Even More SNP Nonsense

Stuart Lyon

So why bother voting Yes in the first one and then say you are leaning to a No this one.

And why hundreds of posts in this thread?

But you're not bothered?

Why post? I'm very interested in politics.

Why Yes? I didn't think that independence within the EU with the UK in the EU made much difference over all - free market access applied to both etc. Plus, I had read a good few articles via a New Statesman series which reported from Slovakia and the Czech Republic. The jist being independence allowed them to move beyond this debate of nationalism. Which as was said by those interviewed had been a barrier to dealing with day to day issues of health and education.

No now? Partly failings of the Yes camp. The re-running of grievance politics. The lack of answers to the big questions facing the Scottish electorate. The failure to realise Brexit has totally changed the situation and no realisation of that.

• Replies 11.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Space Mackerel

• deesidejambo

• Pans Jambo

• JamboX2

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

One small flaw, all the English banks have moved to Amsterdam, Berlin, Frankfurt and Paris by then :lol:

Wrong again. Either way though Scotland can't sustain the lev l of underwriting the U.K. does.

Also RBS and BoD would become foreign Banks so English customers will not want their deposits in foreign hands. RBS and BoS would be doomed.

One small flaw, all the English banks have moved to Amsterdam, Berlin, Frankfurt and Paris by then :lol:

Why not Edinburgh? If the case for Independence was more along the lines of going after business, I'd be more like........."wait a minute" ( in a Graeme Weir style )

Space Mackerel

Why post? I'm very interested in politics.

Why Yes? I didn't think that independence within the EU with the UK in the EU made much difference over all - free market access applied to both etc. Plus, I had read a good few articles via a New Statesman series which reported from Slovakia and the Czech Republic. The jist being independence allowed them to move beyond this debate of nationalism. Which as was said by those interviewed had been a barrier to dealing with day to day issues of health and education.

No now? Partly failings of the Yes camp. The re-running of grievance politics. The lack of answers to the big questions facing the Scottish electorate. The failure to realise Brexit has totally changed the situation and no realisation of that.

This isn't a debate about politics. This a thread about 6 or 7 posters who create said threads and then post nonsense to get bites.

You're a No, you're obviously an intelligent person so hopefully you'll change your mind reading more educational literature rather than the dross posted on here.

My part in the movement is to donate money to the SNP, I think it's my small part in combatting the millions that are handed out to the Tory party and the Better Together, think of it like my other donation to FoH, lots of small ones makes a big one.

The SNP received huge donations from their corporate donors. Their lotto winners also. They out spent the next 3 biggest parties at the last election. It's good to pay your dues but they're hardly under funded in Scotland.

My posts on here are purely to combat the lies and misinformation that is all to apparent in these anti SNP threads, it's basically an offshoot of the Daily Mail/Express readerships pages.

Again - why are you being so defensive? People won't always agree with you and the SNP. People will not always support independence. People will criticise SNP policy. It's not anti anything it's democracy. Criticism and altervatives are vital to a constructive debate.

We will win the next Indy ref, that is a 100% fact.

Where's the proof?

This isn't a debate about politics. This a thread about 6 or 7 posters who create said threads and then post nonsense to get bites.

You're a No, you're obviously an intelligent person so hopefully you'll change your mind reading more educational literature rather than the dross posted on here.

Says someone who thinks the Pentagon was hit by a missile packed with corpses.

Statements like that- ie only thickos vote No - will prevent Yes winning. Equally true of the No camp with the shoe on the other foot.

Space Mackerel

Wrong again. Either way though Scotland can't sustain the lev l of underwriting the U.K. does.

Also RBS and BoD would become foreign Banks so English customers will not want their deposits in foreign hands. RBS and BoS would be doomed.

You're away with it! And to think I even gave a nano second of a thought to giving my mate who I've been a friend with since nursery school a nod to letting someone like you live in his gaff? :rofl:

You're away with it! And to think I even gave a nano second of a thought to giving my mate who I've been a friend with since nursery school a nod to letting someone like you live in his gaff? :rofl:

Not live, rent. But his loss. My clients pay top dollar. But anyway you are making it up.

Space Mackerel

Statements like that- ie only thickos vote No - will prevent Yes winning. Equally true of the No camp with the shoe on the other foot.

I was referring to you, I'm assuming you're saying the rest of the No posters on here are thickos?

Trapper John McIntyre

Such as what?

Wings? The National? The Dandy/ Beano?

Trapper John McIntyre

Bizarre post alert.

Space Mackerel

Not live, rent. But his loss. My clients pay top dollar. But anyway you are making it up.

I doubt he worries about money, last time he was buying a property in Scotland with a view to living here. He's about several thousand food chains up in the oil industry than your clients, make no mistake of that.

Trapper John McIntyre

I was a Remainer but am now happy with Brexit. The Govt are handling it well.

SNPs chance has gone.

Bloody Tory.

I doubt he worries about money, last time he was buying a property in Scotland with a view to living here. He's about several thousand food chains up in the oil industry than your clients, make no mistake of that.

I strongly doubt that. You show up you are making it up. But you are a millionaire from the back of your van of course.

Space Mackerel

Such as what?

Wings? The National? The Dandy/ Beano?

I see you've now worked out which referendum we have been talking about now Thrapper.

Help yourself to a wee sweetie from the tin.

Trapper John McIntyre

I see you've now worked out which referendum we have been talking about now Thrapper.

Help yourself to a wee sweetie from the tin.

You mean there's more than one being threatened by Krankie?

Malinga the Swinga

Happy with Brexit although I voted Remain. Happy that I will never see an independent Scotland in my lifetime, and I plan on being around for a few decades more, as the SNP had one chance and they and their followers hibsed it.

Cocky *******s thought they had it in their hands, but the majority remained strong and turned their back on Salmond, Sturgeon and their band of devotees.

Space Mackerel

I was a Remainer but am now happy with Brexit. The Govt are handling it well.

SNPs chance has gone.

Really? Handling it well? So they've pushed up the Indy vote and alienated most of the EU leaders?

Not to mention having to get held in check by the Supreme Court.

Trapper John McIntyre

I strongly doubt that. You show up you are making it up. But you are a millionaire from the back of your van of course.

Skimps on the ketchup and mustard, I heard.

Meano.

Trapper John McIntyre

Really? Handling it well? So they've pushed up the Indy vote and alienated most of the EU leaders?

Not to mention having to get held in check by the Supreme Court.

'cos they got rid of that incompetent prick Cameron and put a real hard case who'll stand for no shit from the gnatz in Theresa in his place.

Space Mackerel

You believe whatever you want.

Hope you find the right accommodation for your trip. Give a knock on Balmoral front door, Wills and Kate might point you in the right direction.

HaymarketJambo

So the SNP are not governing effectively then? Make your mind up!

Why is indy doomed?

So I take it you think the SNP are doing a good job in government?

Let's be honest who else is there, and even I agree that's bad for Scottish politics.      

Edited by HaymarketJambo

Space Mackerel

'cos they got rid of that incompetent prick Cameron and put a real hard case who'll stand for no shit from the gnatz in Theresa in his place.

Sounds like a wee bit seethe coming through there Thrapper?

It's only a message board, remember. All done through user generated content. Calm doon.

In event of Indy RBS and BoS will be screwed as the vast majority of their clients are in England.

They will close their accounts and move to English Banks as they are underwritten by the U.K. give in case of collapse.

And you can take that to the Bank.

Your assertation that banks underwritten by a government already in debt to the tune of 2 trillion pounds as a sound economic argument is mind boggling.

On the contrary the exact opposite is true.

Banks which are not underwritten were by and large unaffected by the 2008 crisis.

Those banks have to build up capital reserve and have better risk assessment .

Its also a ridiculous statement in this day of international finance to even think of banking in such simplistic terms.

And i also find it not only a weak argument but hypocritical given your political leanings.

The evonomic argument for independence is strong.

In fact stronger than the case for remaining part of the union.

Trapper John McIntyre

That's how he's so rich. I bet he uses Marge instead of butter as well.

Unacceptable face of capitalism.

Edited by Trapper John McIntyre

Why is indy doomed?

Let's honest who else is there, and even I agree that's bad for Scottish politics.

The reason Indy is doomed is because SNP are now embedded in Westminster and peeps see this as the best option of all for Scotland.

That is why the SNP get a higher percentage votes in elections than for Indy.

But dafties equate the two as the same: they are not.

As long as the SNP dominate Westminster peeps will take that as the best option. Why vote for Indy if we are now sitting pretty?

Space Mackerel

That's how he's so rich. I bet he uses Marge instead of butter as well.

I didn't know you were a fan of The Simpsons?

You didn't answer me earlier, are you from England or born and bred up that neck of the woods?

Malinga the Swinga

Why is indy doomed?

Let's be honest who else is there, and even I agree that's bad for Scottish politics.

There is the Conservative party, who are after all, the natural party of leadership. Recognise that Theresa is doing a good job for all the UK, and that in Ruth, she has a superb politician and join the Tory bus of progress.

Trapper John McIntyre

Your assertation that banks underwritten by a government already in debt to the tune of 2 trillion pounds as a sound economic argument is mind boggling.

Banks which are not underwritten were by and large unaffected by the 2008 crisis.

Its also a ridiculous statement in this day of international finance to even think of banking in such simplistic terms.

And i also find it not only a weak argument but hypocritical given your political leanings.

You've lost us.

U.K. Govt guarantees any personal losses due to Bank collapse at ?80,000 per person. Keep denying though.

Trapper John McIntyre

You didn't answer me earlier, are you from England or born and bred up that neck of the woods?

You're asking him what?

Space Mackerel

Great post jake, athough it will go straight over his head.

Deeside actually believes that us taxpayers are liable for the private risks and rewards taken by bankers and financial institutions. That's what we are dealing with here.

Trapper John McIntyre

Great post jake, athough it will go straight over his head.

Deeside actually believes that us taxpayers are liable for the private risks and rewards taken by bankers and financial institutions. That's what we are dealing with here.

It didn't go over his head.

The last two lines were bollocks.

Trapper John McIntyre

Have to laugh at Salmond moaning that the PM is fawing to Trump. It's not that long ago he was doing the same.

article-2099742-0449190A0000044D-768_470

I grew up in Methil in a Council Hoose with a single parent.

Moved up here with Oil job. Took package and now Ski Instructor and golf caddie.

But I'm a Toff apparently.

Malinga the Swinga

The economic argument for independence isn't strong, it is non existent, other than on the back of the cigarette box that Salmond found a child scribbling on a few years ago. No currency, no plan, no idea, no future.

The SNP and its followers aren't bad, they are delusional malcontents who are doomed to die unhappy as their dream will never happen. Had your chance and ****ed it up.

Space Mackerel

I grew up in Methil in a Council Hoose with a single parent.

Moved up here with Oil job. Took package and now Ski Instructor and golf caddie.

But I'm a Toff apparently.

I remember you saying now.

Methil to Deeside, that's a fair jump on socio economic standards, hope you haven't lost your roots.

Malinga the Swinga

article-2099742-0449190A0000044D-768_470

Wonder what Nicola is doing to make Donald smile. Let's face it, if Salmond told her to do it, she wouldn't hesitate.

Edited by Malinga the Swinga

You sound rattled ? So in your Independent Scotland, there's no right wing voice? There's no Scots that believe in personal responsibility, small government and the free market?

Doesn't sound very Scottish to me.....

Not at all. An Indy Scotland would, IMO, be not that different politically from most of Western Europe. My point was that the Tory surge is, again IMO, down mainly to courting voters who value the union above political ideology. How can you explain. Labour voters, Scottish labour voters, switching to them?

Space Mackerel

The economic argument for independence isn't strong, it is non existent, other than on the back of the cigarette box that Salmond found a child scribbling on a few years ago. No currency, no plan, no idea, no future.

The SNP and its followers aren't bad, they are delusional malcontents who are doomed to die unhappy as their dream will never happen. Had your chance and ****ed it up.

No plan, no idea, no future?

Surely you are referencing Brexit? :rofl: