Frail - Get some B@@ll@@cks and drop the undroppable and give youth a chance...

Walter Bishop

Walter Bishop

Time for Berra and Neilson to be removed from the team!! Can Maybury play as a trialist??

My team for Aberdeen would be...

Banks

Maybury (if he can play)

McGowan

Karapidis

Wallace

Jonnson (captain?? why not?)

Ruben

Copil

Driver

Velicka

Kostadinov.

chester copperpot

Banks

Maybury (if he can play)

McGowan

Karapidis

Wallace

Templeton

Ruben

Husband

Driver/Visconte

Velicka

Kostadinov.

Walter Bishop
Goncalves is not a left back or even a centre half

did you see him last night looked like a lost bairn out there

Still would rather have him than Berra and Zaliukas!!!

Walter Bishop
Although i'm sure selecting a 12-man team would help us out, i'm not sure the SFA would look too kindly on it...

haha didnt mean for chesney to be there!!!:o

I'm sure if Frail thought the younger players were ready for the first team and that the conditions were right then some of them would be introduced.

I wish people would stop having a constant whine about Frail. He is in a position that he is not experienced enough to deal with yet. That is the fault of the Romanov regime.

The problems within the squad are deep rooted and are not of Frails making. It will take a major clear out and an experienced man to sort this. Not Frail.

Time for Berra and Neilson to be removed from the team!! Can Maybury play as a trialist??

Banks

Maybury (if he can play)

McGowan

Karapidis

Wallace

Ruben

Copil

Driver

Velicka

Kostadinov.

Michal B@@ll@@ck would never sign for us ...

dont disagree with the OP's sentiment, but not your targets. on last nights evidence the team would have been the better for the absence of stewart and miko. not sure why so many round on berra and neilson to be honest dont think the defence have done an awful lot wrong in recent couple of games. distribution hasn't been great but when you've five midfielders practically playin on top of you and invariably marked, with one man up front to aim for, its harsh having a pop at the back four for not being our creative force.

shocking tactics last night made all the worse by inept showings from the aforementioned stewart & miko, two of the more experienced players.

Although i'm sure selecting a 12-man team would help us out, i'm not sure the SFA would look too kindly on it...

Rangers and Celtic play against us with 12 men!

Banks

Maybury (if he can play)

McGowan

Karapidis

Wallace

Ruben

Copil

Driver

Velicka

Kostadinov.

Jonsson definitely could be captain but Berra has played a good captains role recently. Maybury never coped with the SPL last time he was here what chance has he now? If you're after bringing youngsters in then Thomson should replace Robbie at least Thomson showed he can play in the SPL.

Maybury's still contracted to Leicester and needs to get that sorted out before he could play for us.

I agree that it could be time to let some of the young team have a 'shot at glory' (as long as we dinnae have to watch Ally McCoist's acting!) but playing in front of the Tynie boo boys could shatter any confidence that they might have.

Banks

Maybury (if he can play)

McGowan

Karapidis

Wallace

Ruben

Copil

Driver

Velicka

Kostadinov.

cannot agree with you on the Berra comment as i for one feel he has been one of our better players recently, but Goncalves must go he is a liability.

Jonsson definitely could be captain but Berra has played a good captains role recently. Maybury never coped with the SPL last time he was here what chance has he now? If you're after bringing youngsters in then Thomson should replace Robbie at least Thomson showed he can play in the SPL.

??????? I thought he was a star performer when he was allowed to play at Right Back.

We_are_the_Hearts

Eh? Where do you get that from? He was capped for ROI when he was here and forced his way into a regular start in what was a good ROI team. He was a good player for us and supporters of other teams had the same view.

Alan Maybury was a cracking right back for us.

Get him signed up.

We cannot continue to play with Neilson and Goncalves as our full backs.

Fine Scottish Wine

I have been feeling similar for weeks now and posted similar sentiments last night re the dropping of some players and promoting the youth, it may end up a disaster but not any worse of a joke than the current crop of so called full team professionals are serving up.

Drop them and serve up some double training and extra bounce games. That should get the money grabbing complaining "we are unfit because of the last coach" mentality out of them, if it doesn't then flog them, literally flog them. Ok maybe not, maybe sell them or get them a job at the aluminium factory.

Banks

Maybury (if he can play)

McGowan

Karapidis

Wallace

Templeton

Ruben

Husband

Driver/Visconte

Velicka

Kostadinov.

The idea of playing some of these reserve/youth players is ridiculous. Players like Visconte, Templeton, Husband, Branny and Copil (who was mentioned in another team) are doing well for the youths, but this is a huge difference, especially playing them all at once. This isn't Football Manager 2008 we're playing here...

As soon as we're in the position to try out younger players we should. At the moment though, it would be counter productive. The experienced players are all toiling, the crowd are not happy and the league position's too precarious.

Another 3 or 4 wins will ensure our safety, then we can start to look at other players.

What did you think of his (and Berra's) performances last night?

I thought his passing was better than normal...i.e. he only hit 1 ball out the stadium!!!

He was poor, but so was about 6 other players. We need a new rb, lb, cb, winger, striker and attacking mid!

To be fair we could do with starting again with another 11 players. I'd like to think that Frail could be remembered as the guy who bled the youngsters similar to Sandy Clark with us or even Blobby Williamson over at the reptiles.

If Frail was to put 2 or 3 of the young guys in then the fans would be prepared to give them the backing. I feel that the current team start the game with most of the crowd just waiting for the chance to complain.

Robbie, Berra, Jose, Stewart, Clum, Zaliukis to name but a few are regularly blamed for the poor performance. Why not chuck the young lads in and show the fans that they are either ready to thrive or need a little time out on loan. FFS we persisited with Mole for half a season and he was rank. Elliot too. Surely somebody in the reserves has something about them.

Banks

Thomson

McGowan

Berra

Park

Visconte

Jonsson

Ruben

Mackle

Velicka

Glen

I'd give them my full backing because atleast these guys would burst their guts to prove they deserve their chance.

IMO, Berra is good enough and is only lacking an experienced player. Neilson is the worst player on our books, he was the worst player on our books under Levein and he is still our worst player.

Banks

Maybury (if he can play)

McGowan

Karapidis

Wallace

Ruben

Copil

Driver

Velicka

Kostadinov.

I gather from your thread that you have amended your team at least twice. First thing I would say is that should at least show that there is a bit of thought that has to go into picking the team. ;)

Secondly, how much have you seen about Kostadinov, Copil and McGowan? You may see a lot of the under 19's games (remember, Copil has rarely featured in the reserves, if at all) but I am always dumbfounded that people downcrying our first team players can easily say that the youngsters are both ready and far better. Our under 19's are not followed to that extent.

I would add that Maybury was a poor right back and I for one would not welcome him back with open arms. You must remember that he is merely training with the club, he has a contract with another club and cannot play as a trialist whilst on the books of another club.

My team would be

Banks

Thomson

Berra

Karipidis

Wallace

Cesnauskis

Jonsson

Palazuelos

Stewart

Driver (if he is injured, Visconte)

Velicka

The usual Coco show of loyalty to Robbie.;)

If it's about picking a side based on last nights performance Robbie should be one of the first names on the team sheet.

To be fair we could do with starting again with another 11 players. I'd like to think that Frail could be remembered as the guy who bled the youngsters similar to Sandy Clark with us or even Blobby Williamson over at the reptiles.

If Frail was to put 2 or 3 of the young guys in then the fans would be prepared to give them the backing. I feel that the current team start the game with most of the crowd just waiting for the chance to complain.

Robbie, Berra, Jose, Stewart, Clum, Zaliukis to name but a few are regularly blamed for the poor performance. Why not chuck the young lads in and show the fans that they are either ready to thrive or need a little time out on loan. FFS we persisited with Mole for half a season and he was rank. Elliot too. Surely somebody in the reserves has something about them.

Banks

Thomson

McGowan

Berra

Park

Visconte

Jonsson

Ruben

Mackle

Velicka

Glen

I'd give them my full backing because atleast these guys would burst their guts to prove they deserve their chance.

I'm pretty much certain that side would get slapped at Pittodrie. If we're going to throw young boys in it'll have to be one at a time. We're hearing the kids are good but they're hardly tearing up their own league so they're hardly going to be standouts in a harder league. For what it's worth my team would be

Banks

Neilson

Karapidis

Berra

Jose

Driver

Jonnson

Ruben

Chesney

Velicka

Nade

Agree that Berra should be dropped but think Neilson is okay. Need a left back asap as neither Wallace or Goncalves can cut it. My team would be

Banks

Neilson

Karipidis

Zaliukus

Maybury (if we can use him)

Jonson

Cesnauskis

Stewart

Pabuelos (cannie mind how to spell)

Driver

Velicka

Subs: Basso, Berra, Miko, Nade,

Praying for Billy D as manager but will settle for Shaggy till summer.

IIRC the last time we were in this position, Jefferies 98-99 season, the changes Jeffries made, that made a difference were.

Weir left, Pressley moved from right back to centre half, with 3 at the back?

Jackson came in, Hamilton out

McSwegan started scoring

Cameron, I believe, was told he was to start playing again, irrespective of his injury

Severin came into midfiled.

Significant changes, but not throwing half the under 19s in, especially one's (Copil) who appears to be struggling of late.

Archived