Even More SNP Nonsense

Stuart Lyon

Trapper John McIntyre
1 hour ago, Pans Jambo said:

& what does the Scottish taxpayer pay for?

London Cross-rail. 

HS2 (this far). 

Heathrow Expansion. 

Renovating Palaces in London. 

The Channel Tunnel. 

Unwanted Nuclear Submarines.

Unwanted Nuclear weapons. 

Illeagal wars. 

Aircraft carriers that leak with no aircraft. 

Defence costs only to have defence greatly reduced & underspent in Scotland. 

Debt & debt interest payment on borrowing that Scotland had no say over. 

Administration & service costs for running Westminster & the House of Lords. 

The Royals & their sprogs. 

The BBC which then underinvests in Scotland. 

The useless Scottish Office. 

VAT (sent to England). 

Etc. 

Etc. 

Etc. 

All that? By God, what marvellous people.

• Replies 11.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Space Mackerel

• deesidejambo

• Pans Jambo

• JamboX2

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Trapper John McIntyre
43 minutes ago, jambos are go! said:

Nicola Sturgeon endorsing the figures by saying  she welcomes the improvement on Reporting Scotland  tonight.

Back from the Fringe, is she?

Trapper John McIntyre
2 minutes ago, Zlatanable said:

Might have been GERS then, might have been something else though. 

And we still have the Salmond trial to look forward to.

Mmm... can't wait.

2 hours ago, Trapper John McIntyre said:

You talkin' about the SNP's financial plans again?

You're a troll so you fit in well with pixies and fairies. Any intelligent Scot knows GERs is nonsense. If you believe it, why can't the UK government manage the UK? Why 2 trillion in debt, why no answers to anything, why are MPs not challenged, why do the MSM not highlight UK government failings, why should I trust the UK government? 

Trapper John McIntyre
Just now, Roxy Hearts said:

You're a troll so you fit in well with pixies and fairies. Any intelligent Scot knows GERs is nonsense. If you believe it, why can't the UK government manage the UK? Why 2 trillion in debt, why no answers to anything, why are MPs not challenged, why do the MSM not highlight UK government failings, why should I trust the UK government? 

You've lost me.

42 minutes ago, Zlatanable said:

This is the benefit of leaving the UK and being in the EU.

For instance, Ireland pay nothing to the EU. And they get all the benefits. 

On the other hand, Scotland makes many billions of pounds per year, and most of that goes to England. Not the other way around. Because of the MI5 and the hypnotism of the Main Stream Media. After poor Scots have paid their cash to support Rees-Mogg and the like, they give us a wee handout, through their sneers. 

Only Nicola Sturgeon stands up to this. 

England may have a population 10 times the size of Scotland, but we contribute more to them than they have ever done to us. Whisky isn't cheap.

As usual, these #GERS figures prove Scotland is sick of supporting England and the British Empire. Leave now. *

*Am I doing this right?

:gok:

:fonzie:

:olly:

21 minutes ago, Trapper John McIntyre said:

Oh yes I am.

Brit first and that's a huge difference. You can discern for yourself if you truly believe the garbage that's produced to show your country in a poor light. 

Trapper John McIntyre
Just now, Roxy Hearts said:

Brit first and that's a huge difference. You can discern for yourself if you truly believe the garbage that's produced to show your country in a poor light. 

'Raise the flag! The ranks tightly closed!
The Gnat marches with calm, steady step.'

7 minutes ago, Trapper John McIntyre said:

'Raise the flag! The ranks tightly closed!
The Gnat marches with calm, steady step.'

I agree, British Nationalists are a weird, servile bunch. Heads in sand, so I know what you mean! 

Why do you think Sturgeon made a big deal,on education as a main theme at the last election? Was it because their economic  case had been shot through?

24 minutes ago, BRUCEM63 said:

Why do you think Sturgeon made a big deal,on education as a main theme at the last election? Was it because their economic  case had been shot through?

It just might have been because Education was/is important to her. 🤷‍♂️

40 minutes ago, BRUCEM63 said:

My kids, nieces, nephews and grandchildren have had and are having a great education. Just because some devolved departments come under the remit of the Scottish Government doesn't mean they're badly administered. That's propaganda for you. It's guaranteed that anything the Scottish Government do is portrayed is bad because it's the SNP! 

Why don't we have full fiscal autonomy, then you can really vent your anger? Us Scots can't manage, eh? 

Edited by Roxy Hearts

7 hours ago, Roxy Hearts said:

My kids, nieces, nephews and grandchildren have had and are having a great education. Just because some devolved departments come under the remit of the Scottish Government doesn't mean they're badly administered. That's propaganda for you. It's guaranteed that anything the Scottish Government do is portrayed is bad because it's the SNP! 

Why don't we have full fiscal autonomy, then you can really vent your anger? Us Scots can't manage, eh? 

Good lick managing an economy with a 12.6 billion black hole 

they are stufffed without North Sea oil to sugar daddy their dreams 

15 hours ago, jambos are go! said:

London is in England the last time I looked on a map.

London and the south don't break England even. Why is the debt so big again? Aw naw, ABE is causing the UK debt. Pish!

28 minutes ago, BRUCEM63 said:

:rofl: Good yin!

6 hours ago, JackLadd said:

So only a 7% overspend on Scotland from big bad Westminster with UK as a whole 1.1%. Aye, sign me up Nicola. 

:facepalm:

Proven above GERS is a propaganda tool & the report isnt worth the paper its written on. Full of estimates and hot air. If it was a business financial report it would be dismissed out of hand and the books would be investigated by a corporate forensic accountant but naw! It gets a  puppet piece written about it by a BBC arsehole called Douglas Fraser who just loves the Scotgov doesnt he?

Your post says “overspend on Scotland FROM big bad Westminster”. Does that suggest you think we get our money from England?

Do you also think 8% population of the British isles is responsible for 50% of the deficit?

Wake up man!

50E53497-F574-435B-BE9B-B1B761D162F7.jpeg

1 hour ago, BRUCEM63 said:

They?

You not Scottish then???

16 hours ago, Pans Jambo said:

So its 100% accurate then is it?

Almost ALL of the figures are estimates (25 out of the 26 income figures)?

Scotland is responsible for almost all of the UK's deficit?

Really?

This really is the unionists "blanky" to cuddle up to isnt it?

Funny how many nationalists are completely devoid of any basic maths skills as a result of yesterday.

"How can Wales and Scotland make up 110% of the UK's deficit" - that's impossible! 

Pretty obvious that when London and the South East run a surplus that cancels out some of the deficit. 

There is no economic case for independence and that is where the campaign for Indy will struggle

28 minutes ago, Hasselhoff said:

Funny how many nationalists are completely devoid of any basic maths skills as a result of yesterday.

"How can Wales and Scotland make up 110% of the UK's deficit" - that's impossible! 

Pretty obvious that when London and the South East run a surplus that cancels out some of the deficit. 

There is no economic case for independence and that is where the campaign for Indy will struggle

Wow!

That means the deficit is EVEN higher than we fist thought! Good old England propping us up eh!

jambos are go!
33 minutes ago, Hasselhoff said:

The post was incredibly ignorant bought hook,line and sinker by closed mind nationalist zealots.

As I have said before I respect those who want independence because the believe in self determination. But not those try and hoodwink the electorate into thinking there will be no costs. 

21 minutes ago, jambos are go! said:

The post was incredibly ignorant bought hook,line and sinker by closed mind nationalist zealots.

As I have said before I respect those who want independence because the believe in self determination. But not those try and hoodwink the electorate into thinking there will be no costs. 

I don't think anyone is saying there wouldn't be costs, but using GERS as a true position of Scotland's finances is stretching it, IMO.

In other words, not saying there wouldn't be a deficit, but the notional one conjured up by GERS may not be what it would be in real life.

So it could be worse(!), but I suspect it would be lesser.

GERS is not an overview of the Scottish economy as a whole.  And it isn't intended to be.  To me it looks like an audit of public money in and public money out.  A lot of it is estimation (but within reason I suppose) but a lot of grey areas e.g. Scotland's share of wider UK spend (see previous regards 4.4% to defence).  That obviously impacts the top line, but would those monies be spent that way in an independent Scotland?

On the bright side the notional deficit is reducing...

44 minutes ago, jambos are go! said:

Closed mind nationalist zealots?

Oh the irony!

Of course zero “hoodwinking”

from the rabid unionist brigade (McCrone report, Iraq, Brexit to name but 3 that cost Scotland £Billions). 

You mention Respect and then you call folk that think Scotland could make better use its resources than the utter shambles that is Westminster “Nationalist Zealots”. 

Stinking Thinking from Loony Yoonies!

doctor jambo
1 hour ago, Boris said:

I don't think anyone is saying there wouldn't be costs, but using GERS as a true position of Scotland's finances is stretching it, IMO.

In other words, not saying there wouldn't be a deficit, but the notional one conjured up by GERS may not be what it would be in real life.

So it could be worse(!), but I suspect it would be lesser.

GERS is not an overview of the Scottish economy as a whole.  And it isn't intended to be.  To me it looks like an audit of public money in and public money out.  A lot of it is estimation (but within reason I suppose) but a lot of grey areas e.g. Scotland's share of wider UK spend (see previous regards 4.4% to defence).  That obviously impacts the top line, but would those monies be spent that way in an independent Scotland?

On the bright side the notional deficit is reducing...

GERS is not really accurate and fails to take into account many aspects of the Scots economy.

As a *cough* pro Union buddy even I acknowledge the stripping of much of out GDP through multinationals- banks, fishing, whisky, etc where the direction of income becomes incredibly opaque.

I suspect the books would be far more balanced if we were independent as we would be able to get a clearer picture of what was, in fact, generated in Scotland .

The whole austerity myth too would come tumbling down.

The economy is higher than it has ever been and outstripping spend, yet we are still seeing rising national debt.

To where?

doctor jambo

Coupled with the fact we are essentially a low population country made of coal, covered in cattle, sheep and crops that are turned into whisky. All of it floating on some of the worlds best fishing grounds, that sit on a gigantic lake of oil and gas, then it blows my mind that some would think we could not go it alone and be wealthy!

Problem is that our multi billion industries have been concentrated in the hands of not many people and provide nowhere near enough community jobs compared to their incomes.

What Diageo did to Kilmarnock remains disgusting. Took a town synonymous with a product , and removed that product, yet kept the town on the bottles!

Salmond should have applied for EU protected status for the Striding Man and had it based in Kilmarnock- If Parma can do that with its dried up piggy wiggy, we should do it too.

Arbroath did it with their smokies and Stornoway  with black pudding!

14 minutes ago, doctor jambo said:

Coupled with the fact we are essentially a low population country made of coal, covered in cattle, sheep and crops that are turned into whisky. All of it floating on some of the worlds best fishing grounds, that sit on a gigantic lake of oil and gas, then it blows my mind that some would think we could not go it alone and be wealthy!

Problem is that our multi billion industries have been concentrated in the hands of not many people and provide nowhere near enough community jobs compared to their incomes.

What Diageo did to Kilmarnock remains disgusting. Took a town synonymous with a product , and removed that product, yet kept the town on the bottles!

Salmond should have applied for EU protected status for the Striding Man and had it based in Kilmarnock- If Parma can do that with its dried up piggy wiggy, we should do it too.

Arbroath did it with their smokies and Stornoway  with black pudding!

I agree with the Kilmarnock point. I have many friends from there and what Diageo did to that town was disgusting. 

Salmond fekd up there. 

doctor jambo
6 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

I agree with the Kilmarnock point. I have many friends from there and what Diageo did to that town was disgusting. 

Salmond fekd up there. 

Probably thought "Johnnie Walker" was the guy he sent for his rubbers

jack D and coke
52 minutes ago, Justin Z said:

68705391_1235457713294424_2135688203221336064_o.thumb.jpg.620695dedc6f3f6389c533aba291c505.jpg

Sound.

Is that real? :lol: 

Take their country black? Wasn’t that what Brexit was about?

3 hours ago, Hasselhoff said:

A surplus of what £21b. What about the rest of England, they're way overspending. Then there's NI. 

Away and gie's peace.

1 hour ago, doctor jambo said:

GERS is not really accurate and fails to take into account many aspects of the Scots economy.

As a *cough* pro Union buddy even I acknowledge the stripping of much of out GDP through multinationals- banks, fishing, whisky, etc where the direction of income becomes incredibly opaque.

I suspect the books would be far more balanced if we were independent as we would be able to get a clearer picture of what was, in fact, generated in Scotland .

The economy is higher than it has ever been and outstripping spend, yet we are still seeing rising national debt.

To where?

This!

3 hours ago, Hasselhoff said:

London 34b southeast 20b east of England 6b. £60b surplus.

The Northwest of England alone has a deficit of £21b Wales £14 b NI £10b , then there's the rest of England. But hey, Scotland is responsible for 50% of the deficit. 👍

57 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Is that real? :lol: 

Take their country black? Wasn’t that what Brexit was about?

Haha I mean, I'm sure the bus is photoshopped, but the tweet seems legit. Most of us are able to engage our brains and realise the vast majority of people who would want English independence to go alone aren't that thick or reactionary or ridiculous.

jack D and coke
4 minutes ago, Justin Z said:

Haha I mean, I'm sure the bus is photoshopped, but the tweet seems legit. Most of us are able to engage our brains and realise the vast majority of people who would want English independence to go alone aren't that thick or reactionary or ridiculous.

I’ve checked it out it’s a real account. Opened about a week ago and send thousands and thousands of tweets. Something a bit fishy there methinks. 

jambos are go!
1 hour ago, doctor jambo said:

The economy is higher than it has ever been andficit outstripping spend, yet we are still seeing rising national debt.

To where?

There is still a deficit in the UK and as long as there is national debt will rise. Same for Scotland.

coconut doug
36 minutes ago, jambos are go! said:

There is still a deficit in the UK and as long as there is national debt will rise. Same for Scotland.

Scotland has no deficit or national debt.

doctor jambo
45 minutes ago, jambos are go! said:

But how?

how is there a deficit? 

GDP has grown for years, tax receipts up.

spending down.

ftse 100 riding high

cuts all over the place! Where is is all gone?

46 minutes ago, doctor jambo said:

But how?

how is there a deficit? 

GDP has grown for years, tax receipts up.

spending down.

ftse 100 riding high

cuts all over the place! Where is is all gone?

Foreigners and benefit cheats!

Just joking...paying off the debt, I suppose?

doctor jambo
3 minutes ago, Boris said:

Foreigners and benefit cheats!

Just joking...paying off the debt, I suppose?

It’s going up though

Just now, doctor jambo said:

It’s going up though

I must admit I'm no expert on economics/govt finance, but is there not two parts to national debt?  What we owe and the deficit itself?

So, like in the GERS report, the deficit may come down, but borrowing could increase?  Hope that makes sense!

1 hour ago, coconut doug said:

Scotland has no deficit or national debt.

Im no financial expert but what you claim can’t be correct.

“Scotland ran a deficit seven times higher than the UK as a whole last year, despite again cutting its overspend on public services.

The latest Government Expenditure and Revenue Scotland (Gers) figuresshowed there was a record gap of nearly £2,000 per person between how much was spent on public services and debt repayment, and total tax revenues for 2018-19.

Scotland’s notional deficit stood at £12.6bn or 7% of GDP, including North Sea oil revenues, compared with the UK’s total £23.5bn deficit, which includes Scotland’s figure. The UK deficit is equivalent to 1.1% of its GDP.

Total state spending in Scotland was £1,661 higher per person than the UK average at £75.3bn, while tax receipts were £307 less per head than the UK average, at £62.7bn. Excluding oil revenues, the deficit exceeded £14bn, equal to 22.5% of tax revenues.

Opposition parties said the data blew a hole in the financial case for leaving the UK. But Derek Mackay, the Scottish finance secretary, said it proved independence was needed to allow Scotland to control its own economic policies.

“I recognise that the notional deficit isn’t where we would want it to be,” Mackay said, but argued that Gers showed onshore tax income, excluding oil revenues, was up 5.1%, while employment was at record levels. “Revenues are growing faster than expenditure,” he added.

Mackay confirmed that the Gers data, which covers all UK and Scottish government spending in Scotland and a share of pan-UK spending on areas such as defence, overseas aid and debt reduction, was an accurate assessment of the country’s fiscal position last year.”

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2019/aug/21/scotland-2018-deficit-higher-than-uk-as-a-whole-last-year

https://www.thenational.scot/comment/columnists/16592780.scotland-has-a-deficit-but-these-figures-dont-tell-full-story/

“I’M not a deficit denier. Scotland definitely has an annual budget deficit and one that is too large for comfort, even if you take the latest GERS calculation – 7.9% of GDP – with a pinch of salt.”

Edited by Dannie Boy

3 minutes ago, Dannie Boy said:

Im no financial expert but what you claim can’t be correct.

“Scotland ran a deficit seven times higher than the UK as a whole last year, despite again cutting its overspend on public services.

The latest Government Expenditure and Revenue Scotland (Gers) figuresshowed there was a record gap of nearly £2,000 per person between how much was spent on public services and debt repayment, and total tax revenues for 2018-19.

Scotland’s notional deficit stood at £12.6bn or 7% of GDP, including North Sea oil revenues, compared with the UK’s total £23.5bn deficit, which includes Scotland’s figure. The UK deficit is equivalent to 1.1% of its GDP.

Total state spending in Scotland was £1,661 higher per person than the UK average at £75.3bn, while tax receipts were £307 less per head than the UK average, at £62.7bn. Excluding oil revenues, the deficit exceeded £14bn, equal to 22.5% of tax revenues.

Opposition parties said the data blew a hole in the financial case for leaving the UK. But Derek Mackay, the Scottish finance secretary, said it proved independence was needed to allow Scotland to control its own economic policies.

“I recognise that the notional deficit isn’t where we would want it to be,” Mackay said, but argued that Gers showed onshore tax income, excluding oil revenues, was up 5.1%, while employment was at record levels. “Revenues are growing faster than expenditure,” he added.

Mackay confirmed that the Gers data, which covers all UK and Scottish government spending in Scotland and a share of pan-UK spending on areas such as defence, overseas aid and debt reduction, was an accurate assessment of the country’s fiscal position last year.”

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2019/aug/21/scotland-2018-deficit-higher-than-uk-as-a-whole-last-year

Scotland/England/Wales/NI don't exist. 

2 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Scotland/England/Wales/NI don't exist. 

so all this newspaper talk, reporting Gers etc are a complete waste of time, energy and money?

Anyway here’s another decent read about Scotland’s deficit and financial management.

https://www.publicfinance.co.uk/news/2019/08/scotlands-budget-deficit-improves-despite-worsening-income-tax-revenues