'Offside' goal

Mikey1874

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nothing definite about it fella.  Very, very close.  Rangers had a player at the near post only about a yard or two off the bye line when CP hit his shot so it seems very unlikely Cowie was offside.

People laughed at Warburton for coming out against such an obvious decision against them in the last game.  But basically he's saying to the SFA and their goons, "remember we're Rangers when these decisions come along".  It works and OF managers have been doing it for generations.

Happy to be proved wrong but if it is off, then we're talking a gnats willy, so benefit should've been the attacker's.

Yeah

Relying on people who have seen it on tv

From the replay it does look like Cowie runs by the post then you see him looking along the line, looks like he then move back into an onside position before putting it away. However it is almost impossible to tell for the camera angles.

Probably have to wait for it on ssn or sportsscene tomorrow.

Rudolf's Mate

On Sevco replays it looked like he was left standing off after their defenders stepped out. The camera angle wasn't great and there could have been a player out of view however those in camera view, it looked definitely off.

The angles on Rangers TV made it hard to tell. I thought Wallace played Cowie on but can't say. The Beeb will clear it up.

Loved the way the "commentator said "Rangers had one disallowed at Tynecastle. These things even themselves out over a season"

Do they aye?

Lucille's Thirsty

we were playing Rangers at Ibrox,50/50 will always go their way because of the incompetence of the referees.

The replay on Rangers TV didn't really clear things up so hard to tell.

Didn't stop the 'commentator' confirming it definitely was offside.

Didn't stop the 'commentator' confirming it definitely was offside.

No it didn't. I didn't think he was in the least bit biased either.

Cathro's Laptop

Got a text from a bluenose mate after the game saying he was in line with it and he thought it was onside. We were never getting a 50/50 call like that in Glasgow though.

I was inline wkth it and though it was a good bit offise to be honest

I take it you were in the The Rangers end of the ground if you were in line to make a judgement call.

I was inline wkth it and though it was a good bit offise to be honest

In Glasgow tonight mate. Could do with a hook up. PM me please.

Odd that it involved the linesman debated last night in the Bears Den thread

Thank **** someone else is paying attention.

Andy effin Davis II.

And as for Beaton, he was about 5 Yards away from Walker. He must be in the same lodge, too.

End of the day, we were shit.

It's really touch and go. Tried to pause it as Callum hit his "shot" and it really is impossible to tell for sure from behind the goal angle. Rangers TV never showed a replay from their main, original angle which would have given a much clearer indication. Could there be something in that???

I take it you were in the The Rangers end of the ground if you were in line to make a judgement call.

Unfortunatly, yes. Stay through in glasgow so one of my pals hooked me up with a ticket as im not a PHM and didnt have enough loyalty points.

I wish i could say i was drunk when i posted that last message, but i wasnt! Have never got the hang of the samsung keyboard on my phone. Its worse when your rushing to post!

Although its possible, looking at the picture just posted that the keeper was obstructing my view of thier player at the near post.

Barstewards, he's totally onside:

c7c994cbf5.png

No Hearts players interfering with play in the picture which confirms to me SFA incompetence at least. Two decisions in the game that could have altered the final outcome, goals stands and Walker fouled outside the box given. Tragically Madden et al spoiled the day again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He's onside (though the Rangers boy moves quick and makes it seem like he's offside):

c7c994cbf5.png

c7d5d14fcf.png

Quite conclusively onside then. Would have changed the whole game.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

He's onside (though the Rangers boy moves quick and makes it seem like he's offside):

c7c994cbf5.png

c7d5d14fcf.png

Yep looks on, don't know if anyone agrees but i tend to find my first thought on offside/onside is usually correct, even if you're not in line i tend to just be able to tell instantly, probably not 100% of the time like but usually my initial feeling on it tends to be right, i didn't think Cowie was offside initially, thought we'd been done there.

Lucille's Thirsty

c7c994cbf5.png

c7d5d14fcf.png

:rofl:

Surprise! Surprise!

I bet if that was a Rangers boot on the end of that the linesman wouldn't have noticed that,utter reprobate,could've been a good result but Rangers played better so deserved to win sadly.

c7c994cbf5.png

c7d5d14fcf.png

Thank you. That was the angle I was referring to which the Rangers TV director/editor never showed a replay of. Shock!!!

Cathro's Laptop

No Hearts players interfering with play in the picture which confirms to me SFA incompetence at least. Two decisions in the game that could have altered the final outcome, goals stands and Walker fouled outside the box given. Tragically Madden et al spoiled the day again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Madden?

Here's a question. When Cheaton consulted the linesman, what was the discussion about? Could not have been whether Cowie was interfering, seeing as he kicked the ball into the net so he was either offside or he wasn't.

Surely didn't give offside against Djoum, although nothing would surprise me at that horrid place.

Never offside. Hearts were just starting to come into the game at that point after a shaky start and that "goal" would have taken the wind right out of Sevco's sails. 

If we had went 1-0 up that would have been massive, we played poorly and deserved to lose on balance of play but go 1-0 up at that stage and it's a totally different game.

If we had went 1-0 up that would have been massive, we played poorly and deserved to lose on balance of play but go 1-0 up at that stage and it's a totally different game.

Agree. Changes the game.

Cathro's Laptop

http://boards.footymad.net/showthread.php?t=37926550

Massive rangers fan as referee and linesman how disallowed goal is also a rangers man. No chance in this country with the corrupt sfa. Every referee should have to declare which club they support like in England

Difficult when 80% of the country supports one of the Old Firm.

The pictures show onside.. however for the linesman it is a super difficult call, he doesn't have the pictures, though I thought the SFA directives were that in difficult decisions the advantage was supposed to go with the attacking team.

Massive rangers fan as referee and linesman how disallowed goal is also a rangers man. No chance in this country with the corrupt sfa. Every referee should have to declare which club they support like in England

Incredibly disheartening to read. How are we supposed to have a fair kick at the ball when the games rigged from the start?

Difficult when 80% of the country supports one of the Old Firm.

Yet another reason why we need to push for foreign referee's.

Ultimately it doesn't matter if its true or not, the fact is the allegation exists and if John Beaton was Norwegian or Icelandic this wouldn't even be being discussed. Its about time we went for foreign referees.Time after time the OF are given an unfair advantage due to the fear or outright bias of the officials. Craig, Ann and the Foundation can build whatever they like but if we're not allowed to compete legitimately for the title whats the point? (No I'm not suggesting that was possible this season, but going forward) 

I want to know why the concept of foreign referee's hasn't been discussed before? Is it a fear of admitting our officials are incompetent? Because they are. To delude ourselves that they're anything else is daft.

Beaton and his assistants join a long list of biased Scottish officials. Brines, Davis etc. 

I don't even know why i'm bothered. It happens all the time.

I agree that refs should declare, however the reality is that most refs are actually harder on the team they supports (some exceptions) (A good example, Dundee 1986, ref was a Hearts supporter, we never got a key penalty decision)

Reality that was a tough call today, hard to blame the officials.

I agree that refs should declare, however the reality is that most refs are actually harder on the team they supports (some exceptions) (A good example, Dundee 1986, ref was a Hearts supporter, we never got a key penalty decision)

Reality that was a tough call today, hard to blame the officials.

Unfortunately this mindset that it was a tough call is the reason they get brushed under the carpet. If they can't do the job they are paid then why are they still refereeing at this level. If we made this many mistakes during the week at work we would be fired. SFA needs a massive shake up to make our game competitive

Archived