Stuart Lyon

Even More SNP Nonsense

Ainsley Harriott
45 minutes ago, Boof said:

Readers should also note that the so-called 'promise' I asked Ainsley to verify was merely the journalist's interpretation of what Sturgeon said viz (presuming the text quoted in the article is accurate)

"And we will work to ensure that people in Scotland have the chance to determine our own future – by deciding whether we wish to become an independent country."

By my reading 'work to ensure' does not equate to 'promise'.

Then again, I'm not straw-clutchingly trying - and failing - to prove some point.

The definition of the word ensure: make certain that (something) will occur or be the case.

Get yourself back to clutching those straws

Boof
3 minutes ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

The definition of the word ensure: make certain that (something) will occur or be the case.

Get yourself back to clutching those straws

And she will work to achieve that.

The only people seeing that as a concrete promise to deliver a second independence referendum are either the hard-of-understanding or wilful trolls.

Which are you?

Ainsley Harriott
3 minutes ago, Boof said:

And she will work to achieve that.

The only people seeing that as a concrete promise to deliver a second independence referendum are either the hard-of-understanding or wilful trolls.

Which are you?

So she stood on a promise she cant fulfil in order to win votes from dim wits. Even the wee alky hibs fan pointed this out and you still lap her up. 

Space Mackerel
1 minute ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

So she stood on a promise she cant fulfil in order to win votes from dim wits. Even the wee alky hibs fan pointed this out and you still lap her up. 

GET

BREXIT 

DONE

Have we left the EU yet? 

Ainsley Harriott
Just now, Space Mackerel said:

GET

BREXIT 

DONE

Have we left the EU yet? 

Nope but I guarantee we will. How soon will scotland be independent?

Boof

Where's the ****ing promise?

Christ you SNP-baaaad lot are hard work.

Or bloody good at trolling.

Ainsley Harriott
Just now, Boof said:

Where's the ****ing promise?

Christ you SNP-baaaad lot are hard work.

Or bloody good at trolling.

Sorry a commitment to ensure something. Is that better?

Space Mackerel
7 minutes ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

Nope but I guarantee we will. How soon will scotland be independent?

What type of Brexit then? 

I’ll say within next 5 years. Guaranteed. And back in the EU like we are now. 

Ainsley Harriott
Just now, Space Mackerel said:

What type of Brexit then? 

I’ll say within next 5 years. Guaranteed. And back in the EU like we are now. 

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Some Saturday night tipple you're enjoying this evening 

Ainsley Harriott
Posted (edited)

Scotland will be independent and back in the EU within 5 years. Your heard it here first folks 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Edited by Ainsley Harriott

Roxy Hearts
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, jake said:

There was a very good article by the adam smith institute that put forward the economic case for independence.

Answered the currency question and the lack of a central bank head on.

Not sure its palatable for the Scottish electorate.

In fact it said that Scotland would undoubtedly prosper.

I've not read it. Just a summary of Smith himself and the bits that chimed with me. Scotland is a great nation outwith the UK thought processes as we have always had our own legal and education system. I just think we have drifted apart, politically. 

Edited by Roxy Hearts

Roxy Hearts
16 minutes ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

Scotland will be independent and back in the EU within 5 years. Your heard it here first folks 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

May be less 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Space Mackerel
21 minutes ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Some Saturday night tipple you're enjoying this evening 

20 minutes ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

Double posts usually is a sign of nervousness. 

Boof
34 minutes ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

Sorry a commitment to ensure something. Is that better?

Getting there.

But like the other anti-indyref folk I've interacted with on this thread, it would have weakened your argument to post accurate information. 

That speaks louder than the hysterical sound-bites we've been subjected to.

Ainsley Harriott
7 minutes ago, Space Mackerel said:

Double posts usually is a sign of nervousness. 

Ridiculous claims is usually a sign of stupidity 

Pasquale for King
On 16/12/2019 at 17:07, Space Mackerel said:

EL02Yb6WsAA7rxy.jpg

EL02Yb7WsAAX_D4.jpg

EL02Yb8WoAAmhCn.jpg

EL02Yb9WsAAo39O.jpg

Only applies to British Nationalists/Separatists it seems.

Pasquale for King
48 minutes ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

Exactly what Johnson did, and you voted for it. Brexit is a long way from getting done.

Ainsley Harriott
Just now, Pasquale for King said:

Exactly what Johnson did, and you voted for it. Brexit is a long way from getting done.

I'm not in favour of Brexit and I didn't vote Tory. Dont assume everyone who isn't pro independence is a Tory Brexiteer.

Pasquale for King
12 minutes ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

I'm not in favour of Brexit and I didn't vote Tory. Dont assume everyone who isn't pro independence is a Tory Brexiteer.

I mistakenly thought you typing Get Brexit done meant you were in favour, thanks for narrowing it down.

Ainsley Harriott
Just now, Pasquale for King said:

I mistakenly thought you typing Get Brexit done meant you were in favour, thanks for narrowing it down.

That was makeral being daft and me humoring him/her/it. 

Space Mackerel
6 minutes ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

That was makeral being daft and me humoring him/her/it. 

After we “leave the EU” at end of Jan and the U.K. moves into a transitional phase, what does Get Brexit Done mean? 

Space Mackerel
25 minutes ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

You’re in favour of the Scottish Labour Party leaving the U.K. Labour Party? 

A Scottish Independent Labour Party? 

Ainsley Harriott
Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Space Mackerel said:

You’re in favour of the Scottish Labour Party leaving the U.K. Labour Party? 

A Scottish Independent Labour Party? 

Who said I voted Labour 

Ainsley Harriott

9 minutes ago, Space Mackerel said:

After we “leave the EU” at end of Jan and the U.K. moves into a transitional phase, what does Get Brexit Done mean? 

It means we then leave the EU in December. Tell me again when does Scotland leave the United Kingdom? Please say it again I'm still cracking up 

frankblack
Posted (edited)
29 minutes ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

It means we then leave the EU in December. Tell me again when does Scotland leave the United Kingdom? Please say it again I'm still cracking up 

According to some above we will leave within 5 years, which is going to be some achievement since there won't be a General Election to change government to one sympathetic to grant a section 30 order.

Edited by frankblack

Zlatanable

When Nicola Sturgeon announced #Indyref2 , Monday 13th March 2017 at about 10:30am, I was off out. That night, I expected Twitter to be an onslaught. Instead, it was like the oxygen had been removed from the post-2014 energy.

Since then, in my opinion, #Indyref2 has never recovered from it's false start. 

Also, since then, I believe Nicola Sturgeon seems like she would prefer a role at the UN/EU/WHO something like that, doing work to benefit children, where she is almost universally accepted and praised, rather than the FM of Scotland. 

I fully accept that the Scottish Parliament has a democratic mandate to seek #indyref2, but I do not believe that the Scottish Parliament has a moral mandate to seek #indyref2 , as Nicola Sturgeon made it clear that one of the 'triggers' was a change in opinion polls to favour a clear, new-founded support for Scottish Independence. This ought to work both ways, and since public opinion has not really changed, NS ought to have dropped #indyref2.

Zlatanable
21 hours ago, Boof said:

It seems we are - you appear to agree that the number of people who voted to remain part of the UK is NOT the majority of people in Scotland.

Well done. It took some time but you finally got there.

As I've already said - when I see bullshit - I'll point it out.

:rofl: 

Hello @Boof, I feel the need to apologise to you as I was drinking some pure and strong vodka last night, and have little recollection of this conversation, except that I was very annoyed with you, as I reckoned you were being ridiculously pedantic.

I'm sorry for trying to discuss something when I was drunk. 

Boof
41 minutes ago, Zlatanable said:

Hello @Boof, I feel the need to apologise to you as I was drinking some pure and strong vodka last night, and have little recollection of this conversation, except that I was very annoyed with you, as I reckoned you were being ridiculously pedantic.

I'm sorry for trying to discuss something when I was drunk. 

Worry not, my good Jambo.

At one point I did have a post typed out wondering if you were pished but thought it would be too rude to post :lol: 

I'm sure everyone wants more or less the same things in life - it's just how we achieve them - individually and collectively - that seems to be the main area of disagreement.

Once again - peace out :) 

Zlatanable
15 minutes ago, Boof said:

Worry not, my good Jambo.

At one point I did have a post typed out wondering if you were pished but thought it would be too rude to post :lol: 

I'm sure everyone wants more or less the same things in life - it's just how we achieve them - individually and collectively - that seems to be the main area of disagreement.

Once again - peace out :) 

Thank you for replying, and replying with kindness. 

Ainsley Harriott

Good to see Boris standing up for the majority of Scots that have already chosen to remain as part of the UK.

coconut doug
12 minutes ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

Good to see Boris standing up for the majority of Scots that have already chosen to remain as part of the UK.

The majority of Scots did not choose to remain part of the UK.

Scots born voters voted for independence, did you not know this?

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/politics/independence-referendum-figures-revealed-majority-5408163

Ainsley Harriott
3 minutes ago, coconut doug said:

The majority of Scots did not choose to remain part of the UK.

Scots born voters voted for independence, did you not know this?

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/politics/independence-referendum-figures-revealed-majority-5408163

Apologies I will correct that to the majority of people living in scotland. 

coconut doug

Apologies I will correct that to the majority of people living in scotland. 

And you will still be wrong. 

Does that now mean that you think it good that Boris is standing up for the minority of Scots born and Scots resident who voted to remain in the UK?

Ainsley Harriott
3 minutes ago, coconut doug said:

And you will still be wrong. 

Does that now mean that you think it good that Boris is standing up for the minority of Scots born and Scots resident who voted to remain in the UK?

Please explain how your separatist side lost then? Feeling you're talking sh*te.

coconut doug
Just now, Ainsley Harriott said:

Please explain how your separatist side lost then? Feeling you're talking sh*te.

The No side won a majority of the votes cast. That majority was not big enough to represent 50% of the electorate as around 12% of the electorate did not vote. 

Ainsley Harriott
Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, coconut doug said:

The No side won a majority of the votes cast. That majority was not big enough to represent 50% of the electorate as around 12% of the electorate did not vote. 

Ok so hes defending the majority of people who chose to cast their vote during this once in a generation referendum. Good on him.

Trapper John McIntyre

Whenever Buffoon Blackford appears on the box

gjcc
1 minute ago, Trapper John McIntyre said:

Whenever Buffoon Blackford appears on the box

Increase the volume? Good man. :sweeet:

coconut doug
34 minutes ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

Ok so hes defending the majority of people who chose to cast their vote during this once in a generation referendum. Good on him.

Defending this minority from what? 

frankblack
42 minutes ago, coconut doug said:

I was raised by parents who were children growing up during WW2 where the sacrifices of others gave us our freedoms, and if you don't vote you lose the right to complain if you don't like what is elected.

Trapper John McIntyre
4 minutes ago, gjcc said:

Increase the volume? Good man. :sweeet:

They need to increase the seating area for the fat rogue.

coconut doug
2 minutes ago, frankblack said:

I was raised by parents who were children growing up during WW2 where the sacrifices of others gave us our freedoms, and if you don't vote you lose the right to complain if you don't like what is elected.

I might have agreed more then but tbh i can quite understand why people don't vote and especially so in the last election. One of the freedoms we have is the right not to vote. You do not lose your right to complain because you did not vote, many people actively do not vote and those people are legitimate members of our society. Nevertheless we have a PM who was elected on a smaller proportion of the vote in the UK than the SNP got in Scotland. He also got a smaller proportion than the losing side got in the Indy referendum. Despite this our system allows the Tories to deny Scotland deciding our constitutional future while they with their smaller vote share get to determine our future relationship with the EU.

I don't think there would be a majority for Indy right now so the delay suits our cause IMO and so do the double standards. Perhaps the thing i will enjoy most about Indy when it does come is knowing that the increase in support over the years and the final victory will be primarily because of the stupidity and hypocrisy of many of its opponents. So few of them act in good faith citing democracy when it suits and denying it when it does not. 

My family also contributed in WW2. They fought with the allies, what side were yours on?  

Ainsley Harriott
29 minutes ago, coconut doug said:

Defending this minority from what? 

The rigmarol of another referendum. Looks like you sore losers will need to accept you ain't getting your rematch anytime soon. 

frankblack
1 hour ago, coconut doug said:

I might have agreed more then but tbh i can quite understand why people don't vote and especially so in the last election. One of the freedoms we have is the right not to vote. You do not lose your right to complain because you did not vote, many people actively do not vote and those people are legitimate members of our society. Nevertheless we have a PM who was elected on a smaller proportion of the vote in the UK than the SNP got in Scotland. He also got a smaller proportion than the losing side got in the Indy referendum. Despite this our system allows the Tories to deny Scotland deciding our constitutional future while they with their smaller vote share get to determine our future relationship with the EU.

I don't think there would be a majority for Indy right now so the delay suits our cause IMO and so do the double standards. Perhaps the thing i will enjoy most about Indy when it does come is knowing that the increase in support over the years and the final victory will be primarily because of the stupidity and hypocrisy of many of its opponents. So few of them act in good faith citing democracy when it suits and denying it when it does not. 

My family also contributed in WW2. They fought with the allies, what side were yours on?  

A PM who got 365 seats to the SNP's 48 seats sure does have a democratic mandate.

The constitutional powers you seek were never part of devolution.

Maternal grandfather was a Japanese pow whose story was much like The Railway man film.  Survived but was 4 stone from 6"2 height.   Paternal grandfather fought in WW1.

Zlatanable
4 hours ago, coconut doug said:

'Nevertheless we have a PM who was elected on a smaller proportion of the vote in the UK than the SNP got in Scotland. He also got a smaller proportion than the losing side got in the Indy referendum.'

Hi, @coconut doug. Hope you are well, and having a good new year. 

I read these sentences of yours, and they annoyed me.

Then later you said 'Perhaps the thing i will enjoy most about Indy when it does come is knowing that the increase in support over the years and the final victory will be primarily because of the stupidity and hypocrisy of many of its opponents.'

I can't detect your philosophy of living from a few phrases, yet I can detect you seem intolerant, unforgiving and sadistic. 

Space Mackerel
5 hours ago, coconut doug said:

I'm quite enjoying the slow break up of the Dis-United Kingdom too.

It's like starting a Netflix box set and you can't turn it off. 😄

Zlatanable
40 minutes ago, Space Mackerel said:

Are you enjoying the fractures within the EU?

frankblack
38 minutes ago, Space Mackerel said:

Is that box set one that lasts for at least 5 years like this parliament?

Space Mackerel
1 minute ago, frankblack said:

Is that box set one that lasts for at least 5 years like this parliament?

5 seasons? I might take tomorrow off. 😁

manaliveits105

Krankies erse kicked in the big parliament today