Aberdeen's new stadium...

Buffalo Bill

Captain America
2 hours ago, La_Leyenda said:

Video of the stadium and training facilities here (for those interested).

May have been answered earlier in the thread

But what is the link with the Disney Princess?

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• IveSeenTheLight

• Beast Boy

• sadj

• Unknown user

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

39 minutes ago, C-3PO said:

May have been answered earlier in the thread

But what is the link with the Disney Princess?

Hoping you're not serious here!

2 hours ago, vegas-voss said:

Basically if your successful and match day experience is good they will go.Pretty much like it is for other clubs and 7.5m out of the city is it really that bad.I don't know what traffic is like up there but it's like a 10 or 15 mins drive here.

It can be anything from a 15/20 min drive upto 45/60mins at times. One flake of snow it might take 24 hours?. How much if any times are cut by when the roadworks are finished are anyones guess. 

3 hours ago, La_Leyenda said:

I agree on Loirston, and if somehow that was reignited I'd be all for it.

But I just don't accept Kingsford will be a disaster. When I hear things like "fans will go initially then stop once the novelty wears off" - that's not really what happens and certainly isn't what has happened to other new builds. What happens is fans adjust - they might go by shuttle bus, find it a pain in the arse, and instead go by car. They might do the opppsite - might avoid the shuttle bus, find parking a nightmare, go by bus and realise it wasn't as bad as they first feared. They may decide instead of heading to the city centre after a game to go somewhere in Westhill then get the a bus later when the roads are quieter. But you don't stop supporting your team because it's a little trickier to get to Kingsford than Pittodrie.

It's going to be a disaster for you guys, your going to need to have a seriously great team to entice fans to spend 40 minute shuttle each way every second Saturday, alternative drive and spend 2hours waiting to get out a car park and then still crawl back into Aberdeen or elsewhere.  Very short sighted plan and don't believe its taking into consideration future generations, the generation coming through expects everything to be made easy for them, Aberdeen are doing the complete opposite moving a stadium to the middle of nowhere and in 10 years time your attendances will be awful in some sterile modern stadium.

Shanks said no
3 hours ago, vegas-voss said:

Basically if your successful and match day experience is good they will go.Pretty much like it is for other clubs and 7.5m out of the city is it really that bad.I don't know what traffic is like up there but it's like a 10 or 15 mins drive here.

Its the equivalent to us moving to Ratho, the only time you could do it in 10-15 minutes is at 3am.

Edited by The Frenchman Returns

been here before

Pittodrie itself ensures that what shoupd be one of the best away days ends up being one of the crappest. A depressing ground with a piss poor view and piss poor facilities.

crichiejambos
4 hours ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

That's not how I heard it.

Aberdeenshire have a say as conditions have been applied such as the CPZ zone and the footbridge / underpass.

If Aberdeenshire choose not to process these, then the applicant can go back to planning to request an amendment on the condition or even removal.

I think the CPZ is an easy one, if Aberdeenshire do not agree to impliment, then its a free for all access on parking.

The A944 cross over is the more firm condition that will be troublesome to get past, but if Aberdeen are willing to pay for it, it could go to the Scottish ministers who could overrule Aberdeenshire to get the investment approval

What happens if the mob that are against the stadium do what they say they are gonna do and take it to court the build will take forever and they drag it out? 

kingantti1874
5 hours ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

We always have done

Yet when you played us the attendance quoted was nowhere near accurate.. 

ToadKiller Dog

Just seen an interview with Stewart Milne has he been ill, or just likes the drink? Doesn't look well. 

Step forward for the sheep but they will have to find away to get the locals onside as they ain't going away. 

IveSeenTheLight
3 hours ago, crichiejambos said:

What happens if the mob that are against the stadium do what they say they are gonna do and take it to court the build will take forever and they drag it out? 

I guess first of all, we’ll see if they have the funds to appeal.

I did see that SevCo fans are trying to rally and boost their funds.

not sure on timing, but I understand that it would go to Scottish ministers who surely will be for private investment.

IveSeenTheLight
1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

Thats just a blinkered, one sided viewpoint.

Filled with argument points which failed to convince the planners and the councillors 

13 minutes ago, Tazio said:

For some reason as I read this thread the expression "snide little dick" keeps popping into my mind.

????

23 minutes ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

Thats just a blinkered, one sided viewpoint.

Filled with argument points which failed to convince the planners and the councillors 

So the same as your view but from the other side??. 

When I was watching the Thirds doc there was a line said when Bill Hiddleson took over and it seemed awful apt at this moment. 

I hope it works but there is so many holes and after your “we have the funding in place for phase one” Milne today said 60% of it is in place. 

IveSeenTheLight
13 minutes ago, sadj said:

So the same as your view but from the other side??. 

When I was watching the Thirds doc there was a line said when Bill Hiddleson took over and it seemed awful apt at this moment. 

I hope it works but there is so many holes and after your “we have the funding in place for phase one” Milne today said 60% of it is in place. 

You may like to think I have a blinkered view, but actually, I am capable of considering the risks and debate points put forward against the opportunity and evaluate accordingly.

Fortunately the planners and the counsellors are in agreement with my choice.

I mean, some of the No Kingsford arguments were atrocious, not less the Terrorist risk of someone attempting to blow up underground pipelines. I mean really......

Lets be honest Pittodrie is a dump so a shiny new stadium is a must for the sheep. In saying that though Westhill is miles out of town and no places for travelling fans to get a bite and beer close by to the new ground. The crowds may go up in the first 5 years but I seriously believe they will tail off after that.  It does look impressive though. Surprised they didn't try and build it bigger though.

IveSeenTheLight
3 minutes ago, Gorillajam said:

Lets be honest Pittodrie is a dump so a shiny new stadium is a must for the sheep. In saying that though Westhill is miles out of town and no places for travelling fans to get a bite and beer close by to the new ground. The crowds may go up in the first 5 years but I seriously believe they will tail off after that.  It does look impressive though. Surprised they didn't try and build it bigger though.

There are a number of options to eat and drink before.

Id expect more options to spring up as well over the years.

no need for it to be bigger. 20k is probably the right size.

24 minutes ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

You may like to think I have a blinkered view, but actually, I am capable of considering the risks and debate points put forward against the opportunity and evaluate accordingly.

Fortunately the planners and the counsellors are in agreement with my choice.

I mean, some of the No Kingsford arguments were atrocious, not less the Terrorist risk of someone attempting to blow up underground pipelines. I mean really......

So what are the valid points for and against as far as your concerned in a summation , also the points behind not redeveloping Pittodrie , having the facilities beside a new stadium and my point about you telling us funding for stage one was in place and Milne now saying its only 60% there?

4 minutes ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

Number of options , a chippy , holiday inn (both what 10-15 mins walk , broadstraik say 20-25 mins , tesco and.....? 

Do you think you’ll fill 20k?

Edited by sadj

IveSeenTheLight
5 minutes ago, sadj said:

Number of options , a chippy , holiday inn (both what 10-15 mins walk , broadstraik say 20-25 mins , tesco and.....? 

Do you think you’ll fill 20k?

There are a number of options more than that.

Lasan, Shepherds Rest, Yan, Luigis, Eating Inn, Premier Inn, Garlogie Inn etc.

Where do you eat around Pittodrie?

As for attendances, I expect a similar average crowd as now, approx 16.5k so far this year.

So we need a 20k capacity.

J.T.F.Robertson

I honestly don't get the aggro about this.

Were it us we'd be all for it, just as they naturally are, leave them to it and if it works, good luck to them. It's Aberdeen ffs, not the "twins".

I can think of a lot more for us to be concerned about.

5 hours ago, Jambo92 said:

It's going to be a disaster for you guys, your going to need to have a seriously great team to entice fans to spend 40 minute shuttle each way every second Saturday, alternative drive and spend 2hours waiting to get out a car park and then still crawl back into Aberdeen or elsewhere. 

First of all, it doesn't take 2 hours to empty a car park with 1300 vehicles.

It takes Bayern Munich 3 hours to empty theirs, but that holds 9,800 vehicles, and there's generally a crowd of 75,000 spilling out. 

Secondly, this "40 minute shuttle buses." It *might* take that long getting from Kingford to Union street after a game. But, only a minority will be using these buses, and then maybe only half of that will actually be going to union street. Others will be going to other areas, not all the buses are leaving from or going to the same place. It certainly won't take anywhere near 40 minutes to get to Dyce park and ride for example - down the new bypass it'll be 10-15 minutes.

You're basically looking at worst case scenarios. For many, Kingsford will be a quicker and easier trip. For most, it'll be no more hassle, or a minimal hassle, than going to Pittodrie. 

For me and the mates I go with. At the moment we all meet at someone's house near great northern road. If it's a decent day we'll walk to Pittodrie (about 45 minutes). If it's cold we'll drive to george street, maybe 15 minute walk from there (we could park closer but we tend to avoid the traffic if we park there so it's an easier drive back.) After a game with walk and traffic it's 30 mins give or take from stadium back to friends house. 

At Kingsford, we've already worked out we'll take turns driving. According to google it's 12-15 mins to Kingswells P&R, and that doesn't take into account there will soon be a big bypass leading straight to it. From there it's a 25 minute walk to stadium (with a bar on the way) or 5 mins on the shuttle bus. After a game I reckon we'll be from stadium to house in maybe 40 minutes. 

It's a change of routine, that's all. I highly doubt that extra 10 mins will put any of us off, especially when the stadium we're going to will be a lot better than Pittodrie.

4 hours ago, crichiejambos said:

They can't appeal the decision. They can raise funds (they need 60 grand they say) for a judicial review which will look at whether the council followed the correct process in coming to a decision. It may take up to 18 months. But, seems a waste of money to me. They can argue things like it went against greenbelt policy, the local development plan, but it's all clutching at straws.

Edited by La_Leyenda

16 minutes ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

Pah! Living in a sheep dreamland if you think this will work. The stadium looks great but you soon won't be able to afford the maintenance of the new toy.

IveSeenTheLight
12 minutes ago, sadj said:

So what are the valid points for and against as far as your concerned in a summation , also the points behind not redeveloping Pittodrie , having the facilities beside a new stadium and my point about you telling us funding for stage one was in place and Milne now saying its only 60% there?

Far too much to summarise at this time of a morning.

As for funding, I knew there was £6M already in place and thought this was the phase 1 funding requirements.

As they increased the anticipated costs from £40M to £50M, the phase 1 obviously increased to £10M.

Funding was always going to be a tougher task to achieve with no approved plans in place.

We should start to see more movement on this in the coming months.

IveSeenTheLight

Pah! Living in a sheep dreamland if you think this will work. The stadium looks great but you soon won't be able to afford the maintenance of the new toy.

Thats your opinion and your entitled to it.

It may be worth seeing what the final costs and debt (if any) are retained.

5 minutes ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

Thats your opinion and your entitled to it.

It may be worth seeing what the final costs and debt (if any) are retained.

I do wish though that we had a brand new stadium. I think (I await pelters) that even Hibs stadium is better than ours. Yours looks great but the proof is once (if) it is built.

Edited by Gorillajam

7 minutes ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

There are a number of options more than that.

Lasan, Shepherds Rest, Yan, Luigis, Eating Inn, Premier Inn, Garlogie Inn etc.

Where do you eat around Pittodrie?

As for attendances, I expect a similar average crowd as now, approx 16.5k so far this year.

So we need a 20k capacity.

How many of them do you have to drive too? Or are walking distance to the ground ala union street to pittodrie or the beach to pittodrie? 

Eating wise i cant comment due to my diet.

Support wise in its present form I just can’t see it long term with the faurweather support you have. St Mirren was awful , donmt know the Killie support and I know you said 88% or something drive to games but it seems crazy. But then I don’t trust Milne from dealings with him either so it could be I am more likely to disbelieve his crap

10 minutes ago, J.T.F.Robertson said:

I honestly don't get the aggro about this.

Were it us we'd be all for it, just as they naturally are, leave them to it and if it works, good luck to them. It's Aberdeen ffs, not the "twins".

I can think of a lot more for us to be concerned about.

Like what?

I live up here and so it indirectly affects me as my wee boy lives out that way and my sister and husband and their kids also do. From a football point of view I know a lot of Aberdeen fans who are not happy about this and believe Milne is at it. Our two resident sheep have a different opinion so i find it an interesting topic. In saying that the objectiveness is often missing in answers which is understandable

I do wish though that we had a brand new stadium. I think (I await pelters) that even Hibs stadium is better than ours. Yours looks great but the proof is once (if) it is built.

Justify the Lego stadium being better than what we have?

Just now, sadj said:

Justify the Lego stadium being better than what we have?

They have a larger capacity, you can see from all angles of the stadium and they didn't screw up their main stand like we did.

1 minute ago, Gorillajam said:

They have a larger capacity, you can see from all angles of the stadium and they didn't screw up their main stand like we did.

How have we screwed up out main stand? What angles can’t you see from at Tynie?

the larger capacity is neither here nor there in the grand scheme of things when you look at historical average attendances

Edited by sadj

IveSeenTheLight
3 minutes ago, sadj said:

How many of them do you have to drive too? Or are walking distance to the ground ala union street to pittodrie or the beach to pittodrie? 

Eating wise i cant comment due to my diet.

Support wise in its present form I just can’t see it long term with the faurweather support you have. St Mirren was awful , donmt know the Killie support and I know you said 88% or something drive to games but it seems crazy. But then I don’t trust Milne from dealings with him either so it could be I am more likely to disbelieve his crap

Come on now, your throwing in argument points and then backtracking once answered.

Even with special dietary requirements, you can get good food in a number of establishments.

so you don’t state where you eat when going to Pittodrie, I don’t know why you brought up eating options if you can’t discuss.

As for attendances, cup games are always lower attendances, happens to you guys too.

Just short of 10k for a lunchtime game that’s on TV is decent enough. There would have been more at a more traditional time and not on TV.

Killie was just short of 14k.

5 minutes ago, sadj said:

How have we screwed up out main stand? What angles can’t you see from at Tynie?

the larger capacity is neither here nor there in the grand scheme of things when you look at historical average attendances

Where are the executive/corporate boxes. Capacity means more money in gate receipts, food and drink, programmes, etc. We had to take out part of the new stand to allow TV.

Just now, IveSeenTheLight said:

Come on now, your throwing in argument points and then backtracking once answered.

Even with special dietary requirements, you can get good food in a number of establishments.

so you don’t state where you eat when going to Pittodrie, I don’t know why you brought up eating options if you can’t discuss.

As for attendances, cup games are always lower attendances, happens to you guys too.

Just short of 10k for a lunchtime game that’s on TV is decent enough. There would have been more at a more traditional time and not on TV.

Killie was just short of 14k.

You ignored my question and iv no idea what you think i backtracked on. When im at work I take a packet of cashews , a couple protein bars and a bottle of eggs whites. Thats not really doable going to the football so i wouldn’t be eating. Now , you’ve made me spund like a pompous gym going ass can you answer the question??. For instance are you going to walk from the Garlogie Inn to Kingsford as you would say TGIs to Pittodrie? My personal eating habits do not reflect 99.9% of the people going to games but the subject is relevant to them. There is a lot of holes in the project and thats why a lot of the Aberdeen fams I know are not convinced by Milnes spin on things. 

J.T.F.Robertson
11 minutes ago, sadj said:

Like what?

I live up here and so it indirectly affects me as my wee boy lives out that way and my sister and husband and their kids also do. From a football point of view I know a lot of Aberdeen fans who are not happy about this and believe Milne is at it. Our two resident sheep have a different opinion so i find it an interesting topic. In saying that the objectiveness is often missing in answers which is understandable

9 minutes ago, Gorillajam said:

Just don't get the angst over it, more important issues from our perspective. OK, you live up there and are better positioned to comment, I was only saying from a personal viewpoint.

We have not "screwed up" the stand! Oi thinks you are at it.

A lot of posters on this thread seem to be behaving like Hibs fans with their comments. Dwindling crowds, cancelled DDs, racking up debt and all the other shite they spout.

Aberdeen will get their new stadium eventually and they'll be fine. Their crowds will remain either the 4th or 5th biggest in Scotland as they usually are.

No point in listing off worst case scenarios and moan bitterly when they don't happen like the vermin do.

Good luck in the new stadium sheep fans. It'll be a bit shit for you being out of town but needs must.

10 minutes ago, Gorillajam said:

Where are the executive/corporate boxes. Capacity means more money in gate receipts, food and drink, programmes, etc. We had to take out part of the new stand to allow TV.

Your at it surely

2 minutes ago, cosanostra said:

A lot of posters on this thread seem to be behaving like Hibs fans with their comments. Dwindling crowds, cancelled DDs, racking up debt and all the other shite they spout.

Aberdeen will get their new stadium eventually and they'll be fine. Their crowds will remain either the 4th or 5th biggest in Scotland as they usually are.

No point in listing off worst case scenarios and moan bitterly when they don't happen like the vermin do.

Good luck in the new stadium sheep fans. It'll be a bit shit for you being out of town but needs must.

Thats the issue a lot of Aberdeen fans I knkw have is the needs must part. As far as they are concerned it isnt needs must. I think the debt is that the figures are quite vague. The dwindling crowd is more a question of how do they safeguard against this with a fairweather support. If you look at the basic proposal there is a lot of Aberdeen fans against it. Its an interesting topic. It could be good for Aberdeen , should be good for Scotland but could be a disaster. (Thats not my personal opinion however) 

8 minutes ago, J.T.F.Robertson said:

Just don't get the angst over it, more important issues from our perspective. OK, you live up there and are better positioned to comment, I was only saying from a personal viewpoint.

We have not "screwed up" the stand! Oi thinks you are at it.

Its not angst there is like everything a lot of propaganda surrounding it and I find it interesting. 

Haha i thinks their at it too?

2 minutes ago, sadj said:

Thats the issue a lot of Aberdeen fans I knkw have is the needs must part. As far as they are concerned it isnt needs must. I think the debt is that the figures are quite vague. The dwindling crowd is more a question of how do they safeguard against this with a fairweather support. If you look at the basic proposal there is a lot of Aberdeen fans against it. Its an interesting topic. It could be good for Aberdeen , should be good for Scotland but could be a disaster. (Thats not my personal opinion however) 

Interesting. Why are they moving? Pittodrie was pretty shit the last time I was there which was about 2011.

Is Whigfield trying to get his hands on the land for development purposes? He seems to have been talking about that forever.

14 minutes ago, cosanostra said:

Interesting. Why are they moving? Pittodrie was pretty shit the last time I was there which was about 2011.

Is Whigfield trying to get his hands on the land for development purposes? He seems to have been talking about that forever.

Seems to be two distinct camps. If you remember when we were told Tynie couldnt be redeveloped. We galvanised as a support about it. Theres many Aberdeen fans I know who are of the same opinion on Pittodrie (which is still a dump - all of the grounds i know its my least favourite internally - so something does need done) that it can be redeveloped one stand at a time pitch may need turned due to the sell off of ground around the stadium as it stands. They see this as a profit scheme by Milne again. The flip side is our two sheepys position that Pittodrie cant be saved and redeveloped it has to be a new stadium. Milne has stated the MacInnes has been instrumental in designs aswell (they must have the training facilities adjoining the ground - they cant do this at Pittodrie) the other side seem to see this as an excuse to push through with a proposal that ia flawed. Part of the ecominc benefits listed by the club were t will host several not football events each year. Transport links , travel time , fairweather fans etc all make it interesting. Then theres funding. As stated ISTL said the funding for phase one was in place instead only 60% is and the rest is made up of selling Pittodrie and investment but theres no clear idea of where this investment is coming from. Due to this some again see it as being a risky startegy that could have a severley damaging effect on the club. 

Prob not the place for it being a hearts forum but living up here and hearing two strong sides of the arguments is interesting , if you know the area and travel etc around here then it makes a lot of the claims look as if they are best case scenarios for the club who are also saying there is no option its Kingsford or the club will not meet regs for European matches etc (if you look at some of the grounds clubs have this is rubbish) and theres no where else to build. 

1 hour ago, Gorillajam said:

So you would swap Tynecastle for Easter Rd would you? You're in a very tiny club of one.

52 minutes ago, cosanostra said:

Speaking for myself, I'm against tearing down perfectly good stadiums and developing green belt when there's no urgent need and especially when there is no good public transport access. The environment is one very, very good reason to be against this. Fan experience is another. And all so a few developers like Milne and his chums can line their pockets. Out of town stadiums are a regressive step in many ways.

Edited by socrates82

3 minutes ago, socrates82 said:

So you would swap Tynecastle for Easter Rd would you? You're in a very tiny club of one.

Indeed a stadium considered by many in football to have one of the best atmospheres and be a brutally difficult place to come due to how its constructed. State of the art facilities whilst retaining something that cries out Heart of Midlothian. Suggest maybe more likely a club of green ??

9 minutes ago, socrates82 said:

Speaking for myself, I'm against tearing down perfectly good stadiums and developing green belt when there's no urgent need and especially when there is no good public transport access. The environment is one very, very good reason to be against this. Fan experience is another. And all so a few developers like Milne and his chums can line their pockets. Out of town stadiums are a regressive step in many ways.

Interesting post and hard to disagree with any of it.

Just now, cosanostra said:

Interesting post and hard to disagree with any of it.

To be honest I wish all our clubs, including Hibs (well maybe not Hibs), had better stadiums, partly so we could get the Euros one day. There is no way they can't redevelop Pittodrie though for the money they're talking about spending.