Stuart Lyon

Even More SNP Nonsense

The Real Maroonblood
20 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

Krankies erse kicked in the big parliament today

:cornette_dog:

Pans Jambo

OK I will indulge in some whatabootery...

£1.3 BILLION over budget (so far) 😆

(but the sick kids is late) 😭

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-51052124

Edited by Pans Jambo

frankblack
1 hour ago, Pans Jambo said:

OK I will indulge in some whatabootery...

£1.3 BILLION over budget (so far) 😆

(but the sick kids is late) 😭

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-51052124

Never mind - any debt would be divided proportionally if Scotland got independence. 👍

Edited by frankblack

Pans Jambo
1 hour ago, frankblack said:

Never mind - any debt would be divided proportionally if Scotland got independence. 👍

That give you a stiffie Frank? Scotland getting shafted? You quite like that it seems. 

frankblack
1 minute ago, Pans Jambo said:

That give you a stiffie Frank? Scotland getting shafted? You quite like that it seems. 

No, it would be Scotland honouring their proportion of national debt.  Fair's fair and all that. 👍

Pans Jambo
22 minutes ago, frankblack said:

No, it would be Scotland honouring their proportion of national debt.  Fair's fair and all that. 👍

Not if Scotland didnt spend it but if thats the price to get rid of that shower of shite then its worth it. As long as Scotland gets its proportion of assets. 👍
We in the negotiating stages now Frank?

ri Alban
9 hours ago, frankblack said:

Aw naw!!! Proportional assets are running oot, anaw!

frankblack
9 hours ago, Pans Jambo said:

Not if Scotland didnt spend it but if thats the price to get rid of that shower of shite then its worth it. As long as Scotland gets its proportion of assets. 👍
We in the negotiating stages now Frank?

I'm talking hypothetically to humour you guys since you have  a very long wait if ever to get Indy Ref 2.

Stuart Lyon

Had the misfortune to be sitting opposite some marchers from yesterday on the GW to EH train in the evening. 2 lassies and 1 bloke all in their mid 20s who just had a foul mouthed conversation the whole journey. They asked someone what song they should sing and another passenger suggested Flower of Scotland. Thankfully they only new one verse. Thought it was a bit ironic that they were sharing a bottle of English Buckfast post march.

By the way I see there is still no Scottish bottled water on sale in W H Smiths at Waverley! Thought the SNP would have sorted this by now.

Seymour M Hersh

Have the Murrells split up?

ri Alban
1 hour ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Are they back together?

JAYEL
5 hours ago, Stuart Lyon said:

Had the misfortune to be sitting opposite some marchers from yesterday on the GW to EH train in the evening. 2 lassies and 1 bloke all in their mid 20s who just had a foul mouthed conversation the whole journey. They asked someone what song they should sing and another passenger suggested Flower of Scotland. Thankfully they only new one verse. Thought it was a bit ironic that they were sharing a bottle of English Buckfast post march.

By the way I see there is still no Scottish bottled water on sale in W H Smiths at Waverley! Thought the SNP would have sorted this by now.

FFS 😆😆😆

I hope you had a good day out

E3D148FE-EFEC-4473-A05E-792E255B9A7C.jpeg

Pans Jambo
7 hours ago, Stuart Lyon said:

Its “knew” one verse. 
And are you suggesting that Scottish Indy supporters should avoid products from England? Why would they do that? Scottish Independence is not about rebuilding Hadrians wall mate FFS!

coconut doug
29 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

Its “knew” one verse. 
And are you suggesting that Scottish Indy supporters should avoid products from England? Why would they do that? Scottish Independence is not about rebuilding Hadrians wall mate FFS!

i think the idea is that if you support Indy then you must hate the English and everything to do with England. It is therefor ironic that Indy supporters should buy an English product. Being pro Scottish is the same as being anti -English in their eyes. 

It is perhaps ironic that this poster found a carriage full of people that conformed to his stereotype of what an Indy supporter should be since my experience does not match his.

BTW It wasn't you he saw was it?          Hint It wasn't me either.

It's very important for Unionists to portray Indy supporters in a negative light at every opportunity whether they are truthful comments or not. As you know only too well their arguments are very weak and usually very poorly expressed and so Ad Hom attacks remain popular.

The march yesterday, like all the others, i believe was extremely good natured.  

Pans Jambo
3 hours ago, coconut doug said:

i think the idea is that if you support Indy then you must hate the English and everything to do with England. It is therefor ironic that Indy supporters should buy an English product. Being pro Scottish is the same as being anti -English in their eyes. 

It is perhaps ironic that this poster found a carriage full of people that conformed to his stereotype of what an Indy supporter should be since my experience does not match his.

BTW It wasn't you he saw was it?          Hint It wasn't me either.

It's very important for Unionists to portray Indy supporters in a negative light at every opportunity whether they are truthful comments or not. As you know only too well their arguments are very weak and usually very poorly expressed and so Ad Hom attacks remain popular.

The march yesterday, like all the others, i believe was extremely good natured.  

Good post. No, wasnt me either.

Zlatanable
10 hours ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

not yet

Seymour M Hersh
1 hour ago, Zlatanable said:

not yet

I heard (with zero corroboration) that he'd moved in with another person and she was looking to buy a place up at Gleneagles and to move in with another person. 

Edited by Seymour M Hersh

Zlatanable
2 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

I heard (with zero corroboration) that he'd moved in with another person and she was looking to buy a place up at Gleneagles and to move in with another person. 

best not to speculate or repeat rumours in public. 

Seymour M Hersh
1 minute ago, Zlatanable said:

best not to speculate or repeat rumours in public. 

Oh paalease! This place is awash with both speculation and rumour! 

ri Alban
15 hours ago, Pans Jambo said:

Its “knew” one verse. 

:jjno:How no!

:D

ri Alban
17 hours ago, JAYEL said:

FFS 😆😆😆

I hope you had a good day out

E3D148FE-EFEC-4473-A05E-792E255B9A7C.jpeg

You know why the England flag is on top of the Scotland flag. It's not disrespectful, it was just King James wiping his sword on the Saltire.

maroonlegions

Meanwhile in little England and possibly coming to a school near you, yip, poverty detention.. Slipping back to the Victorian days.. 

Image may contain: possible text that says '#We AreCorbyr Nabboo #NoWarWithIran @Nabbooland One of my children has been told he will get a detention at school today. The reason? We can't afford the ingredients for cooking that the school only told him about yesterday. A poverty detention...is .is this fair?'

gjcc
7 hours ago, maroonlegions said:

Meanwhile in little England and possibly coming to a school near you, yip, poverty detention.. Slipping back to the Victorian days.. 

Image may contain: possible text that says '#We AreCorbyr Nabboo #NoWarWithIran @Nabbooland One of my children has been told he will get a detention at school today. The reason? We can't afford the ingredients for cooking that the school only told him about yesterday. A poverty detention...is .is this fair?'

silly goose. Should have asked the local food bank!

frankblack
On 15/01/2020 at 19:05, maroonlegions said:

Sounds like bollocks to me.

Any parent would tell their kids to go home at the normal time if it was as simple as that.  If further issues contact your local MP or MSP and it will be sorted.

Dannie Boy

STV reporting shocking A&E results in Scotland. Patients waiting over 12 hours for beds and ambulances. Consultant and NHS Lancashire boss saying it is unacceptable. The system is not coping. It’s a nonsense from the Scottish Government. No excuses folks get it sorted.

Space Mackerel
20 minutes ago, Dannie Boy said:

STV reporting shocking A&E results in Scotland. Patients waiting over 12 hours for beds and ambulances. Consultant and NHS Lancashire boss saying it is unacceptable. The system is not coping. It’s a nonsense from the Scottish Government. No excuses folks get it sorted.

Makes you wonder why Johnson does this?

https://news.sky.com/story/boris-johnson-to-enshrine-34bn-nhs-spending-pledge-into-law-11887014

Or are Scottish Health workers shiter than English yins? Like our oil?

Space Mackerel
2 minutes ago, Dannie Boy said:

Best to read the article first instead of a quick Google search that fits your narrative.

"The Scottish figures on Tuesday "aren’t bad" again, especially when you compare them to the Welsh and English stats."

Better luck next time though....👍

Dannie Boy
14 minutes ago, Space Mackerel said:

Best to read the article first instead of a quick Google search that fits your narrative.

"The Scottish figures on Tuesday "aren’t bad" again, especially when you compare them to the Welsh and English stats."

Better luck next time though....👍

“When I say they weren’t that bad, I mean relatively speaking. 

All the A&E targets were missed, 987 patients had to wait longer than 12 hours in November which is a record high and 85.5% were treated within four hours; the target is 95%. 

On their own those figures are appalling and a few years ago patients, doctors, officials and ministers would have been up in arms but not today. 

Why? Because it’s worse elsewhere in the UK and bluntly, we’ve all got used to it.” 
“Scotland A&E waiting times look pretty static today, 81.8% seen within 4 hours but number of people waiting more than 12 hours doubles in the second week of Jan to 349.. winter’s hitting” 

Bad is acceptable now. Never mind I’m sure First Minister “I won’t take lessons from anyone” will sort it out when she finds a bit of spare time when she is not pursuing her referendum need. 

As I said no excuses or even whataboutery. 

coconut doug
17 minutes ago, Dannie Boy said:

You do understand that the people waiting had been treated and were waiting for a place on a ward and in the other case an ambulance?

You do also understand that despite having been treated these people failed the 4 hour test because they hadn't been moved from A+E. Failing the 4 hour test in England simply means that they have not been seen. Scotland works to higher standards.

The people in the article had been seen, treated and were being well looked after. 

When you watched the item did you consider why the ITV national news had chosen to focus on Scotland to show the deficiencies in the NHS when the other 3 countries operate to significantly lower standards and produce significantly lower performance levels?

Did you notice that the reporter stated that Hairmyers hospital was in Glasgow when it is not in Glasgow and not in the Glasgow health authority area either?

Did you see anything in the report that you thought was shocking and demonstrated that the "system was not coping"?

Space Mackerel

This will be good. :) 

Dannie Boy
Just now, coconut doug said:

You do understand that the people waiting had been treated and were waiting for a place on a ward and in the other case an ambulance?

You do also understand that despite having been treated these people failed the 4 hour test because they hadn't been moved from A+E. Failing the 4 hour test in England simply means that they have not been seen. Scotland works to higher standards.

The people in the article had been seen, treated and were being well looked after. 

When you watched the item did you consider why the ITV national news had chosen to focus on Scotland to show the deficiencies in the NHS when the other 3 countries operate to significantly lower standards and produce significantly lower performance levels?

Did you notice that the reporter stated that Hairmyers hospital was in Glasgow when it is not in Glasgow and not in the Glasgow health authority area either?

Did you see anything in the report that you thought was shocking and demonstrated that the "system was not coping"?

Oh I understand alright. The targets haven’t been met. 95% is the target and it wasn’t met. No excuses. 

“I’m not saying things in Scotland aren’t bad, they are

The NHS in all four nations is struggling to cope but when one country appears to be doing better it’s right to ask why. 

What Scotland doesn’t do well in is planned operations.. so the answer might well be that the NHS in Scotland has different priorities.”

Space Mackerel

I’m not so sure Danny has heard of this austerity that was policy of the successive Tory governments since 2010 😕 

Have you Danny? The GREAT BRITISH austerity project to re-capitalise the banks and government coffers after all their pals bust the capitalist system through their own greed in 2008? 

Dannie Boy
2 minutes ago, Space Mackerel said:

I’m not so sure Danny has heard of this austerity that was policy of the successive Tory governments since 2010 😕 

Have you Danny? The GREAT BRITISH austerity project to re-capitalise the banks and government coffers after all their pals bust the capitalist system through their own greed in 2008? 

No excuses. 
Ps who’s Danny?

coconut doug
10 minutes ago, Dannie Boy said:

Oh I understand alright. The targets haven’t been met. 95% is the target and it wasn’t met. No excuses. 

“I’m not saying things in Scotland aren’t bad, they are

The NHS in all four nations is struggling to cope but when one country appears to be doing better it’s right to ask why. 

What Scotland doesn’t do well in is planned operations.. so the answer might well be that the NHS in Scotland has different priorities.”

Do you have any information to show that Scotland does not do well in planned operations.

The targets haven't been met, you are correct but what are the problems around this A+E target that seems to have upset you so much?

Did you see any of the things that upset you in the article ?

Did you see this today? https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-51180944

Dannie Boy
2 minutes ago, coconut doug said:

Do you have any information to show that Scotland does not do well in planned operations.

The targets haven't been met, you are correct but what are the problems around this A+E target that seems to have upset you so much?

Did you see any of the things that upset you in the article ?

Did you see this today? https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-51180944

aye I’m waiting on a planned operation. 
95% is the target and it wasn’t met. 

No excuses. 

Space Mackerel

£4.3 BILLION!!!

Are they adding that on to the GERS figures too next year? 😁😁😁

coconut doug
16 minutes ago, Space Mackerel said:

£4.3 BILLION!!!

Are they adding that on to the GERS figures too next year? 😁😁😁

This just the ones that have been settled, i think. There is another £80 Billion in the pipeline.  

NHS safe with the Tories!

coconut doug
21 minutes ago, Dannie Boy said:

No excuses. 

What is the figure and where is it that Scotland doesn't do well in comparison?

Space Mackerel
6 minutes ago, coconut doug said:

This just the ones that have been settled, i think. There is another £80 Billion in the pipeline.  

NHS safe with the Tories!

I read that after I skimmed the article.

£80 BILLION though, that must mean £8 BILLION on the GERS figures. Plus another £10.2 BILLION. on a train that only goes to Leeds or Brum. 😁😁😁

Space Mackerel
32 minutes ago, Dannie Boy said:

No excuses. 

Have you heard of “austerity” Danny? 

coconut doug
19 minutes ago, Space Mackerel said:

I read that after I skimmed the article.

£80 BILLION though, that must mean £8 BILLION on the GERS figures. Plus another £10.2 BILLION. on a train that only goes to Leeds or Brum. 😁😁😁

Whether it goes in gers or not, we will still have to pay our share.

Space Mackerel

Bailing out NHS England incompetence and screaming about lack of funds up here for Health services.

Im not quite so sure how to square that circle. It’s a toughie. 

Ach well, couple renditions of Last Night of the Proms and it’s back to business as usual. 

coconut doug
1 hour ago, Dannie Boy said:

No excuses. 

According to the BBC and the SG the target for Scotland is 90% and hospitals are not expected to meet this target all the time. Seems like no excuse is required.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-41483322

Comparing Scotland to England is not very helpful as different criteria and measurements are used but i am keen to see how you can be sure it is in this area that Scotland does so badly.

As far as i can see standards are falling in both countries with big differences in regions and across different medical areas. I see no evidence that Scotland is worse than England and it is definitely much better than Wales or NI. but maybe you know different.

Zlatanable
23 minutes ago, coconut doug said:

According to the BBC and the SG the target for Scotland is 90% and hospitals are not expected to meet this target all the time. Seems like no excuse is required.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-41483322

Comparing Scotland to England is not very helpful as different criteria and measurements are used but i am keen to see how you can be sure it is in this area that Scotland does so badly.

As far as i can see standards are falling in both countries with big differences in regions and across different medical areas. I see no evidence that Scotland is worse than England and it is definitely much better than Wales or NI. but maybe you know different.

This is a terrible response.

Months ago, a person on here criticised me for saying that Scottish Nationalists don't act kind to other people. 

Look at this from @coconut doug here. Poor standards are fine, as long as no blinking idiot says it's worse in Scotland. 

Edited by Zlatanable

Zlatanable
1 hour ago, Space Mackerel said:

Bailing out NHS England incompetence and screaming about lack of funds up here for Health services.

Im not quite so sure how to square that circle. It’s a toughie. 

Ach well, couple renditions of Last Night of the Proms and it’s back to business as usual. 

cmon @Space Mackerel , the whole thing hasn't been a waste of time

Zlatanable

Could this be the beginning of the end of Rupert Murdoch supporting @TheSNP 

coconut doug
32 minutes ago, Zlatanable said:

This is a terrible response.

Months ago, a person on here criticised me for saying that Scottish Nationalists don't act kind to other people. 

Look at this from @coconut doug here. Poor standards are fine, as long as no blinking idiot says it's worse in Scotland. 

What we are discussing here are the merits of a United Kingdom run Scotland against a Scotland that we run ourselves. 

Those who come on here to tell us about how poor we are at providing services in Scotland are essentially telling us that we are more or less incapable of organising ourselves and managing our own service provision. While it may be true that we are poor it is always salient to point out just how much worse things are in RUK. 

At no point have i or anybody else supported the poor provision of services. The trouble is though we can only judge the quality we have against performance indicators used across the whole UK. 

I asked Dannie Boy what he thought were the areas where Scotland was failing. So far he has declined to reply so i can only imagine he is satisfied after all. 

On a personal note your kindness agenda is wearing a bit thin and IMO is every bit as insincere as your attempts at honest debate.

You have misrepresented what i said and criticised me for it, a trait i have observed from you often. That's not very kind is it?