Top Posters In This Topic

• IveSeenTheLight

• Beast Boy

• sadj

• Mikey1874

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thing is, you can still do all that.

Train takes you into Union Square, where you can partake in the refreshments.

Bus leaves Union Square and will take you right to the ground.

You do understand this bus to and from the ground is going to be a nightmare.

Thousands queuing,packed in like sardines.A nightmare.

You do understand this bus to and from the ground is going to be a nightmare.

Thousands queuing,packed in like sardines.A nightmare.

Like Hampden quicker to walk back after the game.

RealMaroonCF

Can you imagine getting "a few refreshments" at the west end only to be picked up by a bus for a wee half an hour jaunt out to Livingston or Bathgate for the game and then bck afterward ?

That does not sound like something I'm wanting to do every home game

Not a good plan

Sheep rethink required

Can you imagine getting "a few refreshments" at the west end only to be picked up by a bus for a wee half an hour jaunt out to Livingston or Bathgate for the game and then bck afterward ?

That does not sound like something I'm wanting to do every home game

Not a good plan

Sheep rethink required

And it?ll cost a tenner for getting a bus there and back. Great plan...

After a few pints couldn't imagine a forty five minute wait for your next Lillian Gish. Sweating away on a juddering bus with your bladder about to explode.

Haha what an utterly sh1te prematch experience.

Romanov Stole My Pension

After a few pints couldn't imagine a forty five minute wait for your next Lillian Gish. Sweating away on a juddering bus with your bladder about to explode.

Haha what an utterly sh1te prematch experience.

This post shouldn't be taken lightly. Queueing and then standing on a bus will be a total pain in the arse.

PeterintheRain

If Abersheep really wanted to then they could rebuild their tawdry pit one stand at a time.   Assuming the dickhead Donald stand remains then they only need another 13,500 seats to match the capacity at their Kingsford dream.

Make the south stand into the new man stand and build one with 7,000 ish seats.   Plenty of room for it on that side of the ground.   There's space for a 3,500 minimum stand at the West end then replace their death trap of a main stand with a smaller version of the Wheatfield.  4,000 seats give or take.  

Results in a stadium with over 20,000 seats that doesn't require a 2 hour round trip on the bus from the town centre.   And costing well under "20 million, never mind ?50,000,000.

The only reason why they are leaving Aberdeen is so Milne can sell some cheap flats for lots of money.  

Unknown user

I just can't see it being possible.

We're building a stand for 13.5 million, but they're going build a full stadium, a training ground, roads, pavements, an enormous car park, a footbridge over a dual carriageway and they have to pay for a controlled parking zone in Aberdeenshire council.

Plus a hundred buses for every game which the club are also paying for.

For 50 million.

That they don't have.

A long 200 yards that!

But AFC don't own this site. Not sure if they'd be willing to sell either. Glad we don't have their situation. 

• 1 month later...

Blow for the dons as stadium decision delayed once more !!

A decision on Aberdeen's plans for a new £50m stadium and training complex won't be made until next year.

The Dons face a race against time in their bid to move into the state-of-the-art stadium, proposed for the Kingsford area of the city, in time for season 2020/21.

The plans were due to go to an Aberdeen City Council vote last month but Aberdeen chiefs pulled the plug to allow more time for further discussions with planners.

New information and documents have now been submitted by the club - sparking a fresh consultation period.

That means a new pre-determination meeting will have to be held and this has now been provisionally agreed for January 17.

Dons chairman Stewart Milne had been hopeful of councillors approving the plans before the turn of the year allowing work to start early in 2018.

The site near the Westhill area of the city has been met with opposition from locals while there are also question marks remaining regarding funding the £50m move.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aberdeens-new-stadium-proposals-set-11536490

Edited by CJGJ

Bazzas right boot

£50m

Spend half that on the team they might win the league.

If not, Europa league stages Should be a gimme. Ki

it will all come out in 10 years time when they're playing in front of 8,000 fans out at that godforsaken field.

Delighted we don't even have to contemplate doing this for a very, very long time. Tynecastle is our home

crichiejambos
On 8 October 2017 at 19:48, PeterintheRain said:

If Abersheep really wanted to then they could rebuild their tawdry pit one stand at a time.   Assuming the dickhead Donald stand remains then they only need another 13,500 seats to match the capacity at their Kingsford dream.

Make the south stand into the new man stand and build one with 7,000 ish seats.   Plenty of room for it on that side of the ground.   There's space for a 3,500 minimum stand at the West end then replace their death trap of a main stand with a smaller version of the Wheatfield.  4,000 seats give or take.  

Results in a stadium with over 20,000 seats that doesn't require a 2 hour round trip on the bus from the town centre.   And costing well under "20 million, never mind ?50,000,000.

The only reason why they are leaving Aberdeen is so Milne can sell some cheap flats for lots of money.  

You are very much correct regarding mr Milne! He's gonna profit no matter what the current site will be sold and who will get to build houses? Who will have contracts in building a new stadium? Win win for the bold Stewart and they Aberdeen fans will be helping fund it....

12 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

Let's not do a Hibs eh and have a massive thread.

This is my one and only contribution.

I'd agree with this.

But at the same time I hope the whole scenario for them is one of disaster.

2 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

Let's not do a Hibs eh and have a massive thread.

This is my one and only contribution.

Well this thread is a discussion point not an obsession point, so there's your difference.

The Terrace is for Hearts AND general football-related matters and what Aberdeen do re staying/moving is quite a big story in Scottish football terms.

I actually find the input from Dons fans on here quite interesting and if anything, it reassures me that the decision to stay and re-build at Tynecastle is very much the right thing to do, despite some of our own fans losing their shit over it.

People should ignore this thread if it's not their bag.

• 4 weeks later...
Shanks said no

Interesting article on the BBC today 

www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-north-east-orkney-shetland-42337697

Do like the Father Ted type protesters

Protest at planned stadium site

and is that really their Main Stand entrance?

Pittodrie Stadium

IveSeenTheLight
44 minutes ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

Regurgitated old photo's.

Nothing new to be honest.

I'm not understanding your point on the main stand entrance.

The stand is almost 100 years old.

This was Hearts Main Stand Entrance until very recently

Screen Shot 2017-12-13 at 22.43.47.png

47 minutes ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

Protest at planned stadium site

Pittodrie Stadium

I'm so angry I made a sign.

Lol

Just now, IveSeenTheLight said:

Still better than yours .

Anyway hope yees beat hibs on Saturday.

Shanks said no
1 minute ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

Sorry but that wasn't the entrance, it was to the right of it, not saying it was much better though. Difference is that our new stand and new entrance is a reality and not a pipe dream.

IveSeenTheLight
2 minutes ago, jake said:

Still better than yours .

Anyway hope yees beat hibs on Saturday.

Me too.

I hope we beat Hibs on Saturday, but I think it will be tight.

Possibly a draw on the cards or a narrow victory either way

IveSeenTheLight
3 minutes ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

Sorry but that wasn't the entrance, it was to the right of it, not saying it was much better though. Difference is that our new stand and new entrance is a reality and not a pipe dream.

So your point was you have a nice shiny new stand................

It will be interesting to see how our application pans out at the end of January

Was this your main stand entrance?

Screen Shot 2017-12-13 at 22.53.40.png

6 minutes ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

Then you understand perfectly - your stand is 100 years old. We used to have similar, but now we're laughing at you because we've done something about it and you've still got a shit stadium that you all seem to hate and was built on a literal pile of shit. 

Nelson_Ha-Ha.jpg

:D

IveSeenTheLight
1 minute ago, Smithee said:

Then you understand perfectly - your stand is 100 years old. We used to have similar, but now we're laughing at you because we've done something about it and you've still got a shit stadium that you all seem to hate and was built on a literal pile of shit. 

Nelson_Ha-Ha.jpg

:D

LOL, ok, if it amuses you crack on ;)

1 minute ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

It will be interesting to see how our application pans out at the end of January

You’re not building it. You know it. I know it. Everybody knows it.

Look forward to seeing the massively scaled back option that you eventually go with though. :thumbsup:

Shanks said no
5 minutes ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

That was our lovely entrance, yes, and much as we had fondness for the old stand its fair to say it was an eyesore, outdated and quite how we had a safety certificate is beyond me.

I hadn't realised that your main stand was as old as 1925. 

3 minutes ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

Careful what you wish for by the way, the scale of your planned build would terrify me if I was you. Our stand looks like being at least 25% over the planned 11 million spend and that's one single building in an area we know, not a huge new build development on virgin ground with unknown challenges ahead.

I'll be surprised if you get the go ahead, but if you do it'll cost waay more than 50m, guaranteed. I honestly wouldn't know what to hope for if I was you!

10 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Careful what you wish for by the way, the scale of your planned build would terrify me if I was you. Our stand looks like being at least 25% over the planned 11 million spend and that's one single building in an area we know, not a huge new build development on virgin ground with unknown challenges ahead.

I'll be surprised if you get the go ahead, but if you do it'll cost waay more than 50m, guaranteed. I honestly wouldn't know what to hope for if I was you!

Celtic/Pict Burial Ground NAP :D

Aberdeen's stadium plans are weird. The club is in a rich region in a one club city. They've had their best years since the Fergie years and their average crowds are still only around the 12-13,500 mark. I don't get how they think they can attract more people to a new bigger (I assume) stadium.

We've proven that we can sell more than than Aberdeen's ave attendance in a very, very good year in STs alone in one of our worst years. So our new stand made sense, on top of the genuine need for it. If we had had the few years Aberdeen have had we'd be selling out the new Tynecastle. This is a property deal pure and simple. I'd be pretty concerned if I was a Dons fan. Financially and support-wise it seems very risky.

portobellojambo1

Isn't the Kingsford/Kingswells area also above the snow line for the Aberdeen area, which in addition to everything else could also create additional problems if there is a lot more traffic going in and out of what does appear to be a very small sparsely populated town, with very limited amenities. If it is above the snow line it could create a situation where more games could potentially be called off if the approach roads/walkways become dangerous (just a thought like). I'd imagine they will also be thinking about link roads to get traffic across there and bypassing Aberdeen itself if coming from the South and before arriving at Aberdeen if coming from the Inverness area, which I assume are the two routes which bring most visiting fans into Aberdeen. While they don't have the space behind their main stand that we had behind ours, there is a fair bit of space behind the stand we are housed in. Surely it might make more sense to redevelop on the existing site, moving the main stand across to where we are just now, and create something smaller in its place to house away fans only, or summink along those lines. Unless Milne already has plans for the Pittodrie site that will net him a tidy little personal profit.

Edited by portobellojambo1

18 hours ago, portobellojambo1 said:

Isn't the Kingsford/Kingswells area also above the snow line for the Aberdeen area, which in addition to everything else could also create additional problems if there is a lot more traffic going in and out of what does appear to be a very small sparsely populated town, with very limited amenities. If it is above the snow line it could create a situation where more games could potentially be called off if the approach roads/walkways become dangerous (just a thought like). I'd imagine they will also be thinking about link roads to get traffic across there and bypassing Aberdeen itself if coming from the South and before arriving at Aberdeen if coming from the Inverness area, which I assume are the two routes which bring most visiting fans into Aberdeen. While they don't have the space behind their main stand that we had behind ours, there is a fair bit of space behind the stand we are housed in. Surely it might make more sense to redevelop on the existing site, moving the main stand across to where we are just now, and create something smaller in its place to house away fans only, or summink along those lines. Unless Milne already has plans for the Pittodrie site that will net him a tidy little personal profit.

Decent objection for anyone wanting to cut and paste to Aberdeen Council 

19 hours ago, portobellojambo1 said:

Your last sentence has most probably nailed it. I wonder if the relatively recent increased investment and correspondingly good league performances were a cynical ploy to butter their fans up for a move out to the arse of the universe.

21 hours ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

For the avoidance of any doubt, this is what our main stand entrance looks like now...  :)

Image may contain: night

Update from Ann Budge

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Never heard of the snow line.

However left home on Monday it was 0. By the time I passed Kingsford 6 miles away -5. It will be a cold whoor of a place to watch football

5 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

However left home on Monday it was 0. By the time I passed Kingsford 6 miles away -5. It will be a cold whoor of a place to watch football

Nice one ... ha ha

6 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Add to that as soon as a flake of snow is spotted up here the traffic stops or at beat goes to 1mph and buses disappear into a void for days so getting to and from the city centre to Kingsford would be a week long slog...

21 hours ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

That was our lovely entrance, yes, and much as we had fondness for the old stand its fair to say it was an eyesore, outdated and quite how we had a safety certificate is beyond me.

I hadn't realised that your main stand was as old as 1925. 

Its a stand that back in the day was very well designed for the lovely Dons fans to be able to spit at you as you headed to the dugouts...Going to assume it wasn’t designed with that in mind and its the Aberdonians themselves that came up with that outstanding reception to other teams....

20 hours ago, portobellojambo1 said:

Is that not what the new bypass they are building will do?

1l-image-47.jpg