Even More SNP Nonsense

Stuart Lyon

6 hours ago, Boris said:

So you agree that the leave campaign during the Brexit referendum used this? Glad we can agree on something!

Britnats in Govan tonight. Lovely people. 

• Replies 11.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Space Mackerel

• deesidejambo

• Pans Jambo

• JamboX2

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Francis Albert
On 29/08/2019 at 21:03, SE16 3LN said:

and you're calling me thick.

There are loads of reasons people don't report abuse when it  happens. Here's three,

1. Fear of retaliation/reprisal

2. Lack of faith in the individuals and organisations they're reporting it to

3. Victim shaming - that's what's going on in this case

Maybe also that they simply  think it isn't worth it. That the level of abuse doesn't warrant police action and that especially if you are a public figure you can more effectively address it in other ways.

As she did.

Edited by Francis Albert

Francis Albert
46 minutes ago, Roxy Hearts said:

Britnats in Govan tonight. Lovely people. 

A Republican Irish march in Govan openly supporting the New IRA and the recent murder of the journalist in NI and the people to blame for the result are "Britnats".  Wow.

Francis Albert

On another thread I have been corrected. Apparently it was not an "Irish Republican" march but an "Irish Unity" march hijacked by the New IRA, perhaps unsurprisingly because Irish Unity is precisely the New IRA's objective.

But they are successfully holding the UK and Europe's future to ransom by the threat of bombing anything including a number plate recognition camera on the Nortthern Ireland border so we have to take them seriously.

5 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

On another thread I have been corrected. Apparently it was not an "Irish Republican" march but an "Irish Unity" march hijacked by the New IRA, perhaps unsurprisingly because Irish Unity is precisely the New IRA's objective.

But they are successfully holding the UK and Europe's future to ransom by the threat of bombing anything including a number plate recognition camera on the Nortthern Ireland border so we have to take them seriously.

Eh ? 

4 hours ago, Francis Albert said:

Irish Republicans who support terrorism can GTF. There will always be trouble on that isle. 

On ‎30‎/‎08‎/‎2019 at 11:31, coconut doug said:

Well we've heard it now if you assume that self determination and Nationalism are the same thing. I'm not sure which you think the Yes movement predominantly is or if you make a distinction between the two.

We are not trying to stoke any fires. The inadequacy and fragility of the UK is even more obvious now. Why would any reasonable person want to inflame the situation? We might not be winning the argument by using persuasion but the Unionist side is surely losing it because of their lies, intolerance and anti-democratic posturing. 

You claim to know a lot about racism so can you tell us which side of the political spectrum most racists inhabit and which side you will find most of the Indy supporters?  

On ‎30‎/‎08‎/‎2019 at 16:41, Boris said:

So you agree that the leave campaign during the Brexit referendum used this? Glad we can agree on something!

Both of you have failed to condemn racism again.  I condemn racism wherever it rears its ugly head, but just as bad as the racists are the people that turn their faces away.

14 minutes ago, SE16 3LN said:

Both of you have failed to condemn racism again.  I condemn racism wherever it rears its ugly head, but just as bad as the racists are the people that turn their faces away.

You are the one saying racist=SNP with absolutely nothing to back it up. Everyone, at least every evolved human being condemns racism. What this has to do with this thread about the SNP I have no idea

9 hours ago, SE16 3LN said:

Did u vote remain?

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure if there is a Sicks Kids stuff thread but I’ll post this here as ultimately the buck stops at the top.

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/health/edinburgh-s-new-sick-kids-hospital-won-t-open-till-autumn-2020-1-5002334

“An architect involved in the project told the Evening News problems were "built into" the new hospital because of political pressure to avoid further delays.

Another source close to the project revealed the basement of the hospital had been flooded twice due to drainage problems.

And an agency worker who worked on fitting fire detectors to the ventilation system voiced safety fears over alleged lack of checks on the work”

there will be a paper trail of check and sign off’s. I’m sure the NHS and Scottish Government will gladly hand over the evidence in keeping with their recent demands for Parliamentary scrutiny. What’s good for the goose etc.  

Edited by Dannie Boy

Brighton Jambo
2 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

The Named Person scheme is dropped completely.

A sign of an emerging maturity in the Scottish Government. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-politics-49753980

Fair game for finding a positive for the SNP in this story. It’s been in unmitigated clusterf@ck from beginning to end.  A complete waste of tax payers money and a lot of people’s time.  

Named Person couldn't have been less fitting within Scotland.

Where the Police are trusted more than social workers and their like. 

It was a serious indictment against the SNP government. 

But I am willing to give them a chance. 12 years isn't very long to start to transform and modernise or at least support and facilitate Scotland.

• 4 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, Zlatanable said:

Do you think Nicola Sturgeon avoiding answering the question here, is similarly a sign of emerging maturity in the Scottish Government?

You'll get answers at about the same time as they announce a public enquiry into the Sick Kids fiasco at the ERI.

Edited by frankblack

Dusk_Till_Dawn
21 hours ago, Zlatanable said:

Do you think Nicola Sturgeon avoiding answering the question here, is similarly a sign of emerging maturity in the Scottish Government?

Sturgeon’s an utter fraud. She knows **** all about any of this stuff. She’s lucky that Brexit has been going on because it’s the only way she’s been able to keep her meal ticket after the pumping they took in the first ref 

27 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Sturgeon’s an utter fraud. She knows **** all about any of this stuff. She’s lucky that Brexit has been going on because it’s the only way she’s been able to keep her meal ticket after the pumping they took in the first ref 

The SNP aren't the only group of self governance supporters. Just wish we had a level playing field and a proper democracy, not force fed WM propaganda then we would see who would get "pumped". 50% or so at the moment but still don't see any real clarity for soft no voters. Not sure we will gain our self governance until there's a stronger narrative and not all from the  SNP. We need others but it's hard being heard due to an almost fascist UK state. Plenty garbage from Johnson and his awful ilk though. We can do better than that idiot, surely people can see that. 

11 hours ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

If Brexit were the main issue, why did the SNP virtually sweep the board at the 2015 GE?

On 26/08/2019 at 15:46, Roxy Hearts said:

Duke of Cumberland a Scottish landowner? I did say British which covers treacherous Scots. 

Flippin 'eck. :laugh: No. 'Scots' covers 'treacherous' Scots. 'Treacherous', because they didn't want some posh Frenchman who couldn't give a **** about them, thought he'd been chosen by God and couldn't even speak English to rule over them?! Rightiho. 

On 26/08/2019 at 16:35, Roxy Hearts said:

Yes, British. They fought against their fellow Scots. Scots were also part of the slave trade and should apologise but that was also part of being British. Any person who's a racist isn't a particularly pleasant individual. 

It was also part of being Scottish. Your total inability to acknowledge this basic point is more instructive than you'll ever know.

On 26/08/2019 at 16:44, coconut doug said:

It's almost as if traditional Scots' values were subsumed in the new British state. 

And what were these values? Clans who constantly fought each other and could never agree on anything? Landowners who held vassals and forced them to fight - and die - 500 ****ing years after this was going on in England? Darien? Was that a 'traditional Scottish value'? I guess it must've been. 

Some other quick thoughts:

1. Daisley's article had a fair amount of merit but he's a right wing troll normally best ignored.

2. Politically, Scotland *is* more progressive than England - but not half as much as too many of its people seem to think.

3. The number of non-white people in Scotland remains shockingly low... and since the dawn of time, the rule for all humanity has been: the less people mix with others who don't look like them, the more ignorant and bigoted their views are likely to be. That goes for huge swathes of England too. And the US. And Europe. Fearful, anti-immigrant, anti-Muslim views are most commonly held by people who... live far away from immigrants and Muslims. Scotland is not miraculously immune to that. 

4. The SNP's record on education is an absolute disgrace. Its record on drug deaths is shocking too. Yet it's about a million times more inclusive and grown-up a government than its Westminster counterpart; it at least tries to act in the interests of the people, wholly unlike the Tories. And on drugs, it doesn't have the power to change the law: which is the only way the West will ever get a grip of this issue. 

5. Given the never-ending chaos around Brexit (reports this morning that the chances of a deal are fading again), I am absolutely astonished that support for independence is still only at 50%. Other than Scots viewing the horrible nightmare of the UK seeking to extricate itself from a political union and thinking "nah, you're alright thanks", I cannot get my head around it at all. 

Edited by shaun.lawson

29 minutes ago, shaun.lawson said:

Given the never-ending chaos around Brexit (reports this morning that the chances of a deal are fading again), I am absolutely astonished that support for independence is still only at 50%. Other than Scots viewing the horrible nightmare of the UK seeking to extricate itself from a political union and thinking "nah, you're alright thanks", I cannot get my head around it at all. 

Because, for better or worse, some Scots feel part of the UK/British and, regardless of what Westminster comes up with, are happy to go along with it.  Added to that cultural ties, religion, etc, perceived or otherwise.

It's really only the last 20 years or so where the SNP have become "mainstream".  I've voted since the 1992 GE, and only ever cast my vote for the SNP post the 2010 GE.

So, and I can only give you my opinion, backed up with idle speculation, to me it seems that currently the SNP have the "trust" of the electorate, or perhaps they are the lesser of all evils?  But let's not conflate the SNP with independence.  To many they are the vehicle, to others they represent the sort of politics that Labour and pre-2010 Charlie Kennedy Lib Dems used to espouse.  Yet support for independence, or the notion of it, has grown from 35% in 2014 to 50% and that is amazing.  

In that context you should be astonished at the growth in support for independence.  That's a 43% increase! (15% in the polls but 15% as a percentage of 35% - numbers, eh!)

27 minutes ago, Zlatanable said:

I disagree with this sentence of yours. Since my generation started voting, 1990 onwards, there has been a block vote behaviour in place. We voted against the Conservatives, mainly for Labour. A smaller block has moved from that to pro-indy parties in the last 8 years.

Your hubris, if I can call it that, is rooted in that certainty of your block vote. 

There is a lot of evidence that the electorate don't trust the SNP: 2015->2017 they lost 21 MPs (38% decline, in your mathematics), the SNP failed to win majority control in any council in the council elections in 2017, and since 2015 The Conservatives have grown in vote share and seats in all elections.

Add to this the deep problems with new hospitals, the dropped name person act, the drug death issue, the educations problems, to name but a few of the challenges Nicola has failed to manage adequately.

I cannot agree that the Scottish electorate 'trust' the SNP. The SNP have retained their block vote, and have failed to grow from that, even after Brexit, even after Boris Johnson. 

Are the SNP not on track to get 50+ seats at stinking Westminster in the next general election? 

13 minutes ago, Zlatanable said:

Lets wait and see. 

Propaganda, eh? Can't wait for the usual garbage from the usual suspects all supported by our wonderful and enlightening free press and the MSM in general. I'm surprised the SNP do so well. You'd think they'd bombed children or invaded somewhere. I just wish the public were more discerning in their choices or at least give them some balance. UK democracy, what a place, feeding on fear. 

32 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

At the next general election the Snp will obliterate the other parties. They are the only ones looking out for Scotland post brexit

The SNP need to stop Brexit full stop or they are utterly ****ed.

If Boris gets a deal through Westminster then Indy Ref 2 is dead in the water.  The remainer vote will switch to remaining in the UK rather than fall off a cliff out of the EU and the UK.

So desperate are the Nats that they are going back to court to try and prevent Westminster debating any deal Boris brings to parliament on the grounds of the NI Border/Customs Union.

I didn't realise the SNP represented NI, but I guess you learn something new every day.

21 minutes ago, frankblack said:

If Boris gets a deal through Westminster then Indy Ref 2 is dead in the water.  The remainer vote will switch to remaining in the UK rather than fall off a cliff out of the EU and the UK.

So desperate are the Nats that they are going back to court to try and prevent Westminster debating any deal Boris brings to parliament on the grounds of the NI Border/Customs Union.

I didn't realise the SNP represented NI, but I guess you learn something new every day.

So the Scots EU remainers will be happy with leaving the EU with Boris‘s deal which (according to some of the chat on the BBC earlier) is actually WORSE than May’s deal?

Are they going to simply forget about 10 years of Tory austerity, Foodbanks, broken promises, the worst pensions in the EU etc etc?

Then being out of the EU with MORE austerity, job losses and having to deal with Trump?

The Union is dead. Everyone knows it. 

They can vote for indy and rejoin the EU. Easy. 

You think they will vote for more wealth theft, austerity, foodbanks, pishy pensions and Boris’s UK?

Geez peace. 

Edited by Pans Jambo

9 minutes ago, Zlatanable said:

All of this, in your reply, is weak. 

If this is the best you have, you are toast. 

I'm not toast, I will carry on with my life and continue to vote for self governance. Why is it weak? The force fed nature of British propaganda is aimed at the weak! You should know. If the MSM supported self governance instead of being disengenuous all the time you could guarantee we would be a nation state again. Stop looking through the prism of the SNP for your answers. 

1 minute ago, Pans Jambo said:

So the Scots EU remainers will be happy with leaving the EU with Boris‘s deal which (according to some of the chat on the BBC earlier) is actually WORSE than May’s deal?

Are they going to simply forget about 10 years of Tory austerity, Foodbanks, broken promises, the worst pensions in the EU etc etc?

Then being out of the EU with MORE austerity, job losses and having to deal with Trump?

The Union is dead. Everyone knows it. 

They can vote for indy and rejoin the EU. Easy. 

You think they will vote for more wealth theft, austerity, foodbanks, pishy pensions and Boris’s UK?

Geez peace. 

You completely missed the point and regurgitated some irrelevant rant you copy and paste every page.

Post brexit the entire situation changes where the SNP move from a position of strength in the remainer argument to weakness where it would be them taking Scotland out of the UK and not being a member of the EU.

Remainer voters will stick to the remain side i.e. will want to remain in the UK at that point rather than take a huge leap of faith into the dark with the SNP.

8 minutes ago, frankblack said:

You completely missed the point and regurgitated some irrelevant rant you copy and paste every page.

Post brexit the entire situation changes where the SNP move from a position of strength in the remainer argument to weakness where it would be them taking Scotland out of the UK and not being a member of the EU.

Remainer voters will stick to the remain side i.e. will want to remain in the UK at that point rather than take a huge leap of faith into the dark with the SNP.

No I got it bang on Frank. 
A ramainer doesnt want to leave the EU. 
SNP pushes for Indy on a rejoin the EU ticket. 
Scotland will be a member of the EU every day of the week mate. To suggest they wont is just fantasy. 

manaliveits105
39 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Jimmy is fecked end of 

4 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

Scotland will be a member of the EU every day of the week mate. To suggest they wont is just fantasy. 

I thought Scotland were voting for 'Independence' though?? .... Why the fixation with rejoining the EU? Is that 'Independence'??

3 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

A remainer is someone who is cautious and less of a risk taker, so being part of the UK becomes the next safer option especially in the event of a softer brexit.

I think you are deluded if you think Scotland can leave the UK and join up to the EU without dropping their trousers and taking the Euro and giving up their fishing waters for starters. 

This is all of course going to happen seamlessly while they negotiate severance terms with the rest of the UK and take on their share of UK debt, so the day after leaving the UK we walk into the EU and surrender our sovereignty. :rofl:

Then they will have to build a hard border with England...

2 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

Jimmy is fecked end of 

When is Brexit happening? Thought it was all cosy and good with no problems? BoJo is fecked, idiot of a man! Can't wait for all the good stuff to come from it. Can you assist with a positive case for the Union? I'm a lost cause but would be great to hear some lovely inspiring and uplifting Union Jack covered insincerity. 

8 minutes ago, Zlatanable said:

The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, is one of the better places in the world to be born into. You and I are lucky we are here, at this time, in this place. 

I am not saying it is perfect, nowhere is. The UK is incredible though. An unwritten constitution, changed over time to adapt to how we have grown and developed. 

I see a better future for the UK than I see for the current EU. (cos in UK we have the same currency and welfare and pensions and healthcare).

In the grand scheme of things, the UK is a bloody good effort. 

That's the status quo. What about the democratic deficit? Scotland is brushed aside at every opportunity. I agree that the UK is good in part but feel we have become more detached from the Westminster ideals. Why not federalise the UK? It would be more democratic and Scotland could keep the majority of its wealth. Something needs to change. 

12 minutes ago, Zlatanable said:

The UK does not have a democratic deficit. 

The EU has a massive democratic deficit. 

Good luck with that. 

The UK does have a deficit. Scotland is barely represented in WM. We get governments we didn't vote for. HOL isn't democratic. The system used in Scotland represents what we are voting for. If we used fptp here the SNP would have even more seats. We need better representation instead of being dogmatically spoken down to by WM politicians. Have you heard the way that Johnson, Farage, Swinson, Gove etc talk about Scotland? Insulting to say the least. Thought that idiot Thatcher was bad but she did spawn these nomarks(insult intended). 

Seymour M Hersh
7 hours ago, Pans Jambo said:

When the UK leave the EU so does Scotland so how exactly will we (Scotland) "be a member of the EU every day of the week mate"?

Brighton Jambo
6 hours ago, Roxy Hearts said:

The UK does have a deficit. Scotland is barely represented in WM. We get governments we didn't vote for. HOL isn't democratic. The system used in Scotland represents what we are voting for. If we used fptp here the SNP would have even more seats. We need better representation instead of being dogmatically spoken down to by WM politicians. Have you heard the way that Johnson, Farage, Swinson, Gove etc talk about Scotland? Insulting to say the least. Thought that idiot Thatcher was bad but she did spawn these nomarks(insult intended). 

Sorry but your post is contradictory.  You say Scotland is barely represented in WM then chose to name four people, two of whom are Scottish,  one of whom is the leader of a major political party.  Both are openly critical of the SNP but I don’t hear them being critical of Scotland, the two things are not the same.  Can you give examples.  

Also before Cameron the two previous prime ministers were Scottish so given the relative populations of Scotland versus the UK I would say that’s a fairly Healthy position.  

You say that Scotland never gets the government it votes for.  However the SNP being only a Scottish based party could never form a UK government (obviously I know I am stating the obvious).  The next biggest party in Scotland was the conservatives who are the current government.  Without those 13 Scottish seats the conservatives could not have claimed victory and been in a position to get a majority.  So clearly Scotland has had a huge influence.  

Also if labour and the SNP agreed an alliance after the election, as has been discussed,  how could you claim that Scotland has no influence in WM?

there I a number of reasons why I can see the merits of Scottish independence (although don’t agree!!!) but I think Scotland clearly does have an influence in WM given the SNP are the third largest party and I think throwing that sound bite out doesn’t stand up to scrutiny.  

8 hours ago, frankblack said:

A remainer is someone who is cautious and less of a risk taker, so being part of the UK becomes the next safer option especially in the event of a softer brexit.

I think you are deluded if you think Scotland can leave the UK and join up to the EU without dropping their trousers and taking the Euro and giving up their fishing waters for starters. 

This is all of course going to happen seamlessly while they negotiate severance terms with the rest of the UK and take on their share of UK debt, so the day after leaving the UK we walk into the EU and surrender our sovereignty. :rofl:

Then they will have to build a hard border with England...

What a load of pish Frank. 

Aye...Pish

8 hours ago, Old Hearts said:

I thought Scotland were voting for 'Independence' though?? .... Why the fixation with rejoining the EU? Is that 'Independence'??

Last time I looked Ireland, Holland, Italy etc are all in the EU and independent. 

1 hour ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

When the UK leave the EU so does Scotland so how exactly will we (Scotland) "be a member of the EU every day of the week mate"?

Eh, we reapply!

So are you saying we wont get back in then?

:cornette:

2 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

What a load of pish Frank. 

Aye...Pish

Its squeaky bum time for the Nats and you sound worried.

:clyay:

5 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Its squeaky bum time for the Nats and you sound worried.

:clyay:

:robbo: The ramblings of the delusional.

Hows yer DUP pals this morning Frank?

:leveinproblem:

11 hours ago, Zlatanable said:

I disagree with this sentence of yours. Since my generation started voting, 1990 onwards, there has been a block vote behaviour in place. We voted against the Conservatives, mainly for Labour. A smaller block has moved from that to pro-indy parties in the last 8 years.

Your hubris, if I can call it that, is rooted in that certainty of your block vote. 

I don't think it's hubris, the last part of my sentence may affirm that? Where I said that the electorate see them as the lesser "evil".

There is a lot of evidence that the electorate don't trust the SNP: 2015->2017 they lost 21 MPs (38% decline, in your mathematics), the SNP failed to win majority control in any council in the council elections in 2017, and since 2015 The Conservatives have grown in vote share and seats in all elections.

Whilst Labour vote has shrunk? Isn't it that the Tory vote is benefitting from voters from other unionist parties as opposed to gaining from SNP supporters? A good example of the block vote behaviour you mentioned earlier?

Add to this the deep problems with new hospitals, the dropped name person act, the drug death issue, the educations problems, to name but a few of the challenges Nicola has failed to manage adequately.

I cannot agree that the Scottish electorate 'trust' the SNP. The SNP have retained their block vote, and have failed to grow from that, even after Brexit, even after Boris Johnson. 

As I said, IMO, the electorate either seem to trust the SNP or see them as the lesser of the evils open to them.

Polls suggest a growth, but as we know the only poll that matters is the real one on the day.

7 hours ago, Zlatanable said:

The UK does not have a democratic deficit.

The EU has a significant democratic deficit. 

U.K., a union of equals, except some are more equal than others. Fptp electoral system. Unelected second chamber. All these suggest a democratic deficit.

Can you explain what the eu's "significant" democratic deficit is?

3 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

:robbo: The ramblings of the delusional.

Hows yer DUP pals this morning Frank?

:leveinproblem:

You do have a problem but I guess its something intensive therapy can help with.

Its clear from your desperation to play the man that you accept that a deal kicks Indy into touch?

1 minute ago, frankblack said:

You do have a problem but I guess its something intensive therapy can help with.

Its clear from your desperation to play the man that you accept that a deal kicks Indy into touch?

Not at all Franky boy. 

Why do you continue to lie to yourself? Its futile. 

UKOK project is dead. Its a cancerous shell on a hospital bed with death breath and its end is inevitable. 

Brexit is and will always be a disaster Frank. 

come into the fold Frank. Put away your white gloves, UJ flag and your bowler hat.

Its OK to change your mind.