much money as it takes to get Jeffries in the Tynecastle door with immediate effect. That impetus could save the semi-final and produce a vital win over Gretna.

As it stands though we're looking as bad as we ever did under the committee and with performances and results to match.

I would give him no longer than to the end of January.

Right now the Jim Jeffries option is looking better and better (and that isn't saying much).

I'd settle for him coming in, buying three guys that would put in a decent shift, and get about 12 deadwood planks to ****.

Buffalo Bill

Archived