Even More SNP Nonsense

Stuart Lyon

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
1 hour ago, Who_put_the_ball_in... said:

Do I? Which one is that? 

At least you respond to some Gers related posts. 

• Replies 11.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Space Mackerel

• deesidejambo

• Pans Jambo

• JamboX2

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Who_put_the_ball_in... said:

Why I’m half Northern Irish on my Dads side does that offend you? Should we tell Michael Smith to stop turning out for his country?

2000px-Saint_Patrick's_Saltire.svg.png

:greggy:

Trapper John McIntyre

My, my. How one little article truly reveals the inner angst of the Scottish nationalist!

Everyone except 'true(?)' Scots are bigots, racists, slave owners, empire builders, genocidal maniacs etc.

And yet how easily the poor downtrodden Scots took to it all. All those nasty habits... Of course, it was never in our true nature to take part in such activities until the English took us over in 1707, was it? (Darien aside).

But how we revelled in it all!  Then again, weren't we so good at it?

58 minutes ago, Trapper John McIntyre said:

My, my. How one little article truly reveals the inner angst of the Scottish nationalist!

Everyone except 'true(?)' Scots are bigots, racists, slave owners, empire builders, genocidal maniacs etc.

And yet how easily the poor downtrodden Scots took to it all. All those nasty habits... Of course, it was never in our true nature to take part in such activities until the English took us over in 1707, was it? (Darien aside).

I'll stick with Rabbie Burns. He knew, eh? 

Trapper John McIntyre
40 minutes ago, Roxy Hearts said:

I'll stick with Rabbie Burns. He knew, eh? 

I'll stick by that strong Unionist man Rabbie Burns too.

He certainly knew.

23 minutes ago, Trapper John McIntyre said:

I'll stick by that strong Unionist man Rabbie Burns too.

He certainly knew.

Think you're getting mixed up with Scott you rogue. 

Francis Albert
8 hours ago, coconut doug said:

Surely that must be a massive improvement. We are being told on here how racist we are but it seems to me we've done well top get it down to only one group. BTW Who is that group?

I don't think anything on here has told us how racist we are. It has told us that we are pretty much, give or take, as racist as most.

The reaction tell us more than the claim.

Trapper John McIntyre
34 minutes ago, Roxy Hearts said:

Think you're getting mixed up with Scott you rogue. 

You're really not very good at this are you?

coconut doug
2 hours ago, Francis Albert said:

I don't think anything on here has told us how racist we are. It has told us that we are pretty much, give or take, as racist as most.

The reaction tell us more than the claim.

Don’t you think that if somebody tells you are "as racist as most” then they are telling you how racist you are? In this case Daisley is telling us we are worse than Ruk, his comparisons are ludicrous but that is undoubtedly his message. If you don’t see that, then you have not understood the article and Daisley has scored an even bigger propaganda success than he could have hoped for.

I wonder why you so desperately want to believe the worst of Scotland and its people. Endorsing this rubbish from Daisley demonstrates to me once again just how ingrained anti Scottish sentiments have become in some Scottish people and I wonder if any other community sees itself in such a negative way.

Of course in normal disputes it is likely that Daisley and you could be correct and I could be wrong but unfortunately for your side of the argument he offers not one salient fact or one relevant statistic to support his views. It seems that you do not require facts or logical reasoning to sustain your view, in common with many on here it is sufficient merely to believe what you say and to disbelieve any counters that might come your way. Belief is everything, evidence is nothing it seems. People seem to have such a low opinion of their own country that they will readily believe this Daily Mail propaganda without a moments thought or scrutiny.

I’m not going to demonstrate just how spurious Daisley’s claims are again. I’ve done that already and you have chosen to ignore it. You didn’t even bother to challenge what I said, you didn’t question my sources or my interpretation as presumably you had no grounds for doing so.

Not only will you not defend your ground but you accuse me of reacting in a way that reveals more than the claim. The claim that Daisley makes is that we are more racist than RUK. I suspect you are trying to imply that I am so indoctrinated in my sunny view of Scotland that I cannot accept that we have a problem. I can’t think of any other reason you would make the comment, can you? Ridiculously and simultaneously you deny that Daisley even made the claim. It’s not me that’s deluding themselves !  Have you read the article? Did you understand it?

I know Scotland has racists and I know we have disproportionately high levels of social problems in many areas. I know because there are statistics and information to tell me and because I live here. When it comes to attitudes to race though I haven’t seen the statistics to support Daisley’s view but you must have done if you are so keen to support his view and so vehemently opposed to mine. Why don’t you share them then maybe we can get some agreement?

Anecdotes just don’t cut it I’m afraid.

Francis Albert
32 minutes ago, coconut doug said:

Don’t you think that if somebody tells you are "as racist as most” then they are telling you how racist you are? In this case Daisley is telling us we are worse than Ruk, his comparisons are ludicrous but that is undoubtedly his message. If you don’t see that, then you have not understood the article and Daisley has scored an even bigger propaganda success than he could have hoped for.

I wonder why you so desperately want to believe the worst of Scotland and its people. Endorsing this rubbish from Daisley demonstrates to me once again just how ingrained anti Scottish sentiments have become in some Scottish people and I wonder if any other community sees itself in such a negative way.

Of course in normal disputes it is likely that Daisley and you could be correct and I could be wrong but unfortunately for your side of the argument he offers not one salient fact or one relevant statistic to support his views. It seems that you do not require facts or logical reasoning to sustain your view, in common with many on here it is sufficient merely to believe what you say and to disbelieve any counters that might come your way. Belief is everything, evidence is nothing it seems. People seem to have such a low opinion of their own country that they will readily believe this Daily Mail propaganda without a moments thought or scrutiny.

I’m not going to demonstrate just how spurious Daisley’s claims are again. I’ve done that already and you have chosen to ignore it. You didn’t even bother to challenge what I said, you didn’t question my sources or my interpretation as presumably you had no grounds for doing so.

Not only will you not defend your ground but you accuse me of reacting in a way that reveals more than the claim. The claim that Daisley makes is that we are more racist than RUK. I suspect you are trying to imply that I am so indoctrinated in my sunny view of Scotland that I cannot accept that we have a problem. I can’t think of any other reason you would make the comment, can you? Ridiculously and simultaneously you deny that Daisley even made the claim. It’s not me that’s deluding themselves !  Have you read the article? Did you understand it?

I know Scotland has racists and I know we have disproportionately high levels of social problems in many areas. I know because there are statistics and information to tell me and because I live here. When it comes to attitudes to race though I haven’t seen the statistics to support Daisley’s view but you must have done if you are so keen to support his view and so vehemently opposed to mine. Why don’t you share them then maybe we can get some agreement?

Anecdotes just don’t cut it I’m afraid.

Wow.,As I said the reaction says it all..Where has anyone said that Scots are more racist than the rest? 

coconut doug
5 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Wow.,As I said the reaction says it all..Where has anyone said that Scots are more racist than the rest? 

You stil haven't read the article then. Heres a couple of quotes.

‘It seems acceptable to keep on asking people where they are from in the way that you just don’t do with a black Liverpudlian, a black Brummie or a black Londoner. You can’t accept that now, in 2019… I think Scotland is behind.

‘Any Scottish city is at least 30 or 40 years behind Manchester, Bristol, Liverpool and London. That’s just the truth. 

and

At the most recent census, Scotland was 96 per cent white, compared to 85 per cent for England. All but two members of the Scottish Parliament are white; the House of Commons, only five times the size of Holyrood, has 26 times the number of ethnic minority parliamentarians. None of them, however, represents seats north of the Border: every single Scottish MP is white.

Two in every three hate crimes in Scotland are racial in nature and a 2018 Glasgow University study of murders committed between 2000 and 2013 found race-related homicides were higher per head of the population in Scotland than across the rest of the UK. The same researchers also discovered that white applicants for jobs in large public sector bodies had an 8.1 per cent chance of landing the role compared to just 1.1 per cent for black and minority ethnic candidates.

The reaction is to the propaganda and the stonewalling by yourself.

The Mighty Thor
14 hours ago, Trapper John McIntyre said:

More utterly abysmal trolling.

A couple of points on the original article you posted.

Firstly Daisley's article tries to conflate racist scots with racist SNP. You fell into that trap too with posting the article on the anti-SNP thread. 

If you read his article he talks of racism being rife in Scotland. If you believe it is then there will be racists of every political hue and probably every racial group. 

Secondly if Jackie Kay felt she had been racially abused at a burns supper, why didn't she report it to the police? As many have said on the thread, it needs to be called out, so why not report it or name and shame? Then you would no who it was and then can determine their politics to see if it fits your world view.

So to summarise;

the article has **** all to do with the SNP despite Daisley's gammon fisted best efforts. 

The 'evidence'of Scotland being behind rUK on racial integration is spurious at best but 'it's the truth'.

Perhaps this topic would have been a good one for it's own thread. If  you'd been able to read and disseminate it properly instead of seeing SNP and blowing your muck like an excited teenager. 

Utterly abysmal trolling. 

Edited by The Mighty Thor

Trapper John McIntyre
20 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

More utterly abysmal trolling.

A couple of points on the original article you posted.

Firstly Daisley's article tries to conflate racist scots with racist SNP. You fell into that trap too with posting the article on the anti-SNP thread. 

If you read his article he talks of racism being rife in Scotland. If you believe it is then there will be racists of every political hue and probably every racial group. 

Secondly if Jackie Kay felt she had been racially abused at a burns supper, why didn't she report it to the police? As many have said on the thread, it needs to be called out, so why not report it or name and shame? Then you would no who it was and then can determine their politics to see if it fits your world view.

So to summarise;

the article has **** all to do with the SNP despite Daisley's gammon fisted best efforts. 

The 'evidence'of Scotland being behind rUK on racial integration is spurious at best but 'it's the truth'.

Perhaps this topic would have been a good one for it's own thread. If  you'd been able to read and disseminate it properly instead of seeing SNP and blowing your muck like an excited teenager. 

Utterly abysmal trolling. 

The only 'muck blowing ' on this thread is coming from furious Scotnat fanatics like yourself and your ridiculous Scottish exceptionalism bullshit when faced with views that differ from your own warped ideal of Caledonia

Job done.

Edited by Trapper John McIntyre

26 minutes ago, Trapper John McIntyre said:

The only 'muck blowing ' on this thread is coming from furious Scotnat fanatics like yourself and your ridiculous Scottish exceptionalism bullshit when faced with views that differ from your own warped ideal of Caledonia

Job done.

An anti Scottish opinion is a fact? Daisley is British fool like most anti Scots. Yes we have problems but we're mostly decent and fair minded. 

Bazzas right boot

Imagine the outrage if the SNP closed down parliament to force something through. 

Imagine the media response. 

Bazzas right boot
On 23/08/2019 at 13:34, jack D and coke said:

Then they came up with GERS

🤥

D680BA47-3CC1-4DA8-AE1C-4003FB770049.jpeg

F45AFC75-5794-4302-8C62-CACE5564A56E.jpeg

Pretty common knowledge. 

Look at Irelands GDP then look at what they say Scotlands would be or is. 

How the **** do they come up with the shite. 

They should keep the numbers at least close to reality so they are believable as opposed to making us look like a third world country. 

Francis Albert

I think I have pretty much reached the end of the road on this. As I said in my very first post on the article you can pick holes in it but the thrust is right - and what I take out of it is that the myth that Scots and Scotland are in relation to race more open and tolerant and mature than the "Brits" is just that - a myth. It was for me an antidote to some of the guff spouted often on here and indeed repeated on this thread by "Brit"-haters.  

(I read it incidentally having never heard of the author before or the poet quoted so I came to it without any prejudice)

jack D and coke
1 hour ago, Francis Albert said:

I think I have pretty much reached the end of the road on this. As I said in my very first post on the article you can pick holes in it but the thrust is right - and what I take out of it is that the myth that Scots and Scotland are in relation to race more open and tolerant and mature than the "Brits" is just that - a myth. It was for me an antidote to some of the guff spouted often on here and indeed repeated on this thread by "Brit"-haters.  

(I read it incidentally having never heard of the author before or the poet quoted so I came to it without any prejudice)

Nobody has disagreed with you man. You’re arguing with yourself. 

Daisley is a tit though. Keep that in mind👍🏼

20 hours ago, Trapper John McIntyre said:

Common Scots, English, Irish and Welsh had no means of flourishing in said empire. The Elite did and the Elite are the ones who shamed these islands. But yet you glorify it. You'd have been nothing during these times, just like the rest of us. Or do you have a statue of a  family  member in Geo Sq that you visited when no won the Indyref.

Edited by ri Alban

I can't understand why tackling racism in Scotland is seen as negative. The true feelings of kickbacks fluffy little nationalists have been chucked out like spilled guts on the pavement. 

Blame the black woman, ****ing Neanderthal. 

The Mighty Thor
42 minutes ago, SE16 3LN said:

I can't understand why tackling racism in Scotland is seen as negative. The true feelings of kickbacks fluffy little nationalists have been chucked out like spilled guts on the pavement. 

It was a nationalist or more specifically an SNP member that made the comments at the burns supper to Jackie Kay?

You know this for a fact?

coconut doug
1 hour ago, SE16 3LN said:

Who has said or implied that tackling racism in Scotland?

Who has blamed the black woman?

Why is it that those on your side of the argument have to misrepresent what has been said to support your side of the argument and why do you so readily resort to insults, is it because you have so few valid points to support your views?

jack D and coke
2 hours ago, SE16 3LN said:

:wtf: 

Who said that? 

I said when Boris stood down against TM, he was planning this. And the SNP knew it. They've played a blinder here. Out of both Unions in one go and all down to Boris. Then we can negotiate with both Unions as an equal. 

Thank you British Nationalism. :Thum

Just seen this thread for the first time. Was actually looking to see if anybody had experience of the new lounge. No wonder the Smeltic say Jambos are huns that cant afford the bus fare. This thread is more akin to the views and  biased garbage from the Orange Lodge than those in a modern Scotland.

Just now, Prof said:

Just seen this thread for the first time. Was actually looking to see if anybody had experience of the new lounge. No wonder the Smeltic say Jambos are huns that cant afford the bus fare. This thread is more akin to the views and  biased garbage from the Orange Lodge than those in a modern Scotland.

Celtic can go fek themselves .

I voted independence btw .

So no wonder fek all you hibs %#@^.

Reekin

1 minute ago, jake said:

Celtic can go fek themselves .

I voted independence btw .

So no wonder fek all you hibs %#@^.

Reekin

So anybody that expresses a contrary opinion is a Hibbie. Pathetic and untrue.

31 minutes ago, Prof said:

So anybody that expresses a contrary opinion is a Hibbie. Pathetic and untrue.

Nae wonder

Edited by jake

3 minutes ago, jake said:

Nae wonder

How you no on the brexit thread? What do you think about the latest shift to dictatorship?

Holyrood will be shut down by this Clown. And Scotland will turn into NI if he does.

Edited by ri Alban

1 minute ago, ri Alban said:

How you no on the brexit thread? What do you think about the latest shift to dictatorship?

Holyrood will be shut down by this Clown. And Scotland will turn into NI if he does.

I'm just laughing at remainers complaining about democracy .

16 hours ago, coconut doug said:

Who has said or implied that tackling racism in Scotland?

Who has blamed the black woman?

Why is it that those on your side of the argument have to misrepresent what has been said to support your side of the argument and why do you so readily resort to insults, is it because you have so few valid points to support your views?

Stick your head in the sand if you want but here is just one example from the mighty bore.

"if Jackie Kay felt she had been racially abused at a burns supper, why didn't she report it to the police" 

I've got a life so I'm not quoting the rest, but you can read so you know what's happening. Your denial speaks volumes about you but I'm not surprised.

15 hours ago, jack D and coke said:

:wtf: 

Who said that? 

See my response to coconut. I'm not surprised he's making excuses for racism, I am surprised at you. 

jack D and coke
21 minutes ago, SE16 3LN said:

See my response to coconut. I'm not surprised he's making excuses for racism, I am surprised at you. 

I’m not making any excuses and tbh I haven’t seen him making them either. I don’t think we’re any better than anybody else up here and I’m not seeing anybody saying different tbh. 

Scotland is as intolerant and as racist as anywhere else I’m not in any doubt. 

jack D and coke
On 28/08/2019 at 10:28, Smith's right boot said:

Imagine the outrage if the SNP closed down parliament to force something through. 

Imagine the media response. 

To force through independence against a 1% swing in the referendum. 

Imagine it...

15 hours ago, Prof said:

FTH

The Mighty Thor
3 hours ago, SE16 3LN said:

Stick your head in the sand if you want but here is just one example from the mighty bore.

"if Jackie Kay felt she had been racially abused at a burns supper, why didn't she report it to the police" 

I've got a life so I'm not quoting the rest, but you can read so you know what's happening. Your denial speaks volumes about you but I'm not surprised.

Again your reading and understanding skills are lacking.

According to Daisley, Jackie Kay was invited to give a toast at a burns supper and was racially abused by the person that invited her.

Why wouldn't she do something about that? It's out of order on so many levels.

I'll ask you again. As you appear to be very very selective or a bit thick.

Your assumption is that the abuser was a nationalist?

Got anything to back that bad boy up or more unsubstantiated slavering?

3 hours ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Again your reading and understanding skills are lacking.

According to Daisley, Jackie Kay was invited to give a toast at a burns supper and was racially abused by the person that invited her.

Why wouldn't she do something about that? It's out of order on so many levels.

I'll ask you again. As you appear to be very very selective or a bit thick.

Your assumption is that the abuser was a nationalist?

Got anything to back that bad boy up or more unsubstantiated slavering?

No, my assumption is that your argument is racist. Incidentally, the same argument was used by Donald Trump when confronted with historical sexual abuse cases, the same argument is used by paedophiles over historical child abuse cases, the same argument is currently being used to defend Prince Andrews against his accusers. You're in the esteemed company of people who are also..."a bit thick" 😁 

The Mighty Thor
2 hours ago, SE16 3LN said:

No, my assumption is that your argument is racist. Incidentally, the same argument was used by Donald Trump when confronted with historical sexual abuse cases, the same argument is used by paedophiles over historical child abuse cases, the same argument is currently being used to defend Prince Andrews against his accusers. You're in the esteemed company of people who are also..."a bit thick" 😁 

Dodge. Deflect. 

Same MO.

Same lack of answers.

Same low grade trolling.

2 hours ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Dodge. Deflect. 

Same MO.

Same lack of answers.

Same low grade trolling.

and you're calling me thick.

There are loads of reasons people don't report abuse when it  happens. Here's three,

1. Fear of retaliation/reprisal

2. Lack of faith in the individuals and organisations they're reporting it to

3. Victim shaming - that's what's going on in this case

Trapper John McIntyre
21 minutes ago, SE16 3LN said:

There are loads of reasons people don't report abuse when it  happens. Here's three,

You should be used to how this place works. Question any JKB orthodoxy, in this case Scottish Nationalism, and the pack dogs invariably attack en masse. Their language is usually that of the classic cybernats that they are. So don't expect anything less. It brings them comfort to abuse when they lose the argument and can't debate rationally.  Some have gone nuclear over the Stephen  Daisley article. They don't like it when the racist moniker they just love to throw at 'yoons' is chucked back at them in spades.  In fact, I'm happy to say, they appear to be positively seething.

So just take their usual bile with some good old fashioned British sang-froid.

Oh, and sometimes the mods will intervene on your behalf. Just be nice to them. They're nice people.

8 hours ago, Trapper John McIntyre said:

You should be used to how this place works. Question any JKB orthodoxy, in this case Scottish Nationalism, and the pack dogs invariably attack en masse. Their language is usually that of the classic cybernats that they are. So don't expect anything less. It brings them comfort to abuse when they lose the argument and can't debate rationally.  Some have gone nuclear over the Stephen  Daisley article. They don't like it when the racist moniker they just love to throw at 'yoons' is chucked back at them in spades.  In fact, I'm happy to say, they appear to be positively seething.

So just take their usual bile with some good old fashioned British sang-froid.

Oh, and sometimes the mods will intervene on your behalf. Just be nice to them. They're nice people.

:rofl:

Ive read your bile in the comments section of the Scotsman, Sir John.  You've a real brass neck. 

Trapper John McIntyre
1 hour ago, ri Alban said:

:rofl:

Ive read your bile in the comments section of the Scotsman, Sir John.  You've a real brass neck. 

The only one one who goes near the Scotsman comments section is you not me it seems.

I never go near it or the paper itself.

But keep spouting your dire ri Alban if it brings you  comfort.

Edited by Trapper John McIntyre

The Mighty Thor
11 hours ago, SE16 3LN said:

Again your reading and understanding is letting you down. I said you were being selective or a bit thick.

Your reasons for people not reporting abuse are all valid and I could understand them all,  however none of them hold any water when you run and plaster it all over Twitter, the internet and finally in a puff piece in the Daily Mail. 

Again you and troller john mcintroll jumped all over an article which suggested scots are racist. The trap you both fell into was that racist scots = racist SNP. 

You both appear to be unable to get your heads around the notion that self determination is not racism. 

20 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Again your reading and understanding is letting you down. I said you were being selective or a bit thick.

Your reasons for people not reporting abuse are all valid and I could understand them all,  however none of them hold any water when you run and plaster it all over Twitter, the internet and finally in a puff piece in the Daily Mail. 

Again you and troller john mcintroll jumped all over an article which suggested scots are racist. The trap you both fell into was that racist scots = racist SNP. 

You both appear to be unable to get your heads around the notion that self determination is not racism. 

So its ok to retaliate against a victim of racism or shame them if they do nothing at the time of the incident but then raise it at a later date. I don't think you're aware how racism, and the fight against racism works, but I don't think you want to be racist. I can recommend some good race awareness training. Let me know and I'll PM you the details. 

The other point about racist Scots=racist SNP is valid although I didn't say that. I haven't heard anyone say that self determination is racism although Nationalism always relies on racism and/or xenophobia to stoke the fires. To deny that would be disingenuous in my opinion. 

coconut doug

The other point about racist Scots=racist SNP is valid although I didn't say that. I haven't heard anyone say that self determination is racism although Nationalism always relies on racism and/or xenophobia to stoke the fires. To deny that would be disingenuous in my opinion. 

Well we've heard it now if you assume that self determination and Nationalism are the same thing. I'm not sure which you think the Yes movement predominantly is or if you make a distinction between the two.

We are not trying to stoke any fires. The inadequacy and fragility of the UK is even more obvious now. Why would any reasonable person want to inflame the situation? We might not be winning the argument by using persuasion but the Unionist side is surely losing it because of their lies, intolerance and anti-democratic posturing. 

You claim to know a lot about racism so can you tell us which side of the political spectrum most racists inhabit and which side you will find most of the Indy supporters?  

The Mighty Thor

So its ok to retaliate against a victim of racism or shame them if they do nothing at the time of the incident but then raise it at a later date. I don't think you're aware how racism, and the fight against racism works, but I don't think you want to be racist. I can recommend some good race awareness training. Let me know and I'll PM you the details. 

Again your understanding skills are killing you. 

I've stated from the off that the racist abuse Jackie Kay received was out of order and should be called out and dealt with. 

You're deflecting again raising a strawman argument about me being racist. 

Its poor trolling again. 

You're not very good at this are you?

7 hours ago, SE16 3LN said:

...although Nationalism always relies on racism and/or xenophobia to stoke the fires. To deny that would be disingenuous in my opinion. 

So you agree that the leave campaign during the Brexit referendum used this? Glad we can agree on something!