Aberdeen's new stadium...

Buffalo Bill

1 hour ago, indianajones said:

I know Aberdeen very well. 

It's a massive shithole. Everytime I go in it just seems more run down. Parts of Edinburgh are the same although maybe not quite as bad, yet. 

Aberdeen as a city would benefit massively from a new sports complex at the beach. It would have to include more than just a football stadium for a club that's stuck in the past. 

Speak to Don's fans a lot. They are extremely lethargic about their club. Zero interest from a lot of them other than looking out for the FT result. I'd say they are in a bad place unless they win some silverware soon. 

From 2012 to 2016 they had a pretty solid run at achieving something, but only managed to return one cup. Its not easy winning a cup in fairness, Celtic are a massive obstacle to that but with Rangers out of the picture, us on our knees financially (the lurch from 2012 to our eventual relegation) plus Hibs being ... well hibs can't help but think they underachieved.  Plus the *******s blocked the change to the voting structure for not even 5 years worth of short termism. 

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• IveSeenTheLight

• Beast Boy

• sadj

• Mikey1874

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

"Aberdeen City Council has been asked for comment."

Former councillor Muriel Jaffrey kicking up shit.  ☺ Well done to her. 

2 hours ago, neilnunb said:

:wtf:

"The granny, who was on the planning committee for almost two decades, has been told the disease is still active for hundreds of years and is concerned about what could be dredged up."

Apart from the one simple fact which is that's total bollocks.  From the CDC," Yersinia pestis is easily destroyed by sunlight and drying. Even so, when released into air, the bacterium will survive for up to one hour, depending on conditions".  From another source it can live for about a month in soil.  In fact, the only sources that mention anything about "hundreds of years" are the Sun and the Daily Mail.

I know sunlight is a strange phenomenon in Aberdeen, but come on to ****, this is the least of their concerns. 

Fxxx the SPFL
On 23/06/2022 at 22:03, Nookie Bear said:

By anyones logic every city is on a downwards spiral 🤷‍♂️

but we've got the festival and the noo year perty surely that's worth more than oil :whistling:

Bazzas right boot
6 hours ago, tian447 said:

:wtf:

"The granny, who was on the planning committee for almost two decades, has been told the disease is still active for hundreds of years and is concerned about what could be dredged up."

Apart from the one simple fact which is that's total bollocks.  From the CDC," Yersinia pestis is easily destroyed by sunlight and drying. Even so, when released into air, the bacterium will survive for up to one hour, depending on conditions".  From another source it can live for about a month in soil.  In fact, the only sources that mention anything about "hundreds of years" are the Sun and the Daily Mail.

I know sunlight is a strange phenomenon in Aberdeen, but come on to ****, this is the least of their concerns. 

It must be shite being an expert or scientist now. 

Doesn't matter about data or facts, just have a simple slogan, conjure up a daft conspiracy theory or some wild auld house wife's tale and put it out there. 

Folk then jump on it. 

Imagine being an economist during brexit, a climate science type or a scientist/ doctir during covid and reading the shite being spouted by the Granny Karen types. 

You'd just give up. 

15 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

It must be shite being an expert or scientist now. 

Doesn't matter about data or facts, just have a simple slogan, conjure up a daft conspiracy theory or some wild auld house wife's tale and put it out there. 

Folk then jump on it. 

Imagine being an economist during brexit, a climate science type or a scientist/ doctir during covid and reading the shite being spouted by the Granny Karen types. 

You'd just give up. 

You should read the threads in the shed, all the experts in the world on everything are in there, permanently. 

buzzbomb1958

Please can I say there is more chance of Septic and Plastic fc playing in the EPL than the sheep building a new stadium , end of thread😎😎😎

On 24/06/2022 at 11:49, kingantti1874 said:

reality is it’s a city with a dwindling population. There may be isolated cases of bonus’s due to short term profits.  But it’s no renaissance 

Really, you’ve quite clearly not been in and around the place for a while. There is no dwindling population and the amount of building going on is incredible. But then again I’ve lived here off and on for the last 30 years.

kingantti1874
11 minutes ago, dallan said:

Really, you’ve quite clearly not been in and around the place for a while. There is no dwindling population and the amount of building going on is incredible. But then again I’ve lived here off and on for the last 30 years.

public sector workers are offer a shit load to move up there following the collapse of the oil industry 

in 30 years - Aberdeen will be no more relevant than Peterhead 

Edited by kingantti1874

I'm surprised they don't just renovate Pittodre tbh. Seems a decent bit of land and their ground if anything is too big for them. Give the ground a facelift and not sink £75m, no?

27 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

public sector workers are offer a shit load to move up there following the collapse of the oil industry 

No that will not happen in my opinion they will just switch to other industries and Aberdeen will evolve from oil and gas it is not as if Dundee just became like St Andrews after the jute industry died 

Probably go down the renewables route I would guess

5 minutes ago, OTT said:

I'm surprised they don't just renovate Pittodre tbh. Seems a decent bit of land and their ground if anything is too big for them. Give the ground a facelift and not sink £75m, no?

Aberdeen just doesn’t generate a healthy fan base even winning they’re poor in terms of filling pittodrie not helped by the large Celtic & Rangers fans in the town and surrounding areas. You could build or renovate the stadium as much as you want it won’t get anymore fans in.

51 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Pretty incoherent post and pretty wide of the mark but hey, sounds like you have all the answers

kingantti1874
45 minutes ago, dallan said:

Pretty incoherent post and pretty wide of the mark but hey, sounds like you have all the answers

7 beers in what do you want from me. 😂 

Keep that monstrosity of a big stand which is fairly new, and rebuild the other 3 with Livingston style stands ?? Basic shells ? Surely that’s the answer for them. Capacity maybe down a wee bit but could probably do that for £5-10m.  
they have a core of 8k ST holders so 15k capacity is probably decent for them

5 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

Keep that monstrosity of a big stand which is fairly new, and rebuild the other 3 with Livingston style stands ?? Basic shells ? Surely that’s the answer for them. Capacity maybe down a wee bit but could probably do that for £5-10m.  

Would make far more sense than plunging themselves into debt for a smaller stadium. 

Dunno about the logistics of it, but could they not flip the mainstand over to the south side, renovate it to first class facilities, similar to Tynie and convert the smaller goalside end into an away end? 

I imagine they've looked at it a million different ways, Cormack for his faults does seem every bit a passionate fan. Relocation probably isn't something thats been considered lightly. 

Its a shame for a side to move away from its home. Especially with the history there under Fergie. 

Watt-Zeefuik
5 hours ago, Sooks said:

No that will not happen in my opinion they will just switch to other industries and Aberdeen will evolve from oil and gas it is not as if Dundee just became like St Andrews after the jute industry died 

Probably go down the renewables route I would guess

Offshore wind platforms will need servicing just like offshore oil platforms do.

16 hours ago, 1971fozzy said:

Because that would be a very basic stadium that wouldn't make them any money.

One thing Aberdeen do well is the corporate side of things, which is actually why - despite lower crowds - they still make more from match day income than Hearts and Hibs.

Cormack has been weaned on Atlanta's new stadium and all the money they make from food and drink there. That's his plan at Aberdeen and why he's not bothered about cutting the capacity to 16,000.

1 minute ago, GC81 said:

Because that would be a very basic stadium that wouldn't make them any money.

One thing Aberdeen do well is the corporate side of things, which is actually why - despite lower crowds - they still make more from match day income than Hearts and Hibs.

Cormack has been weaned on Atlanta's new stadium and all the money they make from food and drink there. That's his plan at Aberdeen and why he's not bothered about cutting the capacity to 16,000.

Dangerous game that because the corporate sandwich brigade are not a reliable source of income long term unlike the average Aberdeen fan