Weed

Unknown user

Love it - I smoke it, grow it, cook with it, you name it

CBD oil has pretty much cured my anxiety AND helped me deal with pain while recovering from a shoulder injury.

It's fibres are long, strong and perfect for a huge amount of industrial uses and my Mrs makes her living from it.

It's never killed a single person either - what a plant eh?

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Unknown user

• Riddley Walker

• superjack

• JudyJudyJudy

CBD oil has pretty much cured my anxiety AND helped me deal with pain while recovering from a shoulder injury.

It's fibres are long, strong and perfect for a huge amount of industrial uses and my Mrs makes her living from it.

That last bit is not entirely true. There was a woman a few years ago where the coroner listed cannabis as the cause of death.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-dorset-25968093

I P Knightley

I'm afraid I don't trust it. It should be legalised and controlled better.

I've not smoked it since university but it's different now to what it was then. The smell's horrible for starters and I understand that's down to a change in the chemical composition, having modified it for easier growth or something. It may not have killed anyone through poisoning (as alcohol has) but it's been linked to psychosis and other mental health problems. Whilst some of that linkage may be folk looking for a problem (and it may be no worse than alcohol), I'll leave it to others. But thanks for the offer.

Yep and it was proved to be bollocks

I saw a lot of people dispute the findings but don't recall and can't find anywhere where the decision was overturned.

I saw a lot of people dispute the findings but don't recall and can't find anywhere where the decision was overturned.

It was along the lines of "can't find anything else, must have been weed" and was roundly ridiculed by everyone except the right wing press. He said he'd read somewhere that weed could have the effect he'd seen.

Organisations like Jellinek who take all judgement out and deal solely in facts will tell you it's nonsense, weed doesn't cause the heart to stop beating or the lungs to stop breathing and you'd need to smoke c. 40,000 joints to overdose.

3-4 pints will not get me pissed and I can still get on with my night. 1 joint will have me melted and not wanting to do anything else.

Use to have a joint but Tbh I don't like the way I feel. Weed may not kill People but it is a drug which could lead to wanting to experiment with other drugs.

Some of the most boring people I've met are regular weed smokers. Truly depressing folk.

Find the obsession about it really weird TBH.

I also find it quite amusing that weed smokers refuse absolutely any negative evidence against their beloved drug. They're like a cult in some respects.

Riddley Walker

Used to smoke it a lot. Don't really do it anymore as I stopped enjoying it and it made me lazy as ****. It made comedies exceptionally good. A stronger drug than a lot of people give it credit for. I still occasionally indulge but only really at the end of a night.

Edited by Riddley Walker

Shan drug mostly used by teenagers and sad-sacks.  Adults that regularly smoke weed tend to be.... well, as mentioned, very boring and unwilling to grow up.  The type who still wear baggy jeans and Vans shoes eve though they are in their 40's. 

*I acknowledge may relieve some pain in some situations.

Edited by Sarah O

Can be grown commercially in the Uk.Unfortunately not cost efficient to haul the crop to the south coast for processing.

Shan drug mostly used by teenagers and sad-sacks. Adults that regularly smoke weed tend to be.... well, as mentioned, very boring and unwilling to grow up. The type who still wear baggy jeans and Vans shoes eve though they are in their 40's.

Yep, especially the point about Vans.

AND it annoys the judgemental sort, what a plant!

AND not a single complaint about wheat and barley grown for alcohol production.

Barley for whisky and wheat for stuff like hooch or breezers for the school kids.

"has pretty much cured my anxiety"

Sure, assuming your talking about short-term relief.

It might relieve symptoms temporarily, but to say it has a long term positive affect, after the drug wares off, is simply incorrect. In fact studies show it makes things worse for anxiety-prone people in the long run.

Just seems like a pretty shan drug overall.

Seriously overrated and used by folk who refuse to accept any of the negative impacts. A bit like religious folk, they deliberately avoid evidence to suit their own agenda.

It might relieve symptoms temporarily, but to say it has a long term positive affect, after the drug wares off, is simply incorrect. In fact studies show it makes things worse for anxiety-prone people in the long run.

Seriously overrated and used by folk who refuse to accept any of the negative impacts. A bit like religious folk, they deliberately avoid evidence to suit their own agenda.

Granted.

Once it is legitimised and taxed it will be a festival of advertising and cool ***** like David Beckham will be toking it in blue velvet jackets.

So you don't know anything about cbd oil then - you should just say.

Cbd is a naturally occurring substance in the body, and cbd oil is currently at the start of a process which will make it a bona fide medicine in the uk

Edited by Smithee

As with pretty much any intoxicating substances, it has good points and bad points. Some people may like the experience, some don't.

Салатные палочки

Smoked it every day when I was a teenager as it was cheap as chips. A deal for ?8, four of you chipping in ?2 quid each and you could stretch a joint and a can pipe out it each.  Weekends we would usually get a quarter.  

Some funny stories though.  We used to go to this lads house.  He had a hut out the back door that could easily fit ten people in with these bench type seats round the sides and and five litre bucket kit in the middle.  If you wanted him to "jump roon" for a bit you had to take a five litre bucket.  These things knocked you senseless.  Most of the rest of the night was spent trying to walk up the road without drawing too much attention to yourself.  

Nowadays it's not as appealing.  Although my mate gave me a bit recently when he was leaving to go to London.  I had a wee joint with a cup of tea one night watching the Champions Leage and I have to say it was very enjoyable.  

I prefer a social smoke than tanking tons of pints down a pub. Much better for you than alcohol, and depending on who you are with, allows more meaningful and thoughtful thinking. Alcohol tends to make folk more edgy and narrow minded.

I hope they legalise it in the UK soon. Scottish Government is wanting medical use to be allowed, and now MPs in Westminster are making noise about legalisation.

Heck, legalising and taxing pot could help plug some of the Brexit financial holes...

Shan drug mostly used by teenagers and sad-sacks. Adults that regularly smoke weed tend to be.... well, as mentioned, very boring and unwilling to grow up. The type who still wear baggy jeans and Vans shoes eve though they are in their 40's.

Can't argue with this, or solid snake's point.

"The type who still wear baggy jeans and Vans shoes eve though they are in their 40's"

:laugh: the nerve!

The evil that roams this planet eh?

Do you know what else is shan?  The pathetic bumming up of weed in American/Holywood teen movies.  It's pathetic.  Trying to be edgy and hip, but just coming across to the sane viewer as moronic in the extreme.

Sometimes toke, sometimes drink, sometimes take mandy.

Everything in moderation is key. Abuse any of the above and you are in trouble.

Abuse food and you are in trouble.

Abuse anything and you are in trouble.

People who drink every day are as dull as people who smoke weed every day.

Almost everyone has a vice. Live and let live.

"The type who still wear baggy jeans and Vans shoes eve though they are in their 40's"

:laugh: the nerve!

The evil that roams this planet eh?

I've nothing against people that look like that.

They just look daft.

3925a3b5d1337ebcc44783d8625c5c4d.jpg

LOLOLOLOL Look it's an old woman with a trippy smoke weed t-shirt on.  LOLOLOLOL HOW COOL

Edited by Sarah O

I've nothing against people that look like that.

They just look daft.

3925a3b5d1337ebcc44783d8625c5c4d.jpg

LOLOLOLOL Look it's an old woman with a trippy smoke weed t-shirt on. LOLOLOLOL

Clearly in her 40s

:facepalm:

Anyway, so what if you don't like how she dresses?

Like I say, it annoys just the right type of person

:verysmug:

By the way:  Legalise ALL drugs.  Absolutely.

Just incase I'm coming across anti-drugs, I certainly am not against recreational drugs.  Just the image that goes with weed, is nauseating.

I think people have to remember that they are all individuals and all people have different tolerances and body types.

What does no harm to one can kill another.

Just because you took a drug and you were fine does not mean it should be recommended for someone else.

One persons relaxation could be another persons paranoid episode resulting in death to themselves or someone else.

Edited by Bauld

Clearly in her 40s

:facepalm:

Anyway, so what if you don't like how she dresses?

Like I say, it annoys just the right type of person

:verysmug:

Sorry mate, not annoying me.  I doubt I've seen you about and i doubt you've seen sunlight.

Couch-Ninja.jpg

Cool cap by the way.

Sorry mate, not annoying me. I doubt I've seen you about and i doubt you've seen sunlight.

Couch-Ninja.jpg

Cool cap by the way.

So nothing other than vague, negative generalisations then? Cool.

I don't see anyone that's annoyed/offended, just pointing out the fact that many of the regular users of this drug are wasters, in my experience.

Also just pointing out that weed does have long term negative affects and to deny this is just insane. But as is common with weed smokers, they will refuse to accept evidence.

Anyway, the whole obsession with weed is just weird. It's really not that great and is in no way a 'wonder drug'.

I don't see anyone that's annoyed/offended, just pointing out the fact that many of the regular users of this drug are wasters, in my experience.

Also just pointing out that weed does have long term negative affects and to deny this is just insane. But as is common with weed smokers, they will refuse to accept evidence.

Anyway, the whole obsession with weed is just weird. It's really not that great and is in no way a 'wonder drug'.

Don't recall anyone saying there are no negative effects, got quotes?

Again, you obviously know nothing about cbd, a non psychoactive substance that occurs naturally pin the body, but at least you've got an opinion on it.

I can live with your contempt by the way

Riddley Walker

It's personal preference I suppose. Some people absolutely love it, others not so much. Same with any drug. It affects some people negatively, either at first or over time, and others can handle it a lot better. It definitely started to affect me negatively after a while and that's why I stopped. It was great at first though, and if people are able to replicate that over a long period of time without becoming overly-lazy or paranoid then fair play.

Used to smoke weed when I was younger with a group of mates, a few of us as we started getting past the teenage years decided it wasn't for us. The other lot continued to smoke it, we ended up drifting apart from the guys that smoked weed.

Anyway 10 years later they are still hooked on weed (yes it is addictive) haven't worked a day since then, sit about playing playsation all day in their parents houses. Complete and utter wasters that are just a drain on society. That's what weed does to people.

So nothing other than vague, negative generalisations then? Cool.

As opposed to vague, cool, hip, phat sick "medicinal" generalisations on your part?  Cool.

:gok:  I really don't care by the way.  The thing I get annoyed about, as I mentioned, is the super bumming up of it as a substance.  You're not saying anything that is likely to change my mind in your defence of it either as you seem to be taking it as a personal attack - which it isn't.  It's the whole culture of it.  It's just a bit, sad.

I P Knightley

it is a drug which could lead to wanting to experiment with other drugs.

I'm not sure that smoking weed, in itself, makes you want to try another drug.

My theory is that there may be a correlation between dope smoking and graduating to other drugs simply because they are all 'underground' and the guy who sells you weed this month also has the other stuff.

If that were to be the case, that's why I believe (relatively harmless and very widely used) cannabis should be legalised and controlled with tax revenues helping out down at the NHS.

Sometimes toke, sometimes drink, sometimes take mandy.

Everything in moderation is key. Abuse any of the above and you are in trouble.

Abuse food and you are in trouble.

Abuse anything and you are in trouble.

People who drink every day are as dull as people who smoke weed every day.

Almost everyone has a vice. Live and let live.

This is where I'm at.

Smoked it loads as a teen (almost every day for a few years) and it made me paranoid and socially retarded, so I gave it up.

I've smoked it a few times in the last few years and enjoyed myself with some close friends. I'd do it again but I wouldn't become a regular user. Once or twice a year will do.

It has a weird effect on me. Most people become chilled out but I get hyper AF :lol:

Magic mushrooms are far better.

Smoked weed for years, gave it up when they started drug testing on sites. Best thing I ever did.

But it agrees with some people I suppose.

Sent from my VF-895N using Tapatalk

Also also, has anyone seen the amount of sad-sack drug "tourists" that jolly off to Amsterdam and the likes?  

Worse than the Tartan Army.  Total cringe.

I think folk would be surprised by how many middle class folk smoke weed.

It's a misconception it's all wasters who laze around all day doing nothing. Sure, they exist in quantities, but it's like saying folk who drink alcohol sit around at home all day drinking from morning to evening.

As it is an illegal drug, it's use isn't well documented. Folk who smoke it may not admit to it, despite living normal, active and healthy lives.

You just need to look at what is happening with weed in America these days, both medicinally and recreationally.

Lots of evidence that it helps with debilitatiang illnesses, some cancers, glaucoma, epilepsy, seizures, sleep disorders, MS, back pain... The list goes on and on.

Don't recall anyone saying there are no negative effects, got quotes?

Again, you obviously know nothing about cbd, a non psychoactive substance that occurs naturally pin the body, but at least you've got an opinion on it.

I can live with your contempt by the way

Do you have any links that it occurs naturally in the body? pretty sure it doesn't?

My mate has MS and smokes it to relieve pain. Since smoking weed he has become a far more active person and has actually managed to get back to work after 2 years off. The change in him has been incredible.

Not a wonder drug? Maybe not it clearly has benefited many people

Shooter McGavin

If people want to use it, thats their choice. I personally haven't touched the stuff but what I hate is when people who do choose to use it, buy weed themed memorabilia/clothing etc just to try and get some attention. Utterly embarrassing.

I know a lot of people like this who would happily walk down the street wearing a weed t-shirt, big daft weed earrings and hats with weed leafs on them. Weirdo behavour.

I am for legalising all drugs to take them off the streets, regulate them and make sure the product is pure. The fact they are legal would not make me take them. My issue is seeing the scumbags smoking a joint in their construction gear at 7am on their way to work. It should just be done in the home.