Jump to content
Stuart Lyon

Even More SNP Nonsense

Recommended Posts

Hasselhoff
1 hour ago, ri Alban said:

A xenophobic ref that banned EU residents from voting

 

 

 

Have you not suggested in the past that the next indyref should be limited to only Scots being allowed to vote? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jambo_Gaz
2 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Pish!

 

So you believe the SNP are right to press ahead testing barely literate kids against the will of parliament?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
i8hibsh
On 07/09/2018 at 14:27, ri Alban said:

:facepalm:Away and don't talk pish.

 

 

Independence! How's that for ambition. 

 

Dependent on Brussels and almost every single Union and treaty on the planet outwith big bad Westminster you mean?

 

 

:fonzie:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Boris
10 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

 

Dependent on Brussels and almost every single Union and treaty on the planet outwith big bad Westminster you mean?

 

 

:fonzie:

 

 Whereas the UK post Brexit is the same, just without the (misleading) Brussels you mention.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ri Alban
Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, Hasselhoff said:

 

Have you not suggested in the past that the next indyref should be limited to only Scots being allowed to vote? 

Yip, to make a point, as in brexit. But it's ok for Wm to stop EU residents voting,(Won them their so called sovereignty back). But anti English to suggest the same for us. Go figure!

Edited by ri Alban

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ri Alban
3 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

 

Dependent on Brussels and almost every single Union and treaty on the planet outwith big bad Westminster you mean?

 

 

:fonzie:

Feck! That was ages ago, big yin.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ri Alban
9 hours ago, Jambo_Gaz said:

 

So you believe the SNP are right to press ahead testing barely literate kids against the will of parliament?

I'd leave teaching to the teachers. But if annoys you. C'mon the SNP.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jack D and coke
12 hours ago, Hasselhoff said:

 

Have you not suggested in the past that the next indyref should be limited to only Scots being allowed to vote? 

I said that before the last indyref, I don’t see a problem with that tbh. I’d extend it to Scots living in the British isles too as it affects them but an EU citizen shouldn’t have a vote imo. 

If for instance I lived in Catalonia I’d never vote in their referendums just out of respect tbh. It’s far too emotional a vote for someone who’s not from here to properly understand. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Pans Jambo
17 hours ago, jack D and coke said:

I said that before the last indyref, I don’t see a problem with that tbh. I’d extend it to Scots living in the British isles too as it affects them but an EU citizen shouldn’t have a vote imo. 

If for instance I lived in Catalonia I’d never vote in their referendums just out of respect tbh. It’s far too emotional a vote for someone who’s not from here to properly understand. 

I dont disagree with this but in the same manner, should we allow English born people living in Scotland to vote on Scottish Independence?

Opens a can of worms.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jack D and coke
2 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

I dont disagree with this but in the same manner, should we allow English born people living in Scotland to vote on Scottish Independence?

Opens a can of worms.

I guess the answer is yes. Affects them also and they at least get the emotional side of it too. 

I suppose when you think about it if you’ve lived here long enough you should get a vote. 

I’d still abstain if I was living in Catalonia for example. I’d leave it to the natives to decide and accept their decision. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Space Mackerel
58 minutes ago, Jambo_Gaz said:

 

500 word essay on Tory austerity implemented under Cameron and Clegg since 2010 please. 

 

I’ll accept failing schools in England and Wales if you get writers block. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
maroonlegions
10 hours ago, ri Alban said:

:raging: SNP!

 

 

Look closer to home in the form of  the new prime minister in waiting , yes Boris the clown DID utter these words once. 

 

Image may contain: 1 person, text
 
 
Squeaky clean Tories eh.. casting the first stone and all that jazz..
 
 
default_suso2.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Pans Jambo

SNP nowhere NEAR perfect.

Name me ONE political party today that could do ANY better in Scotland thats currently doing well in ANY measurable way ANYWHERE else in the UK right now or in the last 10 years???

 

One. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ri Alban
55 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

SNP nowhere NEAR perfect.

Name me ONE political party today that could do ANY better in Scotland thats currently doing well in ANY measurable way ANYWHERE else in the UK right now or in the last 10 years???

 

One. 

13 Tory MPs wrote a letter to the future PM, to bypass Holyrood. Scum!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ri Alban
1 hour ago, maroonlegions said:

 

 

Look closer to home in the form of  the new prime minister in waiting , yes Boris the clown DID utter these words once. 

 

Image may contain: 1 person, text
 
 
Squeaky clean Tories eh.. casting the first stone and all that jazz..
 
 
default_suso2.gif

Media blackout in Scotland about Boris.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
maroonlegions
15 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Media blackout in Scotland about Boris.

BBC media no doubt.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
dicksojo
1 hour ago, maroonlegions said:

 

 

Look closer to home in the form of  the new prime minister in waiting , yes Boris the clown DID utter these words once. 

 

Image may contain: 1 person, text
 
 
Squeaky clean Tories eh.. casting the first stone and all that jazz..
 
 
default_suso2.gif

Did this come from The National article which states at the top that it is a parody?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jake
19 minutes ago, dicksojo said:

Did this come from The National article which states at the top that it is a parody?

?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Justin Z
13 hours ago, maroonlegions said:

 

Look closer to home in the form of  the new prime minister in waiting , yes Boris the clown DID utter these words once. 

 

Image may contain: 1 person, text
 

 

No, no he did not, and spreading shit like this as if it were factual does nothing but make independence supporters look like morons.

https://www.thenational.scot/news/17699316.we-need-to-tax-the-grievance-monkey-unwashed-jocks-until-they-squeak/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Pans Jambo
13 hours ago, Pans Jambo said:

SNP nowhere NEAR perfect.

Name me ONE political party today that could do ANY better in Scotland thats currently doing well in ANY measurable way ANYWHERE else in the UK right now or in the last 10 years???

 

One. 

Still no response...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ri Alban

SPPA, FFS, fecking idiots.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ri Alban
Posted (edited)

What's going on with this wind farm in Methil? Get the finger oot and make the company employ local firms or GTF.

Edited by ri Alban

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SwindonJambo
1 hour ago, ri Alban said:

What's going on with this wind farm in Methil? Get the finger oot and make the company employ local firms or GTF.

 

That's protectionism and would go against EU procurement rules. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ri Alban
Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, SwindonJambo said:

 

That's protectionism and would go against EU procurement rules. 

I know, but seriously Indonesia? 

Edited by ri Alban

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TheOak88
On 15/06/2019 at 18:26, maroonlegions said:

 

 

Look closer to home in the form of  the new prime minister in waiting , yes Boris the clown DID utter these words once. 

 

Image may contain: 1 person, text
 
 
Squeaky clean Tories eh.. casting the first stone and all that jazz..
 
 
default_suso2.gif

The internet is not for you, mate. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Phil Dunphy
On 15/06/2019 at 18:26, maroonlegions said:

 

 

Look closer to home in the form of  the new prime minister in waiting , yes Boris the clown DID utter these words once. 

 

Image may contain: 1 person, text
 
 
Squeaky clean Tories eh.. casting the first stone and all that jazz..
 
 
default_suso2.gif

 

Scary how many people treat things they see on Facebook as being true.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jambos are go!

Westminister preparing to recruit and fund 20,000 new police officers. Under the Barnett formula this should provide  enough funding to recruit  more that 2000 extra police officers in Scotland to tackle the Drugs crisis so neglected by the SNP.  And the SNP played no part in getting that funding. Better together indeed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Roxy Hearts
14 minutes ago, jambos are go! said:

Westminister preparing to recruit and fund 20,000 new police officers. Under the Barnett formula this should provide  enough funding to recruit  more that 2000 extra police officers in Scotland to tackle the Drugs crisis so neglected by the SNP.  And the SNP played no part in getting that funding. Better together indeed.

It's our money anyway ffs. Formulas, budgets, allowances. We are our own country under servitude! Unionists missing the point as usual. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jambos are go!
59 minutes ago, Roxy Hearts said:

It's our money anyway ffs. Formulas, budgets, allowances. We are our own country under servitude! Unionists missing the point as usual. 

Empty rhetoric as usual.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
AlphonseCapone
1 hour ago, jambos are go! said:

Westminister preparing to recruit and fund 20,000 new police officers. Under the Barnett formula this should provide  enough funding to recruit  more that 2000 extra police officers in Scotland to tackle the Drugs crisis so neglected by the SNP.  And the SNP played no part in getting that funding. Better together indeed.

 

Paid for by taxes paid by Scottish people. They aren't gifting us anything. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Roxy Hearts
15 minutes ago, jambos are go! said:

Empty rhetoric as usual.

What's rhetorical about it? Give us our independence back and we can blame ourselves for our shortcomings and vote out the government when they fail. 

 

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jambos are go!
37 minutes ago, AlphonseCapone said:

 

Paid for by taxes paid by Scottish people. They aren't gifting us anything. 

The Barnett formula delivers more than our fair share IIRC.  And the SNP have not used their tax raising powers to deliver the extra money to fund 2000 extra police offers to tackle the Drugs emergency they have brought upon us.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
AlphonseCapone
1 minute ago, jambos are go! said:

The Barnett formula delivers more than our fair share IIRC.  And the SNP have not used their tax raising powers to deliver the extra money to fund 2000 extra police offers to tackle the Drugs emergency they have brought upon us.

 

I can't take you seriously if you are blaming the drug problem on the SNP. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jambos are go!
28 minutes ago, Roxy Hearts said:

What's rhetorical about it? Give us our independence back and we can blame ourselves for our shortcomings and vote out the government when they fail. 

 

 

 

 

 

Its all words and bluster with no facts to back it up. All rhetoric and no substance. 

 

In 1707 and 2014 we chose to join then remain in the UK unless you had not noticed. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jambos are go!
3 minutes ago, AlphonseCapone said:

 

I can't take you seriously if you are blaming the drug problem on the SNP. 

How convenient!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
XB52
5 minutes ago, jambos are go! said:

The Barnett formula delivers more than our fair share IIRC.  And the SNP have not used their tax raising powers to deliver the extra money to fund 2000 extra police offers to tackle the Drugs emergency they have brought upon us.

As you well know we have almost 1000 more police officers now than when the SNP first came to power 12 years ago. Meanwhile your Tory Westminster lot have reduced numbers by 20000.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
coconut doug
4 minutes ago, jambos are go! said:

The Barnett formula delivers more than our fair share IIRC.  And the SNP have not used their tax raising powers to deliver the extra money to fund 2000 extra police offers to tackle the Drugs emergency they have brought upon us.

 

The Barnett formula was designed to deliver a fair share. 

 

The SNP have used their  tax raising powers to deliver extra money which will be spent on whatever the government thinks is a priority.

 

Additional police officers in Scotland might not be the priority for number of reasons but in E+W where they lost 20,000 officers over the last few years it is. 

 

Scotland has a declining crime rate as opposed to an increasing crime rate in E+W across all areas but in particular to do with violent crime. E+W will have to restore their policing levels to deal with this but Scotland doesn't have the same problem and hasn't reduced their police numbers.

 

You seem to think that increasing the number of police in Scotland would alleviate the drugs crisis. Are you able to tell us how such additional resources might be best applied or are your comments only rhetoric?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Roxy Hearts
19 minutes ago, jambos are go! said:

Its all words and bluster with no facts to back it up. All rhetoric and no substance. 

 

In 1707 and 2014 we chose to join then remain in the UK unless you had not noticed. 

What bluster? You're a unionist for goodness sake. Deal with the shortcomings of Westminster. There's quite a lot. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Seymour M Hersh
1 hour ago, Roxy Hearts said:

What bluster? You're a unionist for goodness sake. Deal with the shortcomings of Westminster. There's quite a lot. 

 

So unionists can't be concerned with Scotland as well?  How very SNP of you.  Unless you're a party member you're not really Scottish eh?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Roxy Hearts
7 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

 

So unionists can't be concerned with Scotland as well?  How very SNP of you.  Unless you're a party member you're not really Scottish eh?

I'm not a party member. Just find the intellect of independence suits my thoughts. I would vote Conservative in an independent Scotland. I do loath some unionists though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jambos are go!
1 hour ago, coconut doug said:

 

The Barnett formula was designed to deliver a fair share. 

 

The SNP have used their  tax raising powers to deliver extra money which will be spent on whatever the government thinks is a priority.

 

Additional police officers in Scotland might not be the priority for number of reasons but in E+W where they lost 20,000 officers over the last few years it is. 

 

Scotland has a declining crime rate as opposed to an increasing crime rate in E+W across all areas but in particular to do with violent crime. E+W will have to restore their policing levels to deal with this but Scotland doesn't have the same problem and hasn't reduced their police numbers.

 

You seem to think that increasing the number of police in Scotland would alleviate the drugs crisis. Are you able to tell us how such additional resources might be best applied or are your comments only rhetoric?

Firstly, the BARNETT formula delivers over 10 % per head more in Scotland than it should based on a per head split. to suggest otherwise is a lie.

 

If your figures on please numbers are correct a depleted police force down south is helping keeping drug deaths down to a third of Scottish levels.

 

I think extra money from Westminster could obviously be used to help fight the war on drugs through increased community pleasing for instance.Is that not self evident?

 

Don't you want the money Westminster will hand over?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Seymour M Hersh
5 minutes ago, Roxy Hearts said:

I'm not a party member. Just find the intellect of independence suits my thoughts. I would vote Conservative in an independent Scotland. I do loath some unionists though. 

 

I'm not sure I get you there Byron Ferrari! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jambos are go!
1 hour ago, Roxy Hearts said:

What bluster? You're a unionist for goodness sake. Deal with the shortcomings of Westminster. There's quite a lot. 

Dear oh dear. I would have a more informed debate with a Haggis.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Roxy Hearts
14 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

 

I'm not sure I get you there Byron Ferrari! 

Used to be a Labour voter but changed my mind as didn't like the way they treated us Scots dummies. I was an unthinking sheep. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Roxy Hearts
9 minutes ago, jambos are go! said:

Dear oh dear. I would have a more informed debate with a Haggis.

I like haggis and folk more informed than me have answered your Barnett garbage. Narrow-minded parochial Brit, eh? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ri Alban
3 hours ago, jambos are go! said:

Its all words and bluster with no facts to back it up. All rhetoric and no substance. 

 

In 1707 and 2014 we chose to join then remain in the UK unless you had not noticed. 

Who's we. There was no vote in 1700s and the Scots were out voted by the help of foreign residents. Let's go just Scots, just like the EUref or is that racist, if so brexit is a racist.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jambos are go!
1 hour ago, Roxy Hearts said:

I like haggis and folk more informed than me have answered your Barnett garbage. Narrow-minded parochial Brit, eh? 

Please explain how they have answered my Barnett point?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Roxy Hearts
15 minutes ago, jambos are go! said:

Please explain how they have answered my Barnett point?

You honestly think that being given some of our own money instead of all it through a stupid formula serves our country best? Seriously? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...