Aberdeen's new stadium...

Buffalo Bill

Just now, The Treasurer said:

If what you say is true, why did your club vote with to keep things as they were when the clubs had a chance to make significant change.

Truth is you are no different from the Kilmarnocks and St Mirrens when it comes to bowing to the arse cheeks

I agree. Those that run both of our clubs are a massive part of the problem. 

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• IveSeenTheLight

• Beast Boy

• sadj

• Unknown user

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just now, Nookie Bear said:

In fairness, this new stadium guarantees nothing except increased expectations.

I totally agree. It guarantees nothing. But the new training facilities should help with youth development and player recruitment. We had to do something Pittodrie is a shit hole. It's good that Hearts did something in building a nice new modern stand which will increase revenue. 

The Treasurer
13 minutes ago, RedCity said:

I agree. Those that run both of our clubs are a massive part of the problem. 

Our club voted for change, your's chose to keep thing as they were.

Hearts owners (both past and present) have their faults, but hiding behind the OF comfort blanket is not one of them.

3 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

Oddly enough heard yesterday 2024 is a realistic target if they get funding. 

First phase cost 10 million and there was a shortfall a wee while ago. Perhaps solved. 

A whole new stadium is a significant stretch but we shall see 

Was unfortunate enough to be stuck with a bunch of Aberdeen fans on Sunday not one has any interest in going to Westhill. Amuses me some say Kingswells when its right on the edge of Westhill. Already have foundations down for some bits so obviously weren’t bothered by the court case.

Was your info from your usual source if so would seem a good bet. Their progress is slow so the shortfall would make sense. 

Hopefully this overruns and is over budget and sends them plummeting down the leagues.

5 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

Our club voted for change, your's chose to keep thing as they were.

Hearts owners (both past and present) have their faults, but hiding behind the OF comfort blanket is not one of them.

Yip Stewart Milne is a big part of the problem. He voted no doubt with his own business interest outside of football in mind. But he's not exactly the most popular AFC chairman there has ever been with his "A strong Rangers is good for Scottish football" shite. 

The fans are the only ones who can ever really try and force change. It'll never happen though. 

My initial post was was aimed at all non old firm clubs including the one I support which I accept are one of the worst culprits when it comes to the current status quo.

doctor jambo
2 minutes ago, RedCity said:

Yip Stewart Milne is a big part of the problem. He voted no doubt with his own business interest outside of football in mind. But he's not exactly the most popular AFC chairman there has ever been with his "A strong Rangers is good for Scottish football" shite. 

The fans are the only ones who can ever really try and force change. It'll never happen though. 

My initial post was was aimed at all non old firm clubs including the one I support which I accept are one of the worst culprits when it comes to the current status quo.

I think the move is an error.

I really like Pittodrie- its location, the seagulls, the Broadhill bar.

I used to live on the junction between Pittodrie street and King street and the sentimental attachment to the ground is strong ( used to work in catering at the ground)

One of my favourite away days.

Moving to a soulless out of town bowls could have a serious impact

Lord Beni of Gorgie
15 minutes ago, sadj said:

Was unfortunate enough to be stuck with a bunch of Aberdeen fans on Sunday not one has any interest in going to Westhill. Amuses me some say Kingswells when its right on the edge of Westhill. Already have foundations down for some bits so obviously weren’t bothered by the court case.

Was your info from your usual source if so would seem a good bet. Their progress is slow so the shortfall would make sense. 

I think it's fairly common knowledge funding is going to be very difficult. Even with a favourable return on Pittodrie. 

Training hub is an expense the stadium a massive leap. Nothing going to happen quickly from my separate sources. Unless a serious benefactor appears with anything up to 30 million in loose change and that could be conservative 

1 minute ago, Sir Gio said:

I think it's fairly common knowledge funding is going to be very difficult. Even with a favourable return on Pittodrie. 

Training hub is an expense the stadium a massive leap. Nothing going to happen quickly from my separate sources. Unless a serious benefactor appears with anything up to 30 million in loose change and that could be conservative 

I still don’t understand why they didnt tie up with asv they use it anyway ? Not like its only 2/300 yards from Pittodrie

Just now, doctor jambo said:

I think the move is an error.

I really like Pittodrie- its location, the seagulls, the Broadhill bar.

I used to live on the junction between Pittodrie street and King street and the sentimental attachment to the ground is strong ( used to work in catering at the ground)

One of my favourite away days.

Moving to a soulless out of town bowls could have a serious impact

Moving is always a risk but AFC have looked ahead with this. They know the area of land between Kingswells and Westhill will all evebtually be developed on (there are plans to expand Prime 4 with retail etc).

People will moan but at the end of the day most folk that go to the fitba these days drive certainly in Aberdeen they do. Car parking areas will pop up near the ground once it's actually built. Real football fans will always go and watch their club. They will moan about things but they'll still go. AWPR makes it far easier for away fans and fans from the Shire too.

The Treasurer
18 minutes ago, RedCity said:

Fair enough

The Treasurer
6 minutes ago, RedCity said:

Moving is always a risk but AFC have looked ahead with this. They know the area of land between Kingswells and Westhill will all evebtually be developed on (there are plans to expand Prime 4 with retail etc).

People will moan but at the end of the day most folk that go to the fitba these days drive certainly in Aberdeen they do. Car parking areas will pop up near the ground once it's actually built. Real football fans will always go and watch their club. They will moan about things but they'll still go. AWPR makes it far easier for away fans and fans from the Shire too.

Genuine question

How are they planning to get fans from the city centre to this new ground, bearing in mind a lot of away fans travel by train to Aberdeen.

Could be fun and games especially when your pretend "rivals" sevco are in town

6 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

Genuine question

How are they planning to get fans from the city centre to this new ground, bearing in mind a lot of away fans travel by train to Aberdeen.

This is something I don’t get either. Places like soul supporting it yet by taking people out the city centre your pulling trade away from these places. Aberdeen city centre is already struggling. Weeknight games at the new stadium how will you provide transport links that allow away fans to even attend? There is a lot of holes in the plans which having gone through the Pieman times we as Hearts fans would be concerned about and a lot of Aberdeen fans answers seem to be its in hand. It also isn’t a quick journey from the train station to Westhill even with the bypass that road is still busy.

@RedCity doesn’t seem so far as deluded as some others on here though

Edited by sadj

I agree the transport issue is an area of concern. The current plan of shuttle buses for me won't stack up long term but I think the club know that and out that in to get by planning regs etc. 

For away fans travelling by bus its much easier than going to Pittodrie travelling by train not so good as it's not walking distance from the station the way Pittodrie is.  

Home fans will mostly travel by car but most do now anyway. Pubs in town already saying they will lay on buses do they don't lose trade. Need to see how it all pans out no plan is ever a perfect one and no-one can see into the future. 

To be honest I think the stadium is probably still at least 5 years away from before it's built and ready. New training facilities will be ready by late summer. At the moment that's the most important thing.

1 hour ago, RedCity said:

Ok I'll put that to the test.

There is an (admittedly remote) possibility of an Aberdeen vs Hibernian Scottish Cup Final this season. Going by your words you'd want Hibs to win that particular game then?

I operate a sliding scale of revulsion, personally. As much as I detest 'The Dandies', they are still a few levels above the shite.

2 minutes ago, RedCity said:

I agree the transport issue is an area of concern. The current plan of shuttle buses for me won't stack up long term but I think the club know that and out that in to get by planning regs etc. 

For away fans travelling by bus its much easier than going to Pittodrie travelling by train not so good as it's not walking distance from the station the way Pittodrie is.  

Home fans will mostly travel by car but most do now anyway. Pubs in town already saying they will lay on buses do they don't lose trade. Need to see how it all pans out no plan is ever a perfect one and no-one can see into the future. 

To be honest I think the stadium is probably still at least 5 years away from before it's built and ready. New training facilities will be ready by late summer. At the moment that's the most important thing.

Why not tie up with state of the arts facilities at asv and rebuild pittodrie. Theres room to turn the pitch. I know the facilities in pittodrie are shit but the stand would need rebuilt if turning the pitch anyway. That to me just smacks of Milne’s greed

15 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

Genuine question

Lyle_Lanley.png

4 minutes ago, sadj said:

Why not tie up with state of the arts facilities at asv and rebuild pittodrie. Theres room to turn the pitch. I know the facilities in pittodrie are shit but the stand would need rebuilt if turning the pitch anyway. That to me just smacks of Milne’s greed

The ship sailed on that one as soon as the land behind the south stand was bought and the new flats were built. 

Milne has been determined to move to a new stadium ever since he became chairman. The man is a twat. Thankfully he is now surrounded by competent people in the boardroom. 

Just now, RedCity said:

The ship sailed on that one as soon as the land behind the south stand was bought and the new flats were built. 

Milne has been determined to move to a new stadium ever since he became chairman. The man is a twat. Thankfully he is now surrounded by competent people in the boardroom. 

It didn’t though , would require a bit of work but there is room imo. 

Can’t argue that bit. He claims all the praise yet he’s to blame for a lot of the bad. I think doing what they have during a period if relative sustained performance / success is probably the reason there isn’t as much shouting 

9 minutes ago, sadj said:

It didn’t though , would require a bit of work but there is room imo. 

Can’t argue that bit. He claims all the praise yet he’s to blame for a lot of the bad. I think doing what they have during a period if relative sustained performance / success is probably the reason there isn’t as much shouting 

Yeah you're probably right. Most fans preference was for Pittodrie to be renovated but Milne never wanted that and he got his way. It is what it is. The new stadium will be all shiny and modern when it's eventually built but was it the best thing for the club? I guess time will tell on that one.

1 minute ago, RedCity said:

Yeah you're probably right. Most fans preference was for Pittodrie to be renovated but Milne never wanted that and he got his way. It is what it is. The new stadium will be all shiny and modern when it's eventually built but was it the best thing for the club? I guess time will tell on that one.

It is a bold move.

So good luck. 

doctor jambo
9 minutes ago, kila said:

Good investment but think the stadium design is a bit shan

its utter insanity.

tens of millions that will never be recouped by increased turnover.

They would need thousands of extra fans per season to make it  worthwhile.

Its not going to happen.

9 minutes ago, kila said:

Good investment but think the stadium design is a bit shan

I don't think the design has been finalised yet. 

1 minute ago, doctor jambo said:

its utter insanity.

tens of millions that will never be recouped by increased turnover.

They would need thousands of extra fans per season to make it  worthwhile.

Its not going to happen.

The proposed stadium cost is around £40m with the training facility costing £11.5m (I believe that figure is now secured). Training facility to be ready late summer.

Sale of Pittodrie, naming rights, further US investment, sale of McKenna money etc will all probably go towards it. Milne and Cormack may contribute more of their own money towards it for vanity and local kudos (Cormack already pumped in several million and a US investor he brought on board put in £1m). The shortfall will be made up via a long term mortgage. Revenue will increase with more corporate facilities etc and running costs should decrease (Pittodrie apparently costs a small fortune to maintain). That's their plan anyway but no plan is ever a perfect one. We'll see what happens. At the moment the training facilities are the most important thing.

12 minutes ago, RedCity said:

I don't think the design has been finalised yet. 

No, I’m quite sure it won’t have been. :rofl:

Need to think about all kinds of things, like the monorail platform and suchlike. 

Edited by Glib and Shameless Crier

I think Hibs are probably a slightly better example to use as a comparison here. A couple of years ago their benefactor has to go to the bank and offer them peanuts for payment now deal on the mortgage for their last couple of stands and training barn. Basically they could not afford the debt. I think that was for an outstanding sum of about £8m.

So, this stadium is initially proposed to cost £50m, aye? 

I will I’ll be watching this unfold with morbid curiosity. 

4 minutes ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

No, I’m quite sure it won’t have been. :rofl:

Need to think about all kinds of things, like the monorail platform and suchlike. 

Ach there's too many fat *******s in the Aberdeen support these days anyway. It's time they started walking further to get to the games this new stadium will be great for their long term health.

Ach there's too many fat *******s in the Aberdeen support these days anyway. It's time they started walking further to get to the games this new stadium will be great for their long term health.

Although, you must concede there is a reasonable chance it won’t be good for the health of the club? ?

1 minute ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

I think Hibs are probably a slightly better example to use as a comparison here. A couple of years ago their benefactor has to go to the bank and offer them peanuts for payment now deal on the mortgage for their last couple of stands and training barn. Basically they could not afford the debt. I think that was for an outstanding sum of about £8m.

So, this stadium is initially proposed to cost £50m, aye? 

I will I’ll be watching this unfold with morbid curiosity. 

No £40m the £50m includes the training facility which the money is already secured for. Costs could overrun though that has to be factored in.

Remember we will get several million for the sale of Pittodrie (most estimate around £15m though the club think they'll get £18m). Dave Cormack hopes to use his contacts in America for further investment once the stadium got the full go ahead which it appears to have now.

Naming rights and sale of McKenna will all go towards it. Probably sell Ferguson for a few million too in a couple of seasons time. Cormack and Milne are very rich men they will likely put something extra into it for vanity alone. You could still be looking at a long term mortgage of around £15m. Who knows. As I've said we can't see into the future people who are far better qualified than you or I will have already done the sums.

No £40m the £50m includes the training facility which the money is already secured for. Costs could overrun though that has to be factored in.

Remember we will get several million for the sale of Pittodrie (most estimate around £15m though the club think they'll get £18m). Dave Cormack hopes to use his contacts in America for further investment once the stadium got the full go ahead which it appears to have now.

Naming rights and sale of McKenna will all go towards it. Probably sell Ferguson for a few million too in a couple of seasons time. Cormack and Milne are very rich men they will likely put something extra into it for vanity alone. You could still be looking at a long term mortgage of around £15m. Who knows. As I've said we can't see into the future people who are far better qualified than you or I will have already done the sums.

I dunno, mate... sounds like it’s dependent on an awful lot of what ifs and maybes to me. Fair play though, I don’t read many dissenting voices from an AFC support source, so they must have done enough to convince you all that this is a safe and sensible move. 

See this American investment, what would that look like to them? What do they get out of part funding this? It reads to me as if there’s a chance they will own part of it, and AFC may be more tenant than owner of that happens. Could be way off the mark of course, but generally investment means there is a tangible reward or pay out after the money has been put in.

2 hours ago, RedCity said:

. Aberdeen and Hearts are two of Scotland's five biggest clubs yet Aberdeen have won a mere 1 major trophy in the last 23 years and Hearts have only won 3 in the last 56 years.

Or to put it another less biased way we have won 3 trophies in the last 21 years. 

3 minutes ago, Tazio said:

Or to put it another less biased way we have won 3 trophies in the last 21 years. 

The figures I put up highlighted the difference between the old firm and the rest that has virtually always been there. It was to show how ridiculously one sided the game is up here. 

4 minutes ago, Cory McNamara said:

The new stadium will hold 20000 spectators; how is that bigger than the current one?

maxresdefault.jpg

Who said it was bigger? Think Pittodrie holds around 21k ish. Overall revenue for the new stadium projects to be far bigger though with much more corporate facilities and community use of the facilities etc.

15 minutes ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

I dunno, mate... sounds like it’s dependent on an awful lot of what ifs and maybes to me. Fair play though, I don’t read many dissenting voices from an AFC support source, so they must have done enough to convince you all that this is a safe and sensible move. 

See this American investment, what would that look like to them? What do they get out of part funding this? It reads to me as if there’s a chance they will own part of it, and AFC may be more tenant than owner of that happens. Could be way off the mark of course, but generally investment means there is a tangible reward or pay out after the money has been put in.

With the American investment I couldn't honestly say mate. Cormack made his name over there and obviously has a lot of rich business contacts in the US. He's already had a 7 figure investment from one US associate. But if there is further investment from that side of the pond who knows as you allude to they will be looking for something out of any investment they make unlike Cormack who is a fan and has donated millions of his own money without ever wanting it back.

Ricardo Shillyshally
30 minutes ago, RedCity said:

So best case scenario a debt of £15m.

That will weigh down AFC for years to come.

Clever people get their sums wrong too btw. SDM, uncle Vlad, RBS, Carillon etc etc 

Edited by Ricardo Shillyshally

The Old Tolbooth
4 minutes ago, Ricardo Shillyshally said:

That will way down AFC for years to come.

Clever people get their sums wrong too btw. SDM, uncle Vlad, RBS, Carillon etc etc 

Anne Budge ?

2 minutes ago, Ricardo Shillyshally said:

That will way down AFC for years to come.

Im well aware of that that's why I've said who knows no guarantees with anything. £15m is a figure I've plucked out the air could be more could be less I'm not privvy it the information those that are involved in the project are.

I'm sure if they felt it would bankrupt the club they wouldn't do it. They will have what they feel are sound plans. But as I said on here earlier plans don't always go the way they should. We'll need to wait and see the stadium is in my opinion a few years away yet.

haveyouheard 22

If aberdeen get debt with the new ground so what they should be more concerned about there shite support 

Ricardo Shillyshally
Just now, RedCity said:

Im well aware of that that's why I've said who knows no guarantees with anything. £15m is a figure I've plucked out the air could be more could be less I'm not privvy it the information those that are involved in the project are.

I'm sure if they felt it would bankrupt the club they wouldn't do it. They will have what they feel are sound plans. But as I said on here earlier plans don't always go the way they should. We'll need to wait and see the stadium is in my opinion a few years away yet.

RedCity. On the charge of wishful thinking, you have been found guilty as charged.

You are hereby sentenced to 25 years season ticket holding at an out of town souless white elephant.

58 minutes ago, RedCity said:

The proposed stadium cost is around £40m with the training facility costing £11.5m (I believe that figure is now secured). Training facility to be ready late summer.

Sale of Pittodrie, naming rights, further US investment, sale of McKenna money etc will all probably go towards it. Milne and Cormack may contribute more of their own money towards it for vanity and local kudos (Cormack already pumped in several million and a US investor he brought on board put in £1m). The shortfall will be made up via a long term mortgage. Revenue will increase with more corporate facilities etc and running costs should decrease (Pittodrie apparently costs a small fortune to maintain). That's their plan anyway but no plan is ever a perfect one. We'll see what happens. At the moment the training facilities are the most important thing.

Pittodries maintenance and running costs will def be high its shocking inside. We were told that about Tynecastle by the pieman though its possibly why many feel its not all as it seems from Milne etc

6 minutes ago, haveyouheard 22 said:

If aberdeen get debt with the new ground so what they should be more concerned about there shite support 

Only two clubs in Scotland have what you'd call a huge support mate. The rest of them can't fill their grounds even when the OF come to town. So can't really see where you're coming from. Our support is shite compared to the OF. Goes for all Scottish non OF teams though.

haveyouheard 22

Red City Aberdeen have a shite support apart fae when the OF are in town, we always get well more than you in other games.. nosh on that sheepy