Even More SNP Nonsense

Stuart Lyon

jambos are go!

Lochead no longer has the Agriculture job but he oversaw the payments fiasco then resigned for personal reasons but has now returned in another role methinks. This allows the new Minister (Keith Brown?) To say it wisnae me. Old political trick to be honest.

Nicola Sturgeon had overall responsibility throughout.

• Replies 11.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Space Mackerel

• deesidejambo

• Pans Jambo

• JamboX2

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Space Mackerel

In a normal country, the answer to that would be yes. They would be thrown out on their ear.

An electorate that votes against Independence and then massively returns the same separatist party to power is not normal.

It took 60 years to see through SLAB. You're in for a long ride :)

SNP spent less on EU vote than it did fighting a by-election in Glenrothes.

Seem Sturgeon and the separatists did not try a leg about Europe, all mouth and no action. Glenrothes got more cash spent on it.

http://www.heraldscotland.com/news/14934241.SNP_spent_less_on_EU_vote_than_it_did_fighting_a_by_election_in_Glenrothes/?ref=twtrec

SNP spent less on EU vote than it did fighting a by-election in Glenrothes.

Seem Sturgeon and the separatists did not try a leg about Europe, all mouth and no action. Glenrothes got more cash spent on it.

http://www.heraldscotland.com/news/14934241.SNP_spent_less_on_EU_vote_than_it_did_fighting_a_by_election_in_Glenrothes/?ref=twtrec

And overall, Scotland voted to remain in the EU, seems like money well spent to me and any more would have been wasted. Plenty of things to have a go at the SNP about but this is ridiculous. 

Although I'm sure if they had spent millions on remain people would be complaining it was money wasted

Thunderstruck

In a normal country, the answer to that would be yes. They would be thrown out on their ear.

An electorate that votes against Independence and then massively returns the same separatist party to power is not normal.

Don't be fooled by the hype.

If we believe the party faithful, the SNP bandwagon continues to grow and is mobilised in pursuit of the ultimate objective. Strange then, is it not, that the actual numbers who bothered to cast a vote in their favour had declined by 33% between Sept 2014 and this May (1.61m to 1.06m). Maybe they are not mobilised enough.

Maroon Sailor

Hyslop should take a leaf out of fellow Irvine girl Sturgeon and lose a few pounds. Wee nippy was a bit of a porker in her motorcycle helmet days

I have this vision of Richard Lochead with his list of Scottish products searching the shelves of every store he goes into to check whether that company (probably focuses on English ones) has them on sale! 

You initiate a thread complaining about "SNP nonsense" and "triviality" and then you post this.

Trapper John McIntyre

You initiate a thread complaining about "SNP nonsense" and "triviality" and then you post this.

Irony alert.

Don't be fooled by the hype.

If we believe the party faithful, the SNP bandwagon continues to grow and is mobilised in pursuit of the ultimate objective. Strange then, is it not, that the actual numbers who bothered to cast a vote in their favour had declined by 33% between Sept 2014 and this May (1.61m to 1.06m). Maybe they are not mobilised enough.

Twisting reality does your case no good at all.

Can you provide evidence that 1.61m people voted SNP in Sep 2014?         Perhaps like others on here it came to you in a vision.

CD - Am I not allowed a vision under SNP rule? Is this what they tell the cult members at their conferences and meetings - no visions of your own only our vision!

Thunderstruck

Twisting reality does your case no good at all.

Can you provide evidence that 1.61m people voted SNP in Sep 2014? Perhaps like others on here it came to you in a vision.

Did you read TJM's post - the one that was quoted in my reply? It seems not as you might then have understood the point being made.

To save you wasting time bothering me again, I am conflating the Yes vote with subsequent SNP votes to make a point. The point being that support seems not to be what the brainwashed (on too hot a cycle) SNP drones are gulled into believing.

CD - Am I not allowed a vision under SNP rule? Is this what they tell the cult members at their conferences and meetings - no visions of your own only our vision!

Of course you can have a vision - best if it does not have too much scaremongering in it though, in case the faint hearted take fright. Ours are bold visions - perhaps a step too far for some at the moment.

Trapper John McIntyre

Of course you can have a vision - best if it does not have too much scaremongering in it though, in case the faint hearted take fright. Ours are bold visions - perhaps a step too far for some at the moment.

Excuse me while I fall down laughing.

Did you read TJM's post - the one that was quoted in my reply? It seems not as you might then have understood the point being made.

To save you wasting time bothering me again, I am conflating the Yes vote with subsequent SNP votes to make a point. The point being that support seems not to be what the brainwashed (on too hot a cycle) SNP drones are gulled into believing.

Of course I read the context of the post - that's what makes it all the more silly. TJ can't understand why it is, when indy was rejected the SNP are later returned to power. He says this would not happen in a "normal country". The trouble is the percentage voting Yes is very similar to that voting SNP in later elections. The fact that there is a similar outcome, in terms of popular support, for two events that you and he consider to be near identical should not surprise anybody, whether it is in a normal country or not. One is a referendum and the other a multi-party election, that's why we had a different result.

SNP supporters understand this as do the SNP, that's why we have not yet had indyref2. These voters are not interchangeable so why compare the numbers?

BTW I'm not bothering you. I'm just making  comments about your comments.

AlphonseCapone

Sturgeon being praised in Ireland:

Irish senator to @NicolaSturgeon: ?The nationalism you espouse is very similar to the men & women of 1916.?

I'll hang out at the post office just in case.

Psychedelicropcircle

This stalemate shall continue until Westminster continued centralised power ends in federalism. So 50% SNP and 50% the rest.

As brexit means brexit. Indy means Indy. And all the sniping won't change a thing.

Maroon Sailor

This stalemate shall continue until Westminster continued centralised power ends in federalism. So 50% SNP and 50% the rest.

As brexit means brexit. Indy means Indy. And all the sniping won't change a thing.

Indy won't mean Indy until she knows she can win.

That's why she is fudging it just now and in the mean time keeps it on the table as a threat.

Nasty woman.

Trapper John McIntyre

I'll hang out at the post office just in case.

Hang this one out while you're at it:

www.scotsman.com/news/support-for-scottish-independence-lowest-since-2014-referendum-1-4304686

Edited by Trapper John McIntyre

Trapper John McIntyre

How's Kezia going?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Enjoying life in the glorious, neverending Union.

AlphonseCapone

Hang this one out while you're at it:

www.scotsman.com/news/support-for-scottish-independence-lowest-since-2014-referendum-1-4304686

That doesn't even make sense, why would I hang out a URL?

Trapper John McIntyre

Some fascinating numbers in @thetimes @YouGov poll today. Among those Scots who voted Yes and Leave, support for indy has fallen to 29%.

Another finding in @thetimes @YouGov poll today: one in three SNP voters is opposed to the party campaigning for indy during next two years.

/ Bottom line? If Nicola Sturgeon presents the next Scottish referendum as a choice between the EU and the UK, she will lose.

AlphonseCapone

Enjoying life in the glorious, neverending Union.

:lol: Scotland's been independent longer than it's been in this shan union.

Trapper John McIntyre

:lol: Scotland's been independent longer than it's been in this shan union.

Seems perfectly happy to remain in the Union, too. 

:verysmug:

Some fascinating numbers in @thetimes @YouGov poll today. Among those Scots who voted Yes and Leave, support for indy has fallen to 29%.

Another finding in @thetimes @YouGov poll today: one in three SNP voters is opposed to the party campaigning for indy during next two years.

/ Bottom line? If Nicola Sturgeon presents the next Scottish referendum as a choice between the EU and the UK, she will lose.

You are without doubt the epitome of all things sad in relation to Scottish politics. Is your mantra "Yum, yum, another piece of anti-Scottish media pie for me please". You have yet to say anything that is original and can only rattle off quotes from others, whilst being totally unaware that said quotes are the ultra selective input of those who wish Scotland ill. 

The middle tweet is the one that interests me most.

During the next two years we will find out exactly what Brexit will mean.  It may well come to pass that after that two years support for independence may rise due to the settlement.  So to campaign for independence while Brexit is being negotiated may not be the best plan of attack.

Which leads to the bottom tweet and I would disagree with his "bottom line".  In two years time it may well be a deciding factor.

Yet still the SNP dominate the Scottish political  landscape.  What a conundrum!

Funny these "polls" come out on St.Andrews day & after the Irish have announced to the world their overwhelming support for Scottish Indy.

More unionist brainwashing MSM for the masses to suck up! Next the'll be saying we can save ?350million a week for the NHS by leaving the EU!!!

Space Mackerel

Kenny Farquharson ?@KennyFarq  44m44 minutes ago

Kenny Farquharson ?@KennyFarq  37m37 minutes ago

Kenny Farquharson ?@KennyFarq  34m34 minutes ago

29%? :lol:

Only complete idiots would believe these figures and post them on here.

Trapper John McIntyre

You are without doubt the epitome of all things sad in relation to Scottish politics. Is your mantra "Yum, yum, another piece of anti-Scottish media pie for me please". You have yet to say anything that is original and can only rattle off quotes from others, whilst being totally unaware that said quotes are the ultra selective input of those who wish Scotland ill. 

What's anti-Scottish? Who's wishing Scotland ill?

Trapper John McIntyre

Funny these "polls" come out on St.Andrews day & after the Irish have announced to the world their overwhelming support for Scottish Indy.

More unionist brainwashing MSM for the masses to suck up! Next the'll be saying we can save ?350million a week for the NHS by leaving the EU!!!

That'll make all the difference.

A huge majority of those who voted Yes will have voted remain.  I suspect the 29% relates to a tiny constituency and is not significant.

As usual the graph has a hugely exaggerated y axis to portray a modest drop as a sharp fall but the commentators fail to point out that it still shows a larger support for indy than in sep2014.

The "bottom line" cannot be proved either way but the figures suggest something very close. 

Trapper John McIntyre

You'll be in good company, then.

Trapper John McIntyre

Sounds like a lot of Natz here are having difficulty (once again) with the truth.

We don't want no steenkin' Independence.