Aberdeen's new stadium...

Buffalo Bill

1 minute ago, haveyouheard 22 said:

Red City Aberdeen have a shite support apart fae when the OF are in town, we always get well more than you in other games.. nosh on that sheepy 

Oh I see. So why don't you sell out now then if you're support is so superior? We're averaging 15k you're around 17k. What a massive difference eh? And no we don't sell out for the OF apathy has set in lots don't go as they don't want to assiciate with bigoted scum like them. I actually know this because I go to our OF games.

As for attendances I couldn't really give a sh*t it's the score at the end of the game that matters not how many watched it. Last time I checked it was the result they reported on final score not attendance figures. 

In my whole life I have never used attendance figures as any sort of argument when discussing football. It's actually embarrassing. It's what happens on the park that matters.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• IveSeenTheLight

• Beast Boy

• sadj

• Unknown user

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My half sister

Looking at this from a purely selfish point of view, I enjoy the away day to Aberdeen, I get the train from Stirling, arrive at 1, few beers before hand and train home around 7.

The Pittodrie experience isn't great but being able to walk and have a good choice of pubs, nearby makes up for that.

The new stadium will mean a disruption to this and I don't fancy getting shuttle buses. Can i suggest they put toilets on them.

Might be ok pre match but after the game it could be a nightmare hanging around waiting. There doesn't sound like there will be pubs near the ground so overall the experience will be poorer than the present one.

Hopefully ICT and Ross County come back up before then and that will be the big trip rather than Aberdeen 

Edited by My half sister
Addition

haveyouheard 22
13 minutes ago, RedCity said:

Oh I see. So why don't you sell out now then if you're support is so superior? We're averaging 15k you're around 17k. What a massive difference eh? And no we don't sell out for the OF apathy has set in lots don't go as they don't want to assiciate with bigoted scum like them. I actually know this because I go to our OF games.

As for attendances I couldn't really give a sh*t it's the score at the end of the game that matters not how many watched it. Last time I checked it was the result they reported on final score not attendance figures. 

In my whole life I have never used attendance figures as any sort of argument when discussing football. It's actually embarrassing. It's what happens on the park that matters.

If Tynie held more we would attract more at time doubt you lot would , anyway FTS 

Edited by haveyouheard 22

Just now, haveyouheard 22 said:

If Tynue held more we would attract more at time doubt you lot would , anyway FTS 

Well that makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. If Tynecastle held more you'd attract more?? You can't fill it now though if what you say is true it'd be bursting at the seams every week. But you don't sell out nowhere near. So you're actually talking gibberish.

haveyouheard 22
2 minutes ago, RedCity said:

Well that makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. If Tynecastle held more you'd attract more?? You can't fill it now though if what you say is true it'd be bursting at the seams every week. But you don't sell out nowhere near. So you're actually talking gibberish.

What ever 

Seymour M Hersh
On 29/01/2019 at 22:39, kirkierobroy said:

No team has yet increased attendances by scarpering to a Lego job on a bypass. So why they're insisting on 20,000 capacity...

To be fair that's a decrease on their current capacity.

1 minute ago, haveyouheard 22 said:

What ever 

If that was the case why only 18k Hearts fans when you played us and Rangers at Murrayfield last season then? 

haveyouheard 22
4 minutes ago, RedCity said:

If that was the case why only 18k Hearts fans when you played us and Rangers at Murrayfield last season then? 

I'm old to remember your shite crowds at Hampden when you were on a crest of a wave

lucky if you had 20k in the away end with huge gaps

Red Army

29 minutes ago, RedCity said:

16 minutes ago, RedCity said:

...But you don't sell out nowhere near. So you're actually talking gibberish.

Fancy that. 

Why do folk care so much.We got what we wanted to stay at Tynie with a nice new stand.Aberdeen are going about it in a different way but with the same desired effect.

23 minutes ago, Gizmo said:

Fancy that. 

I was asking the poster to justify what he was saying which didn't add up. He said if Tynecastle was bigger they'd  have more home fans etc etc. It made no sense when it's never full now. That's not exactly rocket science though. 

As for how many fans attend your or others games I don't care it's not my bag to compare club to club attendances as a dick measuring contest. I'll never use that as an argument as it's irrelevant to me. The football on the park is what matters. But if someone says something to me that just doesn't add up I'll ask them to justify it. As I'm sure you would yourself. 

5 minutes ago, RedCity said:

I was asking the poster to justify what he was saying which didn't add up. He said if Tynecastle was bigger they'd  have more home fans etc etc. It made no sense when it's never full now. That's not exactly rocket science though. 

As for how many fans attend your or others games I don't care it's not my bag to compare club to club attendances as a dick measuring contest. I'll never use that as an argument as it's irrelevant to me. The football on the park is what matters. But if someone says something to me that just doesn't add up I'll ask them to justify it. As I'm sure you would yourself. 

Quite a tight knot you’ve tied yourself up in there, min !

I’m sure your nice, new shiny stadium will be decent.

There, all friends !

?

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Potential noose this. 50 million could turn to anything. 

Fear for my hometown team  :(

3 minutes ago, Boab said:

Quite a tight knot you’ve tied yourself up in there, min !

I’m sure your nice, new shiny stadium will be decent.

There, all friends !

?

What knot would that be then mate? I think you'll find it was the Hearts fan who tied himself up in knots by making claims which the stats just did not back up in any way shape or form. 

All i I did was point out the stats which made a complete mockery of his claims. To what his final answer was "Whatever".

But yeah it was me who tied myself up in knots.

7 minutes ago, RedCity said:

What knot would that be then mate? I think you'll find it was the Hearts fan who tied himself up in knots by making claims which the stats just did not back up in any way shape or form. 

All i I did was point out the stats which made a complete mockery of his claims. To what his final answer was "Whatever".

But yeah it was me who tied myself up in knots.

But it’s irrelevant to you, mate. Concentrate on the concrete !

haveyouheard 22

Red Citys a knobber pops on  a Hearts site just because his teams getting a new stadium, he must be fair pleased

As for stats, heres a cracker

SCSF in the 90's at Hampden ,Sat 3pm KO (plenty trains on), not live on Telly.., the sheep end was almost empty..We sold our end without a public sale and asked for your unsold tickets

Red Army 

Edited by haveyouheard 22

50 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

Why do folk care so much.We got what we wanted to stay at Tynie with a nice new stand.Aberdeen are going about it in a different way but with the same desired effect.

Exactly I could not give a flying F what that lot do, to me they are Hibs at the other end of the country... in that respect I hope they go to town spend a F'n king's ransom on their new ground and regret every F'n penny they spent on it! 

Where are all these “shuttle buses” that are only going to be used for a couple of hours,  18/19 times a year going to come from?

1 hour ago, Sir Gio said:

Potential noose this. 50 million could turn to anything. 

Fear for my hometown team  :(

????

20 minutes ago, FWJ said:

Where are all these “shuttle buses” that are only going to be used for a couple of hours,  18/19 times a year going to come from?

They will come from the same mysterious garage where all matchday buses wheel out from, I would imagine :lol:

Unknown user
1 hour ago, RedCity said:

Well of course, but that's because your crowds are shite.

Guys with small dicks rarely use dick size as the measure of a man.

North Berwick Jambo

Good luck to them I hope it works out, the more upgraded stadiums we have in Scotland the better. Hopefully the remaining shite like Fir Park, the Dundee stadiums etc can all be done sooner rather than later! 

Truth is that every team in the league has suffered financially from getting their stadia in order. And many of us further from spending on academies and training centres.

Aberdeen haven't. They just ignored the state of their decrepit dump and used their extra revenue to do better on the pitch, once they finally got a half competent manager in. 

Time to pay the piper. 

Randle P McMurphy
3 hours ago, Smithee said:

Naming rights :laugh:

Worth a thread in it's own right!

The Foos yer Doos arena

Unknown user
27 minutes ago, FWJ said:

That one really will be interesting, I said when plans were unveiled that this was a mental concept. 

4 hours ago, RedCity said:

The proposed stadium cost is around £40m with the training facility costing £11.5m (I believe that figure is now secured). Training facility to be ready late summer.

Sale of Pittodrie, naming rights, further US investment, sale of McKenna money etc will all probably go towards it. Milne and Cormack may contribute more of their own money towards it for vanity and local kudos (Cormack already pumped in several million and a US investor he brought on board put in £1m). The shortfall will be made up via a long term mortgage. Revenue will increase with more corporate facilities etc and running costs should decrease (Pittodrie apparently costs a small fortune to maintain). That's their plan anyway but no plan is ever a perfect one. We'll see what happens. At the moment the training facilities are the most important thing.

And when the US investors want out, which they will, what then? A £50m stadium for a middling (usually) Scottish football club is insanity, almost Romanov level insanity. At the time I appreciated Romanov's ambition but when I sat down and tried to see how it could be paid for... And Romanov's stadium vision was a lot more accessible location wise.

4 minutes ago, Smithee said:

That one really will be interesting, I said when plans were unveiled that this was a mental concept. 

I also think shuttle bussing to a game will get old very quickly.

Unknown user
6 minutes ago, Ibiza Jambo said:

Good luck to them I hope it works out, the more upgraded stadiums we have in Scotland the better. Hopefully the remaining shite like Fir Park, the Dundee stadiums etc can all be done sooner rather than later! 

All rivalry aside it breaks my heart to see the old urban stadiums knocked down.

We got really really lucky and we're still at Tynecastle, but even Tynie makes me a bit sad for losing the old place sometimes. It's just the football romantic in me I suppose. I've visited East Stirling and Falkirk's old grounds (Firs Park hadn't been flattened yet as of last summer, turnstile still present) since we moved back, and I spent a few days trying to find AZ Alkmaar's old ground when I moved there. I'd bring the old death traps back if I could!

20 minutes ago, Ibiza Jambo said:

Would agree if renovating Pittodrie (which they could - Milne is pulling a Pieman by saying they can't), but replacing an inner city stadium with an out of town one is a regressive move IMO.

56 minutes ago, FWJ said:

23 minutes ago, Smithee said:

18 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

I also think shuttle bussing to a game will get old very quickly.

D3FD9F34-DF10-4020-8BC7-21D3DCAA078C.jpeg

50ECE7CE-4F44-4242-A4E7-07446C1F9C82.png

AA1346E0-374D-430C-832A-4ED07F1B8FB6.png

5 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Would agree if renovating Pittodrie (which they could - Milne is pulling a Pieman by saying they can't), but replacing an inner city stadium with an out of town one is a regressive move IMO.

100%. Reckon he wants the land given he owns a construction firm. Pretty shameless move tbh. 

Feel for the dons. Their stadium is steeped in history (Okay, everything Ferguson done and not much else). Destroying all of that rather than making an effort to maintain the fabric of the club is pretty disappointing, okay the facilities might be better but the stadium is right out the town and looks like a flatpack special. 

It doesn't look like they'll feel much benefit for 20, 30 years and even then its not going to win them trophies. 

1 hour ago, FWJ said:

Getting back after the game is the issue. In contrast for example a tram from Murrayfield after game is seemless despite numbers. That is the template to follow. Would mean buses going every minute. 

22 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Getting back after the game is the issue. In contrast for example a tram from Murrayfield after game is seemless despite numbers. That is the template to follow. Would mean buses going every minute. 

Monorail. ?

4 minutes ago, sadj said:

Kate Bush’s Mono Brow????

RAIL!

... Let me hear you say MONO...

3 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

They can't renovate

6 minutes ago, jambali said:

They can't renovate

They can easily renovate. There is enough room if you turn the pitch 

9 hours ago, RedCity said:

The proposed stadium cost is around £40m with the training facility costing £11.5m (I believe that figure is now secured). Training facility to be ready late summer.

Sale of Pittodrie, naming rights, further US investment, sale of McKenna money etc will all probably go towards it. Milne and Cormack may contribute more of their own money towards it for vanity and local kudos (Cormack already pumped in several million and a US investor he brought on board put in £1m). The shortfall will be made up via a long term mortgage. Revenue will increase with more corporate facilities etc and running costs should decrease (Pittodrie apparently costs a small fortune to maintain). That's their plan anyway but no plan is ever a perfect one. We'll see what happens. At the moment the training facilities are the most important thing.

I think its great that fans of other clubs can come on here and add to the thread. It really adds to the discussion and offers more direct knowledge (since we're all pretty focused on our teams).

With Aberdeen moving out of the city do you not think that will potentially lower the corporate facilities value (and therefore the revenue that would bring)? Obviously, with Pittodrie being in the city there are bars and restaurants near by so conferences/ Meetings and other corporate get togethers can have their meeting or whatever and then go for drinks etc locally. Kingswell is quite out the way and would require transport to go to and from. Are there competing facilities within Aberdeen which could impact this?

From the outside looking in, this looks like a massive mistake and I can't help but question if Milnes motives are pure in wanting Aberdeen as a club to grow and prosper, or if he just wants the land to develop. If Hearts were to be taking on a debt of over £40m I'd damn well expect us to be staying at our historical home for that figure. 

Just as a side note, I quite like the design of the Richard Donald stand. It only dawned on me recently how bloody big the thing is. 

22 minutes ago, OTT said:

I think its great that fans of other clubs can come on here and add to the thread. It really adds to the discussion and offers more direct knowledge (since we're all pretty focused on our teams).

With Aberdeen moving out of the city do you not think that will potentially lower the corporate facilities value (and therefore the revenue that would bring)? Obviously, with Pittodrie being in the city there are bars and restaurants near by so conferences/ Meetings and other corporate get togethers can have their meeting or whatever and then go for drinks etc locally. Kingswell is quite out the way and would require transport to go to and from. Are there competing facilities within Aberdeen which could impact this?

From the outside looking in, this looks like a massive mistake and I can't help but question if Milnes motives are pure in wanting Aberdeen as a club to grow and prosper, or if he just wants the land to develop. If Hearts were to be taking on a debt of over £40m I'd damn well expect us to be staying at our historical home for that figure. 

Just as a side note, I quite like the design of the Richard Donald stand. It only dawned on me recently how bloody big the thing is. 

Prime four holds a few big oil companies and theres more in westhill walking distance from the new ground. Theres a lot of corporate facilities already though between hotels and the new conference centre which is not far with the awpr so it is a gamble.

fabienleclerq
13 hours ago, RedCity said:

Surely this goes against the point you were trying to make? 18k home fans is more than normal.

Cory McNamara
20 hours ago, RedCity said:

Who said it was bigger? Think Pittodrie holds around 21k ish. Overall revenue for the new stadium projects to be far bigger though with much more corporate facilities and community use of the facilities etc.

Ok, good luck with new installations and against blue shirts.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Causing difficulty for motorists this morning as they dig close to the A944.

*******s 

• 3 months later...