Even More SNP Nonsense

Stuart Lyon

The Hogfather
12 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

You understand heehaw.

The SNP need hounded every time they feck up however; I'm not having folk on here pretend that the shit show in Westminster is the answer.

JUST LOOK AT IT!!!

Its a disaster. Boris et-al are a global laughing stock and a complete disaster zone yet folk come on here to take a pop a Scotland just to divert from the complete abortion coming from London. It's all over the news and has been for the last 3 years! Enlgish Nationalism is the reason we are in this clusterfeck of a situation unyet anyone sticking up for Scotland are "Nationalists".

Not having it mate!

No, I understand the psyche of people like you. It’s a classic victim mentality. You either can’t or don’t want to see that Scotland has problems that extend beyond the big, bad Tories down in London and that’s a shame for you. 

Are the Conservatives doing a fantastic job of running the UK? No. But to claim the only political party that’s “getting on with the day job” is the SNP? That’s worrying levels of denial. 

• Replies 11.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Space Mackerel

• deesidejambo

• Pans Jambo

• JamboX2

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just now, Nunya Business said:

No, I understand the psyche of people like you. It’s a classic victim mentality. You either can’t or don’t want to see that Scotland has problems that extend beyond the big, bad Tories down in London and that’s a shame for you. 

Are the Conservatives doing a fantastic job of running the UK? No. But to claim the only political party that’s “getting on with the day job” is the SNP? That’s worrying levels of denial. 

Again, you understand shit!

I'm no victim. I just know Scotland could stand on her own two feet and do it WAAAAYYY better than ANY party South of the border. I know this because I have lived under them for almost half a century.

They dont care about Scotland. We are just a cash cow and somewhere to hide Nuclear Weapons and dump their poison.

You keep thinking they love you, want you and protect your interests if that floats your boat. Now THERES worrying levels of denial.

8 minutes ago, Nunya Business said:

https://www.snp.org/nicola-getting-on-with-the-day-job/

I will welcome any arguments over the content.

The Hogfather
3 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

Again, you understand shit!

I'm no victim. I just know Scotland could stand on her own two feet and do it WAAAAYYY better than ANY party South of the border. I know this because I have lived under them for almost half a century.

They dont care about Scotland. We are just a cash cow and somewhere to hide Nuclear Weapons and dump their poison.

You keep thinking they love you, want you and protect your interests if that floats your boat. Now THERES worrying levels of denial.

There’s that victim mentality again. Lashing out at a complete stranger because they dared to criticise the SNP for something they’ve asked us to judge them on. 

I’ll politely ask you to quote any posts I’ve made stating that any political party loves me. Because that’s just a wild stab in the dark at a total stranger because they hold a different opinion from you. 

There’s that victim mentality again. Lashing out at a complete stranger because they dared to criticise the SNP for something they’ve asked us to judge them on. 

I’ll politely ask you to quote any posts I’ve made stating that any political party loves me. Because that’s just a wild stab in the dark at a total stranger because they hold a different opinion from you. 

Its almost like your playing the victim card...

Yes, the website of a political party is bound to be full of unbiased content. Well done sir, you are indeed the next Andrew Neil. 

So debate the point contained within it then.

The Hogfather
4 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

Its almost like your playing the victim card...

I’m waiting. 

What political parties have I claimed “love me”? What political parties have I insinuated “want me”?

Come on then. Indulge me. 

11 minutes ago, Nunya Business said:

I’m waiting. 

What political parties have I claimed “love me”? What political parties have I insinuated “want me”?

You will be waiting a long time for him to pull his head out of the sand.

Apparently if you are against Independence you must be a Tory union jack flying British Nationalist.  It just isn't a possibility to them that people think the SNP are a bunch of shysters with no substance to back their proposals since the infamous white paper of 2014 that had oil as the backbone of the economy. :rofl:

I expect other parties to expose their lack of detail on Indy in the coming weeks.   There is only so far they can go with this before their policies are ripped to shreds.

21 minutes ago, Nunya Business said:

I’m waiting. 

Where did I say that I "claimed you did"?

4 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Apparently if you are against Independence you must be a Tory union jack flying British Nationalist.  It just isn't a possibility to them that people think the SNP are a bunch of shysters with no substance to back their proposals since the infamous white paper of 2014 that had oil as the backbone of the economy. :rofl:

I expect other parties to expose their lack of detail on Indy in the coming weeks.   There is only so far they can go with this before their policies are ripped to shreds.

This is EXACTLY the type of poster that I bang on about on here!

The whole house of cards are falling around them and STILL they fly the union flag in support of their overlords.

Sad sad people.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
22 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

The whole house of cards are falling around them and STILL they fly the union flag in support of their overlords.

Sad sad people.

yeah but see if you’re getting bombed in Syria, it doesn’t mean you accept a one way flight to Iraq

3 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

yeah but see if you’re getting bombed in Syria, it doesn’t mean you accept a one way flight to Iraq

does if its the only flight available...

Actually, what you just said was it's better to get your house bombed and your family suffer than get a flight to a country thats not at war.

Really?

Edited by Pans Jambo

Dusk_Till_Dawn
Just now, Pans Jambo said:

does if its the only flight available...

Not if you think they’ll bomb the shit out of your there too.

Westminster and the SNP are poor, poor choices.

1 minute ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Not if you think they’ll bomb the shit out of your there too.

Westminster and the SNP are poor, poor choices.

SNP?

How about any party you like AFTER Independence?

Dusk_Till_Dawn

SNP?

How about any party you like AFTER Independence?

That’s never never land. I’d rather deal with the here and now.

It’s the SNP who are dragging Scotland towards independence as best they can and if you look at them closely, no-one should be fooled.

The Hogfather
1 hour ago, Pans Jambo said:

32 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

Where did I say that I "claimed you did"?

Right there. 

Like I said man, I pity you. I genuinely do. You must’ve had a hard life to be this resentful. 

1 minute ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

That’s never never land. I’d rather deal with the here and now.

It’s the SNP who are dragging Scotland towards independence as best they can and if you look at them closely, no-one should be fooled.

Never never land? Why? Because Scotland couldnt do it? Or because Wesminster is the shining light in these lands and we cant possibly survive without them?

Dusk_Till_Dawn

Never never land? Why? Because Scotland couldnt do it? Or because Wesminster is the shining light in these lands and we cant possibly survive without them?

Because the argument that Scotland could do it simply isn’t convincing. Westminster has many, many shortcomings but that isn’t a reason to be independent, not on its own.

1 minute ago, Nunya Business said:

Right there. 

Like I said man, I pity you. I genuinely do. You must’ve had a hard life to be this resentful. 

IF I said IF.

Pity me all you like I dont really give a feck. I resent that folk think Scotland cant go it alone because they think Westminster is the only way. Yes I have had a hard life, I had to endure 49 years of Labour and tory governments that Scotland didnt vote for. I'm done with that and I think the majority in Scotland are starting to feel the same.

3 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Because the argument that Scotland could do it simply isn’t convincing. Westminster has many, many shortcomings but that isn’t a reason to be independent, not on its own.

And round it goes...

The Hogfather
2 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

IF I said IF.

Pity me all you like I dont really give a feck. I resent that folk think Scotland cant go it alone because they think Westminster is the only way. Yes I have had a hard life, I had to endure 49 years of Labour and tory governments that Scotland didnt vote for. I'm done with that and I think the majority in Scotland are starting to feel the same.

Neither of the comments I quoted there have the word ‘if’ in them. But ok, whatever. You’re used to denying things that are put right in front of you, why stop now?

Between 1997 and 2005, Scotland voted for a Labour government and got one. So your last comment is just wildly untrue. 

Brighton Jambo
49 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Your last couple of sentences are key for me.

Right now we have an unelected BJ leading a toxic conservative government he’ll bent on Brexit with the spectre of no deal looming large and still even under those conditions the polls don’t indicate a majority for independence.

On top of that the scrutiny of the independence position has been totally missed as focus is elsewhere.  As has the scrutiny of the Scottish government performance.  Throw on top of that the Alex Salmond trial and what Nicola did or didn’t know and for me the polls only go one way.

once all the main parties turn their fire on the SNP the usual lack of clarity of major issues like currency will be their downfall except this time they will also have to contend with how they would deal with a potential hard border with their biggest trading partner as well.  They will also have to deal with referendum fatigue and people who have just recovered from Brexit not wanting to vote for yet more large scale change. 

Simply put if they can’t command a majority in the polls at the moment given the last few months I doubt they ever will.  

49 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

Sad sad people.

The EU flag is also a Union Flag.  Just saying.

2 minutes ago, Nunya Business said:

Neither of the comments I quoted there have the word ‘if’ in them. But ok, whatever. You’re used to denying things that are put right in front of you, why stop now?

Between 1997 and 2005, Scotland voted for a Labour government and got one. So your last comment is just wildly untrue. 

I said

"You keep thinking they love you, want you and protect your interests if that floats your boat. Now THERES worrying levels of denial".

Think you may well be correct about the Labour thing so I will give you that but  come on, thats 2 times in 15. No bad I suppose.

Brighton Jambo
7 minutes ago, Nunya Business said:

And in the 70’s

2 hours ago, Nunya Business said:

If you can say a lack of data means Professor Scott’s report can’t be taken seriously, then a lack of data should mean you can’t realistically claim things are improving. 

Many people within the Scottish education system believe that the system is failing in many different ways. 

It’s typical of modern Scotland that the author of a report like this is immediately accused of having some kind of Unionist political agenda. 

Clearly that is exactly not what i am saying. Any evidence that things are improving in Scotland is not conclusive, statistically convincing or widespread. Similarly with the evidence that Scottish education is failing. How we measure success or the lack of it is not even clearly defined. The data provided by professor Scott though is methodologically flawed and the headline figures, he creates whaich are quoted by several posters on here make no contribution to our understanding..

The interpretations he draws from the data he creates are not sensible never mind fair. I outlined a couple of problems with it in my previous post but despite some posters gleefully reporting the seemingly negative element of it and attaching the blame for that to the SG none have come back to argue in favour of the robustness of Scott's methods and interpretations. Some prefer to malign Scott's oponents by suggesting that those who wish to challenge Scott's findings be they academics at Stirling University or posters on JKB are deluded and cultish.

Did you actually read the link i posted and did you understand the points made by the author's about Scott's methodology. I suspect you did not or you would not have posted the above.  

You should also note that i didn't accuse Professor Scott of political bias and nobody as far as i know has accused him of having a Unionist political agenda.  

The Hogfather
4 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

I said

"You keep thinking they love you, want you and protect your interests if that floats your boat. Now THERES worrying levels of denial".

Think you may well be correct about the Labour thing so I will give you that but  come on, thats 2 times in 15. No bad I suppose.

And I asked you to show me where I suggested any political party “loved me” or “wanted me” or any other of the utter nonsense you posted. But you can’t, because you’re just swinging wildly as you don’t seem able to counter an argument without flinging your arms into the air and spouting some nonsense about “hating Scotland”. It’s really worrying to read you’re 49 years old. 

It’s even more worrying to discover that your resentment is placed on something you didn’t even know was true or not. Wow. 

I see Brighton Jambo also pointed out that Scotland voted for the Labour government of the 70’s. It’s not even funny how wrong you’ve been. It’s just sad. 

Edited by Nunya Business

2 minutes ago, Haken said:

The EU flag is also a Union Flag.  Just saying.

So UK running 80% of Scottish affairs would be a similar "union" to the EU making around 20% of the rules that an independent Scotland would need to live by?

France need to ask Germany for the right to vote on their own constitution?

24 minutes ago, Nunya Business said:

And I asked you to show me where I suggested any political party “loved me” or “wanted me” or any other of the utter nonsense you posted. B you can’t, because you’re just swinging wildly because you don’t know how to counter an argument without flinging you’re arms into the air and spouting some nonsense about “hating Scotland”. It’s really worrying to read you’re 49 years old. 

It’s even more worrying to discover that your resentment is placed on something you didn’t even know was true or not. Wow. 

Seems youre a bit of a worrier. 

jack D and coke
25 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

Seems youre a bit of a worrier. 

All just trying to make you sound a bit radge eh. Ooh it’s worrying. Ooh that’s scary you think that. Ooh you’re aff your heed. 
Absolutely pathetic stuff :lol: 

Everybody has to sound shocked now at everything people say, it’s boring. 
I’m not any fan of the SNP they’re much same as any other imo but there is no other show in town in this country now. 

Can’t come up with anything remotely intelligent to respond with, so you resort to sexism instead?

Mate. 

:laugh2:

OK Then, lets talk about "playing the man" then...You said:

Give it a rest

You feel sorry for me

Sad way to live life

Victim mentality

Shame for me

Worrying levels of denial

Next Andrew Neil

Victim Mentality (again)

You pity me

I'm Resentful

I deny things (again)

I swing wildly

I dont know how to counter an argument

Worried (again)

Resentment (again)

This started because we were talking about the SNP's getting on with the day job, I sent you a link to read and asked you to debate the points. You ignored it.

You asked me to clarify a point I made and I did but YOU went on a rant about that, not me.

Who really is the sad individual here?

The Hogfather
13 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

:laugh2:

OK Then, lets talk about "playing the man" then...You said:

Give it a rest

You feel sorry for me

Sad way to live life

Victim mentality

Shame for me

Worrying levels of denial

Next Andrew Neil

Victim Mentality (again)

You pity me

I'm Resentful

I deny things (again)

I swing wildly

I dont know how to counter an argument

Worried (again)

Resentment (again)

This started because we were talking about the SNP's getting on with the day job, I sent you a link to read and asked you to debate the points. You ignored it.

You asked me to clarify a point I made and I did but YOU went on a rant about that, not me.

Who really is the sad individual here?

You. You’re cutting about telling people what to think in terms of Scottish politics and you don’t even know who Scotland voted for less than 15 years ago.

“We didn’t vote for those governments! Grrrrrr!”

”Yeah, actually, you did.”

:laugh: 

Yup, I didn’t click on the SNP website link you provided, because I can absolutely guarantee that if I’d come to you with a link to the Conservatives website, you’d have lost your tiny mind with insults, condescending chat and general nonsense. 

You threw all your toys out the pram when I questioned the current state of the Scottish education system, gibbering on about Scotland haters and Westminster and all the other buzz words you probably feel quite clever for knowing from reading The National or Wings Over Scotland. Because you’re completely unable to question whether or not the current government is actually doing a good job or not. As soon as someone scrutinises anything to do with your political party, you just lose the head. 

Some people don’t want independence. Learn to deal with that and accept that without being a complete child about it. 

1 minute ago, Nunya Business said:

You. You’re cutting about telling people what to think in terms of Scottish politics and you don’t even know who Scotland voted for less than 15 years ago.

Yup, I didn’t click on the SNP website link you provided, because I can absolutely guarantee that if I’d come to you with a link to the Conservatives website, you’d have lost your tiny mind with insults, condescending chat and general nonsense. 

You threw all your toys out the pram when I questioned the current state of the Scottish education system, gibbering on about Scotland haters and Westminster and all the other buzz words you probably feel quite clever for knowing from reading The National or Wings Over Scotland. Because you’re completely unable to question whether or not the current government is actually doing a good job or not. As soon as someone scrutinises anything to do with your political party, you just lose the head

Some people don’t want independence. Learn to deal with that and accept that without being a complete child about it

My"toys" are firmly inside the pram thanks.

If we are talking about children, see the highlighted bits above...

I fear your a bit of a deranged and angry individual. I

just pointed out in my last post that you continually "play the man" and there you are doing the very same above on your very next post!

As for your last point, I am well aware folk dont want independence and as long as they dont somehow hold Westmister up as some sort of beacon of hope and decency then I'm fine. Most of the shite on here is SNP bad/"insert any union party here" good. A blind man can see what's happening at Westminster and nobody anywhere in the world can say its positive. 

The Hogfather
6 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

My"toys" are firmly inside the pram thanks.

If we are talking about children, see the highlighted bits above...

I fear your a bit of a deranged and angry individual. I

just pointed out in my last post that you continually "play the man" and there you are doing the very same above on your very next post!

As for your last point, I am well aware folk dont want independence and as long as they dont somehow hold Westmister up as some sort of beacon of hope and decency then I'm fine. Most of the shite on here is SNP bad/"insert any union party here" good. A blind man can see what's happening at Westminster and nobody anywhere in the world can say its positive. 

I’d be interested in talking about political discourse with you if you’d shown any evidence of being able to discuss it in the past. 

Your rant about not Scotland not voting for Labour governments shaping your outlook, despite Scotland voting for Labour governments  on a few occasions was a particular high point. 

Go do some research into things that are actually happening beyond Brexit and Indy and come back to me when you’ve got some stuff to contribute. Thanks. 

I’d be interested in talking about political discourse with you if you’d shown any evidence of being able to discuss it in the past. 

Your rant about not Scotland not voting for Labour governments shaping your outlook, despite Scotland voting for Labour governments  on a few occasions was a particular high point. 

Go do some research into things that are actually happening beyond Brexit and Indy and come back to me when you’ve got some stuff to contribute. Thanks. 

Its the SNP Nonsense thread mate. Not the general election or Brexit thread.

See my post above regarding "getting on with the day job" and get back to me when you have something positive to contribute.

Thanks.

1 hour ago, Pans Jambo said:

So UK running 80% of Scottish affairs would be a similar "union" to the EU making around 20% of the rules that an independent Scotland would need to live by?

France need to ask Germany for the right to vote on their own constitution?

Are you asking me genuine questions or making an assumption about what I was 'just saying'.

Essentially the SNP vision of independence is a matter of preferred Union.  I'm not saying one or the other or neither are good, bad or indifferent.

1 minute ago, Haken said:

Are you asking me genuine questions or making an assumption about what I was 'just saying'.

Essentially the SNP vision of independence is a matter of preferred Union.  I'm not saying one or the other or neither are good, bad or indifferent.

OK

8 hours ago, Nunya Business said:

Therein lies the fallacy of the “judge us on education” schtick the SNP like to trot out. The Scottish education system is not in good shape. 

I don’t even know what “Unionist education” might be, but as someone who went through school in Scotland, I can guarantee I didn’t receive a “Unionist education”. 

Although the Scottish education system is independent, I was mocking my own education as unfortunately we are still part the UK. Education as kid was run by Labour councils and they're unionists. That's what I meant. 

1 hour ago, Roxy Hearts said:

Although the Scottish education system is independent, I was mocking my own education as unfortunately we are still part the UK. Education as kid was run by Labour councils and they're unionists. That's what I meant. 

How exactly does it matter if a council is run by unionists?  Look at Edinburgh where the SNP  and Labour made a pact to stop the Tories running the council, and I believe the Tories had more councillors than either of them.

Utter lunacy local policies such as expanding parking permit areas to suburbs like Corstorphine and all day bus lanes 7 days a week.

8 hours ago, Nunya Business said:

You threw all your toys out the pram when I questioned the current state of the Scottish education system, gibbering on about Scotland haters and Westminster and all the other buzz words you probably feel quite clever for knowing from reading The National or Wings Over Scotland. Because you’re completely unable to question whether or not the current government is actually doing a good job or not. As soon as someone scrutinises anything to do with your political party, you just lose the head. 

Some people don’t want independence. Learn to deal with that and accept that without being a complete child about it. 

Correction. The majority don't want independence. 😆

7 hours ago, jamb0_1874 said:

This evening's Andrew Neil's interview on bbc one has been interesting. 

The woman is in denial - gibbering on about an Independence referendum next year that no party is going to allow and having Scotland rejoining the EU as soon as the UK leaves when all permutations of GE result would not give them the power to negotiate with the EU.

Labour have stated they won't consider an Indy Ref 2 before the next Holyrood elections and the Tories and Lib Dems have flatly ruled it out.  How do they figure that will happen as presumably the Tories would have won the GE as Labour would have to negotiate another brexit deal before a second brexit referendum is held?  Do they think referendum fatigue will be a good thing for them?

I think the pressure is beginning to show on the SNP as the gaps in their plans are exposed and their double standards on issues like second confirmatory referendums are being challenged.

They hoped to sit back and finger point at failings with the Tories and hope no one looked too closely at their own.

Seymour M Hersh
3 hours ago, frankblack said:

The woman is in denial - gibbering on about an Independence referendum next year that no party is going to allow and having Scotland rejoining the EU as soon as the UK leaves when all permutations of GE result would not give them the power to negotiate with the EU.

Labour have stated they won't consider an Indy Ref 2 before the next Holyrood elections and the Tories and Lib Dems have flatly ruled it out.  How do they figure that will happen as presumably the Tories would have won the GE as Labour would have to negotiate another brexit deal before a second brexit referendum is held?  Do they think referendum fatigue will be a good thing for them?

I think the pressure is beginning to show on the SNP as the gaps in their plans are exposed and their double standards on issues like second confirmatory referendums are being challenged.

They hoped to sit back and finger point at failings with the Tories and hope no one looked too closely at their own.

I liked Neil's statement that "You have called for legislation to protect the NHS from Donald Trump."Maybe the NHS needs legislation to protect it from Nicola Sturgeon."

It's actually refreshing to see a journalist hold her to account. Too often she is given a virtually free ride especially by BBC Glasgow. 

Edited by Seymour M Hersh

58 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

I liked Neil's statement that "You have called for legislation to protect the NHS from Donald Trump."Maybe the NHS needs legislation to protect it from Nicola Sturgeon."

It's actually refreshing to see a journalist hold her to account. Too often she is given a virtually free ride especially by BBC Glasgow. 

It appears that the Scottish media give her that easy ride without challenging their record or policies.

I would like to see her destroyed on national tv in a cross party leaders debate.

4 hours ago, frankblack said:

I saw a 40 second clip of the interview on Facebook. Any idea where I can watch the whole thing?