Aberdeen's new stadium...

Buffalo Bill

davemclaren
Just now, Smithee said:

I was going to say St Johnstone but Mcdiarmid's at least on the edge of the town.

I only see the 7 big city clubs as major tbh and that’s pushing it when you look at the two Dundee teams now. 

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• IveSeenTheLight

• Beast Boy

• sadj

• Unknown user

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Maiden Gorgie
13 hours ago, Whatever said:

Well by the look of it they’ve achieved something akin to the Tony Macaroni.

Hideous.

First ground I thought of too

20 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

New-Stadium-1024x576.thumb.jpg.1a6b80ff46f55c0dff1480e18206a298.jpg

That's a big, chipper looking  crowd. Nothing like a bit of creative licence! So how long will it take that lot to get out the car park or onto the "shuttle buses". 1 hour. Two? Can just imagine the stories of lost Dons fans trying to cut across fields in their desperation to get home and being found snuggling sheep to stay warm...

Is that it ? Not being funny but that looks feking terrible. :vrface:

adambraejambo
23 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

New-Stadium-1024x576.thumb.jpg.1a6b80ff46f55c0dff1480e18206a298.jpg

That's a big, chipper looking  crowd. Nothing like a bit of creative licence! So how long will it take that lot to get out the car park or onto the "shuttle buses". 1 hour. Two? Can just imagine the stories of lost Dons fans trying to cut across fields in their desperation to get home and being found snuggling sheep to stay warm...

I feel sorry for the free bar hospitality group .Get kicked out at 7pm in the pitch black In middle of nowhere . Imagine a few hundred all out at same time . They drunk it snowing and next bus not due for 30 mins ....bus comes along and only space for 20 Haha . We lucky to have Tynecastle where it is a short walk to centre or 5 mins on a bus. 

• 1 month later...
Seymour M Hersh
On 19/07/2019 at 21:52, Whatever said:

How ****in awful does that look?

:rofl:

Looks pretty soulless doesn't it. Not unlike the club tbh so perhaps a goos fit.

On 19/07/2019 at 21:52, Whatever said:

How ****in awful does that look?

:rofl:

About a hundred times better than their current eyesore.

21 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Looks pretty soulless doesn't it. Not unlike the club tbh so perhaps a goos fit.

What does soul look like?

Look at the current sheepdip its an ugly hole. I don't mind the look of the supposed new stadium. Too good for the sheepshaggers though

148992_439418852792636_349624549_n.jpg

Edited by AJAMBO

1 hour ago, Newton51 said:

Voted for Jim Bett

Good call. I voted for 5 names I didn't know. But Jim Bett would be a good result. I've two more votes on work laptop and my Pad. 

Seymour M Hersh
1 hour ago, Ray Gin said:

So if their fans wave around more flags and scarves it'll be soulful? 

Whatever. You're just trolling. You know exactly what I mean. Away and go Raygin elsewhere. 

grumpyespana
5 hours ago, AJAMBO said:

Look at the current sheepdip its an ugly hole. I don't mind the look of the supposed new stadium. Too good for the sheepshaggers though

148992_439418852792636_349624549_n.jpg

That's the famous shed where I used to stand  with the p@ss running down the stairs happy days lol.

1 hour ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Whatever. You're just trolling. You know exactly what I mean. Away and go Raygin elsewhere. 

I'm not trolling. I just think 'soulless' is an overly used nonsense term when it comes to new stadiums. You've done nothing to convince me otherwise. 

1 hour ago, grumpyespana said:

That's the famous shed where I used to stand  with the p@ss running down the stairs happy days lol.

Its the stantion me and my mates would stand. Piss hole up to the right.bottle of old england wine or QC .

8 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

Aberdeen asking their fans to name/ pick players for training pitches. 

Survey is open to everyone to answer if you want. We've been quite good at polls

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49439456

6 hours ago, Newton51 said:

Voted for Jim Bett

Link to the survey

Another vote for Jim Bett

https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/PR2SWLT

8 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

Aberdeen asking their fans to name/ pick players for training pitches. 

Survey is open to everyone to answer if you want. We've been quite good at polls

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49439456

6 hours ago, Newton51 said:

Voted for Jim Bett

Link to the survey

Another vote for Jim Bett

https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/PR2SWLT

upgotheheads

I would think that Miller and McLeish are shoe-ins, and Hewitt for his winning goal in the cup winners cup will be there but why not Eric Black the other scorer?

He did leave Aberdeen under a bit of a cloud I seem to remember but it seems petty to leave him out,

Edited by upgotheheads

IveSeenTheLight
21 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

Good call. I voted for 5 names I didn't know. But Jim Bett would be a good result. I've two more votes on work laptop and my Pad. 

23 hours ago, Newton51 said:

Voted for Jim Bett

Welcome to being Aberdeen fans 🤪

Seriously though, there should be some good candidates beyond the normal expectation.

Alec YoungPLAYED IN EVERY LEAGUE MATCH AS THE DONS WON THEIR FIRST EVER LEAGUE CHAMPIONSHIPHE WOULD ALSO GO ONTO WIN THE LEAGUE CUP IN THE FOLLOWING SEASON.

Chris AndersonFORMER PLAYER WHO HELPED TO TRANSFORM THE CLUB AFTER JOINING THE BOARD IN 1967. INSTRUMENTAL IN THE DEVELOPMENT OF THE FIRST ALL COVERED, ALL SEATED GROUND IN BRITISH FOOTBALL.

Joe HarperTHE KING OF THE BEACH END’ IS ABERDEEN’S ALL – TIME LEADING GOAL SCORER. JOE SCORED 199 GOALS IN 300 APPEARANCES AND WON ALL DOMESTIC HONOURS WITH THE CLUB.

Donald ColemanONE OF THE GAMES EARLIEST AND GREATEST INNOVATORS. HE AMASSED 346 APPEARANCES FOR THE DONS AND LATER RETURNED AS A TRAINER. FOLLOWING A TRIP TO NORWAY HE WOULD HELP BRING THE DUGOUT TO THE BRITISH GAME.

Eoin JessMADE 380 APPEARANCES AND 94 GOALS AT PITTODRIE, JESS IS ONE OF THE MOST NATURALLY GIFTED PLAYERS TO EVER PULL ON AN ABERDEEN JERSEY. WINNER OF THREE TROPHIES AND IS THE ONLY ABERDEEN PLAYER TO WIN THE PFA YOUNG PLAYER OF THE YEAR AWARD TWICE.

Teddy ScottSERVED THE DONS THROUGH SIX DECADES IN A NUMBER OF ROLES INCLUDING PLAYER, COACH AND KITMAN. AWARDED A TESTIMONIAL MATCH AGAINST MANCHESTER UNITED IN 1999 WHERE A CAPACITY CROWD TURNED UP TO SHOW THEIR APPRECIATION FOR A MAN WHO GAVE HIS LIFE TO AFC.

1 hour ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

Seriously though, there should be some good candidates beyond the normal expectation.

Alec YoungPLAYED IN EVERY LEAGUE MATCH AS THE DONS WON THEIR FIRST EVER LEAGUE CHAMPIONSHIPHE WOULD ALSO GO ONTO WIN THE LEAGUE CUP IN THE FOLLOWING SEASON.

Chris AndersonFORMER PLAYER WHO HELPED TO TRANSFORM THE CLUB AFTER JOINING THE BOARD IN 1967. INSTRUMENTAL IN THE DEVELOPMENT OF THE FIRST ALL COVERED, ALL SEATED GROUND IN BRITISH FOOTBALL.

Joe HarperTHE KING OF THE BEACH END’ IS ABERDEEN’S ALL – TIME LEADING GOAL SCORER. JOE SCORED 199 GOALS IN 300 APPEARANCES AND WON ALL DOMESTIC HONOURS WITH THE CLUB.

Donald ColemanONE OF THE GAMES EARLIEST AND GREATEST INNOVATORS. HE AMASSED 346 APPEARANCES FOR THE DONS AND LATER RETURNED AS A TRAINER. FOLLOWING A TRIP TO NORWAY HE WOULD HELP BRING THE DUGOUT TO THE BRITISH GAME.

Eoin JessMADE 380 APPEARANCES AND 94 GOALS AT PITTODRIE, JESS IS ONE OF THE MOST NATURALLY GIFTED PLAYERS TO EVER PULL ON AN ABERDEEN JERSEY. WINNER OF THREE TROPHIES AND IS THE ONLY ABERDEEN PLAYER TO WIN THE PFA YOUNG PLAYER OF THE YEAR AWARD TWICE.

Teddy ScottSERVED THE DONS THROUGH SIX DECADES IN A NUMBER OF ROLES INCLUDING PLAYER, COACH AND KITMAN. AWARDED A TESTIMONIAL MATCH AGAINST MANCHESTER UNITED IN 1999 WHERE A CAPACITY CROWD TURNED UP TO SHOW THEIR APPRECIATION FOR A MAN WHO GAVE HIS LIFE TO AFC.

Jess could be a shout once he reaches his full potential.

IveSeenTheLight
On 24/08/2019 at 14:49, benny said:

Jess could be a shout once he reaches his full potential.

It was more because as a training complex, naming a training pitch after the only Aberdeen player to win the young or a player of the year seems a worthwhile nod

On 24/08/2019 at 13:47, IveSeenTheLight said:

Sources tell me "The Sheep Pen Arena" is the preferred candidate followed by "The Dolly Dome" 

Stephen Muddie

Ah, the famous Baaracana. Can't wait 'til Aberdeen FINALLY get their medicine for not touching their stadium in 30 years.

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, 1971fozzy said:

chucking in £5m as well I read on BBC.

interesting times for the sheep tbf

Very ****ing annoying considering they've got away with not spending a bean for decades. 

Seymour M Hersh
10 hours ago, J80MBO said:

Why is there a thread about aberdeens new stadium with a poster with the Aberdeen crest on profile on a hearts fans forum?

If you look at the description of the terrace it says for all things HMFC and football in general. I trust this clears things up for you. 

10 hours ago, J80MBO said:

Why is there a thread about aberdeens new stadium with a poster with the Aberdeen crest on profile on a hearts fans forum?

Why not? You are allowed to be a member and not be a Hearts fan.

11 hours ago, J80MBO said:

I actually enjoy having g other teams fans on here, as long as they're not dicks that is.

The poster you're moaning needlessly about, I've seen the light, is alright. Never comes on here to troll people, just lines to talk about football.