Top Posters In This Topic

• Space Mackerel

• deesidejambo

• Pans Jambo

• JamboX2

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Phil Dunphy

I see Douglas Ross encouraged members of the SNP to name powers being ‘grabbed’ by Westminster today. 

Anyone know what their response was?

jambo lodge
1 minute ago, Phil Dunphy said:

I see Douglas Ross encouraged members of the SNP to name powers being ‘grabbed’ by Westminster today. 

Saw it, was brilliant. The collective that is the SNP at Westminster couldnt answer, wish he had shown them red card.

jambo lodge
29 minutes ago, flecktimus said:

Tory UK Gov refused to devolve to @CrownEstateScot the @TheCrownEstate share in Fort Kinnaird Retail Park in Edinburgh - now we know why - just sold for £167.3m. Scotland presumably not getting a penny despite Scottish asset. Absolute scandal. A huge sum.

Wonder how much investment the Crown Estate made at Kinnaird. Its good to post the full facts.

Phil Dunphy
1 hour ago, jambo lodge said:

Saw it, was brilliant. The collective that is the SNP at Westminster couldnt answer, wish he had shown them red card.

So they never actually responded to his open question?

Hm, seems odd when they staged a walk out over the issue.

jambos are go!
4 hours ago, The Continental Op said:

Strictly speaking it delivers a higher proportion per head of all public spending increases. It does not preserve the overall Scotland/UK balance, as it is designed to gradually bring about convergence with average UK spending.

Don't understand your post but given that it has been in place since 1978 increases will account for the vast bulk of current expenditure. Don't think a convergence policy  is in place but happy to hear differently. Read the link below for info about Barnett. Notice it says Scotland has a 16% per head advantage over England and does 'spectacularly well' out of it

https://news.sky.com/story/the-barnett-formula-explained-10389582 

Thunderstruck
4 hours ago, Phil Dunphy said:

Is this still available on VAR?

5 hours ago, Dannie Boy said:

Energy minister Paul Wheelhouse announced in October that fracking was “effectively banned” as the government unveiled the results of a four-month consultation that found overwhelming opposition to the process. Nicola Sturgeon later told MSPs: “Fracking is banned in Scotland – end of story.”

Fracking has not been banned in Scotland despite “mistaken” statements from Nicola Sturgeon and her government suggesting it had been, the Court of Session has said. A judge ruled that unconventional oil and gas extraction has not been outlawed in Scotland when considering a bid by petrochemical giants Ineos to start fracking in Scotland. At the Court of Session, Lord Pentland rejected Ineos’s attempt to overturn the Scottish Government’s decision to outlaw fracking on the grounds that a ban wasn’t actually in place.

Lies or incompetence from the SNP either way Sturgeon needs to resign. Misleading business and the electorate is inexcusable.

Eh?

Resign for what?

Protecting what's left of the environment.

While we can I'd hope the SNP would be brave and legislate .

Unfortunately if ever a trade deal such as TTIP came into force companies like INEOS would be able to sue democratically elected governments who reflect the overwhelming public opinion on this.

Have a go at Sturgeon but on this you are a mile away.

Also I'd remind those nationalists that the EU has similar rules which put business first.

31 minutes ago, jake said:

Eh?

Resign for what?

Protecting what's left of the environment.

While we can I'd hope the SNP would be brave and legislate .

Unfortunately if ever a trade deal such as TTIP came into force companies like INEOS would be able to sue democratically elected governments who reflect the overwhelming public opinion on this.

Have a go at Sturgeon but on this you are a mile away.

Also I'd remind those nationalists that the EU has similar rules which put business first.

Misleading the electorate, business and parliament. 

Ron Burgundy
13 hours ago, Phil Dunphy said:

They didn't have one.

Embarrassment.

jack D and coke

Am I right in saying that even though there isn’t an actual fracking ban because of this moratorium or whatever as long as the snp are in power they can’t frack? People don’t think that it’s actually very clever no? People want Sturgeon to resign for protecting our environment? 

Aye?

:cornette: 

Space Mackerel
18 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Am I right in saying that even though there isn’t an actual fracking ban because of this moratorium or whatever as long as the snp are in power they can’t frack? People don’t think that it’s actually very clever no? People want Sturgeon to resign for protecting our environment? 

Aye?

I believe the U.K. government sold them licenses to frack before the “ban” was put in inplace by Holyrood.

Ineos aren’t  happy hence why they’re making a big hoo ha about it. 

5D582C7F-84C1-42B4-92E1-5B959D270D55.jpeg

jambos are go!
14 hours ago, jambo lodge said:

Wonder how much investment the Crown Estate made at Kinnaird. Its good to post the full facts.

When you use the word 'presumably' in your evidence you are not posting the full facts just speculation.

Edited by jambos are go!

Thunderstruck
15 hours ago, flecktimus said:

Tory UK Gov refused to devolve to @CrownEstateScot the @TheCrownEstate share in Fort Kinnaird Retail Park in Edinburgh - now we know why - just sold for £167.3m. Scotland presumably not getting a penny despite Scottish asset. Absolute scandal. A huge sum.

The internet is a valuable source of information, if you bother yourself to look. 

http://www.crownestatescotland.com/

All our revenue profit goes to Scottish Government.

Phil Dunphy
2 hours ago, Ron Burgundy said:

They didn't have one.

Embarrassment.

So they staged a walkout over a power grab that they can’t give us any details on?

Thunderstruck
12 hours ago, Space Mackerel said:

Old news but the bigger question is how orders that had to go to open tender throughout the EU magically managed to find themselves placed within Scotland. 

I’m sure it had nothing to do with the yard being rescued, to much razzmatazz, by Clyde Blowers’ Jim McColl (at the time an SNP supporter) a few weeks before the referendum. A rescue that would have been unnecessary if Fergusons had been given a fair share in earlier years when the Scottish Government had its own vessels built in Poland and Germany. 

Ron Burgundy
13 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

So they staged a walkout over a power grab that they can’t give us any details on?

Maybe they just want to keep it a secret.

Thunderstruck
18 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

They have been back to the training ground practising for the next strop. 

33094203-71E4-4A6C-B97D-139DF3FB391B.jpeg

jack D and coke
3 minutes ago, Thunderstruck said:

They have been back to the training ground practising for the next strop. 

33094203-71E4-4A6C-B97D-139DF3FB391B.jpeg

That’s like something Tripper would post :cornette: 

Phil Dunphy
18 minutes ago, Ron Burgundy said:

Maybe they just want to keep it a secret.

Seems legit. 

They go about their business in such a dignified and subtle manner as well. 

Ron Burgundy
6 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

Seems legit. 

They go about their business in such a dignified and subtle manner as well. 

Probably don't want to trouble their cult following with tricky political shit until they have their freedom.

Phil Dunphy
7 minutes ago, Ron Burgundy said:

Probably don't want to trouble their cult following with tricky political shit until they have their freedom.

That’s probably it. 

Imagine if they gave their following any actual information other than “Tories bad, grrrrr”. 

:laugh:

Thunderstruck

Verhofstadt tells SNP that Leave means Leave for the entire U.K. and there can be no (Joanna) Cherry picking of bits to be able to stay or get favourable treatment. 

Maybe next time they can send Blackford to verbally abuse him. That’ll teach him. 

https://www.scotsman.com/news/guy-verhofstadt-scotland-obliged-to-follow-brexit-decision-1-4757296

13 minutes ago, Thunderstruck said:

Verhofstadt tells SNP that Leave means Leave for the entire U.K. and there can be no (Joanna) Cherry picking of bits to be able to stay or get favourable treatment. 

Maybe next time they can send Blackford to verbally abuse him. That’ll teach him. 

https://www.scotsman.com/news/guy-verhofstadt-scotland-obliged-to-follow-brexit-decision-1-4757296

Not sure anyone was under the impression that Scotland could?  Also, in a roundabout way, shows the EU's hand in reference to Northern Ireland.

No deal here we come!

jack D and coke
15 minutes ago, Thunderstruck said:

Oh did Mr Blackford be a bad man in the house of commons? 

Deary me grow up man :lol: 

Thunderstruck
3 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

He is a buffoon and a bully. The general view is that he went beyond the bounds of acceptable behaviour on Monday.

Playing the man and not the ball (only to be expected of a Hibee) as they knew there was no real point in the debate they created a strop about last week.

For God’s sake, they can’t even list the powers they are getting all steamed up about.

It is simple “maskirova” but I doubt you will see that. 

Phil Dunphy
31 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

You might know, what powers are we in danger of losing with this legislation?

Adam Murray
6 hours ago, Thunderstruck said:

Old news but the bigger question is how orders that had to go to open tender throughout the EU magically managed to find themselves placed within Scotland. 

I’m sure it had nothing to do with the yard being rescued, to much razzmatazz, by Clyde Blowers’ Jim McColl (at the time an SNP supporter) a few weeks before the referendum. A rescue that would have been unnecessary if Fergusons had been given a fair share in earlier years when the Scottish Government had its own vessels built in Poland and Germany. 

Guaranteed work for the Clyde workforce for at least the next two decades, would be under threat from an Independent Scotland as "Whether the Treasury would allow billions of pounds to be spent on the Type 26 in 'foreign' yards, is very doubtful". 

https://www.savetheroyalnavy.org/scottish-nationalism-continues-to-cast-a-shadow-over-the-royal-navy/

Edited by Adam Murray

Trapper John McIntyre
7 hours ago, jack D and coke said:

That’s like something Tripper would post :cornette: 

You found one of these powers the wicked Tories are stealing from the Poundworld Parliament yet?

Space Mackerel
3 hours ago, Trapper John McIntyre said:

You found one of these powers the wicked Tories are stealing from the Poundworld Parliament yet?

Why co you want your life governed from somewhere 400 odd miles away in another country by a government the majority here by a long way didn’t vote for?

Youre quite a strange laddie. 

Trapper John McIntyre
19 minutes ago, Space Mackerel said:

Why co you want your life governed from somewhere 400 odd miles away in another country by a government the majority here by a long way didn’t vote for?

What other country? I live in the United Kingdom.

Phil Dunphy
10 hours ago, Space Mackerel said:

Has anyone told us what powers the Tories are trying to take away from Scotland yet?

14 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

Has anyone told us what powers the Tories are trying to take away from Scotland yet?

Nope, nothing but avoidance and deflection, you'd almost think some on here were SNP MP's. 

Space Mackerel
25 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

Im guessing you’ll be ****** a hoop when the U.K. government starts fracking in your back yard and you start chomping on  mutated plants? 

Thunderstruck
36 minutes ago, Space Mackerel said:

Im guessing you’ll be ****** a hoop when the U.K. government starts fracking in your back yard and you start chomping on  mutated plants? 

Wait until Sir Jim decides to close Grangemouth because importing shale products from the US is too expensive. I imagine we will then find out what Sturgeon’s ban is made of. 

Maybe you can now answer this question: 

If extracting Shale gas was identified as a vital part of the post-independence Scottish economy, would your anti-fracking stance tell you that independence wouldn’t be worth it? A simple yes/no will be fine. 

Geoff the Mince
1 hour ago, Space Mackerel said:

:laugh:

Ron Burgundy
33 minutes ago, Thunderstruck said:

Wait until Sir Jim decides to close Grangemouth because importing shale products from the US is too expensive. I imagine we will then find out what Sturgeon’s ban is made of. 

Maybe you can now answer this question: 

If extracting Shale gas was identified as a vital part of the post-independence Scottish economy, would your anti-fracking stance tell you that independence wouldn’t be worth it? A simple yes/no will be fine. 

Has he ever actually answered any question?

It'll be some copy and paste shite from Wings over Scotland or an amusing GIF.

Thunderstruck
24 minutes ago, Ron Burgundy said:

Has he ever actually answered any question?

It'll be some copy and paste shite from Wings over Scotland or an amusing GIF.

Not holding my breath. 

Phil Dunphy
1 hour ago, Space Mackerel said:

I’ll be happy if you can tell me what powers the Tories are trying to grab away from Holyrood.

Phil Dunphy
2 hours ago, Dawnrazor said:

Nope, nothing but avoidance and deflection, you'd almost think some on here were SNP MP's. 

Ah, to be fair. He joined a Hearts messageboard to talk about politics because none of his “real life” pals want to talk to him about it. 

It’s a bit of a shame for him really. 

21 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

I’ll be happy if you can tell me what powers the Tories are trying to grab away from Holyrood.

What like fishing, fracking, environment & such like?

Anyway, you lot dont get to ask questions anymore (said so pn the other thread). 

Will wokers rights be maintained after Brexit?

Edited by Pans Jambo

Phil Dunphy
8 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

Anyway, you lot dont get to ask questions anymore (said so pn the other thread). 

You lot :laugh:

I stand by my grow up point :thumbsup:

Phil Dunphy
9 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

What specific rights are Scotland going to lose?

18 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

What specific rights are Scotland going to lose?

Will the NHS be sold off bit by bit by the Tories?

20 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

You lot :laugh:

I stand by my grow up point :thumbsup:

Will financial institutions move en-masse to the EU after Brexit thus creating tens of thousands of job losses in Edinburgh plus, will Standard Life HQ move from Edinburgh???

jambo lodge
15 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

Will the NHS be sold off bit by bit by the Tories?

The SNP are currently in charge of the NHS in Scotland and are increasing the amount of privatisation year on year.