• sadj

• Mikey1874

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

IveSeenTheLight

:rolleyes2:

Woosh!

I clarified that in my last post.

Ok, time to drop of this thread, I've praised time and again your increased support but you all seem to think the only way is up (with regards to attendance) with no risk of it dropping for any reasons.

I've accepted the potential, but I guess there is no risks at all.

It's great if it works out, but no doubt there will be a lot of frothing in here if it doesn't

Woosh!

I clarified that in my last post.

Ok, time to drop of this thread, I've praised time and again your increased support but you all seem to think the only way is up (with regards to attendance) with no risk of it dropping for any reasons.

I've accepted the potential, but I guess there is no risks at all.

It's great if it works out, but no doubt there will be a lot of frothing in here if it doesn't

Weird - it was YOU who brought average attendances in to the thread was it not?!

Allowayjambo1874

It's not silly, it was just a consideration / a discussion point

You make a very good point about new stand / Hib may increase attendances and I accept its entirely plausible for that to happen.

The peaked comment was a reflection of all clubs apathy if the league resorts to a two horse race.

Out of interest, do Hearts have a waiting list for Season Ticket applicants?

No waiting list but I think we are limited to how many season tickets we can sell due to limitation of capacity and we either reached that figure or were only a few hundred short of it.

I struggle to compare with West Ham.

Totally different clubs and fanbase. I'm sure they had a huge waiting list which was just waiting for the capacity increase.

This is not the same with Aberdeen.

I wasn't comparing West Ham's fan base with Aberdeen's (or Hearts' for that matter). I was simply saying that West Ham fans are now in that period of 'grace' by selling the London Stadium out. I have a friend in the village that I live in who has bought season tickets for him and his son. That's over 400 miles away. The move has created a lot of interest. But the team needs to perform to make it a success.

I think we could achieve 18,500 simply by removing the 1400 cap on travelling support.. I don't think we will, but we could.

I think that will very much depend on the uptake of season tickets. I suspect the club will hold off selling STs in the Roseburn until they see what the demand is. Ideally, I would prefer to keep the OF/Aberdeen and Hibs down to two Roseburn sections, but that's just me. Other Hearts fans want to hand the entire Roseburn over to Hibs.

If can't take up our allocation then we SHOULD give these teams a full Roseburn.

No waiting list but I think we are limited to how many season tickets we can sell due to limitation of capacity and we either reached that figure or were only a few hundred short of it.

We are not selling half season tickets this year, and indeed didn't last year, as the club like to have some tickets available for walk ups.

Sent from my LG-K350 using Tapatalk

Stephen Muddie

Aberdeen's new stadium... Will be nothing compared to Tynecastle.

Aberdeens new stadium... Will evaporate the last remaining link between Aberdeen FC 2017 and Aberdeen 1980something

Aberdeens new stadium... Is overwhelmingly "meh"

Aberdeens new stadium... Represents a gamble

Aberdeens new stadium... Is totally irrelevant

By my calculations the new stadium will be approx 6.5 mile from Pittodrie

81cb6ee6b8c5dc62c830c107e0c7fed0.jpg

This would be the same distance for us to move to Queensferry, Bonnyrigg or Musselburgh

bab92608eb09c3297bf8011fcccaac12.jpg030560b7ce170ffc0e828949a54a37fb.jpga499abf1bf8c1b580c6a255a05e78c42.jpg

Can't believe any Aberdeen would be happy for this to go ahead

Sent from my D5833 using Tapatalk

By my calculations the new stadium will be approx 6.5 mile from Pittodrie

81cb6ee6b8c5dc62c830c107e0c7fed0.jpg

This would be the same distance for us to move to Queensferry, Bonnyrigg or Musselburgh

bab92608eb09c3297bf8011fcccaac12.jpg030560b7ce170ffc0e828949a54a37fb.jpga499abf1bf8c1b580c6a255a05e78c42.jpg

Can't believe any Aberdeen would be happy for this to go ahead

Sent from my D5833 using Tapatalk

Dalkeith and Ratho too, that's mental

Why is the distance from Pittodrie an issue? We don't all live at Pittodrie, and we won't all go to the old Pittodrie site before heading to Kingsford from there.

It's whether the stadium is in Aberdeen that is the issue. The club say if this planning application is rejected, their only option is to leave the city completely, which essentially means Aberdeen will no longer have a senior football club.

Why is the distance from Pittodrie an issue? We don't all live at Pittodrie, and we won't all go to the old Pittodrie site before heading to Kingsford from there.

It's whether the stadium is in Aberdeen that is the issue. The club say if this planning application is rejected, their only option is to leave the city completely, which essentially means Aberdeen will no longer have a senior football club.

It illustrates how far out of town they are moving. I think this is a huge gamble, especially as it comes just as McInnes's team is being dismantled and when he has competition again in the form of ourselves and Rangers. 

Aberdeen fans are fickle and lazy to say the least, and the chances are high that they will be less successful from now on than during the last 2 or 3 years (and even then they only won a League Cup). 

I'd say it's already out of the city... 

The discussion is mute* when there's very little chance that they'll raise the money required to pay for even these out of town retail park style designs.

*Moot

It illustrates how far out of town they are moving.

Pittodrie is at the very east of the city boundary. Kingsford at the very west. All that has been highlighted is the length/width of the city boundary.

Loirston would have been at the very South, so 4.8 miles away from Pittodrie, but in Cove so right in the city.

I think this is a huge gamble, especially as it comes just as McInnes's team is being dismantled and when he has competition again in the form of ourselves and Rangers.

Aberdeen fans are fickle and lazy to say the least, and the chances are high that they will be less successful from now on than during the last 2 or 3 years (and even then they only won a League Cup).

Where's the evidence of all this? No-one has left except the loan signings (Maddison might be coming back) and fringe players.

If Hayes and McGinn leave this month then yeh, huge blows, but even then it doesn't show evidence of a decline. Hearts are in just as much danger (or more as evidenced in recent reasons) of losing players as us.

kingantti1874

Pittodrie is at the very east of the city boundary. Kingsford at the very west. All that has been highlighted is the length/width of the city boundary.

Loirston would have been at the very South, so 4.8 miles away from Pittodrie, but in Cove so right in the city.

Where's the evidence of all this? No-one has left except the loan signings (Maddison might be coming back) and fringe players.

If Hayes and McGinn leave this month then yeh, huge blows, but even then it doesn't show evidence of a decline. Hearts are in just as much danger (or more as evidenced in recent reasons) of losing players as us.

Paterson aside, don't think we are that bothered at losing players tbh.. none of the rest are massive losses..

Paterson aside, don't think we are that bothered at losing players tbh.. none of the rest are massive losses..

Jamie Walker, Arnaud Djoum? Two there who would be difficult to replace.

I actually liked Ozturk and Rossi as players. I know nothing about this new boy you've signed but Souttar for me is overrated.

kingantti1874

Jamie Walker, Arnaud Djoum? Two there who would be difficult to replace.

I actually liked Ozturk and Rossi as players. I know nothing about this new boy you've signed but Souttar for me is overrated.

Walker aye.. but he won't go..

Shanks said no

Aberdeen will have had an insight into what their ground will look like if they watched the Plymouth v Pool game tonight. 3 of the sides very similar in capacity terms, if the finish the other side it will be around 20,000

800px-HomePark.jpg

Edited by godandgorgie2012

The difference is we have almost paid for our new stand, while having a much lower wage bill in place and still relatively competing with yourselves. While in the meantime we would sell a player to help fund the last of the stand in 16months time our team will benefit from the new stand being in place with extra revenue and no debts that will affect team budgets.

Aberdeen have been lucky to keep the core of a team over the past 3/4 seasons which has helped keep consistency, but I can not see you replacing the quality Haynes mcginn Maddison have for next season starting especially when their is talk of new stadiums to help be funded.

You've misread my posts.

When I mentioned marginal, it was the drop from last years averages.

I did mention the season before you went down where there was a marginal difference then

"In 13/14 just before you went down, you averaged 14,183 to the split and dropped post split to 13,802."

but then went on to say that you have increased from being successful and galvanising behind your club.

I reitterate, I'm not interested in debating who has the larger home fan base. I concede Hearts have repeatedly had more home fans than Aberdeen

Hearts have a bigger support than aberdeen, get over it.

Stephen Muddie

Aberdeen will have had an insight into what their ground will look like if they watched the Plymouth v Pool game tonight. 3 of the sides very similar in capacity terms, if the finish the other side it will be around 20,000

800px-HomePark.jpg

It's like a mini hamdump

• 8 months later...
Unknown user

So, news..

It seems that Aberdeen got word that planners were going to recommend against their plans so they've requested that the matter not be raised at the council meeting this week and instead be postponed until they've had a chance to persuade further.

It's not looking good for them, which is of course no surprise to anyone but the desperately optimistic

All roads lead to Gorgie

So Edinburgh doesn't have the monopoly on nimbyism then. Did they not have another site identified in Cove or there or there about?

Unknown user

So Edinburgh doesn't have the monopoly on nimbyism then. Did they not have another site identified in Cove or there or there about?

To be fair, the plans are shit - they need a fleet of 100 buses (that the club will pay for!) to magically appear every fortnight then dissolve back into regular service across Scotland for starters, not to mention everything else, like their parking plans involve people crossing a dual carriageway (we'll build a bridge!) and yes, nimbyism. But reasonable nimbyism I think, which quiet village dweller wants to be infested with a thousand+ cars 20 times a year?

The whole thing's obviously unrealistic, no matter what our muttony chums tell us.

Why cant they demolish Pittodrie and rebuild there? They have the room. Seems mad to take the fans out into the boonies.

Why cant they demolish Pittodrie and rebuild there? They have the room. Seems mad to take the fans out into the boonies.

I imagine a lot of the funding would come from the sale of Pittodrie, or at least the land it's on!

I may be wrong but I think they are relying on the cash from developing Pittodrie into housing to build the new stadium.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

I imagine a lot of the funding would come from the sale of Pittodrie, or at least the land it's on!

Shame that.

Perhaps they can fans fund raise and pay for the Pittodrie redevelopment. A bit like Hibs...oh wait the noo!

fabienleclerq

Don't think they have the room or the cash tbh, shame.

Don't think they have the room or the cash tbh, shame.

But...but...Theyre the third force in Scottish football! They MUST have money!

The Treasurer

You'd almost think they had someone on their board who is a house-builder and is desperate to get his hands on some prime house-building land

kingantti1874

Seems you be they asked for the vote to be deferred because they thought it was going against them

Edited by kingantti1874

You'd almost think they had someone on their board who is a house-builder and is desperate to get his hands on some prime house-building land

:spoton:

upgotheheads

I may be wrong but I think they are relying on the cash from developing Pittodrie into housing to build the new stadium.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

And if they can make the 50 million required for the new stadium from building houses on Pittodrie then it just shows how much builders must be making all round the country.

All roads lead to Gorgie

Am I the only one who had to look up the meaning of "nimbyism".....?

Not in my back yard (nimby) has been in common use for ages. It is one reason that Edinburgh will never get a Hydro type music venue for instance.

The sheep's choice of site is an odd one and is so far out of town that the people up there must think that the club is pushing for the cheapest bit of land rather than the most suitable though.

Surely not? I'm shocked - yes shocked