• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Space Mackerel

• deesidejambo

• Pans Jambo

• JamboX2

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm feeling a bit besieged here. A lot of really angry posters all wanting to take a bite out of me. I'm like India being attacked from all sides by Imperialistic types wanting to empty me of what makes me great. :(

I'm feeling a bit besieged here. A lot of really angry posters all wanting to take a bite out of me. I'm like India being attacked from all sides by Imperialistic types wanting to empty me of what makes me great. :(

How apt my caption was

How apt my caption was

I liked it too. I gave it a generous mark. :thumbsup:

(Now I feel like Ghandi extending a peaceful hand to my hateful attacker.) :)

AlphonseCapone

On a scale of 1-10 id say Scotland was as liberated as you can get.

Try reading what i posted again as you seem to have jumped in without thinking.

Granted a trait common these days to so called left leaners

What about a scale of 1 - 20 though?

Space Mackerel

Clearly whoever wrote that shit is about as worth reading as your shit.

Scotland at any point is able to remove itself from the union with England through the will and democratic right of the people who live here.

That includes english or any other demograph.

One other thing spacey .

Your last post regarding my writing style.

Would that be in response to the poster who backed up your credentials as a hearts fan which were convenient to say the least.

Wee ginger dug may be able to convince you. But until you and earl face up to the fact that real people with reality in mind need convinced of the posivitive argument for independence.

That economic and present future politics will work for them and their children.

Then no amount of past sins or braveheart mentality will deliver that goal.

That was a positive case for independence that WGD blogged.

Most Of Yes's arguments are positive. It's the Brit Nats that have started Project Fear Mk 2 already, without a date of the referendum being declared.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

deesidejambo

That was a positive case for independence that WGD blogged.

Most Of Yes's arguments are positive. It's the Brit Nats that have started Project Fear Mk 2 already, without a date of the referendum being declared.

Apart from Nippy and Eck repeatedly declaring it to be highly likely.

Now they have to call it or shut their pieholes a for a generation

Space Mackerel

Apart from Nippy and Eck repeatedly declaring it to be highly likely.

Now they have to call it or shut their pieholes a for a generation

Starting from 49% instead of 28% this time. :)

49%???  Thought you got 45%.

Latest polls showing support for Indy is falling not rising.  Only 25% want ref2.

deesidejambo

Maybe you can get to 120% then

deesidejambo

49%??? Thought you got 45%.

Latest polls showing support for Indy is falling not rising. Only 25% want ref2.

Indeed the call for Ref2 is low but Nippy is cornered. She will come under pressure to get off the fence as the Country gets more tired of the uncertainty.

Space Mackerel

49%??? Thought you got 45%.

Latest polls showing support for Indy is falling not rising. Only 25% want ref2.

You've got to stop reading that Yoon press, it's giving you a false sense of security.

deesidejambo

You've got to stop reading that Yoon press, it's giving you a false sense of security.

So the polls are also lying?

For normal people - support for Ref2 is around 25%.  Nicola is cornered.

For Space Missile - Support for Ref 2 is 100% and 100% if everyone will vote Yes.

Space Mackerel

So the polls are also lying?

For normal people - support for Ref2 is around 25%. Nicola is cornered.

For Space Missile - Support for Ref 2 is 100% and 100% if everyone will vote Yes.

You believe whatever you want to believe.

As I've said numerous times, the next one will be called when it's a def Yes.

deesidejambo

You believe whatever you want to believe.

As I've said numerous times, the next one will be called when it's a def Yes.

Then you will have a long wait.

Tick

Tock

New batteries required

Space Mackerel

Then you will have a long wait.

Tick

Tock

New batteries required

You better tell Mooth, May and Mundell then.

They're in a right wee panic about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I'm not surprised polls show a reluctance to have another referendum.  In truth, I'm not sure anyone wants one, however Brexit has acted as a catalyst, IMO.  Equally, those calling for the Scottish Government to call one now are not going to get that.  The Govt will bide its time, wait to see how Brexit unfolds etc, which makes sense to me.

So, in other words, we'll see.  

I'm not surprised polls show a reluctance to have another referendum. In truth, I'm not sure anyone wants one, however Brexit has acted as a catalyst, IMO. Equally, those calling for the Scottish Government to call one now are not going to get that. The Govt will bide its time, wait to see how Brexit unfolds etc, which makes sense to me.

A catalyst for what? The SNP were drawing up their plans for another referendum the day after the Brexit vote. Had their been any sight of a surge in support for independence we'd have seen those plans, there wasn't, so we haven't.

I'm not surprised polls show a reluctance to have another referendum.  In truth, I'm not sure anyone wants one, however Brexit has acted as a catalyst, IMO.  Equally, those calling for the Scottish Government to call one now are not going to get that.  The Govt will bide its time, wait to see how Brexit unfolds etc, which makes sense to me.

not that I have any faith in a snap poll from a selected demographic area which actually might have people from a different area passing through, but I seen one somewhere that said 59% would like the fish to STFU about independence and start running the country and 12% who wanted to keep prattling on about independence

A catalyst for what? The SNP were drawing up their plans for another referendum the day after the Brexit vote. Had their been any sight of a surge in support for independence we'd have seen those plans, there wasn't, so we haven't.

Sturgeon has been at pains to NOT go gung ho (IMO) but Davidson seems to be the one obsessed with it.  I don't disagree with your point regards had there been support it would have been called already, either.

But the idea of "material change" could lead to another indy ref, and Brexit is certainly that, so in that sense it is Brexit that has led us to where we are i.e. it is the catalyst in all of this.  Had there been no Brexit vote, or a remain win, we wouldn't be discussing this right now.

Space Mackerel

not that I have any faith in a snap poll from a selected demographic area which actually might have people from a different area passing through, but I seen one somewhere that said 59% would like the fish to STFU about independence and start running the country and 12% who wanted to keep prattling on about independence

Where did you get these figures from?

Thunderstruck

Sturgeon has been at pains to NOT go gung ho (IMO) but Davidson seems to be the one obsessed with it. I don't disagree with your point regards had there been support it would have been called already, either.

But the idea of "material change" could lead to another indy ref, and Brexit is certainly that, so in that sense it is Brexit that has led us to where we are i.e. it is the catalyst in all of this. Had there been no Brexit vote, or a remain win, we wouldn't be discussing this right now.

If the UK had voted to remain in EU, we would be discussing some other pretext. Of that, there can be no doubt; independence is the oxygen of the SNP and a useful smokescreen for an abysmal record in Government.

It does seem, however, that those who favour Independence have conflated Scotland's predominantly "Remain" stance with a vote to "Leave" the UK. There are far too many variables for that to be predicted with any certainty whatsoever.

The simple fact is that despite the "Leave" vote, support for Independence remains becalmed at circa 35% of the electorate and support for another referendum declines steadily. Several polls in recent weeks confirm this.

If the UK had voted to remain in EU, we would be discussing some other pretext. Of that, there can be no doubt; independence is the oxygen of the SNP and a useful smokescreen for an abysmal record in Government.

It does seem, however, that those who favour Independence have conflated Scotland's predominantly "Remain" stance with a vote to "Leave" the UK. There are far too many variables for that to be predicted with any certainty whatsoever.

The simple fact is that despite the "Leave" vote, support for Independence remains becalmed at circa 35% of the electorate and support for another referendum declines steadily. Several polls in recent weeks confirm this.

By the same methodology less than 50% of the electorate wish to remain as part of the UK. :wink:

Would we be discussing another pretext?  I'm not so sure.

For the record, I don't vote SNP, but I'm not sure their record is "abysmal", yet if it is, why do they still get returned to office in record numbers by those who bother to vote?  Let's face it, Scotland returned a majority of pro-independence MSP's at the last Holyrood elections.

Dusk_Till_Dawn

Correct.

Where did you get these figures from?

it was in one of the morning papers I think, they've all got a poll about summit. it wont have made WOS so you'll miss it.

deesidejambo

By the same methodology less than 50% of the electorate wish to remain as part of the UK. :wink:

Would we be discussing another pretext? I'm not so sure.

For the record, I don't vote SNP, but I'm not sure their record is "abysmal", yet if it is, why do they still get returned to office in record numbers by those who bother to vote? Let's face it, Scotland returned a majority of pro-independence MSP's at the last Holyrood elections.

There is a link but we shouldn't conflate need for Indy with SNP representation at Westminster or Holyrood.

Ian quite happy to vote for Calum Mcaig as my Westminster MP as he is doing a good job for his constituents on local issues here.

But that's the problem for Nippy: the better job they do for Scotland in Westminster, the less the need for Independence as Scots see their needs being met by, ironically, the SNP.

This explains the difference in percentage vote share between elections and Referenda.

deesidejambo

it was in one of the morning papers I think, they've all got a poll about summit. it wont have made WOS so you'll miss it.

I am a No voter and I want Indyref2 asap to put this issue to bed so we can end the uncertainty and move on.

Either that or bin it for a generation.

But the limbo we are now in is sad for all in Scotland as we remain divided and unable to move on.

jambo lodge

Former SNP leader , Gordon Wilson in pro indy paper The Herald saying today " SNP face referendum at the worst possible time".   

Former SNP leader , Gordon Wilson in pro indy paper The Herald saying today " SNP face referendum at the worst possible time".

But they'll want another referendum, and if they don't win they'll want another..... Then another...

Do the SNP have plans for a repeat referendum, if a yes vote prevails, for the Stay Together side to try and win again?

Space Mackerel

it was in one of the morning papers I think, they've all got a poll about summit. it wont have made WOS so you'll miss it.

What morning paper? Which one do you read?

The tartan Taliban will be calling him a traitor for going off message and speaking such blasphemy.

Harry Potter

Fish puss will call a second Ref within 2 weeks, source my BBC  mate, this will get messy, Silly cow, loves scotland , arsehole.

Space Mackerel

I am a No voter and I want Indyref2 asap to put this issue to bed so we can end the uncertainty and move on.

Either that or bin it for a generation.

But the limbo we are now in is sad for all in Scotland as we remain divided and unable to move on.

And the UK isn't divided at this moment in time? :lol:

I think you Yoons need a reality check to what the Tory party have done, worse than supposedly the SNP.

Space Mackerel

Fish puss will call a second Ref within 2 weeks, source my BBC mate, this will get messy, Silly cow, loves scotland , arsehole.

Oor Nic getting this yin seething. [emoji41]^^^^^

I agree it makes sense, but if Brexit turns out to be successful, then Sturgeon will have some job convincing Scots to vote Indy with a view to joining the Euro, shengen and everything else that goes along with EU membership.  Leaving behind Scotland's biggest export market in rUK.

Harry Potter

Oor Nic getting this yin seething. [emoji41]^^^^^

OOr Nic ha ha ha, shes in it for herself , no brains u lot, oor nic, ha ha, 

deesidejambo

And the UK isn't divided at this moment in time? :lol:

I think you Yoons need a reality check to what the Tory party have done, worse than supposedly the SNP.

I'm more concerned that, even if Indy prevails, Scotland remains bitterly divided. And this division is made worse by the uncertainty over all our futures and the future for our kids.

And the only way to heal is move on. And the only way to move on is to have another Ref.

So get on with it Nicola for the people of Scotland to decide. Again.

Fish puss will call a second Ref within 2 weeks, source my BBC mate, this will get messy, Silly cow, loves scotland , arsehole.

Hope so. Sooner the better and they can be slapped down again

Thunderstruck

Would we be discussing another pretext? I'm not so sure.

For the record, I don't vote SNP, but I'm not sure their record is "abysmal", yet if it is, why do they still get returned to office in record numbers by those who bother to vote? Let's face it, Scotland returned a majority of pro-independence MSP's at the last Holyrood elections.

Re your last paragraph, the absolute number of votes cast for SNP remains pretty much unchanged. They are, however, better motivated, be it through a sense of grievance at the Referendum result ir thanks to the party mechanism. Add that to Labour in meltdown and you have a recipe for the SNP to be elected irrespective of their management competence. The SNP support is just as tribal as Labour once was.

As for Westminster, that is the fault of FPTP - something that you, I think, highlighted recently. By votes cast, there is no way that the SNP should have the monopoly of seats.

List of countries who have gained independence from the UK.

How very dare they [emoji2]

10dcefdb8f77d309014679097d152968.png

c9db47e238a92999ee449867c9be6626.png

22509588a1c5fe94178be1f1f1d7833d.png

664d17bb5e4f4603fe3df4c55e6ab65a.png

1f4c75bf4bd070e358bbf756b238699d.png

Very good. They weren't the UK though were they?

We are not gaining it from someone. We are not a colony. We are proposing to break up a nation. The equivalence would be the break up of the USSR or Czechoslovakia.

Space Mackerel

We are not gaining it from someone. We are not a colony. We are proposing to break up a nation. The equivalence would be the break up of the USSR or Czechoslovakia.

You think all these Baltic states are dying to join back up with Russia now?

[emoji2]

DanishTam10

You actually believe you are like pre-independence India cos of this convo on Kickback?

DanishTam10

We have shite oil [emoji53]

Everywhere else in the world has good oil. [emoji53]

is something a person who can't make and argument would say. 

Space Mackerel

is something a person who can't make and argument would say.

I've already explained why the North Sea tax take has been crap for the last few years whilst Norway has made profit. This is from a director of an oil company who has been a personal friend for 40 years.

We are proposing the break up of a union of nations.

And it is a good example you give .

The USSR.

Thats why i cannot get my head around those who wish independence and membership of the EU.

Can anyone give an example of union of countries where itbwas not set up to benefit the central power that originated the idea.

Even the USA sees the wealth disproportionate to the victors .