For everyone saying Frail is awful...

Dr. Bapswent

Try thinking for a second, and changing your posts from

Get Frail out he is terrible!!

to

We need a manager, Frail just isnt good enough.

There is a huge difference.

Frail didnt ask for the jobm he got it through circumstance.

He is doing the best he can, he just doesnt have the ability.

Its not his fault he is being asked to do a job he isnt qualified to do.

He is trying his Heart out to do what is best for the club.

He cant do that if he isnt at the club.

and more importantly

Right now, Hearts would simply be worse of without him there.

...think about it....he might not be good, but his intentions are correct.

There is no need to slaughter him, but rather, feel sorry for the guy and urge a decent manager in....not throw one of the only people at the club who cares about whats going on out!

Guest JamboRobbo

to

and more importantly

There is no need to slaughter him, but rather, feel sorry for the guy and urge a decent manager in....not throw one of the only people at the club who cares about whats going on out!

No room for sentiment in football IMO.

He's shown himself to be not up to the task. He should be emptied, no matter how hard he tries, or how nice a guy he is, or how good his intentions are.

to

and more importantly

spot on!

Nelly Terraces

I hear what you're saying.

My only retrort is: GTF Frail you haven't a clue. Get back to being a holiday rep with McPherson travel.

Blokes a wage thief and a liar.

I feel sorry for Shaggy. I really do as he has worked with two years with both hands tied behind his back.

A my old man used to say, you can only pish with the ****** you've got.

The players need to take a long hard look at themselves.

He's shown himself to be not up to the task. He should be emptied' date=' no matter how hard he tries, or how nice a guy he is, or how good his intentions are.[/quote']

I think you're missing the Doc's point.

Emptying him would leave is where and with who?

I hear what you're saying.

My only retrort is: GTF Frail you haven't a clue. Get back to being a holiday rep with McPherson travel.

Blokes a wage thief and a liar.

Aye, well done.

Thig Ar Latha

to

and more importantly

Good post. He was a successful Youth Team Coach until recently. He needs experience and the proper qualifications before being thrust into his current job.

Good Luck Stevie.

Guest JamboRobbo
I think you're missing the Doc's point.

Emptying him would leave is where and with who?

Does it really matter? There is little point keeping someone who clearly ain't up to the task.

At least emptying him would force us to bring someone else in. Keeping Frail on as gaffer is clearly not an option.

If they want to stick him back to the under 19's and risk him ruining the kids, so be it. I think we'd be better emptying him right now, and getting in someone who knows what he's doing.

Would certainly never hound the man given the circumstances he's in. However a blind man could surely see the weaknesses in our 11 last night and it worries me about the general standard of our backroom staff !

Does it really matter? There is little point keeping someone who clearly ain't up to the task.

At least emptying him would force us to bring someone else in. Keeping Frail on as gaffer is clearly not an option.

If they want to stick him back to the under 19's and risk him ruining the kids, so be it. I think we'd be better emptying him right now, and getting in someone who knows what he's doing.

I keep hearing how he is a coach.

What signs on the pitch or in players individual skills are there to say that he is a good coach. On the basis of the games he's had since New Year I'd say he is a terrible manager. Haven't seen any signs to say he is a good coach either.

But we are being told we are trying to get someone in, are we not?

We have been told Shaggy is only the caretaker manager.

Say you get your wish and Shaggy get's emptied now - who then picks the team on a Saturday?

Do you want VR to get involved again?

The Mighty Thor

We need a manager. Frail is clearly not up to the task.

What will happen?

Romanov will appoint him for the remainder of the season becuase he maintains the status quo of the Romanov set up.

We're still playing a Romanov team, with the Romanov tactics and Romanov has the managers ear.

We're donald ducked.

to

and more importantly

Spot on, the man is doing his best, can not be held responseable for poor refs decisons as well !

Guest JamboRobbo
But we are being told we are trying to get someone in, are we not?

We have been told Shaggy is only the caretaker manager.

Say you get your wish and Shaggy get's emptied now - who then picks the team on a Saturday?

Do you want VR to get involved again?

I don't think it really matters who picks the team on Saturday to be honest. Frail, Vlad, Amatoly, whoever.

What matters is getting in someone who is capable of sorting out the mess we are in.

Clearly, Frail is not.

So, until we get a qualified manager, assuming we don't have one lined up already, who would you have? Korobochka? Vlad? Until a new, qualified and competent, manager comes in, Frail is the best we've got. Don't forget, until last night's result, many on here were calling for him to be given the job full time (I wasn't one of them, in case you're wondering). Since he took over, the spirit within the team has improved out of all recognition. He said himself it would take time to get it right and last night proved it. On the plus side of last night, if Vlad was thinking about taking a chance on Frail, he must now see that he is not the answer. Why, instead of all the usual (and boring) kneejerk reactions to a defeat, do we not get behind him and give him some encouragement.

Oh, and NT, having read your posts today, I now know why I kept you on my ignore list on the old board!! Grow up!!

You think? He's in an impossible position. I'm sure Frail knows he isn't ready to be a manager yet. Don't know if Vlad does though. I can't see a manager being appointed until the summer (if at all), so it's either Frail or, erm...

Guest JamboRobbo
You think? He's in an impossible position. I'm sure Frail knows he isn't ready to be a manager yet. Don't know if Vlad does though. I can't see a manager being appointed until the summer (if at all), so it's either Frail or, erm...

in that case, I'll have this "erm..." chappie please. :)

in that case, I'll have this "erm..." chappie please. :)

Be careful what you wish for Robbo. That wish could be Malofeev from what I'm hearing.

Guest JamboRobbo
So, until we get a qualified manager, assuming we don't have one lined up already, who would you have? Korobochka? Vlad? Until a new, qualified and competent, manager comes in, Frail is the best we've got. Don't forget, until last night's result, many on here were calling for him to be given the job full time (I wasn't one of them, in case you're wondering). Since he took over, the spirit within the team has improved out of all recognition. He said himself it would take time to get it right and last night proved it. On the plus side of last night, if Vlad was thinking about taking a chance on Frail, he must now see that he is not the answer. Why, instead of all the usual (and boring) kneejerk reactions to a defeat, do we not get behind him and give him some encouragement.

Because he has exhibited utter incompetence, and IMO done enough to show he is not up to the task.

Much as I wish he was, as he seems a commited hearts man etc etc, it's clear he's not up to the task at hand.

Whether the committe has been disbanded in reality or not, Frail is still currently Romanovs emmisary in Gorgie. VR bought himself a small amount of time and relative goodwill by metaphorically stopping the clock of doom at 23:59PM a few weeks ago and announcing on the website that "the search begins".

At full time last night the clock was restarted and the second hand is now counting down on the last 60 seconds of Hearts fans patience with the current situation...

I don't see much point in booing or abusing an absentee landlord who's not here to hear it. But I would earnestly suggest that we are a couple of weeks away from Frail seriously getting it in the neck at 120db's volume from many of us. Thats by way of judgement on his abilities - and by way of final reminder to VR that time is up on his new manager gambit.

The Gretna game will be the one where armageddon could start to rain down upon Frail and VR's heads. And rightly so based on the current situation.

Guest JamboRobbo
Be careful what you wish for Robbo. That wish could be Malofeev from what I'm hearing.

Wouldn't surprise me one little bit.

I don't think it really matters who picks the team on Saturday to be honest. Frail, Vlad, Amatoly, whoever.

What matters is getting in someone who is capable of sorting out the mess we are in.

Clearly, Frail is not.

JR, having read your rebuff of Frial in many posts, I can only come 1 conclusion.

We are not disagreeing totally, as no-one has ever said SF SHOULD be the manager.

I think the only difference is you are maybe suggesting SF being in the current postiion is holding up getting a manger in?

Well, I dont agree with this, as we have been told that the search for a manager is on, even with SF in the caretaker role.

If that is lies, then that is Vlads fault, not SF.

I dont see how leaving the club, leaving it in the hands of others, who dont care as much as he does, who dont see the club in the same we he...and us...see the club, would be a good idea?

If SF has been earmarked for the job, again...thats not his fault, its Vlads.

If he has been told he is getting the job...and has chosen to accept, not say no...then good for him...he obviously thinks he will give it his best shot. He may just not be good enough, but he wants to give it a shot.

But this is the only circumstance that i would agrue SF judgement is incorrect, and its only speculation!

So really, there is little difference in our points, only that you seem to be calling for SF head and im not really sure why?

Psersonally, i think Frail should revert to being a coach at Hearts.

Going on what he has managed thus far, he would appear to be fairly inept in tactical decisions and choice of suitable players in certain roles.

Last night's first half set-up and performance made me shudder. The warning signs were their from the Hibs game and yet he tried to persevere with them.

Getting rid of him entirely would be overly hasty. He has a role to play at the club and is very popular with players and staff alike.

He is NOT manager material just now though.

Hearts need somebody strong and reliable just now.

...We are not disagreeing totally, as no-one has ever said SF SHOULD be the manager.

I think the only difference is you are maybe suggesting SF being in the current postiion is holding up getting a manger in?

Well, I dont agree with this, as we have been told that the search for a manager is on, even with SF in the caretaker role.

I dont see how leaving the club, leaving it in the hands of others, who dont care as much as he does, who dont see the club in the same we he...and us...see the club, would be a good idea?

If he has been told he is getting the job...and has chosen to accept, not say no...then good for him...he obviously thinks he will give it his best shot. He may just not be good enough, but he wants to give it a shot.

But this is the only circumstance that i would agrue SF judgement is incorrect, and its only speculation!...

Exactly.

Guest JamboRobbo
JR, having read your rebuff of Frial in many posts, I can only come 1 conclusion.

We are not disagreeing totally, as no-one has ever said SF SHOULD be the manager.

But this is the only circumstance that i would agrue SF judgement is incorrect, and its only speculation!

So really, there is little difference in our points, only that you seem to be calling for SF head and im not really sure why?

I guess the difference is that I don't even think Frail is up to the task on a caretaker basis. I see no point in continuing with him in charge for even a second longer.

Psersonally, i think Frail should revert to being a coach at Hearts.

Going on what he has managed thus far, he would appear to be fairly inept in tactical decisions and choice of suitable players in certain roles.

Last night's first half set-up and performance made me shudder. The warning signs were their from the Hibs game and yet he tried to persevere with them.

Getting rid of him entirely would be overly hasty. He has a role to play at the club and is very popular with players and staff alike.

He is NOT manager material just now though.

Hearts need somebody strong and reliable just now.

Agree that his abilities are limited.

Let him make the tea and josh with the youngsters. Seems he might be good at that.

I guess the difference is that I don't even think Frail is up to the task on a caretaker basis. I see no point in continuing with him in charge for even a second longer.

Ok, but why the hurry to remove him, until we have a new manager (as we have been told we ae looking irrespective of SF being in charge on a caretaker basis), i dont see how having him go makes the club any better. I could only invisige things being worse for a time.

Guest JamboRobbo
Ok, but why the hurry to remove him, until we have a new manager (as we have been told we ae looking irrespective of SF being in charge on a caretaker basis), i dont see how having him go makes the club any better. I could only invisige things being worse for a time.

My only hurry is to get the new guy in. Which pretty much means Frail moving to accomodate him.

Agree with your point that there is little point getting rid before we have the new guy available.

But at the same time, my point is it appears Frail has nothing to contribute. So if he went right now, I don't think it'd make much difference. I don't think we'd be losing any sort of contribuation to the cause.

Frail is all we have so we should back him.

The fans that said no decent manager would touch the Hearts job might be right. :(

My only hurry is to get the new guy in. Which pretty much means Frail moving to accomodate him.

Agree with your point that there is little point getting rid before we have the new guy available.

But at the same time, my point is it appears Frail has nothing to contribute. So if he went right now, I don't think it'd make much difference. I don't think we'd be losing any sort of contribuation to the cause.

I think thats fine, i just think SF has always said he would be a coach, and that Vlad has more (if not the only) say in getting a head coach. SFs current postion is almost immaterial.

we may not agree on SF having any sort of contribution though. i think he is at least a connection between the faceless/ruthless managers and the players who's performance can hinge on being 'in the mood' or not.

What signs on the pitch or in players individual skills are there to say that he is a good coach. On the basis of the games he's had since New Year I'd say he is a terrible manager. Haven't seen any signs to say he is a good coach either.

He HAS raised the spirits of the team since he was given control of training/team selection - I think that this is clear to see and the players themselves have stated that training sessions are sharper, more relevant and more enjoyable than they had been previously.

I think it should be borne in mind that he has really only had control for 5 games or so and he was given control when Hearts were at their lowest ebb for years. I didn't expect him to turn things round overnight - I think people may have been expecting too much from him.

He's admitted himself that he's not a manager - he's not qualified for the job he's doing - and that he doesn't see himself doing the job long term. He's only their until Vlad (finallly!) appoints a manager and if we actually want to see any improvement until that time, we have no option but to get behind him.

Appointing a manager should be a long process if its done correctly (and not if we jump in for the first numpty who's available - a la Rix, Valdas) and the club have said they're undertaking this process. If fans try to force the club's hand then we might just end up with another 'quick fix' who'll be out of the job by the summer after doing more harm than good.

As such, I wholeheartedly agree with poster #1. Patience please!

Frail must go! The problem with him being Mr Nice Guy is the slackers and wasters are more likely to take advantage of him.

What we need is a no nonsense manager who will come in and immediately cancel the contracts of the wasters and will physically batter anyone who isn't pulling their weight. The nicey nicey approach isn't working.

Frail must go! The problem with him being Mr Nice Guy is the slackers and wasters are more likely to take advantage of him.

What we need is a no nonsense manager who will come in and immediately cancel the contracts of the wasters and will physically batter anyone who isn't pulling their weight. The nicey nicey approach isn't working.

We can't always get what we want.

He's shown himself to be not up to the task. He should be emptied, no matter how hard he tries, or how nice a guy he is, or how good his intentions are.

Have to agree with you, he does not look up to the task. :mad:

And whilst we are at it we should be emptying the majority of the players.

He HAS raised the spirits of the team since he was given control of training/team selection - I think that this is clear to see and the players themselves have stated that training sessions are sharper, more relevant and more enjoyable than they had been previously.

I think it should be borne in mind that he has really only had control for 5 games or so and he was given control when Hearts were at their lowest ebb for years. I didn't expect him to turn things round overnight - I think people may have been expecting too much from him.

He's admitted himself that he's not a manager - he's not qualified for the job he's doing - and that he doesn't see himself doing the job long term. He's only their until Vlad (finallly!) appoints a manager and if we actually want to see any improvement until that time, we have no option but to get behind him.

Appointing a manager should be a long process if its done correctly (and not if we jump in for the first numpty who's available - a la Rix, Valdas) and the club have said they're undertaking this process. If fans try to force the club's hand then we might just end up with another 'quick fix' who'll be out of the job by the summer after doing more harm than good.

Small iceberg reported off starboard bow... :ninja:

Have to agree with you, he does not look up to the task. :mad:

And whilst we are at it we should be emptying the majority of the players.

Come on Gambo, surely there's some positive spin you can put on being 10th in the league? :rolleyes:

to

and more importantly

The most sensible, reasoned post I've read all day!

The problems do not lie at Frail's door! In fact without him being there over these last few months It scares me to think how much worse our situation could be.

He cares a great deal about the club, he is doing his best! He shouldn't be slaughtered for doing that.

Here's a question:

Does Frail have the power to send players back to Kaunas?

Buffalo Bill

From http://edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/Undone-by-Hurly-Burley-at.3700925.jp

"We're just disappointed we're out of it now but we have a massive game on Saturday against Aberdeen. We need to try and keep up this reasonable form of two league draws and a win."

Eh ? Maybe in your head Stepen, but not in reality FFS !

The only stat that you should be focusing on is 1 SPL win in 14 attempts. :mad:

Exactly!

Frail has never suggested for one second that he should be taking the manager's job. If questioned, he's always very quick to point out that he's inexperienced and still learning the ropes. He shouldn't have been left in this position but he was, and he has given it everything he can, which is surely all that we can ask of him. His abilities would never have come under the microscope without Vlad having made a total balls up of hiring the right management, he would still be working away with youth/reserves and learning his trade. All considering, I don't think he's really done a bad job at all.

As WK said, his hands are well and truly tied. He's doing what he can and he shouldn't have to read spiteful nonsense on here about being spineless, weak or otherwise. He's not the one to blame, but he's a sitting duck at the moment.

Frail shouldn't get the job (and I sincerely hope that he doesn't want the bloody thing for his own sake) but nor should he be judged on what we've assumed to be his own team/tactical decisions over the last few weeks. We don't know what's going on behind closed doors and these circumstances are fairly unique in their weirdness. He should be left to get on with what he was meant to be doing in the first place, acting as an assistant coach and gaining experience.

I feel sorry for Shaggy. I really do as he has worked with two years with both hands tied behind his back.

A my old man used to say, you can only pish with the ****** you've got.

The players need to take a long hard look at themselves.

exactly.....most would have agreed with the side he had at his disposal yesterday and probably with his substitution.....but the players were rank rotten and even alex Ferguson couldnae make a silk purse oot a sows ear ...;)

Where are the signs that he is a bad coach? is it the majority of the players stating in the press how training has improved after frail has been given a free reign, players looking forward to go to training, training with a smile on their faces and confidence high. sure he is not a manager but how can you state hes not a good coach.....behave

to

and more importantly

Frail is utter pigswill of a coach. The team are unfir play negative hoofball and theres no tema spirit

Frail is utter pigswill of a coach. The team are unfir play negative hoofball and theres no tema spirit

you weren't at the derby last sat then? or if u were you mustn't of stayed till the end.....no team spirit??

Where are the signs that he is a bad coach? is it the majority of the players stating in the press how training has improved after frail has been given a free reign, players looking forward to go to training, training with a smile on their faces and confidence high. sure he is not a manager but how can you state hes not a good coach.....behave

Set pieces, individual skills, fitness etc. I'm sure that the players think he's great fun and all the rest of it. I haven't seen any sign of him improving any players.

Set pieces, individual skills, fitness etc. I'm sure that the players think he's great fun and all the rest of it. I haven't seen any sign of him improving any players.

If reports are true, he's had the grand total of about three weeks in which to implement his own way of doing things. I'm not suggesting that given any more time that these improvements would be obvious, I just don't think this is a fair argument.

Set Peices - Since Frail has been in charge:

Dundee United, Stewart corner, Zaliukas flick on, Berra goal.

Kilmarnock, Cesnauskis corner, Berra header onto Velicka goal.

Motherwell, Goncalves free kick, Stewart flick on, Velicka goal.

Hibernian, Driver corner, Berra header onto Velicka goal.

So 4 goals of 5 we have scored under Frail have come from set pieces.

Individual Skills? You either have it or you dont, That kind of thing has to be taught from a young age, look at the difference between Beckham and Ronaldo at Man United, both contribute(d) a hell of a lot of goals, one is from 40, 50 yard passes the other is from amazing pieces of individual brilliance.

As for fitness, have a go at out fitness coaches that we have......

Archived