Even More SNP Nonsense

Stuart Lyon

HaymarketJambo

There is the Conservative party, who are after all, the natural party of leadership. Recognise that Theresa is doing a good job for all the UK, and that in Ruth, she has a superb politician and join the Tory bus of progress.

Well if the Ruthie and Theresa are doing such a good job why is that they have only one Scottish MP Westminster and are a very poor second at Holyrood?

The SNP are main party of Scotland and the Tories will never be the party of Scotland, let England have Ruthie,Theresa and the Conservatives.        

P.s Just be glad that the Labour Party are a shambles North and South of the Border.   

Edited by HaymarketJambo

• Replies 11.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Space Mackerel

• deesidejambo

• Pans Jambo

• JamboX2

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

U.K. Govt guarantees any personal losses due to Bank collapse at ?80,000 per person. Keep denying though.

Not denying that.

How can i.

We are in this mess financially because of the near 1 trillion pound bail out.

That is not the point im making.

Better banking practice makes for sounder banks.

The evidence is clear on this.

The banks that were least affected by the 2008 crisis were banks not mollycuddled by the state.

In actual fact the very act of the bail outs was contrary to free market capitalism and amounted to fascism.

Theres clear evidence that an independent Scotland with a banking sector that relies on capital reserve and not the too big to fail philosophy are in fact attractive to those who wish to put their money in risk averse banks.

Space Mackerel

Have to laugh at Salmond moaning that the PM is fawing to Trump. It's not that long ago he was doing the same.

When was this?

Space Mackerel

I cannot respond to this post adequately enough.

You've never responded adequately to any post, why change the habit of a lifetime? :-/

I remember you saying now.

Methil to Deeside, that's a fair jump on socio economic standards, hope you haven't lost your roots.

Not planning to return to Methil.

Space Mackerel

Not denying that.

How can i.

The banks that were least affected by the 2008 crisis were banks not mollycuddled by the state.

In actual fact the very act of the bail outs was contrary to free market capitalism and amounted to fascism.

Theres clear evidence that an independent Scotland with a banking sector that relies on capital reserve and not the too big to fail philosophy are in fact attractive to those who wish to put their money in risk averse banks.

Again well said jake, it's wasted on someone who doesn't understand the full picture.

Not denying that.

How can i.

You pashed again?

Malinga the Swinga

See when you have someone on ignore, you can never be sure who or what they are responding to. Reckon the planetary fish is coming back to me but maybe not. It isn't this debate that caused it, but I cannot undertake a reasoned agreement with someone who insists that the US goverment played a part in 9/11. If they are so ****ing stupid that they believe that, then they are either incapable of sensible discussions or else they are a attention seeking troll.

In this case, both appear to be true.

Trapper John McIntyre

Well if the Ruthie and Theresa are doing such a good job why is that they have only one Scottish MP Westminster and are a very poor second at Holyrood?

The SNP are main party of Scotland and the Tories will never be the party of Scotland, let England have Ruthie,Theresa and the Conservatives.        

In case you haven't noticed, Holyrood is not where the real power lies.

Westminster. You know the place, where you  lose your temper (Salmond), believe you are the sole voice of Scotland (Cherry) and are reduced to whistling Ode to Joy (all of the tossers) while you are swatted aside like the powerless, inept, angry and embarassing little gnats that you are.

Trapper John McIntyre

You've never responded adequately to any post, why change the habit of a lifetime? :-/

Almost a good one.

Space Mackerel

You pashed again?

How do you feel about the UK taxpayer giving free money to recapitalise the banks after they have ****ed the monetary system through personal greed? Only for them to start all over again and then for the government to sell it off for much less than it was bought for?

Do you actually understand what happened in 2008?

Ricardo Shillyshally

So you don't know?

I don't know the dates. It was pretty well reported at the time. When Trump's golf course up North seemed to get pushed through by the SNP and oor Eck was chumming up to him.

Trapper John McIntyre

I don't know the dates. It was pretty well reported at the time. When Trump's golf course up North seemed to get pushed through by the SNP and oor Eck was chumming up to him.

It never happened. They were never friends. It was fake news.

Malinga the Swinga

P.s Just be glad that the Labour Party are a shambles North and South of the Border.

A few years ago, the Labour Party were the party of Scotland. Things change and never say never. In any case, as part of the UK, the Conservative majority rightly won the last election and they are doing a job following the people's wishes to leave the EU. As time goes by, more and more sensible people are deciding that was the right thing to do.

The SNP would have us give up a union with UK, because of their hatred and jealousy of the English, whilst entering a union where we would be under the direct rule of Germany and its friends. Makes you wonder what they actually believe or want.

Space Mackerel

See when you have someone on ignore, you can never be sure who or what they are responding to. Reckon the planetary fish is coming back to me but maybe not. It isn't this debate that caused it, but I cannot undertake a reasoned agreement with someone who insists that the US goverment played a part in 9/11. If they are so ******* stupid that they believe that, then they are either incapable of sensible discussions or else they are a attention seeking troll.

In this case, both appear to be true.

I'm too grown up to put people on ignore, I just scroll past.

Attention seeking is posting about people you have on ignore however :)

How do you feel about the UK taxpayer giving free money to recapitalise the banks after they have ****ed the monetary system through personal greed? Only for them to start all over again and then for the government to sell it off for much less than it was bought for?

Do you actually understand what happened in 2008?

It was a desperate measure to avoid the risk of a run on the Banks.

The UK govt deposit guarantee also avoids this.

RBS and BoS will be screwed on Indy.

I don't use Banks - I don't like their modus - BSocs for me.

Trapper John McIntyre

I'm too grown up to put people on ignore, I just scroll past.

Attention seeking is posting about people you have on ignore however :)

No one would dream of putting you on ignore.

In these difficult times, you're a beacon of hope.

You've lost us.

There is a stronger argument economically for independence.

Scotland does ok in the union but can never truly prosper.

To be able to use levers economically through taxation and financial restructuring of banking regulations.

To be able to stimulate the economy that suits Scotland and not the south east.

The only trouble is that its only viable through free market economics.

Not really palatable to scottish voters.

There is no problem with currency.

The evidence shows quite clearly what makes strong banks.

The position scotland is in with good natural resources will be much envied.

Being ruled by westminster will put the interests of the south east where elections are won and lost at the top of the agenda.

Being independent will put the interests of scotland first.

Space Mackerel

So sort of what happened is this:

Donald Trump wanted to build a top of the range championship golf course

Alec Salmond said brilliant

DT started acting a bit of an arsehole saying he could bypass planning laws and chucking people out their homes

Alec Salmond said what a bampot and loads of people agreed

DT got sent home with his tail between his legs after the wind farm was proposed and chucked his dummy out?

Is this right?

Space Mackerel

No one would dream of putting you on ignore.

In these difficult times, you're a beacon of hope.

Better tell your wee pal Malignant :)

Trapper John McIntyre

There is a stronger argument economically for independence.

Scotland does ok in the union but can never truly prosper.

To be able to use levers economically through taxation and financial restructuring of banking regulations.

To be able to stimulate the economy that suits Scotland and not the south east.

The only trouble is that its only viable through free market economics.

Not really palatable to scottish voters.

There is no problem with currency.

The evidence shows quite clearly what makes strong banks.

The position scotland is in with good natural resources will be much envied.

Being ruled by westminster will put the interests of the south east where elections are won and lost at the top of the agenda.

Being independent will put the interests of scotland first.

So, who will be the winners and losers in the new Scotland as there are in any other country?

Expand on this Utopia. Explain why someone earning the minimum wage in the new Scotland will be better off than his counterpart in England.

DT started acting a bit of an arsehole saying he could bypass planning laws and chucking people out their homes

DT got sent home with his tail between his legs after the wind farm was proposed and chucked his dummy out?

Is this right?

Er- the course has been open for 3 years and the windfarm was binned.

Malinga the Swinga

You pashed again?

Mist be. All the ascottish banks would have gone bust without being saved by the goverment, apart from Airdrie Savings bank, and there are no true Scottish banks left.

The Bank of Scotland doesn't exist, except as a trading name and the same goes for the Clydesdale. The Royal Bank is a basket case that should be nationalised as it will take decades to return to profit so what Scottish banks do we all invest in.

Don't believe it was anyone other than Scots who got RBS and HBOS into trouble. It was England's fault, it was Scots who believed they were infallible.

Risk averse banks will never exist again unless it is a nationalised bank as shareholders, who by enlarge are greedy, will always drive for extreme profits.

HaymarketJambo

In case you haven't noticed, Holyrood is not where the real power lies.

Westminster. You know the place, where you  lose your temper (Salmond), believe you are the sole voice of Scotland (Cherry) and are reduced to whistling Ode to Joy (all of the tossers) while you are swatted aside like the powerless, inept, angry and embarassing little gnats that you are.

Is that from you?

Tell me what did the Official Opposition do then?

The White flag comes to mind and more in fighting from the Labour Party?  

Edited by HaymarketJambo

You pashed again?

Wondered how long it would take.

No.

I was the other night.

And my only regret is that the subject of that thread was locked because of it.

At least i hope it was that and not because the ethnic cleansing of christians by islamic fascists cannot be discussed.

But slag me personally if you cant counter my argument.

Couldnae care tbh

Ricardo Shillyshally

Is this right?

All true, although you may have missed the bit about the SNP pushing it through against the wishes of the local council and environmental concerns.

Malinga the Swinga

stop quoting facts, it doesn't work when you converse with a trolling lunatic.

Trapper John McIntyre

Is that from you?

Tell me what did the Official Opposition do then?

The White flag comes to mind and more in fighting from the Labour Party?  

Accepted the will of the people.

Thunderstruck

Is that right? How come the SNP gained over 50% of the vote last elections with more swapping over to the Yes movement since then?

How do you achieve this statement?

Did you not tell us that you once served in the Womens' Auxiliary Balloon Corps?

I was under the impression that numeracy was quite high on the list of attributes for joining the Crabs so how do you explain 46 being "higher than 50"?

Of course, such curiosities might abound in your alternative universe.

All true, although you may have missed the bit about the SNP pushing it through against the wishes of the local council and environmental concerns.

Good old SNP. They will keep that quiet.

Trapper John McIntyre

Good old SNP. They will keep that quiet.

That's not hard to do these days in Scotland.

HaymarketJambo

A few years ago, the Labour Party were the party of Scotland. Things change and never say never. In any case, as part of the UK, the Conservative majority rightly won the last election and they are doing a job following the people's wishes to leave the EU. As time goes by, more and more sensible people are deciding that was the right thing to do.

The SNP would have us give up a union with UK, because of their hatred and jealousy of the English, whilst entering a union where we would be under the direct rule of Germany and its friends. Makes you wonder what they actually believe or want.

I agree with on the first point and I voted Brexit.

The 2nd point my Mother is English and both my late Grandmothers were English, I do not hate the English ok.  

Not at all. An Indy Scotland would, IMO, be not that different politically from most of Western Europe. My point was that the Tory surge is, again IMO, down mainly to courting voters who value the union above political ideology. How can you explain. Labour voters, Scottish labour voters, switching to them?

It's a fair point and it must be one factor , but the Lib Democrats vote collapsed, who's to say that didn't make up the majority of the Conservative gain? Not in my neck of the woods obviously.

It sounds to me as if you are discounting out of hand, that some consider the SNP government poor and the Conservative party the most effective opposition to it. The orange card, loyalist thing is too simplistic but typical of the divided ( beyond repair?

Edited by pablo

Space Mackerel

Scotland Add to myFT

Vattenfall invests ?300m in wind farm opposed by Trump

Fast FT

Read next

SNP secures Scottish budget after deal with Greens

Share on Twitter (opens new window)

Share on Facebook (opens new window)

Share on LinkedIn (opens new window)

Save

JULY 21, 2016 by: Nathalie Thomas

A Scottish wind farm, which US presidential hopeful Donald Trump dubbed a ?monstrous? scheme that would ?destroy Scotland?, is to go ahead after Swedish Vattenfall said on Thursday it planned to invest more than ?300m in the offshore renewables project.

Sample the FT?s top stories for a week

You select the topic, we deliver the news.

Select topic

Enter email addressInvalid email

Sign up By signing up you confirm that you have read and agree to the terms and conditions, cookie policy and privacy policy.

The US Republican party nominee took legal action in the courts in the UK to stop the project, which he said would spoil the view from the Trump International Golf Links, the golf and leisure complex he has developed on the Aberdeenshire coast, writes John Murray Brown.

The investment go-ahead for the project ? known as the European Offshore Wind Deployment Centre ? comes seven months after the UK supreme court threw out a challenge brought by the US tycoon.

The project is expected to be operational by mid-2018, with onshore construction starting later this year, Vattenfall said in a statement on Thursday.

Magnus Hall, chief executive and president of Vattenfall, said:

We aim to double out wind power capacity from 2 to 4 gigawatt by 2020 and are focusing on reducing and streamlining our offshore wind power costs. Our investment in the European Offshore Wind Deployment Centre off Aberdeen is an important part of this process.

Vattenfall said ?in line with earlier agreements? it is buying out the 25 per cent share owned by its local partner, the Aberdeen Renewable Energy Group, to become sole owner of the project, which will comprise 11 turbines with a capacity of 92.4 MW.

Scotland Add to myFT

Vattenfall invests ?300m in wind farm opposed by Trump

Fast FT

Read next

SNP secures Scottish budget after deal with Greens

Share on Twitter (opens new window)

Share on Facebook (opens new window)

Share on LinkedIn (opens new window)

Save

JULY 21, 2016 by: Nathalie Thomas

A Scottish wind farm, which US presidential hopeful Donald Trump dubbed a ?monstrous? scheme that would ?destroy Scotland?, is to go ahead after Swedish Vattenfall said on Thursday it planned to invest more than ?300m in the offshore renewables project.

Sample the FT?s top stories for a week

You select the topic, we deliver the news.

Select topic

Enter email addressInvalid email

Sign up By signing up you confirm that you have read and agree to the terms and conditions, cookie policy and privacy policy.

The US Republican party nominee took legal action in the courts in the UK to stop the project, which he said would spoil the view from the Trump International Golf Links, the golf and leisure complex he has developed on the Aberdeenshire coast, writes John Murray Brown.

The investment go-ahead for the project ? known as the European Offshore Wind Deployment Centre ? comes seven months after the UK supreme court threw out a challenge brought by the US tycoon.

The project is expected to be operational by mid-2018, with onshore construction starting later this year, Vattenfall said in a statement on Thursday.

Magnus Hall, chief executive and president of Vattenfall, said:

We aim to double out wind power capacity from 2 to 4 gigawatt by 2020 and are focusing on reducing and streamlining our offshore wind power costs. Our investment in the European Offshore Wind Deployment Centre off Aberdeen is an important part of this process.

Vattenfall said ?in line with earlier agreements? it is buying out the 25 per cent share owned by its local partner, the Aberdeen Renewable Energy Group, to become sole owner of the project, which will comprise 11 turbines with a capacity of 92.4 MW.

Project on hold awaiting, you guessed it, Govt subsidy. Which is currently unbugetted.

Space Mackerel

Project on hold awaiting, you guessed it, Govt subsidy. Which is currently unbugetted.

Now why would the Conservatives withhold money to renewables in Scotland? :lol:

It's at most a 3 piece jigsaw puzzle, surely you can work it out?

Mist be. All the ascottish banks would have gone bust without being saved by the goverment, apart from Airdrie Savings bank, and there are no true Scottish banks left.

The Bank of Scotland doesn't exist, except as a trading name and the same goes for the Clydesdale. The Royal Bank is a basket case that should be nationalised as it will take decades to return to profit so what Scottish banks do we all invest in.

Don't believe it was anyone other than Scots who got RBS and HBOS into trouble. It was England's fault, it was Scots who believed they were infallible.

Risk averse banks will never exist again unless it is a nationalised bank as shareholders, who by enlarge are greedy, will always drive for extreme profits.

You can try and turn this into a petty argument if that suits you.

If we are really saying that going into debt 7 times our gdp to save the banks who continue with the same tactics is sound economic policy then i will glady get pished.

Do you really believe the RBS was is a scottish bank.

Do you know the actual financial dealings they had internationally and the size of their accounting in the US at the time.

Ive never bought into blaming the english its one of the cultural reasons scotland should be independent.

As for banks not being risk averse.

Can you tell me how many banks needed bailed out.

You may want to do some research especially on the US institutions.

Too big too fail.

Thats not capitalism is it?

Space Mackerel

You can try and turn this into a petty argument if that suits you.

If we are really saying that going into debt 7 times our gdp to save the banks who continue with the same tactics is sound economic policy then i will glady get pished.

Do you really believe the RBS was is a scottish bank.

Do you know the actual financial dealings they had internationally and the size of their accounting in the US at the time.

Ive never bought into blaming the english its one of the cultural reasons scotland should be independent.

As for banks not being risk averse.

Can you tell me how many banks needed bailed out.

You may want to do some research especially on the US institutions.

Too big too fail.

Thats not capitalism is it?

They won't understand jake. They have utterly no idea about modern day banking and risk and what caused the crash in 2008.

Ricardo Shillyshally

Now why would the Conservatives withhold money to renewables in Scotland? :lol:

It's at most a 3 piece jigsaw puzzle, surely you can work it out?

The change in renewable energy funding is UK wide is not?

So, who will be the winners and losers in the new Scotland as there are in any other country?

Expand on this Utopia. Explain why someone earning the minimum wage in the new Scotland will be better off than his counterpart in England.

Of course silly me i should have curbed my posts where i described an independent scotland as utopia.

I think ive already put a case forward why an independent scotland can do better.

Nowhere have i described it as utopia.

But aside from the economic case which you have failed to argue against there is the cultural one.

Space Mackerel

The change in renewable energy funding is UK wide is not?

You're telling us? Back it up please with some solid facts please.

Like your last windfarm "story" off the coast of Aberdeenshire.

Edited by Space Mackerel

zoltan socrates

Rbs were baw deep in the american mortgage market while pishing money up the formula one advertising wall and building gogarburn minicities

To say it was the scots alone who brought down rbs is a bit rough, no?

Space Mackerel

Rbs were baw deep in the american mortgage market while pishing money up the formula one advertising wall and building gogarburn minicities

To say it was the scots alone who brought down rbs is a bit rough, no?

Was it not Nicola Surgeon and Alec Salmond as CEO's of a joint venture fund between the two companies that caused the meltdown in the financial markets in 2008? They even took out Lehaman Bros. :(

Thunderstruck

More important is the cost, to English Energy Users, of the subsidy to Scottish Windfarm Operators and already rich landowners. ?600m per annum on 2015 figures (the most recently available) just for on-shore turbines.

How politically acceptable would it be to English voters to see significant sums go to prop up the economy of a developed, independent country. They might prefer to invest their subsidy in new developments like Rampion.

What would it cost Scottish consumers to absorb that cost on top of existing renewable energy surcharge?