Even More SNP Nonsense

Stuart Lyon

I'd expect those who want a more progressive Scotland to be....well a bit more progressive.

Instead we have a death wish for old people.

A willingness to excuse child poverty and homelessness with the age old tory cry of how will we afford it.

Even breaking down votes as which is the purer.

Scots votes

EU nationals

English

English parentage.

Let's change this round

Let's say it's the English National party members.

We only lost because

English voted for us

EU nationals didnt

Irish didnt 

Those with Pakistani parents didnt

Etc etc.

Oh and the quicker the old folk who didnt vote for us die the better.

• Replies 11.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Space Mackerel

• deesidejambo

• Pans Jambo

• JamboX2

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Space Mackerel said:

Absolutely INCREDIBLE  post from someone who is overjoyed at Scotland ( a country) being denied democracy by another country.  

Read the post I replied to and then think again.

Just now, Space Mackerel said:

Ok, how many affordable housing did the Scottish government provide since coming to power? 

You tell me?

And you tell me what's affordable.

A better indication as I have posted is the rise especially in Edinburgh of children in homeless accommodation.

Can you tell me the numbers in short term private let's?

Can you tell me the average rental costs in Edinburgh?

You say you are involved.

Typically answered like a politician from you once again.

Space Mackerel
2 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Read the post I replied to and then think again.

Nah, you’re alright. You’ve been posting with a wry grin on your face about Scotland not getting Indy2.

cheers

Space Mackerel
1 minute ago, jake said:

You tell me?

And you tell me what's affordable.

A better indication as I have posted is the rise especially in Edinburgh of children in homeless accommodation.

Can you tell me the numbers in short term private let's?

Can you tell me the average rental costs in Edinburgh?

You say you are involved.

Typically answered like a politician from you once again.

To buy a house in Edinburgh nowadays you would need somewhere in the region of 100 grand.

Thats what happens when you sell off the social housing stock back in the 80’s and don’t replace it.

Who did that? 

2 minutes ago, Space Mackerel said:

That's a target.

For 2021.

How many have been built so far?

What's the breakdown between mid market and social rent equivalent to council rates.

The 33% of this target they say is affordable what prices does that mean.

Because new build affordable flats in the Leith area are in the region of a qtr of a million for a one bedroom flat.

So please tell me how a young family on average wages affords a bigger new build ?

To buy a house in Edinburgh nowadays you would need somewhere in the region of 100 grand.

Thats what happens when you sell off the social housing stock back in the 80’s and don’t replace it.

Who did that? 

I'm well aware of the tories and their shite record on housing and Labours.

The SNP are and have been in power for 10 years.

Targets are fine .

What proportion of those targets have been met?

2021 to get there.

Genuinely interested and saying as you deal with these things as you say perhaps you can tell me.

Space Mackerel
7 minutes ago, jake said:

That's a target.

For 2021.

How many have been built so far?

What's the breakdown between mid market and social rent equivalent to council rates.

The 33% of this target they say is affordable what prices does that mean.

Because new build affordable flats in the Leith area are in the region of a qtr of a million for a one bedroom flat.

So please tell me how a young family on average wages affords a bigger new build ?

Can you not Google that stuff yourself jake?

Do what most people do, start of small and work your way up? It's not called the housing ladder for nothing.

5 minutes ago, Space Mackerel said:

Who did that? 

Please tell me these places in Edinburgh where you can get such a flat for 100k that would suit a family ?

And in these days of mortgages not being granted so easily do you know the average waiting time for a social rent house ?

Do you know the difficulty even obtaining a privately rented house in the city?

Dont try to stick up for something that's not just the fault of the SNP space.

Its unacceptable and given the examples of European countries regarding social housing is far from unattainable.

Space Mackerel
1 minute ago, jake said:

Please tell me these places in Edinburgh where you can get such a flat for 100k that would suit a family ?

And in these days of mortgages not being granted so easily do you know the average waiting time for a social rent house ?

Do you know the difficulty even obtaining a privately rented house in the city?

Dont try to stick up for something that's not just the fault of the SNP space.

Its unacceptable and given the examples of European countries regarding social housing is far from unattainable.

My mate picked up something in Colinton Mains for something like that, granted it needed gutted top to bottom.

Interests rates are pretty low and a good mortgage advisor is the best person to ask for that.

Can you not Google that stuff yourself jake?

Do what most people do, start of small and work your way up? It's not called the housing ladder for nothing.

You are the one who told me you had experience in the fields of budgets up and down the country.

You are the one defending the lack of action taken by our government.

That's why I'm taking you to task.

Ainsley Harriott
52 minutes ago, Boof said:

Presumably you'll have evidence to back up such a bold claim?

https://inews.co.uk/news/scotland/nicola-sturgeon-scottish-independence-2020-historic-year-1352143

Please note the article was an extract from an interview in 2019. The First Minister, who has called for indyref2to be held in the second half of next year in the wake of the UK's departure from the EU, said her government would "work to ensure" it took place.

Space Mackerel
1 minute ago, jake said:

You are the one who told me you had experience in the fields of budgets up and down the country.

You are the one defending the lack of action taken by our government.

That's why I'm taking you to task.

No jake, I talk to people who control millions of pounds for property repairs in local authorities. I'm not a personal finance expert. Thats your own domain.

My mate picked up something in Colinton Mains for something like that, granted it needed gutted top to bottom.

Interests rates are pretty low and a good mortgage advisor is the best person to ask for that.

Well done your mate.

Sticky plasters are not the answer.

Look it's up to you but whoever holds office should be open to legitimate criticism.

I've praised the SNP for a lot.

Housing is perhaps the most important issue affecting all four nations.

I'd like Scotland to do the right thing.

No jake, I talk to people who control millions of pounds for property repairs in local authorities. I'm not a personal finance expert. Thats your own domain.

😄 

If I'm a personal finance expert we are all feked .

I'm away see ye later.

Stop always towing the party line .

Space Mackerel
2 minutes ago, jake said:

Well done your mate.

Sticky plasters are not the answer.

Look it's up to you but whoever holds office should be open to legitimate criticism.

I've praised the SNP for a lot.

Housing is perhaps the most important issue affecting all four nations.

I'd like Scotland to do the right thing.

You should join a party, maybe the SNP and try to influence policy then?

19 minutes ago, Space Mackerel said:

You should join a party, maybe the SNP and try to influence policy then?

Prefer to bitch on kickback mate.

I know I know.

1 hour ago, frankblack said:

Sounds like North Korea is your ideal kind of society with censorship of the free press and government produced propoganda.

We have a fair and balanced media? Do you honestly and I mean, honestly believe that? How do people choose a party to vote for, what influences them? I've not met a person yet that's read a party manifesto. Nothing to do with N Korea. 

Edited by Roxy Hearts

On 16/12/2019 at 16:16, frankblack said:

Cult of Sturgeon mindset.

Voting for independence with a party that is deliberately avoiding giving answers on how they plan to implement independence is mind numbingly stupid.

I voted for the SNP in 2014 with the belief that they had done their research with their white paper.  That was a complete load of bollocks proven when the oil price crashed within months.

Knock yourself out - just don't criticise anyone who voted for Brexit if you can't truly say that the SNP have given the full facts and negatives of independence.

I'd rather remain part of the UK than put any faith in a separatist party who are less than honest on the damage their policies will cause.

natural-resources-info-copy-1-1024x576.j

57 minutes ago, jake said:

Yes because old people have no experience of lying politicians or media manipulation.

How do you get your information?

Is it only old people who disagree with you who you want to die?

I used to vote Labour as I believed them by watching the news and listening to my Dad. I changed my opinion when I realised we were being lied to. Old folk are mostly set in their ways and most are not for changing. My father in law buys the Daily Mail is an ex cop and liked Thatcher. 

Space Mackerel
4 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Copied and and pasted from some SNP blog no doubt.

9KifeoC.png

Another blooper from frank 😕

https://www.eaglebrae.co.uk/news/amazing-loch-ness-facts/

The most notable bit of trivia is the Loch’s volume of water. While Loch Ness is only second on the podium behind Loch Morar for the deepest body of fresh water in the UK, and again second behind Loch Lomond for the greatest surface area of fresh water It thrashes the competition when it comes to which holds the most volume of water!

Loch Ness holds an estimated 263 billion cubic feet of water, which is more than all the water in all the lakes, rivers and reservoirs in the whole of England and Wales combined! Loch Ness’s deepest points are over 800ft deep which is twice the average depth of the North Sea.

Being some 37 km long it means the volume is sufficient for every single person on earth to fit inside the loch 10 times over. So the next time you’re sat in one of the log cabins near Loch Ness admiring the view and you’re disappointed not to see Nessie, just remember you are already looking at something incredible – a lot of water!

Edited by Space Mackerel

Loch Ness holds an estimated 263 billion cubic feet of water, which is more than all the water in all the lakes, rivers and reservoirs in the whole of England and Wales combined! Loch Ness’s deepest points are over 800ft deep which is twice the average depth of the North Sea.

And the relevance of that answer is?

England have less than 10 years supply of water left and are reliant on getting supplies from Scotland as they are with Power to the North of England.

That is a fact not even Boris would lie about.

Space Mackerel
Just now, frankblack said:

6 minutes ago, frankblack said:

9KifeoC.png

:hartley:

2 minutes ago, Roxy Hearts said:

I used to vote Labour as I believed them by watching the news and listening to my Dad. I changed my opinion when I realised we were being lied to. Old folk are mostly set in their ways and most are not for changing. My father in law buys the Daily Mail is an ex cop and liked Thatcher. 

Think we in general as Scots are Labour minded (bit of a crap term).

Scots were not always though .

We were a conservative nation small c.

When you think of how strong Labour were in Scotland I think people do feel the same way you do.

Taking the steps to go full independent does scare many.

I dont think it's a case of being gullible.

If theres anyone who doesnt trust the media in general it's me.

It's been a monumental shift in politics up here to who were once labelled tartan tories with good reason.

Space Mackerel
Just now, wavydavy said:

England have less than 10 years supply of water left and are reliant on getting supplies from Scotland as they are with Power to the North of England.

That is a fact not even Boris would lie about.

They seem to have droughts down there quite often, I seen it on the news loads.

maybe they might get it from France though fter they leave the EU?

Who needs water anyways...?

7 minutes ago, frankblack said:

9KifeoC.png

No you are 100% wrong it is actually from Business for Scotland which is a group that help promote Scottish Business.

BfS campaigns for the business and economic policies that will allow our members’ businesses to thrive and bring greater prosperity to Scotland.  We publish articles that influence, provide expert opinion, evidence and advice to both the Scottish and UK Parliaments, we also organise networking events, conferences and dinners, and regularly produce impactful and unique research reports.

They seem to have droughts down there quite often, I seen it on the news loads.

maybe they might get it from France though fter they leave the EU?

Who needs water anyways...?

They seem to have more flooding than droughts in recent years.

They seem to have more flooding than droughts in recent years.

Have you ever drunk flood water? or tried to retain it for drinking?

1 minute ago, wavydavy said:

No you are 100% wrong it is actually from Business for Scotland which is a group that help promote Scottish Business.

BfS campaigns for the business and economic policies that will allow our members’ businesses to thrive and bring greater prosperity to Scotland.  We publish articles that influence, provide expert opinion, evidence and advice to both the Scottish and UK Parliaments, we also organise networking events, conferences and dinners, and regularly produce impactful and unique research reports.

Statistics can be used to represent whatever you want if given out of context and excluding whatever doesn't fit your argument.

2 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

Have you ever drunk flood water? or tried to retain it for drinking?

Irrelevant - I just countered Spacey's point that England is struggling with droughts.

What water shortages did England have last year that caused them to import water from elsewhere?

More to the point, if water is a resource Scotland can export, what would it cost to get it down to Kent?

Edited by frankblack

1 minute ago, frankblack said:

Statistics can be used to represent whatever you want if given out of context and excluding whatever doesn't fit your argument.

You should know all about that then given the replies you give rather than try and discuss.

Space Mackerel

ANOTHER incredible post from frank who has not used a fact or stat on this thread.

Space Mackerel

Irrelevant - I just countered Spacey's point that England is struggling with droughts.

What water shortages did England have last year that caused them to import water from elsewhere?

More mental knots frank?

https://inews.co.uk/news/environment/england-run-out-of-water-25-years-scotland-is-the-answer-505268

3 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Water in the not so distant future will be the source of conflict.

Might even see a regime change in Scotland much like we see now for other resources.

I dont think the SNP get the credit they deserve for halting fracking.

We do need to protect the resource of water .

I'm not sure if we can fully under devolvement.

And I trust one thing and that's the greed that will come from London regarding water.

Does anyone know what powers our current situation has over Scotlands water?

Who said anything about last year? They do not have enough water to continue to support the current and future demands and it's estimated they have about 10 years supply.

ANOTHER incredible post from frank who has not used a fact or stat on this thread.

No he can't figure out how to doctor the facts to suit his argument.

Just now, wavydavy said:

Who said anything about last year? They do not have enough water to continue to support the current and future demands and it's estimated they have about 10 years supply.

And you think it is cost effective to export it down to somewhere like Kent? Or perhaps build their own facilities?

Space Mackerel

His arguments get toasted every time.

Theyre not really arguments, its just the way he 'feels' 😕

Getting touchy that your argument doesn't hold water?

I can't be arsed posting random crap from untrustworthy sites like some on here - it proves nothing, but its easy to pick apart the arguments from the Nationalists on here.

Space Mackerel
22 minutes ago, frankblack said:

9KifeoC.png

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-business-49838304

Mr Ewing said: "We have one of the largest white fish markets in Europe in Peterhead, our boats catch 8% of the total EU landings and the industry turnover exceeds £500m each year.

"Much of that money is the lifeblood of some our most vulnerable coastal communities, and so what these statistics tell us is very important.

"It's therefore encouraging to see the total value of landings increase - although the story isn't positive across the board, with the total shellfish tonnage dropping again."

Edited by Space Mackerel

And you think it is cost effective to export it down to somewhere like Kent? Or perhaps build their own facilities?

Who said anything about piping water to Kent?  You are now saying they build "their own facilities" as if you are suddenly not one of them.

Space Mackerel

I can't be arsed posting random crap from untrustworthy sites like some on here - it proves nothing, but its easy to pick apart the arguments from the Nationalists on here.

Looks like the iNews and the BBC are fake now 😕

You are being idiotic if you are really suggesting that facts extracted from the Business for Scotland website are not relaible.

This is a well respected Scottish Enterprsie which helps Entrepreneurs throughout the country develop and promote their businesses and ideas.

Run along now if you can't be arsed.