Top Posters In This Topic

• Unknown user

• Riddley Walker

• superjack

• JudyJudyJudy

Captain Price

Smoked it for pretty much four years.

Work 45 hours a week.

Lazy? No chance. All depends on the person, sure there are wasters that smoke it 24/7 and sit and do **** all but to generalise that ALL weed smokers are lazy, is absurd.

Captain Price

Also also, has anyone seen the amount of sad-sack drug "tourists" that jolly off to Amsterdam and the likes?

Worse than the Tartan Army. Total cringe.

What's wrong with going on holiday to enjoy something that you can't do in your own country?

Worse than the tartan army? Care to elaborate?

Do you have any links that it occurs naturally in the body? pretty sure it doesn't?

Seems it does.

NaturalNews) Woven into the fabric of the human body is an intricate system of proteins known as cannabinoid receptors that are specifically designed to process cannabinoids such as tetrahydrocannabinol (THC), one of the primary active components of marijuana. And it turns out, based on the findings of several major scientific studies, that human breast milk naturally contains many of the same cannabinoids found in marijuana, which are actually extremely vital for proper human development.

Cell membranes in the body are naturally equipped with these cannabinoid receptors which, when activated by cannabinoids and various other nutritive substances, protect cells against viruses, harmful bacteria, cancer, and other malignancies. And human breast milk is an abundant source of endocannabinoids, a specific type of neuromodulatory lipid that basically teaches a newborn child how to eat by stimulating the suckling process.

If it were not for these cannabinoids in breast milk, newborn children would not know how to eat, nor would they necessarily have the desire to eat, which could result in severe malnourishment and even death. Believe it or not, the process is similar to how adult individuals who smoke pot get the "munchies," as newborn children who are breastfed naturally receive doses of cannabinoids that trigger hunger and promote growth and development.

"[E]ndocannabinoids have been detected in maternal milk and activation of CB1 (cannabinoid receptor type 1) receptors appears to be critical for milk sucking ... apparently activating oral-motor musculature," says the abstract of a 2004 study on the endocannabinoid receptor system that was published in the European Journal of Pharmacology.

"The medical implications of these novel developments are far reaching and suggest a promising future for cannabinoids in pediatric medicine for conditions including 'non-organic failure-to-thrive' and cystic fibrosis."

Studies on cannabinoids in breast milk help further demystify the truth about marijuana

There are two types of cannabinoid receptors in the body -- the CB1 variety which exists in the brain, and the CB2 variety which exists in the immune system and throughout the rest of the body. Each one of these receptors responds to cannabinoids, whether it be from human breast milk in children, or from juiced marijuana, for instance, in adults.

This essentially means that the human body was built for cannabinoids, as these nutritive substances play a critical role in protecting cells against disease, boosting immune function, protecting the brain and nervous system, and relieving pain and disease-causing inflammation, among other things. And because science is finally catching up in discovering how this amazing cannabinoid system works, the stigma associated with marijuana use is, thankfully, in the process of being eliminated.

In another study on the endocannabinoids published in the journal Pharmacological Reviews back in 2006, researchers from the Laboratory of Physiologic Studies at the National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism uncovered even more about the benefits of cannabinoids. These include their ability to promote proper energy metabolism and appetite regulation, treat metabolic disorders, treat multiple sclerosis, and prevent neurodegeneration, among many other conditions.

With literally thousands of published studies now showing their safety and usefulness, cannabinoids, and particularly marijuana from which it is largely derived, truly are a health-promoting "super" nutrient with virtually unlimited potential in health promotion and disease prevention.

Be sure to check out how juicing raw marijuana leaves, which contain a diverse array of health-promoting cannabinoids, is an excellent non-psychoactive way to prevent and treat a host of diseases, including cancer:

Learn more:  http://www.naturalnews.com/036526_cannabinoids_breast_milk_THC.html#ixzz4QvzygTuJ

Sawdust Caesar

I used to work in a bar part time and the majority of the staff were students, plenty of them smoke weed and still do, they managed to do well in uni, pass their exams etc, get good jobs, get promoted, get married, have kids, so it's a myth that all weed smokers are losers. I lived next door to a weed smoker for a decade and lived above a couple who liked a bevvy, the drinkers were a f'ing nightmare, at least once a week they would be shouting,arguing and slamming doors, the pothead gave me no grief at all.  As for it being a gateway drug, I don't buy that, I know plenty of people who smoked weed and that was the only illegal drug they used.

I like the idea of weed, but I've only ever smoked it a few times.  One time it was amazing, another time it was alright, but the rest of the time it made me paranoid as ****.  Not sure what was going on, but my heart rate was through the roof each time, and it felt horrible. 

My flatmate last year smoked weed all the time.  Like, he was the sort of person to live by the "Wake and Bake" approach.  He was a nice guy, but a complete waster because all he did was smoke weed and didn't ever think it was a problem.  He had to resit first and second year at Uni, and ended up dropping out before even completing his course (so 5 years, to not even get a degree) because all he did with his time was sit and get baked and watch stuff on YouTube.

The people that say that it isn't addictive are only trying to convince themselves.

Love it - I smoke it, grow it, cook with it, you name it

CBD oil has pretty much cured my anxiety AND helped me deal with pain while recovering from a shoulder injury.

It's fibres are long, strong and perfect for a huge amount of industrial uses and my Mrs makes her living from it.

It's never killed a single person either - what a plant eh?

Do you know you stink of the stuff. I thought I'd let you know, incase you don't realise. It's the same with people that smoke, bevy and have B.O.

Seems it does.

NaturalNews) Woven into the fabric of the human body is an intricate system of proteins known as cannabinoid receptors that are specifically designed to process cannabinoids such as tetrahydrocannabinol (THC), one of the primary active components of marijuana. And it turns out, based on the findings of several major scientific studies, that human breast milk naturally contains many of the same cannabinoids found in marijuana, which are actually extremely vital for proper human development.

Cell membranes in the body are naturally equipped with these cannabinoid receptors which, when activated by cannabinoids and various other nutritive substances, protect cells against viruses, harmful bacteria, cancer, and other malignancies. And human breast milk is an abundant source of endocannabinoids, a specific type of neuromodulatory lipid that basically teaches a newborn child how to eat by stimulating the suckling process.

If it were not for these cannabinoids in breast milk, newborn children would not know how to eat, nor would they necessarily have the desire to eat, which could result in severe malnourishment and even death. Believe it or not, the process is similar to how adult individuals who smoke pot get the "munchies," as newborn children who are breastfed naturally receive doses of cannabinoids that trigger hunger and promote growth and development.

"[E]ndocannabinoids have been detected in maternal milk and activation of CB1 (cannabinoid receptor type 1) receptors appears to be critical for milk sucking ... apparently activating oral-motor musculature," says the abstract of a 2004 study on the endocannabinoid receptor system that was published in the European Journal of Pharmacology.

"The medical implications of these novel developments are far reaching and suggest a promising future for cannabinoids in pediatric medicine for conditions including 'non-organic failure-to-thrive' and cystic fibrosis."

Studies on cannabinoids in breast milk help further demystify the truth about marijuana

There are two types of cannabinoid receptors in the body -- the CB1 variety which exists in the brain, and the CB2 variety which exists in the immune system and throughout the rest of the body. Each one of these receptors responds to cannabinoids, whether it be from human breast milk in children, or from juiced marijuana, for instance, in adults.

This essentially means that the human body was built for cannabinoids, as these nutritive substances play a critical role in protecting cells against disease, boosting immune function, protecting the brain and nervous system, and relieving pain and disease-causing inflammation, among other things. And because science is finally catching up in discovering how this amazing cannabinoid system works, the stigma associated with marijuana use is, thankfully, in the process of being eliminated.

In another study on the endocannabinoids published in the journal Pharmacological Reviews back in 2006, researchers from the Laboratory of Physiologic Studies at the National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism uncovered even more about the benefits of cannabinoids. These include their ability to promote proper energy metabolism and appetite regulation, treat metabolic disorders, treat multiple sclerosis, and prevent neurodegeneration, among many other conditions.

With literally thousands of published studies now showing their safety and usefulness, cannabinoids, and particularly marijuana from which it is largely derived, truly are a health-promoting "super" nutrient with virtually unlimited potential in health promotion and disease prevention.

Be sure to check out how juicing raw marijuana leaves, which contain a diverse array of health-promoting cannabinoids, is an excellent non-psychoactive way to prevent and treat a host of diseases, including cancer:

Learn more:  http://www.naturalnews.com/036526_cannabinoids_breast_milk_THC.html#ixzz4QvzygTuJ

cheers

That's quite interesting, i knew i loved breast feeding too much :lol:

Do you know you stink of the stuff. I thought I'd let you know, incase you don't realise. It's the same with people that smoke, bevy and have B.O.

I live in Holland mate, I'd be surprised if anyone gave a flying **** - I certainly don't.

Re the addiction statement above, yes it can be psychologically addictive, but only in the same way that driving too fast, cleaning or even eating certain foods can be addictive for certain individuals.

There's no evidence that I'm aware of that it's chemically addictive, unlike alcohol and tobacco

cheers

That's quite interesting, i knew i loved breast feeding too much :lol:

Yeah seconded, saves me a task later

I'm a tit man too by the way :D

Never thought i'd see the day when someone created a thread to tell the world they're a smelly ******* :lol: (Kidding btw!)

I'm not for it, yet I'm not against it.

I drink alcohol (although rarely) so for me to say smoking weed is wrong would just make me a hypocrite.

AlphonseCapone

Smoked it once or twice when younger.

Not that into it but don't mind folk who do. Know a couple who do it regularly and have good lifes and jobs, stereotyping is just that.

No idea why it and some other drugs aren't legalised, regulated and money made by the State.

Governor Tarkin

I'm drug tested pretty regularly so have had to knock it on the head.

Was seldom a big smoker but did enjoy it.

The development of edible and drinkable forms of thc in some states of America mean you no longer have to smoke. Many major sweetie brands now have thc infused versions.

Drink driving has reduced in states where weed is legal and the expected up take of the habit by teenagers has not happened.

A more mature and holistic approach needs to be adopted when looking at this issue. We need to get away from the last 50 years of scare mongering.

Love it - I smoke it, grow it, cook with it, you name it

CBD oil has pretty much cured my anxiety AND helped me deal with pain while recovering from a shoulder injury.

It's fibres are long, strong and perfect for a huge amount of industrial uses and my Mrs makes her living from it.

It's never killed a single person either - what a plant eh?

Do you deliver?

I don't even drive mate :laugh:

I do. We should go on dragons den.

'So nice I smoked it twice'

Edited by Greedy_Jambo

chester copperpot

Never really got the whole weed thing.

I tried plenty of stuff when I was at Uni however had to can it all in 3rd year when it was affecting my studies etc and had to put it on hold. Never really got into it as I finished Uni and met a bird, had a family etc etc.

Have a couple of mates who still smoke it and although they have pretty decent jobs, their memory is ****ing shocking :lol:

Hartleys_Jam_Tart

I used to smoke it quite regularly from about 16 to 22. At first I loved it, it just made me deck myself all the time. As the years went on though I became increasingly paranoid, lazy, and I put on a lot of weight due to the unrelenting munchies. When I stopped I felt the difference immediately. I had half a joint a couple of months ago when I was drinking with my pal, and totally whitied. It was horrible - never again.

I know three people who have used it in to their later lives. All three share the same social awkwardness and anxiety. I stopped smoking it when I was about 19 as it started making me paranoid.

Tried it a few times but never really did it for me. Either made me totally paranoid or did nowt for me. Apart from once when I was listening to Pink Floyd in the dark, then it made sense. Rather have a drink TBH but don't really have an issue with folk smoking it, as long as they aint driving cars. That does me tits in.

It's nice to get a wee waft of the joint when a toker walks past you in the street. Not too unlike the cigar smell in the shed back in the 80's.

Bet people who smoke it would encourage their kids to do the same though.

Bet you they don't. There might be some who wouldn't discourage it and say "Don't smoke weed, it's really bad for you" but I'd be surprised if they're telling their kids they should smoke pot.

zoltan socrates

Bet people who smoke it would encourage their kids to do the same though.

Did yer daddy ever give you a sip of his beer when you were wee? Think youll find drinkers are guilty of that, smokers of weed? Doubt it

It's nice to get a wee waft of the joint when a toker walks past you in the street. Not too unlike the cigar smell in the shed back in the 80's.

There used to be a regular half time spliff in Wheatfield B up around row 25/26.That I didn't mind so much.

I've had some very humorous

Off the wall conversations with others whilst smoking ! It does tend to that effect ! Everything in moderation as it most definitely makes me tired the next day , I also love a smoke watching a good film or TV programme , it enhances My nderstanding and enjoyment . I could never say that about alcohol . Most violent acts between men a

Usually involve a large intake of the bevy .

Sent from my B3-A30 using Tapatalk

I would like to point out that I'm not a weed smoker, too much makes me irritable, but I do smoke solid. Unlike some assumptions here, I work a 45-50 hour week, I've only spent 6 months in total unemployed. Given that I've worked since I got my NI card and I'm 44 (you can do the math, I'm too stoned :laugh: ) I don't dress in clothes that advocate drug use. I get out. My flat is always spotless. I buy nice things. So tell me I'm a lazy waster. Alcohol in my experience does far more damage. I've been beaten up more times as a result of drink where as never through having a smoke. I think everything is fine in moderation, too much then you're asking for trouble.

I've had some very humorous

Off the wall conversations with others whilst smoking ! It does tend to that effect ! Everything in moderation as it most definitely makes me tired the next day , I also love a smoke watching a good film or TV programme , it enhances My nderstanding and enjoyment . I could never say that about alcohol . Most violent acts between men a

Usually involve a large intake of the bevy .

Sent from my B3-A30 using Tapatalk

Even better reading your favourite book, I find I get right in to the story and enjoy it a whole lot more. Edited by Marvin

Riddley Walker

Even better reading your favourite book, I find I get right in to the story and enjoy it a whole lot more.

Always found it very difficult to concentrate on reading when stoned. I would spend an hour re-reading the same page.

Always found it very difficult to concentrate on reading when stoned. I would spend an hour re-reading the same page.

Id rather read whilst smoking, rather than after. Never made that clear in my post above.

Why has it got a horrible smell now, stinks, never like that in the 80s.

Strain development - genetics have been getting crossed, spliced, improved and strengthened for decades now.

The strains available now are so much stronger and have been developed for flavour and smell too.

Having said that there's a world of difference between the smells of a lemon haze and a blueberry cheese

• 2 years later...

Started smoking Cannabis fairly regularly recently and would like to share my experience. 

I had smoked weed a few times previously through my teens and early twenties, but it was always under the wrong conditions, so I had never truly experienced the full affect (was always half pissed at a house party smoking who knows what). Looking at some of the posts on this thread, I'm guessing this is the same story for other folk.

Been fairly stressed out recently due to a few things in my personal life and also suffer from anxiety/depression. So for better or worse I decided to get a couple bags of weed (Liberty Haze and Blueberry Kush) one weekend to help relax. I decided to take it in my house, completely sober, just to see what happened. More curiosity than anything. 

Overall the experience was pretty incredible. I had four or five puffs and it took about 10 minutes to kick in, but after that I immediately felt more relaxed, everything became more interesting and I've never laughed more in my entire life. My muscles completely loosened up and I started twitching (in a good way). After around 30 minutes I was feeling euphoric and ate an absolute ton. The effects lasted for around 3 hours and I slept amazingly after it.

In terms of downsides, I guess the munchies could be looked at negatively. I had to force myself to stop eating (easily had over a thousand calories). I also got a bit dizzy, but didn't feel too uncomfortable at any point. 

Since then I've been smoking it pretty regularly. I don't do it before work or anything, only after or on the weekend. You don't get a hangover or anything, so I don't feel like crap the next day. As far as I'm aware it hasn't negatively affected my work performance or anything.

It hasn't cured my anxiety or depression. When i 'sober up' I still feel like I did before, but when I use it I feel Incredible. Anyway this is just my experience and I'm not saying anyone should take it. I'm aware there's evidence of Cannabis induced psychosis and loads more research needs done.

2 minutes ago, Ritchez said:

Started smoking Cannabis fairly regularly recently and would like to share my experience. 

I had smoked weed a few times previously through my teens and early twenties, but it was always under the wrong conditions, so I had never truly experienced the full affect (was always half pissed at a house party smoking who knows what). Looking at some of the posts on this thread, I'm guessing this is the same story for other folk.

Been fairly stressed out recently due to a few things in my personal life and also suffer from anxiety/depression. So for better or worse I decided to get a couple bags of weed (Liberty Haze and Blueberry Kush) one weekend to help relax. I decided to take it in my house, completely sober, just to see what happened. More curiosity than anything. 

Overall the experience was pretty incredible. I had four or five puffs and it took about 10 minutes to kick in, but after that I immediately felt more relaxed, everything became more interesting and I've never laughed more in my entire life. My muscles completely loosened up and I started twitching (in a good way). After around 30 minutes I was feeling euphoric and ate an absolute ton. The effects lasted for around 3 hours and I slept amazingly after it.

In terms of downsides, I guess the munchies could be looked at negatively. I had to force myself to stop eating (easily had over a thousand calories). I also got a bit dizzy, but didn't feel too uncomfortable at any point. 

Since then I've been smoking it pretty regularly. I don't do it before work or anything, only after or on the weekend. You don't get a hangover or anything, so I don't feel like crap the next day. As far as I'm aware it hasn't negatively affected my work performance or anything.

It hasn't cured my anxiety or depression. When i 'sober up' I still feel like I did before, but when I use it I feel Incredible. Anyway this is just my experience and I'm not saying anyone should take it. I'm aware there's evidence of Cannabis induced psychosis and loads more research needs done.

Put on cheech and Chong.

I used to be quite heavy on the smoke, going through a half ounce each week (permanently stoned, joint first thing with my cup of tea for breakfast, smoking all day at work). Cut right back quite a few years ago, I buy a Q once a month now, lasts over 2 weeks (1 or 2 in the evening, only during the day when mot working). I actually enjoy it more now.

I've always said, if it ever gets legalised, as I wouldn't have to hide my toking, I would stop drinking. Couldn't risk going back to openly smoking it as I would end up losing my job.

1 thing I noticed when I stopped the heavy smoking was my brilliant memory came back, took a while to get back to where it was.