Weed

Unknown user

14 minutes ago, Harry Potter said:

Horrible stinking stuff, must be a way of improving the smell,.

I think the smell is lovely. Or maybe it's because when I smell it I know I'll be having a good night.

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Unknown user

• Riddley Walker

• superjack

• JudyJudyJudy

Harry Potter
Just now, superjack said:

I think the smell is lovely. Or maybe it's because when I smell it I know I'll be having a good night.

:)

Unknown user
2 hours ago, Pans Jambo said:

Stinks like shite tho. If they fixed that I wouldnt mind it. Each to their own. 

Should be legalised with the provision that you cant use it & drive etc. 

There are strains out there that don't smell of much, but in truth the flavour and smell are part of the experience and a pungent aroma is very much in demand

12 minutes ago, Smithee said:

There are strains out there that don't smell of much, but in truth the flavour and smell are part of the experience and a pungent aroma is very much in demand

If it WAS legalised I couldnt imagine walking passed a group of folk outside a pub smoking it and not telling them theyre dirty bassas with that smell. Its absolutely reeking of dung!

Home use only!

Edited by Pans Jambo

Unknown user
2 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

If it WAS legalised I couldnt imagine walking passed a group of folk outside a pub smoking it and not telling them theyre dirty bassas with that smell. Its absolutely reeking of dung!

Home use only!

I feel the same way about cigarette smokers, but that's life

• 2 weeks later...

You can get CBD vape oil that's full spectrum. 60ml for about £42 that's really good stuff from the US of A. Don't bother with the garbage they sell in Holland and Barrett etc. 

20 minutes ago, AndyNic said:

You can get CBD vape oil that's full spectrum. 60ml for about £42 that's really good stuff from the US of A. Don't bother with the garbage they sell in Holland and Barrett etc. 

Full spectrum isn't a good thing. 

It means they extract from the whole plant instead of just the flowers where the vast majority of the good stuff is.

If I was to make an extract the first thing I would do is make sure it wasn't full spectrum, take the branches and twigs and other unwanted plant matter out.

Салатные палочки
1 hour ago, AndyNic said:

Never bothered with weed but the CBD is absolutely magic.

Does it get you stoned? 

Didn’t really do much for me the few times I tried it.

Once listened to Dark Side if the Moon, lying on my bed, in the dark after a spliff and that’s probably the only time I didn’t whitey and freak out.

Think you’re as well legalising it cos the stench of it is everywhere anyway

Салатные палочки
4 minutes ago, Smithee said:

No, the strains they extract from have very little THC deliberately.

Meh. I did wonder. 

1 hour ago, Salad Fingers said:

Does it get you stoned? 

Nah, CBD has the psychoactive elements removed (the THC). CBD is better for just chilling you out and for pain relief and other medical conditions etc. It's amazing for anxiety and other things too.

2 hours ago, Smithee said:

Full spectrum isn't a good thing. 

It means they extract from the whole plant instead of just the flowers where the vast majority of the good stuff is.

If I was to make an extract the first thing I would do is make sure it wasn't full spectrum, take the branches and twigs and other unwanted plant matter out.

It's good for some people whereas the isolate is better for others. Depends what you're taking it for I suppose. 

37 minutes ago, AndyNic said:

It's good for some people whereas the isolate is better for others. Depends what you're taking it for I suppose. 

There's very little to zero cbd outside the flowers. 10ml of full spectrum oil will have less cbd than 10ml of flower extraction because it has a lot more general plant stuff, chlorophyll and the like - the cbd is diluted.

I make extracts using alcohol myself, but with a slightly different end game :D I could get a much higher yield if I used the whole plant, but the end result would be weaker and lower quality. We're basically taking about throwing sticks in there. 

3 minutes ago, Smithee said:

There's very little to zero cbd outside the flowers. 10ml of full spectrum oil will have less cbd than 10ml of flower extraction because it has a lot more general plant stuff, chlorophyll and the like - the cbd is diluted.

I make extracts using alcohol myself, but with a slightly different end game :D I could get a much higher yield if I used the whole plant, but the end result would be weaker and lower quality. We're basically taking about throwing sticks in there. 

Ah I see what you mean!

Noticed a few places selling the full spectrum at much higher prices that the isolate as well. Will spread the word about the dilution etc. 👍🏼

1 minute ago, AndyNic said:

Ah I see what you mean!

Noticed a few places selling the full spectrum at much higher prices that the isolate as well. Will spread the word about the dilution etc. 👍🏼

👍

They're pretty smart- making a selling point out of its worst feature!

Салатные палочки
1 hour ago, AndyNic said:

Nah, CBD has the psychoactive elements removed (the THC). CBD is better for just chilling you out and for pain relief and other medical conditions etc. It's amazing for anxiety and other things too.

Hmm I quite like the chilling out part of it though. I've been intrigued for a while as it seems to be everywhere just now. 

15 hours ago, AndyNic said:

Never bothered with weed but the CBD is absolutely magic.

This. Tho, the new stuff my Mrs got me tastes horrendous. 10% of pure vileness. Worked a treat on my arthritis and tablet free for 2 months.

chuck berrys hairline
On 29/08/2019 at 23:28, superjack said:

Seen a few folk mention vaporisers. I have a pocket 1 but it is only any good with green. Very rarely get a bit of green, 99% of the time it is solids. Still love it but I'm trying to find a vaporiser for solids as I can't use a pipe, really goes for the throat after a couple, so I usually stick to joints. Problem is, I can stay off the fags quite easily until I get monthly treat. If I could find a decent 1, has to be pocket size though. Wondering if anyone on here knows of 1 that will do the job with a nice bit of pollen?

Puri5 seems to be the latest model getting pushed. Can be used for all sorts. Personally I just use the THC distallate myself stuffs like rocket fuel 🤯 so much so bud doesn't do much to me anymore 🤭😝

chuck berrys hairline
23 hours ago, dobmisterdobster said:

Tried it a couple of times.

I don't enjoy it personally but more power to anyone who does.

Try a company bbliquids they are online and can get super strentgh 2500mg for a tenner thank me later 💙 Canadian imported aswell

Edited by chuck berrys hairline

On 08/09/2019 at 08:33, ri Alban said:

This. Tho, the new stuff my Mrs got me tastes horrendous. 10% of pure vileness. Worked a treat on my arthritis and tablet free for 2 months.

Does it really work for arthritis? Got it in the base of my spine and sick of pain killers.  

19 minutes ago, FruitJuice said:

Does it really work for arthritis? Got it in the base of my spine and sick of pain killers.  

Has done me a world of good. I have an injury on my tail bone from Taxi driving, and this takes the edge off.

As for my arthritis, my knees haven't really bothered me since June. 👍

1 minute ago, ri Alban said:

Has done me a world of good. I have an injury on my tail bone from Taxi driving, and this takes the edge off.

As for my arthritis, my knees haven't really bothered me since June. 👍

I'll give this a try.  Ta 

3 minutes ago, FruitJuice said:

I'll give this a try.  Ta 

:thumb:

If it wasn't for this thread, I'd still be popping heavy duty anti inflammatories.

Just now, ri Alban said:

:thumb:

If it wasn't for this thread, I'd still be popping heavy duty anti inflammatories.

That's the ones I want to get rid of as much as the painkillers.  Guts are taking a pounding.  How long did it take to start working on the pain?

3 minutes ago, FruitJuice said:

That's the ones I want to get rid of as much as the painkillers.  Guts are taking a pounding.  How long did it take to start working on the pain?

My knees went on the Tuesday, got for my Birthday on the Wednesday, sorted on the Thursday.

I'm sure there's a song in there.

Note: I overdosed the first time I took it, due to not reading the instructions or stupidness. But I think it helped.

Oh and get one with a taste to it. My Mrs bought me blue stallion last week, it tastes friggin rotten.

Edited by ri Alban

5 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

My knees went on the Tuesday, got for my Birthday on the Wednesday, sorted on the Thursday.

I'm sure there's a song in there.

Note: I overdosed the first time I took it, due to not reading the instructions or stupidness. But I think it helped.

Oh and get one with a taste to it. My Mrs bought me blue stallion last week, it tastes friggin rotten.

The taste put me off before but anything is better than the pain and the feeling in the guts.  I'll order some tonight.  I had heard that it takes a couple of weeks to work.  Arthritis is like having constant toothache in the back.  Natures way of saying it no longer needs me for anything  

1 minute ago, FruitJuice said:

The taste put me off before but anything is better than the pain and the feeling in the guts.  I'll order some tonight.  I had heard that it takes a couple of weeks to work.  Arthritis is like having constant toothache in the back.  Natures way of saying it no longer needs me for anything  

Good Luck!

The sooner it gets legalised the better. My only caveat would be that it is not to be smoked on the streets as it is not pleasant to walk into if you are a ‘non smoker’.

Grow it, produce it and regulate it, throw in the shed load of moolah to the Treasury

:fonzie:

Edited by i8hibsh

4 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

The sooner it gets legalised the better. My only caveat would be that it is not to be smoked on the streets as it is not pleasant to walk into if you are a ‘non smoker’.

Grow it, produce it and regulate it, throw in the shed load of moolah to the Treasury

:fonzie:

That and treated like alcohol in that you don't drive, work operating heavy machinery, look after kids etc whilst under the influence 

1 hour ago, Thommo414 said:

That and treated like alcohol in that you don't drive, work operating heavy machinery, look after kids etc whilst under the influence 

Ah, well of course.

All roads lead to Gorgie

If it is made legal at least it can be grown under natural light and not in some artificially lit warehouse somewhere. I believe that is how some plants grown in those conditions have excessive THC levels.

9 hours ago, Thommo414 said:

Dont look after kids while under the influence, surely that one's a joke?

9 hours ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

If it is made legal at least it can be grown under natural light and not in some artificially lit warehouse somewhere. I believe that is how some plants grown in those conditions have excessive THC levels.

No mate, that comes deliberately from selective breeding over many generations. 

If you take 2 clones and grow one indoors and one outdoors, the one grown in natural sunlight will be much much much bigger than the one grown indoors, but they'll still bshare the same genetic profile including strength etc.

The reasons for growing indoor are mainly stealth and control - outdoor plants will give you one crop per year (ignoring autoflowers) as they're triggered by the amount of light hours per day - when you get to roughly 12 hours of light to 12 hours of dark they start flowering. However you control an indoor crop, you decide when to flip it to flowering- you could easily get 4 crops a year indoor, more if you run clones and a vegging room. You can also control the temperature, humidity, protect from disease and beasties, prevent light abuse etc etc.

No man made light can even get close to what the sun offers.

Last summer a couple of plants sprouted up in my garden, much to my surprise.  I reckon there must have been hemp seeds in the bird feed mix that was hanging directly above.

Plant budded, but wasn't really that strong.  Got a tickle, but that may have been psychosomatic on my part!

I wish they would legalise it as I have no source and would quite like a wee puff now and again. 

William H. Bonney
2 hours ago, superjack said:

Dont look after kids while under the influence, surely that one's a joke?

Exactly. Everyone knows you need to be stoned to cope with children. 

All roads lead to Gorgie
59 minutes ago, Smithee said:

No mate, that comes deliberately from selective breeding over many generations. 

If you take 2 clones and grow one indoors and one outdoors, the one grown in natural sunlight will be much much much bigger than the one grown indoors, but they'll still bshare the same genetic profile including strength etc.

The reasons for growing indoor are mainly stealth and control - outdoor plants will give you one crop per year (ignoring autoflowers) as they're triggered by the amount of light hours per day - when you get to roughly 12 hours of light to 12 hours of dark they start flowering. However you control an indoor crop, you decide when to flip it to flowering- you could easily get 4 crops a year indoor, more if you run clones and a vegging room. You can also control the temperature, humidity, protect from disease and beasties, prevent light abuse etc etc.

No man made light can even get close to what the sun offers.

Cheers. You know your stuff. I have tried it once or twice off mates when I was younger but it was always a block of resin not buds. I enjoyed it but once I felt a bit sick after and worried what else was in it. Pure weed might be better for me. I have been trying Cbd lately and my stomach is a bit touch and go with that too. Annoying that is as the cbd is making me feel good otherwise. 

1 hour ago, Boris said:

Last summer a couple of plants sprouted up in my garden, much to my surprise.  I reckon there must have been hemp seeds in the bird feed mix that was hanging directly above.

Plant budded, but wasn't really that strong.  Got a tickle, but that may have been psychosomatic on my part!

I wish they would legalise it as I have no source and would quite like a wee puff now and again. 

If you're lucky maybe an Edinburgh based chap will message you, I know there's a few out there in jkb world!

23 minutes ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

Cheers. You know your stuff. I have tried it once or twice off mates when I was younger but it was always a block of resin not buds. I enjoyed it but once I felt a bit sick after and worried what else was in it. Pure weed might be better for me. I have been trying Cbd lately and my stomach is a bit touch and go with that too. Annoying that is as the cbd is making me feel good otherwise. 

I grew up on hash myself, it was years before I even tried any green!

It's another world now though, the quality's in a completely different league to what it was 20 years ago. I used to think nothing of picking bits of plastic out of hash but you just don't see that any more, and the world's best genetics are a click away for every Tom Dick or Harry who fancies growing.

And of course, there are other options now, you can get super strong extracts, e juice for vape pens - I'm playing with THC e juice myself just now.

I used to take CBD oil under the tongue, just let it absorb into the mucus membrane. Maybe that'll help with your stomach? You might also consider CBD e juice, that really helped me with my knee and it's available over the counter in vape shops these days.

All roads lead to Gorgie
2 minutes ago, Smithee said:

I grew up on hash myself, it was years before I even tried any green!

It's another world now though, the quality's in a completely different league to what it was 20 years ago. I used to think nothing of picking bits of plastic out of hash but you just don't see that any more, and the world's best genetics are a click away for every Tom Dick or Harry who fancies growing.

And of course, there are other options now, you can get super strong extracts, e juice for vape pens - I'm playing with THC e juice myself just now.

I used to take CBD oil under the tongue, just let it absorb into the mucus membrane. Maybe that'll help with your stomach? You might also consider CBD e juice, that really helped me with my knee and it's available over the counter in vape shops these days.

I am using a spray under the tongue but thinking of changing from a coconut based carrier oil to hemp oil to see if that makes a difference. Never vaped but if that is the only way to avoid my stomach playing up I might try it. I have problems with aspirin too, I only hope my stomach isn't confusing it with hemp. 

1 hour ago, Dino Velvet said:

Exactly. Everyone knows you need to be stoned to cope with children. 

I'm not a regular smoker so my tolerance may be low but the states I've been in whilst stoned aren't compatible with good parenting. If i could just mellow out then I'd be onto a winner..so I guess that's where cbd would be an option

49 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

I hear people say this sort of thing quite a lot. The truth the reason you’ve been in a state is you consumed far too much based on yoir tolerance. 

Its no no different from not drinking and then when you do you down a bottle of vodka. The result will be messy.

Control your intake as you would with booze. (Which is much easier than booze as no chemical trigger to get you to want more unlike booze). So don’t use as much or consume as much in a single setting and find out what works for you

There are also different types that have different effects. Satisva are a heady high and make you quite creative, indica give that couch lock feeling. Choose wisely as hard a significant impact.

Also if you look into vaping, the temperature you vape at controls the high. This makes very useful to tailoring to what you want.

I know it's all a matter of moderation tbh and my original point wasn't so much about having a slight buzz, but more under the influence to the extent that they were no longer in control. To put it with your alcohol comparison: A can or 2 v The bottle of vodka.

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo

Just watching BBC News and they're talking to an American doctor about the vaping deaths in the US. She advised (strongly) not to vape any THC at all. They also mentioned nicotine, but THC a definite no-no.

Found this article, too https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/ne8eqq/vaping-deaths-2019-is-vaping-safe

dobmisterdobster
6 minutes ago, Joey J J Jr Shabadoo said:

Just watching BBC News and they're talking to an American doctor about the vaping deaths in the US. She advised (strongly) not to vape any THC at all. They also mentioned nicotine, but THC a definite no-no.

Found this article, too https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/ne8eqq/vaping-deaths-2019-is-vaping-safe

Doesn't surprise me. I steer clear of those hipster death sticks.

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
3 minutes ago, dobmisterdobster said:

Doesn't surprise me. I steer clear of those hipster death sticks.

Someone I know is a scientist at Heriot-Watt, he was wary of them a couple years ago. Mainly because the long term impacts were unknown, but also the temperature the oil the vapes burn at.

• 1 year later...
Салатные палочки

My mate gave me some edibles to try. Dank Gummies. Anyone have any experience of them and any advice? Haven't had a smoke in a while and I have been really tempted recently but want to avoid actually smoking if I can.

He says they didn't do anything for him but he's always sceptical with things.