Even More SNP Nonsense

Stuart Lyon

42 minutes ago, coconut doug said:

The No side won a majority of the votes cast. That majority was not big enough to represent 50% of the electorate as around 12% of the electorate did not vote. 

I was raised by parents who were children growing up during WW2 where the sacrifices of others gave us our freedoms, and if you don't vote you lose the right to complain if you don't like what is elected.

• Replies 11.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Space Mackerel

• deesidejambo

• Pans Jambo

• JamboX2

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Trapper John McIntyre
4 minutes ago, gjcc said:

Increase the volume? Good man. :sweeet:

They need to increase the seating area for the fat rogue.

coconut doug
2 minutes ago, frankblack said:

I was raised by parents who were children growing up during WW2 where the sacrifices of others gave us our freedoms, and if you don't vote you lose the right to complain if you don't like what is elected.

I might have agreed more then but tbh i can quite understand why people don't vote and especially so in the last election. One of the freedoms we have is the right not to vote. You do not lose your right to complain because you did not vote, many people actively do not vote and those people are legitimate members of our society. Nevertheless we have a PM who was elected on a smaller proportion of the vote in the UK than the SNP got in Scotland. He also got a smaller proportion than the losing side got in the Indy referendum. Despite this our system allows the Tories to deny Scotland deciding our constitutional future while they with their smaller vote share get to determine our future relationship with the EU.

I don't think there would be a majority for Indy right now so the delay suits our cause IMO and so do the double standards. Perhaps the thing i will enjoy most about Indy when it does come is knowing that the increase in support over the years and the final victory will be primarily because of the stupidity and hypocrisy of many of its opponents. So few of them act in good faith citing democracy when it suits and denying it when it does not. 

My family also contributed in WW2. They fought with the allies, what side were yours on?  

Ainsley Harriott
29 minutes ago, coconut doug said:

Defending this minority from what? 

The rigmarol of another referendum. Looks like you sore losers will need to accept you ain't getting your rematch anytime soon. 

1 hour ago, coconut doug said:

I might have agreed more then but tbh i can quite understand why people don't vote and especially so in the last election. One of the freedoms we have is the right not to vote. You do not lose your right to complain because you did not vote, many people actively do not vote and those people are legitimate members of our society. Nevertheless we have a PM who was elected on a smaller proportion of the vote in the UK than the SNP got in Scotland. He also got a smaller proportion than the losing side got in the Indy referendum. Despite this our system allows the Tories to deny Scotland deciding our constitutional future while they with their smaller vote share get to determine our future relationship with the EU.

I don't think there would be a majority for Indy right now so the delay suits our cause IMO and so do the double standards. Perhaps the thing i will enjoy most about Indy when it does come is knowing that the increase in support over the years and the final victory will be primarily because of the stupidity and hypocrisy of many of its opponents. So few of them act in good faith citing democracy when it suits and denying it when it does not. 

My family also contributed in WW2. They fought with the allies, what side were yours on?  

A PM who got 365 seats to the SNP's 48 seats sure does have a democratic mandate.

The constitutional powers you seek were never part of devolution.

Maternal grandfather was a Japanese pow whose story was much like The Railway man film.  Survived but was 4 stone from 6"2 height.   Paternal grandfather fought in WW1.

Space Mackerel
5 hours ago, coconut doug said:

I'm quite enjoying the slow break up of the Dis-United Kingdom too.

It's like starting a Netflix box set and you can't turn it off. 😄

38 minutes ago, Space Mackerel said:

I'm quite enjoying the slow break up of the Dis-United Kingdom too.

It's like starting a Netflix box set and you can't turn it off. 😄

Is that box set one that lasts for at least 5 years like this parliament?

Space Mackerel
1 minute ago, frankblack said:

Is that box set one that lasts for at least 5 years like this parliament?

5 seasons? I might take tomorrow off. 😁

1 hour ago, Pans Jambo said:

OK I will indulge in some whatabootery...

£1.3 BILLION over budget (so far) 😆

(but the sick kids is late) 😭

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-51052124

Never mind - any debt would be divided proportionally if Scotland got independence. 👍

Edited by frankblack

1 hour ago, frankblack said:

Never mind - any debt would be divided proportionally if Scotland got independence. 👍

That give you a stiffie Frank? Scotland getting shafted? You quite like that it seems. 

1 minute ago, Pans Jambo said:

That give you a stiffie Frank? Scotland getting shafted? You quite like that it seems. 

No, it would be Scotland honouring their proportion of national debt.  Fair's fair and all that. 👍

22 minutes ago, frankblack said:

No, it would be Scotland honouring their proportion of national debt.  Fair's fair and all that. 👍

Not if Scotland didnt spend it but if thats the price to get rid of that shower of shite then its worth it. As long as Scotland gets its proportion of assets. 👍
We in the negotiating stages now Frank?

9 hours ago, frankblack said:

Aw naw!!! Proportional assets are running oot, anaw!

9 hours ago, Pans Jambo said:

Not if Scotland didnt spend it but if thats the price to get rid of that shower of shite then its worth it. As long as Scotland gets its proportion of assets. 👍
We in the negotiating stages now Frank?

I'm talking hypothetically to humour you guys since you have  a very long wait if ever to get Indy Ref 2.

Had the misfortune to be sitting opposite some marchers from yesterday on the GW to EH train in the evening. 2 lassies and 1 bloke all in their mid 20s who just had a foul mouthed conversation the whole journey. They asked someone what song they should sing and another passenger suggested Flower of Scotland. Thankfully they only new one verse. Thought it was a bit ironic that they were sharing a bottle of English Buckfast post march.

By the way I see there is still no Scottish bottled water on sale in W H Smiths at Waverley! Thought the SNP would have sorted this by now.

5 hours ago, Stuart Lyon said:

Had the misfortune to be sitting opposite some marchers from yesterday on the GW to EH train in the evening. 2 lassies and 1 bloke all in their mid 20s who just had a foul mouthed conversation the whole journey. They asked someone what song they should sing and another passenger suggested Flower of Scotland. Thankfully they only new one verse. Thought it was a bit ironic that they were sharing a bottle of English Buckfast post march.

By the way I see there is still no Scottish bottled water on sale in W H Smiths at Waverley! Thought the SNP would have sorted this by now.

FFS 😆😆😆

I hope you had a good day out

E3D148FE-EFEC-4473-A05E-792E255B9A7C.jpeg

7 hours ago, Stuart Lyon said:

Its “knew” one verse. 
And are you suggesting that Scottish Indy supporters should avoid products from England? Why would they do that? Scottish Independence is not about rebuilding Hadrians wall mate FFS!

29 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

Its “knew” one verse. 
And are you suggesting that Scottish Indy supporters should avoid products from England? Why would they do that? Scottish Independence is not about rebuilding Hadrians wall mate FFS!

i think the idea is that if you support Indy then you must hate the English and everything to do with England. It is therefor ironic that Indy supporters should buy an English product. Being pro Scottish is the same as being anti -English in their eyes. 

It is perhaps ironic that this poster found a carriage full of people that conformed to his stereotype of what an Indy supporter should be since my experience does not match his.

BTW It wasn't you he saw was it?          Hint It wasn't me either.

It's very important for Unionists to portray Indy supporters in a negative light at every opportunity whether they are truthful comments or not. As you know only too well their arguments are very weak and usually very poorly expressed and so Ad Hom attacks remain popular.

The march yesterday, like all the others, i believe was extremely good natured.  

3 hours ago, coconut doug said:

i think the idea is that if you support Indy then you must hate the English and everything to do with England. It is therefor ironic that Indy supporters should buy an English product. Being pro Scottish is the same as being anti -English in their eyes. 

It is perhaps ironic that this poster found a carriage full of people that conformed to his stereotype of what an Indy supporter should be since my experience does not match his.

BTW It wasn't you he saw was it?          Hint It wasn't me either.

It's very important for Unionists to portray Indy supporters in a negative light at every opportunity whether they are truthful comments or not. As you know only too well their arguments are very weak and usually very poorly expressed and so Ad Hom attacks remain popular.

The march yesterday, like all the others, i believe was extremely good natured.  

Good post. No, wasnt me either.

Seymour M Hersh
1 hour ago, Zlatanable said:

not yet

I heard (with zero corroboration) that he'd moved in with another person and she was looking to buy a place up at Gleneagles and to move in with another person. 

Edited by Seymour M Hersh

Seymour M Hersh
1 minute ago, Zlatanable said:

best not to speculate or repeat rumours in public. 

Oh paalease! This place is awash with both speculation and rumour! 

15 hours ago, Pans Jambo said:

Its “knew” one verse. 

:jjno:How no!

:D

17 hours ago, JAYEL said:

FFS 😆😆😆

I hope you had a good day out

E3D148FE-EFEC-4473-A05E-792E255B9A7C.jpeg

You know why the England flag is on top of the Scotland flag. It's not disrespectful, it was just King James wiping his sword on the Saltire.

maroonlegions

Meanwhile in little England and possibly coming to a school near you, yip, poverty detention.. Slipping back to the Victorian days.. 

Image may contain: possible text that says '#We AreCorbyr Nabboo #NoWarWithIran @Nabbooland One of my children has been told he will get a detention at school today. The reason? We can't afford the ingredients for cooking that the school only told him about yesterday. A poverty detention...is .is this fair?'

7 hours ago, maroonlegions said:

Meanwhile in little England and possibly coming to a school near you, yip, poverty detention.. Slipping back to the Victorian days.. 

Image may contain: possible text that says '#We AreCorbyr Nabboo #NoWarWithIran @Nabbooland One of my children has been told he will get a detention at school today. The reason? We can't afford the ingredients for cooking that the school only told him about yesterday. A poverty detention...is .is this fair?'

silly goose. Should have asked the local food bank!

On 15/01/2020 at 19:05, maroonlegions said:

Sounds like bollocks to me.

Any parent would tell their kids to go home at the normal time if it was as simple as that.  If further issues contact your local MP or MSP and it will be sorted.

STV reporting shocking A&E results in Scotland. Patients waiting over 12 hours for beds and ambulances. Consultant and NHS Lancashire boss saying it is unacceptable. The system is not coping. It’s a nonsense from the Scottish Government. No excuses folks get it sorted.

Space Mackerel
20 minutes ago, Dannie Boy said:

STV reporting shocking A&E results in Scotland. Patients waiting over 12 hours for beds and ambulances. Consultant and NHS Lancashire boss saying it is unacceptable. The system is not coping. It’s a nonsense from the Scottish Government. No excuses folks get it sorted.

Makes you wonder why Johnson does this?

https://news.sky.com/story/boris-johnson-to-enshrine-34bn-nhs-spending-pledge-into-law-11887014

Or are Scottish Health workers shiter than English yins? Like our oil?

Space Mackerel
2 minutes ago, Dannie Boy said:

Best to read the article first instead of a quick Google search that fits your narrative.

"The Scottish figures on Tuesday "aren’t bad" again, especially when you compare them to the Welsh and English stats."

Better luck next time though....👍

14 minutes ago, Space Mackerel said:

Best to read the article first instead of a quick Google search that fits your narrative.

"The Scottish figures on Tuesday "aren’t bad" again, especially when you compare them to the Welsh and English stats."

Better luck next time though....👍

“When I say they weren’t that bad, I mean relatively speaking. 

All the A&E targets were missed, 987 patients had to wait longer than 12 hours in November which is a record high and 85.5% were treated within four hours; the target is 95%. 

On their own those figures are appalling and a few years ago patients, doctors, officials and ministers would have been up in arms but not today. 

Why? Because it’s worse elsewhere in the UK and bluntly, we’ve all got used to it.” 
“Scotland A&E waiting times look pretty static today, 81.8% seen within 4 hours but number of people waiting more than 12 hours doubles in the second week of Jan to 349.. winter’s hitting” 

Bad is acceptable now. Never mind I’m sure First Minister “I won’t take lessons from anyone” will sort it out when she finds a bit of spare time when she is not pursuing her referendum need. 

As I said no excuses or even whataboutery. 

17 minutes ago, Dannie Boy said:

You do understand that the people waiting had been treated and were waiting for a place on a ward and in the other case an ambulance?

You do also understand that despite having been treated these people failed the 4 hour test because they hadn't been moved from A+E. Failing the 4 hour test in England simply means that they have not been seen. Scotland works to higher standards.

The people in the article had been seen, treated and were being well looked after. 

When you watched the item did you consider why the ITV national news had chosen to focus on Scotland to show the deficiencies in the NHS when the other 3 countries operate to significantly lower standards and produce significantly lower performance levels?

Did you notice that the reporter stated that Hairmyers hospital was in Glasgow when it is not in Glasgow and not in the Glasgow health authority area either?

Did you see anything in the report that you thought was shocking and demonstrated that the "system was not coping"?

Just now, coconut doug said:

You do understand that the people waiting had been treated and were waiting for a place on a ward and in the other case an ambulance?

You do also understand that despite having been treated these people failed the 4 hour test because they hadn't been moved from A+E. Failing the 4 hour test in England simply means that they have not been seen. Scotland works to higher standards.

The people in the article had been seen, treated and were being well looked after. 

When you watched the item did you consider why the ITV national news had chosen to focus on Scotland to show the deficiencies in the NHS when the other 3 countries operate to significantly lower standards and produce significantly lower performance levels?

Did you notice that the reporter stated that Hairmyers hospital was in Glasgow when it is not in Glasgow and not in the Glasgow health authority area either?

Did you see anything in the report that you thought was shocking and demonstrated that the "system was not coping"?

Oh I understand alright. The targets haven’t been met. 95% is the target and it wasn’t met. No excuses. 

“I’m not saying things in Scotland aren’t bad, they are

The NHS in all four nations is struggling to cope but when one country appears to be doing better it’s right to ask why. 

What Scotland doesn’t do well in is planned operations.. so the answer might well be that the NHS in Scotland has different priorities.”

Space Mackerel

I’m not so sure Danny has heard of this austerity that was policy of the successive Tory governments since 2010 😕 

Have you Danny? The GREAT BRITISH austerity project to re-capitalise the banks and government coffers after all their pals bust the capitalist system through their own greed in 2008? 

2 minutes ago, Space Mackerel said:

I’m not so sure Danny has heard of this austerity that was policy of the successive Tory governments since 2010 😕 

Have you Danny? The GREAT BRITISH austerity project to re-capitalise the banks and government coffers after all their pals bust the capitalist system through their own greed in 2008? 

No excuses. 
Ps who’s Danny?

10 minutes ago, Dannie Boy said:

Oh I understand alright. The targets haven’t been met. 95% is the target and it wasn’t met. No excuses. 

“I’m not saying things in Scotland aren’t bad, they are

The NHS in all four nations is struggling to cope but when one country appears to be doing better it’s right to ask why. 

What Scotland doesn’t do well in is planned operations.. so the answer might well be that the NHS in Scotland has different priorities.”

Do you have any information to show that Scotland does not do well in planned operations.

The targets haven't been met, you are correct but what are the problems around this A+E target that seems to have upset you so much?

Did you see any of the things that upset you in the article ?

Did you see this today? https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-51180944

2 minutes ago, coconut doug said:

Do you have any information to show that Scotland does not do well in planned operations.

The targets haven't been met, you are correct but what are the problems around this A+E target that seems to have upset you so much?

Did you see any of the things that upset you in the article ?

Did you see this today? https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-51180944

aye I’m waiting on a planned operation. 
95% is the target and it wasn’t met. 

No excuses. 

16 minutes ago, Space Mackerel said:

£4.3 BILLION!!!

Are they adding that on to the GERS figures too next year? 😁😁😁

This just the ones that have been settled, i think. There is another £80 Billion in the pipeline.  

NHS safe with the Tories!

21 minutes ago, Dannie Boy said:

No excuses. 

What is the figure and where is it that Scotland doesn't do well in comparison?

Space Mackerel
6 minutes ago, coconut doug said:

This just the ones that have been settled, i think. There is another £80 Billion in the pipeline.  

NHS safe with the Tories!

I read that after I skimmed the article.

£80 BILLION though, that must mean £8 BILLION on the GERS figures. Plus another £10.2 BILLION. on a train that only goes to Leeds or Brum. 😁😁😁

Space Mackerel
32 minutes ago, Dannie Boy said:

No excuses. 

Have you heard of “austerity” Danny? 

19 minutes ago, Space Mackerel said:

I read that after I skimmed the article.

£80 BILLION though, that must mean £8 BILLION on the GERS figures. Plus another £10.2 BILLION. on a train that only goes to Leeds or Brum. 😁😁😁

Whether it goes in gers or not, we will still have to pay our share.