Arsehole Neighbours

Solid Snake

Why is it that some people are so selfish and simply do not care about anyone else?

I live in traditional build flat and there are 11 other flats in the building. I constantly experience problems with my neighbors.

- Neighbours arguing at 4am some nights. Who even functions at that time, never mind argue? They even have the cheek to bang on the wall when I am talking normally at 10pm.

- Stairwell constantly stinks of weed. They go outside but are right beside the door so the stench fills the building. How hard is it to go further away from the building?

- Old furniture dumped in the stairwell. They put a note on it saying people are welcome to take it (which is fair enough), but three months later and it is still there. Is it really that hard to get the council to pick it up or, you know, take it to a rubbish tip?

- Car was dented by someone, no note left or anything. This might not be someone in my building obviously, it could have been anyone on the street, but still. Someone also stubbed a cigarette out on my car, scummy behaviour.

Anyone else got any stories of shan neighbours?

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Салатные палочки

• JudyJudyJudy

• Morgan

• ri Alban

Салатные палочки

Someone on here (can't remember who) would blow them out the water with his stories of his mental neighbours and their begging letters.  

They sound like a nightmare though.  I think every close has them.  My neighbour has had her door booted in five times since I have lived their by the Police, always first thing as well, it sounds like it's my door going in.  

Riddley Walker

I lived off a flat just off Easter Road and the first weekend the guy below came up with his psycho wife and told me he "had a bullet" for me. Apparently the flooring wasn't insulated and they could hear every step we took. Not that they told us that yet, they thought it was a better idea to come up and scream at us as a way of introduction.

Then they accused us of making fag holes in their window frame, which was onto the back garden and which we never went down to. We got out of there pretty quickly.

Why is it that some people are so selfish and simply do not care about anyone else?

I live in traditional build flat and there are 11 other flats in the building. I constantly experience problems with my neighbors.

- Neighbours arguing at 4am some nights. Who even functions at that time, never mind argue? They even have the cheek to bang on the wall when I am talking normally at 10pm.

- Stairwell constantly stinks of weed. They go outside but are right beside the door so the stench fills the building. How hard is it to go further away from the building?

- Old furniture dumped in the stairwell. They put a note on it saying people are welcome to take it (which is fair enough), but three months later and it is still there. Is it really that hard to get the council to pick it up or, you know, take it to a rubbish tip?

- Car was dented by someone, no note left or anything. This might not be someone in my building obviously, it could have been anyone on the street, but still. Someone also stubbed a cigarette out on my car, scummy behaviour.

After reading that my neighbours are saints, only thing is the lack of help with cleaning the stair which my wife does.

Banging doors which i will never understand but thats about it.

Someone on here (can't remember who) would blow them out the water with his stories of his mental neighbours and their begging letters.

They sound like a nightmare though. I think every close has them. My neighbour has had her door booted in five times since I have lived their by the Police, always first thing as well, it sounds like it's my door going in.

http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/index.php?/topic/156143-neighbours/page-4&do=findComment&comment=5542158

MVD on that thread. Some stories :lol:

Alcoholic man in his 60's in my stair. 

His wee niece (early 20's) would use his flat as a party flat every week, and not just at weekends. Dozens of folk. Fighting, screaming, shagging, you name it, until 3-4am, even on weeknights.

We got to know the local Police very well; first name terms for most of them.

Eventually we managed to get him banned from having folk around (noise abatement order) but then he started slashing car tyres, smashing windows, trying to poison people's dogs, making threats with knives all because we stopped "his pals" from being able to come over and party.

After keeping a diary of his nonsense, we got him served with an eviction notice. 

He barricaded himself in and said he had a knife.

This led to machine-gun armed bobbies in the stair, attack dogs in the front and back gardens in case he came out of a window and resulted in his front door being smashed in with a ram and his arms being chewed to shite by the dugs.

Never saw him again.

Dick.

In 1993 we lived above one of the Proclaimers. Don't know which one.

Is that arseholish enough?

Edited by Morgan

Bridge of Djoum

With the amount of arseholes on here, I'm sure some JKB members were the ''arsehole neighbour'' at some point.

Sawdust Caesar

I used to have an a pair of alcoholic pensioners in the flat below mine, most days they would go out a get rat-arsed and then come home and argue, fight and slam doors well into the wee hours, they also let their dog piss in the stair. One Saturday afternoon I passed them both in the stair, they were already blootered, the old boy goes "howzit goin pal?" trying to be all chummy and I just had a go at them both for all the noise and grief they cause, the old boy said nowt but the wifey went mental at me, threatening to get somebody to stab my eyes out.

A few weeks later I come home from work and decide to give my bathroom a good cleaning, it has a wooden floor so the noise of me walking about in trainers was enough for them to call the police on me, this was at 7pm. The police came into my flat and I told them I had only been cleaning my bathroom which has a wooden floor. One of the cops asked me if I had problems with these people as they knew their complaint was bollox, I told them about all the arguing etc. and that they called you out because I had a go at them previously. I was thinking maybe they'll charge the couple for wasting their time. Unfortunately for me I had left a wee bit of resin on my coffee table which one copper kept looking at and then looking at me just to let me know he'd seen it, he then said "you keep it down and I'll ignore that on your table". I knew then I had lost any chance of them taking my side so I said I would keep it down and I bade them farewell.

Thankfully another neighbour went mental at them one night and they decide to move out not long after.

Bridge of Djoum

If it was the one with the glasses.......

If it was the one with the glasses.......

Did he introduce his wife to you as the "the little woman"?

Did he introduce his wife to you as the "the little woman"?

No, but he introduced us to his brother.

Lanky glaikit looking thing with red hair and specs.

:lol:

You live on the east of Edinburgh by any chance? Sounds almost indentical to my experiences living just off Leith Walk, back in my MaroonedInLeith days.

You live on the east of Edinburgh by any chance? Sounds almost indentical to my experiences living just off Leith Walk, back in my MaroonedInLeith days.

Correct.

How abouts threatening to torch our flat and cars, deliberately letting the dog shit on the lawn to annoy the neighbours and openly admit it, deliberately place the guitar amp against the wall to make sure the neighbours are annoyed and openly admit it...

Arseholish behaviour we all had to put up with in our stair and it all ended up with a prison sentence for the neighbour. We thought it'd just be a slap on the wrist and warning not to be inconsiderate.

Trivial things annoy me about my neighbours but the bins really get on my tits!

We live in a 6 in a block and being ground floor our wheelie bins are stored in our front garden while the rest are round the back. Our neighbours are bad for dumping their shite in my bin cos they're too lazy to go out back and put it in their own bin.

This wouldn't bother me if it wasn't for 2 things:

1. Completely filling my bin with their shite, days before collection. So I'm left with no space for my rubbish.

2. Putting stuff in the recycling bin that doesn't belong in it, meaning my recycling bin doesn't get emptied. This has happened twice but it's obviously been sneakily done when I'm at work on collection day.

I've now went to the drastic action of taking stuff out my bin that's not mine, and dumping it on the garden path. No one has confronted me or came forward yet.

Oh aye, and the neighbours through the wall but from the next block are a pain. Their kids room is through the wall from my room and they're up till midnight banging about and what sounds like bouncing a basketball.

I wouldn't mind at all at a reasonable time but when I'm lying in bed at 11pm trying to sleep for work, I shouldn't have to listen to that.

We live in a 6 in a block and being ground floor our wheelie bins are stored in our front garden while the rest are round the back. Our neighbours are bad for dumping their shite in my bin cos they're too lazy to go out back and put it in their own bin.

1. Completely filling my bin with their shite, days before collection. So I'm left with no space for my rubbish.

2. Putting stuff in the recycling bin that doesn't belong in it, meaning my recycling bin doesn't get emptied. This has happened twice but it's obviously been sneakily done when I'm at work on collection day.

I've now went to the drastic action of taking stuff out my bin that's not mine, and dumping it on the garden path. No one has confronted me or came forward yet.

You sound like you live in my block :)

I'd drill a hole in the bin lid and put a padlock on it, I know you shouldn't have too mind. I don't know how I'd cope living in a block of flats, poorly I suspect!! My nearest neighbours are 800 yards away on the other side of the valley and about 600/700 over a hill, I'm not looking forward to retirement when I'll need to move into a village or town and will have neighbours, not looking forward to it at all.

I'm lucky I live in a stair with 2 other flats above. Only gripe I have is my neighbour's dog barks and howls whenever it's left in the flat, even then its not too often.

Downside, yesterday 20 flats in the vicinity got raided by drugs squad. They were there in large numbers when I went to work that morning. The thing is they've known about the problem for years as did the Local Authority but very little got done.

Edited by Marvin

Naw West Pilton Drive but I get the exact same problems :D

Would've been mental if you were in my block. :lol:

Must just be a West Pilton thing for folk to use other folks bins. :lol:

Arsehole Neighbours thread?!

Just last night the one at the end, his brother, he came out and leathered the laddie nextdoor to me. Burst his head open behind his ear, blood pouring out. The women out screaming at each other, something about ?100. So the burst boy tries to get back in his own house but his mrs says "nae chance he'll get blood oan ma new cairpit" so he turns round to get to his car, boom! Another smack from the boys brother. All this happening as the bleeding boys toddler son is up against the car window screaming. Whole street out watching it unfold.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Almost a year to the day, (reading your other posts) that they're outside having a fight at Christmas time.

Hope you've got some left over toys and turkey for them, when they come knocking Christmas Day...

It's literally ever couple of weeks. Sometimes just drunk shouting, sometimes like last night.

2 weeks ago the lassie next door knocked & asked me if I had heard anything? Because someone (I'm assuming after last night it was them at the end) had tipped her recycling wheelie bin over her car, battered the bin off the bonnet a few times then smashed all the glass bottles around her car. Bearing in mind every house on my street has at least one kid who all play outside together.

Scum.

I used to stay in the fort. Paper thin walls with psychos and drug addicts for neighbours. Was made worse the way the flats where put together like Tetris meaning you had 4 of them.

One guy used to beat his wife and them play "everybody hurts" by Rem over and over at full blast. Happened every weekend. Constant raids at the other neighbour

One year on Christmas eve the doorbell went, I answered and some random punched me in the face and ran off.

My neighbours are great. New builds are fantastic, I hear nothing from next door or underneath.

Are the walls in new builds not made out of rice paper? :lol:

Are the walls in new builds not made out of rice paper? :lol:

On my 2nd one and and the last one was great as well.

The soundproofing and insulation is superb. Thick concrete between floors also helps. Heating bills are minimal compared to those in older properties.

Idiots peddle shit about new builds, don't believe it. New build apartments are everything that old ones aren't.

Just got the full story from the street curtain twitcher. Predictably, all to do with drugs. The guys brother gave the arsehole ?100 of cocaine to sell on, arsehole then cut it & sold double. Guys brother then getting hassle for punting shit Ching.

This is all going on next door to me.

Apparently though the lad took a right kicking. In intensive care with bleeding in the brain & spinal injuries.

Ferry Road Drive by chance? :lol:

I was in ferry road Grove before I moved to Lewis. A guy in the block across the road from us didn't like taking his bin bags to the road, it was easier to just dump them against the block at the side. Then every 3 or 4 months he would torch the lot.

The woman and her daughter below me were a nightmare, music blaring all night, t hen if we had the music on she would be up thumping the door. 1 time, the Mrs had a pal staying with us for a few weeks with her 3 year old daughter.whenever she was crying, she would be up. The Mrs would always go to the door and not let go. However, when she was visiting her folks up here, I came home pissed after the new years derby in 97, we won 4 0 at Easter Road. I was playing the hearts song rater loud, still only 2100 though, and she came marching up and started thumping the door. She got a fright when I opened the door and started telling her where to go. She never bothered us again after that, but the brake cable on my push bike had been cut.

Assuming the attacker will be residing at Her Majesty's pleasure, over the festive period?

Apparently not. The boy is too scared to phone the police as this all started with him selling drugs.

My 90 year old neighbour sometimes doesn't bring my wheelie bin back round when I'm at work. The prick!

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

My 90 year old neighbour sometimes doesn't bring my wheelie bin back round when I'm at work. The prick!

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

My 87 year old neighbour has been leaving her milk out on the step for me for 5 weeks now. Lovely old lady she is.

My 87 year old neighbour has been leaving her milk out on the step for me for 5 weeks now. Lovely old lady she is.

cruel but :gok:

J.T.F.Robertson

Upstairs neighbours were hoovering at 4am this morning.4am FFS

What the hell is wrong with people?

Cleanliness is next to Godliness. (it's as close as I'll ever get)

Do you know if she insulates her front door by not collecting the mail?

Do you know if she insulates her front door by not collecting the mail?

Naw, she's got one of them snake things. I think she's in debt and scared to open her mail as it's just piling up. She's so scared to open the door she even ignored the guisers.

Edited by IronJambo