Even More SNP Nonsense

Stuart Lyon

9 hours ago, Hasselhoff said:

Have you not suggested in the past that the next indyref should be limited to only Scots being allowed to vote? 

Yip, to make a point, as in brexit. But it's ok for Wm to stop EU residents voting,(Won them their so called sovereignty back). But anti English to suggest the same for us. Go figure!

Edited by ri Alban

• Replies 11.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Space Mackerel

• deesidejambo

• Pans Jambo

• JamboX2

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

3 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

Dependent on Brussels and almost every single Union and treaty on the planet outwith big bad Westminster you mean?

:fonzie:

Feck! That was ages ago, big yin.

9 hours ago, Jambo_Gaz said:

So you believe the SNP are right to press ahead testing barely literate kids against the will of parliament?

I'd leave teaching to the teachers. But if annoys you. C'mon the SNP.

jack D and coke
12 hours ago, Hasselhoff said:

Have you not suggested in the past that the next indyref should be limited to only Scots being allowed to vote? 

I said that before the last indyref, I don’t see a problem with that tbh. I’d extend it to Scots living in the British isles too as it affects them but an EU citizen shouldn’t have a vote imo. 

If for instance I lived in Catalonia I’d never vote in their referendums just out of respect tbh. It’s far too emotional a vote for someone who’s not from here to properly understand. 

17 hours ago, jack D and coke said:

I said that before the last indyref, I don’t see a problem with that tbh. I’d extend it to Scots living in the British isles too as it affects them but an EU citizen shouldn’t have a vote imo. 

If for instance I lived in Catalonia I’d never vote in their referendums just out of respect tbh. It’s far too emotional a vote for someone who’s not from here to properly understand. 

I dont disagree with this but in the same manner, should we allow English born people living in Scotland to vote on Scottish Independence?

Opens a can of worms.

jack D and coke
2 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

I dont disagree with this but in the same manner, should we allow English born people living in Scotland to vote on Scottish Independence?

Opens a can of worms.

I guess the answer is yes. Affects them also and they at least get the emotional side of it too. 

I suppose when you think about it if you’ve lived here long enough you should get a vote. 

I’d still abstain if I was living in Catalonia for example. I’d leave it to the natives to decide and accept their decision. 

Space Mackerel
58 minutes ago, Jambo_Gaz said:

500 word essay on Tory austerity implemented under Cameron and Clegg since 2010 please. 

I’ll accept failing schools in England and Wales if you get writers block. 

maroonlegions
10 hours ago, ri Alban said:

:raging: SNP!

Look closer to home in the form of  the new prime minister in waiting , yes Boris the clown DID utter these words once. 

Image may contain: 1 person, text

Squeaky clean Tories eh.. casting the first stone and all that jazz..

default_suso2.gif

SNP nowhere NEAR perfect.

Name me ONE political party today that could do ANY better in Scotland thats currently doing well in ANY measurable way ANYWHERE else in the UK right now or in the last 10 years???

One. 

55 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

Name me ONE political party today that could do ANY better in Scotland thats currently doing well in ANY measurable way ANYWHERE else in the UK right now or in the last 10 years???

One. 

13 Tory MPs wrote a letter to the future PM, to bypass Holyrood. Scum!

1 hour ago, maroonlegions said:

Look closer to home in the form of  the new prime minister in waiting , yes Boris the clown DID utter these words once. 

default_suso2.gif

Media blackout in Scotland about Boris.

1 hour ago, maroonlegions said:

default_suso2.gif

Did this come from The National article which states at the top that it is a parody?

13 hours ago, maroonlegions said:

No, no he did not, and spreading shit like this as if it were factual does nothing but make independence supporters look like morons.

https://www.thenational.scot/news/17699316.we-need-to-tax-the-grievance-monkey-unwashed-jocks-until-they-squeak/

13 hours ago, Pans Jambo said:

One. 

Still no response...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

What's going on with this wind farm in Methil? Get the finger oot and make the company employ local firms or GTF.

Edited by ri Alban

SwindonJambo
1 hour ago, ri Alban said:

What's going on with this wind farm in Methil? Get the finger oot and make the company employ local firms or GTF.

That's protectionism and would go against EU procurement rules. 

5 hours ago, SwindonJambo said:

That's protectionism and would go against EU procurement rules. 

I know, but seriously Indonesia? 

Edited by ri Alban

On 15/06/2019 at 18:26, maroonlegions said:

default_suso2.gif

The internet is not for you, mate. 

Phil Dunphy
On 15/06/2019 at 18:26, maroonlegions said:

default_suso2.gif

Scary how many people treat things they see on Facebook as being true.

jambos are go!

Westminister preparing to recruit and fund 20,000 new police officers. Under the Barnett formula this should provide  enough funding to recruit  more that 2000 extra police officers in Scotland to tackle the Drugs crisis so neglected by the SNP.  And the SNP played no part in getting that funding. Better together indeed.

Roxy Hearts
14 minutes ago, jambos are go! said:

Westminister preparing to recruit and fund 20,000 new police officers. Under the Barnett formula this should provide  enough funding to recruit  more that 2000 extra police officers in Scotland to tackle the Drugs crisis so neglected by the SNP.  And the SNP played no part in getting that funding. Better together indeed.

It's our money anyway ffs. Formulas, budgets, allowances. We are our own country under servitude! Unionists missing the point as usual. 

jambos are go!
59 minutes ago, Roxy Hearts said:

It's our money anyway ffs. Formulas, budgets, allowances. We are our own country under servitude! Unionists missing the point as usual. 

Empty rhetoric as usual.

AlphonseCapone
1 hour ago, jambos are go! said:

Paid for by taxes paid by Scottish people. They aren't gifting us anything. 

Roxy Hearts
15 minutes ago, jambos are go! said:

Empty rhetoric as usual.

What's rhetorical about it? Give us our independence back and we can blame ourselves for our shortcomings and vote out the government when they fail. 

jambos are go!
37 minutes ago, AlphonseCapone said:

Paid for by taxes paid by Scottish people. They aren't gifting us anything. 

The Barnett formula delivers more than our fair share IIRC.  And the SNP have not used their tax raising powers to deliver the extra money to fund 2000 extra police offers to tackle the Drugs emergency they have brought upon us.

AlphonseCapone
1 minute ago, jambos are go! said:

The Barnett formula delivers more than our fair share IIRC.  And the SNP have not used their tax raising powers to deliver the extra money to fund 2000 extra police offers to tackle the Drugs emergency they have brought upon us.

I can't take you seriously if you are blaming the drug problem on the SNP. 

jambos are go!
28 minutes ago, Roxy Hearts said:

What's rhetorical about it? Give us our independence back and we can blame ourselves for our shortcomings and vote out the government when they fail. 

Its all words and bluster with no facts to back it up. All rhetoric and no substance. 

In 1707 and 2014 we chose to join then remain in the UK unless you had not noticed. 

jambos are go!
3 minutes ago, AlphonseCapone said:

I can't take you seriously if you are blaming the drug problem on the SNP. 

How convenient!!

5 minutes ago, jambos are go! said:

As you well know we have almost 1000 more police officers now than when the SNP first came to power 12 years ago. Meanwhile your Tory Westminster lot have reduced numbers by 20000.  

coconut doug
4 minutes ago, jambos are go! said:

The Barnett formula was designed to deliver a fair share. 

The SNP have used their  tax raising powers to deliver extra money which will be spent on whatever the government thinks is a priority.

Additional police officers in Scotland might not be the priority for number of reasons but in E+W where they lost 20,000 officers over the last few years it is. 

Scotland has a declining crime rate as opposed to an increasing crime rate in E+W across all areas but in particular to do with violent crime. E+W will have to restore their policing levels to deal with this but Scotland doesn't have the same problem and hasn't reduced their police numbers.

You seem to think that increasing the number of police in Scotland would alleviate the drugs crisis. Are you able to tell us how such additional resources might be best applied or are your comments only rhetoric?

Roxy Hearts
19 minutes ago, jambos are go! said:

Its all words and bluster with no facts to back it up. All rhetoric and no substance. 

In 1707 and 2014 we chose to join then remain in the UK unless you had not noticed. 

What bluster? You're a unionist for goodness sake. Deal with the shortcomings of Westminster. There's quite a lot. 

Seymour M Hersh
1 hour ago, Roxy Hearts said:

What bluster? You're a unionist for goodness sake. Deal with the shortcomings of Westminster. There's quite a lot. 

So unionists can't be concerned with Scotland as well?  How very SNP of you.  Unless you're a party member you're not really Scottish eh?

Roxy Hearts
7 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

So unionists can't be concerned with Scotland as well?  How very SNP of you.  Unless you're a party member you're not really Scottish eh?

I'm not a party member. Just find the intellect of independence suits my thoughts. I would vote Conservative in an independent Scotland. I do loath some unionists though. 

jambos are go!
1 hour ago, coconut doug said:

The Barnett formula was designed to deliver a fair share. 

The SNP have used their  tax raising powers to deliver extra money which will be spent on whatever the government thinks is a priority.

Additional police officers in Scotland might not be the priority for number of reasons but in E+W where they lost 20,000 officers over the last few years it is. 

Scotland has a declining crime rate as opposed to an increasing crime rate in E+W across all areas but in particular to do with violent crime. E+W will have to restore their policing levels to deal with this but Scotland doesn't have the same problem and hasn't reduced their police numbers.

You seem to think that increasing the number of police in Scotland would alleviate the drugs crisis. Are you able to tell us how such additional resources might be best applied or are your comments only rhetoric?

Firstly, the BARNETT formula delivers over 10 % per head more in Scotland than it should based on a per head split. to suggest otherwise is a lie.

If your figures on please numbers are correct a depleted police force down south is helping keeping drug deaths down to a third of Scottish levels.

I think extra money from Westminster could obviously be used to help fight the war on drugs through increased community pleasing for instance.Is that not self evident?

Don't you want the money Westminster will hand over?

Seymour M Hersh
5 minutes ago, Roxy Hearts said:

I'm not a party member. Just find the intellect of independence suits my thoughts. I would vote Conservative in an independent Scotland. I do loath some unionists though. 

I'm not sure I get you there Byron Ferrari! 

jambos are go!

Dear oh dear. I would have a more informed debate with a Haggis.

Roxy Hearts
14 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

I'm not sure I get you there Byron Ferrari! 

Used to be a Labour voter but changed my mind as didn't like the way they treated us Scots dummies. I was an unthinking sheep. 

Roxy Hearts
9 minutes ago, jambos are go! said:

Dear oh dear. I would have a more informed debate with a Haggis.

I like haggis and folk more informed than me have answered your Barnett garbage. Narrow-minded parochial Brit, eh? 

3 hours ago, jambos are go! said:

Who's we. There was no vote in 1700s and the Scots were out voted by the help of foreign residents. Let's go just Scots, just like the EUref or is that racist, if so brexit is a racist.

jambos are go!

I like haggis and folk more informed than me have answered your Barnett garbage. Narrow-minded parochial Brit, eh? 

Please explain how they have answered my Barnett point?

Roxy Hearts
15 minutes ago, jambos are go! said:

Please explain how they have answered my Barnett point?

You honestly think that being given some of our own money instead of all it through a stupid formula serves our country best? Seriously? 

coconut doug
12 minutes ago, jambos are go! said:

Firstly, the BARNETT formula delivers over 10 % per head more in Scotland than it should based on a per head split. to suggest otherwise is a lie.

If your figures on please numbers are correct a depleted police force down south is helping keeping drug deaths down to a third of Scottish levels.

I think extra money from Westminster could obviously be used to help fight the war on drugs through increased community pleasing for instance.Is that not self evident?

Don't you want the money Westminster will hand over?

The Barnett formula was devised so as not to have public expenditure apportioned on a per capita basis. To suggest otherwise is to deny reality.

Drug death information is collected on a different basis in England and Wales compared to Scotland meaning that as all deaths linked in any way to drugs are classed as drug related in Scotland. This is not the case in E+W.. There is also a historical element to the current increase in drug deaths i.e. older drug users being more proportionately affected. Drug taking habits appear to have changed and are different in Scotland compared to E+W. I'm not clear how increasing the number of police officers would improve these reasons for Scotland's high drug death rates.

If you look at the breakdown of drug related crime in Scotland you will see that overall drug crime has dropped but that there has been a substantial increase in convictions for the importation of drugs. Maybe it's the money in drug dealing that keeps the business so bouyant. Perhaps if they decriminalised large parts of it resources could be focused on areas where it would be most effective.

Clearly police numbers are not self evidently useful to help the war on drugs. Scotland has higher rates of policing than E+W and yet they have lower drug deaths. It seems there is an inverse relationship. Many Police chiefs in Scotland and all over the world claim that the war on drugs has been lost. Perhaps you are suggesting that our police are particularly inept and encouraged to be so by the SNP or maybe you are in favour of an approach similar to that carried out in the Phillipines. 

Of course people would want the money why would you suggest otherwise? The problem is though how would the money be spent and if it is to be spent on reducing drug death rates perhaps it would be best spent on health and education related issues rather than the police.

jambos are go!
29 minutes ago, Roxy Hearts said:

You honestly think that being given some of our own money instead of all it through a stupid formula serves our country best? Seriously? 

Could you put some bones on that arguement. Facts and figures that is.

jambos are go!
23 minutes ago, coconut doug said:

The Barnett formula was devised so as not to have public expenditure apportioned on a per capita basis. To suggest otherwise is to deny reality.

Drug death information is collected on a different basis in England and Wales compared to Scotland meaning that as all deaths linked in any way to drugs are classed as drug related in Scotland. This is not the case in E+W.. There is also a historical element to the current increase in drug deaths i.e. older drug users being more proportionately affected. Drug taking habits appear to have changed and are different in Scotland compared to E+W. I'm not clear how increasing the number of police officers would improve these reasons for Scotland's high drug death rates.

If you look at the breakdown of drug related crime in Scotland you will see that overall drug crime has dropped but that there has been a substantial increase in convictions for the importation of drugs. Maybe it's the money in drug dealing that keeps the business so bouyant. Perhaps if they decriminalised large parts of it resources could be focused on areas where it would be most effective.

Clearly police numbers are not self evidently useful to help the war on drugs. Scotland has higher rates of policing than E+W and yet they have lower drug deaths. It seems there is an inverse relationship. Many Police chiefs in Scotland and all over the world claim that the war on drugs has been lost. Perhaps you are suggesting that our police are particularly inept and encouraged to be so by the SNP or maybe you are in favour of an approach similar to that carried out in the Phillipines. 

Of course people would want the money why would you suggest otherwise? The problem is though how would the money be spent and if it is to be spent on reducing drug death rates perhaps it would be best spent on health and education related issues rather than the police.

So you think the difference in drug deaths is down to the way the stats are compiled.Really?

Roxy Hearts
6 minutes ago, jambos are go! said:

Could you put some bones on that arguement. Facts and figures that is.

What facts and figures? The Westminster government won't let us know what Scotland provides in total monies. Giving a country a sum of its money instead of all of it tells its own story. A chappie on Sky recently stated Scotland produces 200billion but don't think he meant to let the secret out! Can't substantiate it but he did say it.