Even More SNP Nonsense

Stuart Lyon

Wikipedia bans The Daily Mail as a source of reference.

That's a quite a few posters on here snookered. :rofl:

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/technology/2017/feb/08/wikipedia-bans-daily-mail-as-unreliable-source-for-website?client=safari

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Pot calling Kettle Black here.

It's not like Wikipedia is a bastion of the truth either.

• Replies 11.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Space Mackerel

• deesidejambo

• Pans Jambo

• JamboX2

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Will it? That's not a nailed on cert regards the Euro etc. It may be highly likely, perhaps that would become apparent in the campaign.

As an aside, I'd want an Indy Scotland to hold a referendum on EU membership after indy.

Yes it will. Tolerant EU nation v Closed UK.

You wont get that vote imo.

Wikipedia bans The Daily Mail as a source of reference.

That's a quite a few posters on here snookered. :rofl:

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/technology/2017/feb/08/wikipedia-bans-daily-mail-as-unreliable-source-for-website?client=safari

the only person that quotes from the mail is YOU,  and any other source, rather than have an answer of your own

Pot calling Kettle Black here.

It's not like Wikipedia is a bastion of the truth either.

Not really.  Most wikipedia entries are backed by references so original source material can be found to support the statement on wikipedia.

The fact that Wikipedia are saying that the Daily Mail is an unreliable source to use to back up claims is major!

Space Mackerel

the only person that quotes from the mail is YOU, and any other source, rather than have an answer of your own

That's odd, I've never bought the rag and I only go their site for sh*** n giggles.

May was just asked whether she would grant the SNP permission to hold indyref2.

I took it from her response that it will be an emphatic GTF, if Sturgeon asks.

She said that the Scottish people voted to stay part of the UK and that the SNP had said that the vote was a once in a generation decision, and that is the end of the matter.

The SNP drones will be spitting fire at this news.

jambos are go!

I don't have to explain anything.

Westminster has the ultimate power. What are you all going to do if May says no to Indy 2? A load of halfwits will jump about in the streets with their flags then all go home.

As the brilliant but seriously flawed Enoch Powell once said. Power devolved is power retained. Edited by jambos are go!

Space Mackerel

May was just asked whether she would grant the SNP permission to hold indyref2.

I took it from her response that it will be an emphatic GTF, if Sturgeon asks.

She said that the Scottish people voted to stay part of the UK and that the SNP had said that the vote was a once in a generation decision, and that is the end of the matter.

The SNP drones will be spitting fire at this news.

That'll be the pro Indy vote up another few percentage points at least. Most pleasing.

The UK government needs to hammer home just how ludicrous the SNP position is on Brexit. How could any self respecting national movement want to leave a democratically elected UK for a bit part in an unelected power base in Brussels. And please don't tell me that MEP's have any real power, President Merkel and the Commission hold the power.

Space Mackerel

The UK government needs to hammer home just how ludicrous the SNP position is on Brexit. How could any self respecting national movement want to leave a democratically elected UK for a bit part in an unelected power base in Brussels. And please don't tell me that MEP's have any real power, President Merkel and the Commission hold the power.

Remind us all when Maggie May got elected?

The UK government needs to hammer home just how ludicrous the SNP position is on Brexit. How could any self respecting national movement want to leave a democratically elected UK for a bit part in an unelected power base in Brussels. And please don't tell me that MEP's have any real power, President Merkel and the Commission hold the power.

Except it isn't, is it?

Nucky Thompson

The SNP are here to stay, my advice to you is get over it.

As for the song they were winding up the Tories that was all.  

Why were they singing a European song to wind up the Tories? The Tories like every other party were split between remain and leave.

The Tory government is only delivering the will of the British people

Why were they singing a European song to wind up the Tories? The Tories like every other party were split between remain and leave.

Perhaps everything should be decided by referenda then?

Edited by Boris

HaymarketJambo

It's no big deal, or is it you just hate the SNP?

That'll be the pro Indy vote up another few percentage points at least. Most pleasing.

Time for UDI then?

I know I'm going back a few pages with this but I really don't understand why No voters would vote SNP in a GE. It makes absolutely no sense to me whatsoever given that we are told that No voters are the clever ones. Everyone knows that the SNP are a single policy party and that single policy is independence for Scotland so it cannot, in any way, be construed as clever to vote No to independence then vote for a party, in a GE, whose sole existence is to gain independence.

Seems to me that these No voters have their heads screwed on backwards or we have been duped somewhere along the line.

I know I'm going back a few pages with this but I really don't understand why No voters would vote SNP in a GE. It makes absolutely no sense to me whatsoever given that we are told that No voters are the clever ones. Everyone knows that the SNP are a single policy party and that single policy is independence for Scotland so it cannot, in any way, be construed as clever to vote No to independence then vote for a party, in a GE, whose sole existence is to gain independence.

Seems to me that these No voters have their heads screwed on backwards or we have been duped somewhere along the line.

Alternatively you don't understand

It's perfectly sensible to vote for an SNP candidate to represent your constituency in Westminster if the candidate is appropriate

I have voted SNP before simply because I thought that John Swinney had a safe pair of hands to run the economy in Scotland. I also know that many in the business community respected him regardless of party. for the record I voted a huge No in the Scottish referendum. 

It's perfectly sensible to vote for an SNP candidate to represent your constituency in Westminster if the candidate is appropriate

Yet that candidate stood on a single policy of Independence for Scotland, as does every SNP candidate. It's what they are, you cannot argue it any other way.

I have voted SNP before simply because I thought that John Swinney had a safe pair of hands to run the economy in Scotland. I also know that many in the business community respected him regardless of party. for the record I voted a huge No in the Scottish referendum. 

That's not a General Election.

Remind us all when Maggie May got elected?

Remind me when we last voted for someone specific to be prime minister at a Westminster General Election?  The majority party decide who is PM and can change it mid term if they want to with another MP.  That is the way it has always worked.

This is true and I?m sure there are a few people who will have voted that way, however as the SNP are largely seen as a single issue party I suspect their support in the last elections largely comes from voters either in the 'Yes' or 'Undecided' camps (I would be surprised if many from the 'No' camp would vote in favour of SNP at the moment - and those who did would most likely have been either have been a protest vote, a tactical vote or because the SNP MP has served them well in the past.

Turnout/ voter apathy at elections is probably a bigger factor in the SNPs election success compared to the referendum (2.3 million at the last Scottish election, 2.9 in the last general election &  3.6 million in the independence referendum).

The SNP will have further benefitted in the elections as any voter who has independence as their top issue will almost certainly vote SNP, where anyone in the ?No? camp still has a wider choice of Pro-Unionist parties to choose from  - although the Con's seemed to have been the main beneficiaries in the last Scottish election.

jack D and coke

Remind me when we last voted for someone specific to be prime minister at a Westminster General Election? The majority party decide who is PM and can change it mid term if they want to with another MP. That is the way it has always worked.

So you don't think for example Jeremy Corbyn puts people off voting labour?

Nucky Thompson

It's no big deal, or is it you just hate the SNP?

It's more embarrassment than hate. I'm embarrassed that they claim to represent Scotland

Thunderstruck

So! after all that Googling and following Tory Twitter accounts, you've come to the conclusion Scotland isn't energy self sufficient, never has been, and, never will be?

Project Fear 2 kicking off.

After me doing you a favour and pointing you to MacKay's book which has pictures as well as words. That's gratitude for you.

Reading seems not to be one of your strong suits. Can we add that to poor numeracy as one of your deficiencies.

So you don't think for example Jeremy Corbyn puts people off voting labour?

Probably does but the likes of Red Ed didn't attract Labour voters with Tory-lite policies.

Cracking standard of debate from both sides here chaps :lol:

Has anybody actually put a point across that has changed someone's mind on the other side of the argument?

Cracking standard of debate from both sides here chaps :lol:

Has anybody actually put a point across that has changed someone's mind on the other side of the argument?

Or at any other time, anywhere in the last two and a half years on this topic? The country is utterly divided and I think broken beyond repair tbh.

After me doing you a favour and pointing you to MacKay's book which has pictures as well as words. That's gratitude for you.

Reading seems not to be one of your strong suits. Can we add that to poor numeracy as one of your deficiencies.

You do realise that the UK imports 60% of its fuel?

How this can be turned into an independent Scotlands problem alone doesnt make sense.

Comparatively Svotland would be more self sufficient if independent.

Energy supply will become a problem for all advanced nations.

Or at any other time, anywhere in the last two and a half years on this topic? The country is utterly divided and I think broken beyond repair tbh.

The difference between a debate on here and a pub for example is the anonymity of it.

We all have mates with differing viewpoints and on occasion you will take those onboard. Doesn't seem to be the case on here.

I will point out at this point im not going to put my views on here as I now live south of the border through choice. Which makes my views redundant.

Probably does but the likes of Red Ed didn't attract Labour voters with Tory-lite policies.

You mean the policies of Ed described by Tories as a return to the 1970s and a far left? Which they've adopted in a shift left on the economy to appeal to Northern seats?

Geoff the Mince

Is that the fishing Wm sold to Europe and are keeping when returned.

Anyway I just watched Roots, oh it makes you so proud yo be fae Bruteland , I mean Britland, I mean British, sorry English.

My name will never be Toby.

Tick tock

And more Self Loathing .

Geoff the Mince

The SNP are here to stay, my advice to you is get over it.

As for the song they were winding up the Tories that was all.

They might be here to stay but they're a hopeless bunch of inadequate losers .

Yeah well that was my point. Frank was saying you don't vote for a PM you vote for a party. I disagree.

He is right that, it's not presidential. But the leader sets the tone. Personally, after 2015 I'd do away with leadership debates. Utter mince meat which adds nothing to it.

Space Mackerel

They might be here to stay but they're a hopeless bunch of inadequate losers .

Let's all be honest, the Tories are in power for the next term, the term after that and more than likely the term following.

I was unlucky enough to live through the Thatcher years, I had my milk snatched at school and look what happened to the Independence movement during these years. We ended up with 70 odd percent in favour of devolution.

Scotland will be independent fairly soon, my guess is within 10 years at the very very most.

Losers, naw.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

So! after all that Googling and following Tory Twitter accounts, you've come to the conclusion Scotland isn't energy self sufficient, never has been, and, never will be?

Project Fear 2 kicking off.

Scotland is a net exporter of energy.

And if independent could for example borrow to improve or encourage private finance to build our energy infrastructure.

It is predicted that we will have to import otherwise.

There is huge potential for greener fuels but nuclear power is needed.

It may actually be the cleanest option.

Space Mackerel

And if independent could for example borrow to improve or encourage private finance to build our energy infrastructure.

What? There was a day recently when Scotland powered itself off renewables alone!

One thing we will never be short off is energy up here.

No. We will be back to hanging.

I was being facetious...

If you haven't already, take the time to watch the Peter Cook film The Rise and Rise of Michael Rimmer. It's on YouTube. Very pertinent.

Space Mackerel

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/02/09/cleverest-scottish-pupils-year-behind-science-compared-snp-taking/

If you want proof it isn't all roses in Scotland then education is absolutely front and centre. Utterly dropped the ball on this.

The Telegraph [emoji849]

2 up from The Daily Mail with The Express sandwiched between.

It's more embarrassment than hate. I'm embarrassed that they claim to represent Scotland

It was cringe .

That will backfire.

A 3rd of their vote comes from those who wished to brexit.

Why private finance? Why not state controlled? My argument would be that utilities should be in public ownership.

The Telegraph [emoji849]

2 up from The Daily Mail with The Express sandwiched between.

Sutton Trust actually. Telegraph reporting their report. But belittle and attack the source. Deflect, ignore and plough on.

It was cringe .

That will backfire.

A 3rd of their vote comes from those who wished to brexit.

To genuinely leave the Eu or to create the situation we have now?

Probably to Machiavellian....

Space Mackerel

Here ya go.

http://www.independent.co.uk/environment/scotland-wind-energy-renewable-power-electricity-wwf-scotland-a7183006.html

What? There was a day recently when Scotland powered itself off renewables alone!

One thing we will never be short off is energy up here.

That green energy is heavily subsidised by rUK energy users through their bills. Do you think that would continue after independence? Where else will the money supporting green energy come from?

It's a major headache for independence to overcome. And Jake is right. Nuclear is part of the solution.