Aberdeen's new stadium...

Buffalo Bill

Lord Beni of Gorgie
Just now, sadj said:

The training facility is most definitely not open yet. They have foundations down or did when I drove past a few weeks ago not sure if they have moved on @Sir Gio will give you a better balanced position on where its at than the weirdie sheep boy. He has to see it more often than me. 

Have to drive by every day

:sob:

Basically a mecanno set the first building up. State of the art mind you 

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• IveSeenTheLight

• Beast Boy

• sadj

• Unknown user

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just now, Sir Gio said:

My colleague said October. Coming on now, far more of a shape,  pitches seeded, floodlights up. 3 months late I was told 

A21763F9-690C-4EC8-B9E3-E86C3C06055A.jpeg

Just now, Sir Gio said:

Have to drive by every day

:sob:

Basically a mecanno set the first building up. State of the art mind you 

I didn’t want to say you had to go past everyday and remind you of such a vile and depressing thought. 

IveSeenTheLight
6 hours ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

:lol:

I noticed some photos of them building the training facility back in April. What's the state of play here @IveSeenTheLight I'm guessing the timeline has been revised and the training facility isn't open yet?

Seeing as how the work has started, then I'm guessing some money has already changed hands to pay for construction. Is someone paying for this up front, and are Aberdeen FC going to pay them back from the sale of Pittodrie?

The training ground funds are in place and last I heard the training facilities are expected to be completed in October.

30 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

WHO CARES?

What is it with the sheep all over these boards?

In fairness he was answering a question asked directly to him, in a thread about the sheep stadium. 

If you don’t care then just don’t come in the thread. 

kirkierobroy

With more authoritative houndings of Laplanders as tonight they could well occasionally have a +10k crowd at the Bypassodrome. If it's ever built.

If you only had 9,500 season ticket holders why would you spend £30-50m on a new 25,000 seater stadium? Intriguing. 

1 hour ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

The training ground funds are in place and last I heard the training facilities are expected to be completed in October.

Thanks. Is the funding plan any clearer yet? I asked how it was going to be paid for previously, but you weren’t really sure at that point. 👍

Guest ToqueJambo
30 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

If you only had 9,500 season ticket holders why would you spend £30-50m on a new 25,000 seater stadium? Intriguing. 

I've been to Aberdeen. A taciturn bunch. This way they can leave a seat between each person so they don't have to talk to each other at the match. Also Milne's going to make an absolute fortune redeveloping Pittodrie.

Edited by ToqueJambo

Bazzas right boot
32 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Pretty sure it's a smaller stadium they are moving to, 19k.

Guest ToqueJambo
1 hour ago, kirkierobroy said:

With more authoritative houndings of Laplanders as tonight they could well occasionally have a +10k crowd at the Bypassodrome. If it's ever built.

The Baadome.

10 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

The Baadome.

👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

10 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

I've been to Aberdeen. A taciturn bunch. This way they can leave a seat between each person so they don't have to talk to each other at the match. Also Milne's going to make an absolute fortune redeveloping Pittodrie.

😮how dare you suggest Milne wants the land Pittodries on. Not like he’s been trying to get them away from there for 20+ years....

10 hours ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

Pretty sure it's a smaller stadium they are moving to, 19k.

20k i think

10 hours ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Thanks. Is the funding plan any clearer yet? I asked how it was going to be paid for previously, but you weren’t really sure at that point. 👍

🤔

Lord Beni of Gorgie
18 hours ago, sadj said:

I didn’t want to say you had to go past everyday and remind you of such a vile and depressing thought. 

Because I'm driving, I don't get a really good look, tried to slow a bit this morning. Seems they are fairly well advanced with what looks like the changing area (fancy bomb shelter), probably 3 pitches outlined and floodlit, with bus shelter type seating along the perimeter of what would be the main pitch I assume, it seems to be seeded and the most advanced. 1 definitely maybe 2 also very close to completion, but from my view seeding still needed.

I don't want to by hyper critical, but the work has not exactly gone at apace, and it will be the equivalent of moving into a new build and the rest of the street is still getting built.

It is a fair bit of real estate, once(if) fully completed, it will be a good centre for them, I think with the speed of this work, it would be fantasy to believe they will be playing games there in 2 years, but I am no expert of course.

7 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Because I'm driving, I don't get a really good look, tried to slow a bit this morning. Seems they are fairly well advanced with what looks like the changing area (fancy bomb shelter), probably 3 pitches outlined and floodlit, with bus shelter type seating along the perimeter of what would be the main pitch I assume, it seems to be seeded and the most advanced. 1 definitely maybe 2 also very close to completion, but from my view seeding still needed.

I don't want to by hyper critical, but the work has not exactly gone at apace, and it will be the equivalent of moving into a new build and the rest of the street is still getting built.

It is a fair bit of real estate, once(if) fully completed, it will be a good centre for them, I think with the speed of this work, it would be fantasy to believe they will be playing games there in 2 years, but I am no expert of course.

Just imagine it was the real estate before Milne sold some of the land at Kingsford off when the council first rejected his plans all those years ago.... No , I wouldn’t say its gone at any pace at all. Calculated pace I’d guess so there’s money for it🤷🏻‍♂️

Lord Beni of Gorgie
40 minutes ago, sadj said:

Just imagine it was the real estate before Milne sold some of the land at Kingsford off when the council first rejected his plans all those years ago.... No , I wouldn’t say its gone at any pace at all. Calculated pace I’d guess so there’s money for it🤷🏻‍♂️

Definitely managing the investment. Took them a good while to raise the 10 million for this. 

They seem to have attracted investment how deep the pockets are remain to be seen,  but they do have good people at Aberdeen for the moment 

IveSeenTheLight
16 hours ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

‘It’s still not fully lined out.

Cormack reckoned (in June), they aim to have it all lined out within the next 12 months (11 months now)

5 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

They've said by the start of the 2022/23 season, so in 3 years time. The training ground to be ready this October.

Definitely managing the investment. Took them a good while to raise the 10 million for this. 

They seem to have attracted investment how deep the pockets are remain to be seen,  but they do have good people at Aberdeen for the moment 

Yes, there is ongoing investment from the states, I’d expect naming rights will be raised along with the proceeds of selling Pittodrie

By good you mean rich not good 😉 are any Aberdonians good people? Well bar yourself , family and my Mrs obvs.😝

33 minutes ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

‘It’s still not fully lined out.

Cormack reckoned (in June), they aim to have it all lined out within the next 12 months (11 months now)

They've said by the start of the 2022/23 season, so in 3 years time. The training ground to be ready this October.

Yes, there is ongoing investment from the states, I’d expect naming rights will be raised along with the proceeds of selling Pittodrie

Does it not worry you slightly that they’ve started a £51m project that your club’s entire future hinges on, and nobody has bothered to communicate how it’s going to be paid for in any kind of meaningful detail? I’d be shitting myself it that was us.

As for the date of the stadium opening, it was actually supposed to be 2020/21 season:

https://www.kingsfordstadium.co.uk/timeline/

81B8ED91-5901-4FEA-BB44-9CF373DC5425.png

Edited by Icon of Symmetry

IveSeenTheLight
2 hours ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Does it not worry you slightly that they’ve started a £51m project that your club’s entire future hinges on, and nobody has bothered to communicate how it’s going to be paid for in any kind of meaningful detail? I’d be shitting myself it that was us.

There was initial concerns.

Ive been over them before.

Now I’m increasingly confident it will come through and come good.

2 hours ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

As for the date of the stadium opening, it was actually supposed to be 2020/21 season:

https://www.kingsfordstadium.co.uk/timeline/

Thats old news. If you want the up-to-date info, it’s currently saying it will be in time for the 2022/23 season

Phase Two is scheduled to be completed in time for the 2022/23 season.

Guest ToqueJambo
10 minutes ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

Thats old news. If you want the up-to-date info, it’s currently saying it will be in time for the 2022/23 season

New-Stadium-1024x576.thumb.jpg.1a6b80ff46f55c0dff1480e18206a298.jpg

That's a big, chipper looking  crowd. Nothing like a bit of creative licence! So how long will it take that lot to get out the car park or onto the "shuttle buses". 1 hour. Two? Can just imagine the stories of lost Dons fans trying to cut across fields in their desperation to get home and being found snuggling sheep to stay warm...

IveSeenTheLight
8 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

That's a big, chipper looking  crowd. Nothing like a bit of creative licence! So how long will it take that lot to get out the car park or onto the "shuttle buses". 1 hour. Two? Can just imagine the stories of lost Dons fans trying to cut across fields in their desperation to get home and being found snuggling sheep to stay warm...

I can imagine like at Pittodrie, most will park in surrounding areas, walk 15-20 mins and then jump in their cars

Guest ToqueJambo
16 minutes ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

I can imagine like at Pittodrie, most will park in surrounding areas, walk 15-20 mins and then jump in their cars

What surrounding areas. It's in the middle of nowhere. Looks like a windy walk! All research shows inner city stadiums - especially multi-use ones - are the way to go. How will older kids get there without their folks for example?

Edited by ToqueJambo

41 minutes ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

Oh, that’s a relief. What was it about the financing plan that allayed your fears in the end? Something in the fine details that you saw and thought ‘Wow! Thank goodness. This isn’t just pure folly after all”, I expect?

Guest ToqueJambo

https://www.kingsfordstadium.co.uk/location-of-the-new-stadium/

"Pittodrie is a land-locked site that, when redeveloped to UEFA standards, would have a much reduced capacity. The redevelopment would cause significant disruption for local residents and traffic users in a densely-populated residential area for several years – and would cost as much, if not more, than a new, purpose-built stadium with training facilities. Many of those pointing towards the redevelopment at Tynecastle now recognise the increased scope, cost and impact on schedule this type of work has created for Hearts.

"Equally, Hearts have the option of playing matches at Murrayfield to overcome schedule over-run impacts but Aberdeen FC does not have such an option within our area, so where would we play AFC games during any redevelopment? Further, if we were able to redevelop Pittodrie, we would not benefit from the proceeds of the sale of the site.

"We are not making an empty claim. Kingsford truly is the only remaining option. It is large enough and within the Club’s control, making it affordable and deliverable."

This stuff on the stadium website is so reminiscent of the Pieman trying to convince us selling Tynecastle is the only option due mostly to "UEFA standards". Let's be honest, the bit in bold is the key driver of this whole thing! A few people are going to make a lot of money, while Aberdeen fans lose their spiritual home and have to sit in their car for an hour after games or trudge down the side of a road through a gale with no pub in sight.

IveSeenTheLight
1 minute ago, ToqueJambo said:

Let's be honest, the bit in bold is the key driver of this whole thing! A few people are going to make a lot of money, while Aberdeen fans lose their spiritual home and have to sit in their car for an hour after games or trudge down the side of a road through a gale with no pub in sight.

Most people drive to Pittodrie as it is. So no change there.

I believe the stadium also has plans for a pub within the stadium.

Selling Pittodrie, will contribute a significant portion of the required funds.

It would have cost more to redevelop on site and without the income generated from the site sale.

Commercially, it just wouldn’t have happened.

3 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

https://www.kingsfordstadium.co.uk/location-of-the-new-stadium/

"Pittodrie is a land-locked site that, when redeveloped to UEFA standards, would have a much reduced capacity. The redevelopment would cause significant disruption for local residents and traffic users in a densely-populated residential area for several years – and would cost as much, if not more, than a new, purpose-built stadium with training facilities. Many of those pointing towards the redevelopment at Tynecastle now recognise the increased scope, cost and impact on schedule this type of work has created for Hearts.

"Equally, Hearts have the option of playing matches at Murrayfield to overcome schedule over-run impacts but Aberdeen FC does not have such an option within our area, so where would we play AFC games during any redevelopment? Further, if we were able to redevelop Pittodrie, we would not benefit from the proceeds of the sale of the site.

"We are not making an empty claim. Kingsford truly is the only remaining option. It is large enough and within the Club’s control, making it affordable and deliverable."

This stuff on the stadium website is so reminiscent of the Pieman trying to convince us selling Tynecastle is the only option due mostly to "UEFA standards". Let's be honest, the bit in bold is the key driver of this whole thing! A few people are going to make a lot of money, while Aberdeen fans lose their spiritual home and have to sit in their car for an hour after games or trudge down the side of a road through a gale with no pub in sight.

That is superb. Not quite saying we can’t redevelop Pittodrie as thats a lie so implying there is no option. 

Pieman Pieman Pieman..... Sale of the site will make the investment required lower but also means all the investment is required at the same time. End of though these people are in it to make money and as Milne wanted Kingsford 20years ago on his own land out there its hardly going to he for the good of Aberdeen only he is doing it now.

Just now, IveSeenTheLight said:

It would have cost more to redevelop on site and without the income generated from the site sale.

You or the other Aberdeen welt said a while ago no no the holiday inn and hotel and the broady at a push were there and you hoped they would put a pub in there eventually but at present its not in the plans. 

How would it just not of happened commercially? 🤔

Guest ToqueJambo
5 minutes ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

I'm sure they do like many Hearts fans but they don't park right outside the stadium. I quite like walking down residential streets to stadiums tucked away in towns, past the programme sellers, etc, etc and being able to pick up some chips and head to a pub without faffing about with the car.

I'd be much warmer towards this stadium if it had proper transport links. As it is, it's very regressive. I also like the history at stadiums. I'm not an Aberdeen fan by any stretch but Pittodrie hosted some historic times that will never be equalled. I know when I'm at Tynecastle and the game is shit (happens a lot sadly) I often get lost in memories of great past games. 

Edited by ToqueJambo

Unknown user
18 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

What surrounding areas. It's in the middle of nowhere. Looks like a windy walk! All research shows inner city stadiums - especially multi-use ones - are the way to go. How will older kids get there without their folks for example?

Collage-Maker-20190719-204821192.jpg

indianajones
30 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Would hope to start seeing some pictures 

There won't be any for a while.

Drive past the place a lot and it's still in ground preparation by the looks of things. 

On 18/07/2019 at 15:40, Sir Gio said:

My colleague said October. Coming on now, far more of a shape,  pitches seeded, floodlights up. 3 months late I was told 

Was up there a few weeks ago.

Looked like they'd done the sum total of f*** all since the last time I was up there in February.

Maybe more like four months late then :lol:

13 minutes ago, indianajones said:

There won't be any for a while.

Drive past the place a lot and it's still in ground preparation by the looks of things. 

That is at least something 

32 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Collage-Maker-20190719-204821192.jpg

That'll be a busy day when they're playing the OF. It'll look very different vs the other teams. 

498173.jpg

On 13/06/2019 at 15:18, Icon of Symmetry said:

A few years ago they wanted to demolish a stand because their crowds were so shit.

Think it was more the Council wanted to build a new road right through the stand. They eventually changed the design to 'save' the stadium.

1 hour ago, ToqueJambo said:

Can just imagine the stories of lost Dons fans trying to cut across fields in their desperation to get home and being found shagging sheep to stay warm...

Fixed that for you! 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
5 hours ago, sadj said:

By good you mean rich not good 😉 are any Aberdonians good people? Well bar yourself , family and my Mrs obvs.😝

Think the guy quietly behind the scenes is Rob Wicks. Duncan Fraser has provided them with a good deal of fiscal responsibility too.

On the stadium itself I don't think the location will  instantly be a problem. Aberdeenshire is a fairly spread county, most people are used to moving about especially by car.

Never seen so many people wearing Aberdeen tops as well. 

One of the reasons its important to get back in front of them. They are without doubt more fickle,  they are enjoying the European stuff and a procession of semifinals at least. 

They are unlikely to stick around if it falters and then everything becomes a house of cards. 

We need to get past them

Edited by Sir Gio

1 hour ago, ToqueJambo said:

New-Stadium-1024x576.thumb.jpg.1a6b80ff46f55c0dff1480e18206a298.jpg

How ****in awful does that look?

:rofl:

4 minutes ago, Whatever said:

How ****in awful does that look?

:rofl:

It's like St mirrens only with the corners filled. And why is it nearly night but the fans on the left are in sunlight?!  

Lord Beni of Gorgie

ITK

Sure I have said earlier in the thread,  they want something akin to Tynecastle. 

But you don't create that with bricks and mortar. 

6 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

ITK

Sure I have said earlier in the thread,  they want something akin to Tynecastle. 

But you don't create that with bricks and mortar. 

Well by the look of it they’ve achieved something akin to the Tony Macaroni.

Hideous.

indianajones

Still maintain the opinion that this is a terrible move for Aberdeen. 

The only thing that's there is some oil offices and the new bypass. Soulless area! Not a pub in sight! 

davemclaren

Going to be interesting. First major Scottish club to move to a new out of town stadium in a 100 years at least. 

Oi Nik Kershaw, does Wiggy still have his syrup out begging local companies to pay for your white sheep? I mean, elephant. 

Unknown user
10 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Going to be interesting. First major Scottish club to move to a new out of town stadium in a 100 years at least. 

I was going to say St Johnstone but Mcdiarmid's at least on the edge of the town.