Top Posters In This Topic

• IveSeenTheLight

• Beast Boy

• sadj

• Unknown user

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

PeterintheRain

There is no way that the sheep would get anything like ?18 Million for that dump in a housing scheme in an economic ghost town.  

They sold the waterworks at Fairmilehead for ?20 Million.  A 26 acre site in a suburb where you're lucky to get a house for less than ?250,000.

Pittodrie, including the car parks might be 8 acres.  It is in a suburb dominated by council schemes.  Even the new luxury flats next door are going for ?150,000.

The former Wiggy isn't stupid enough to build houses at a massive loss. So where is the money coming from?

On their own stadium thread (afc chat), one of their fans ('Panda', post #4253) wrote about Tynecastle's redevelopment:

"However, Hearts are stuck with it. You hear Hearts fans asking why can't they fill in the corners or have more corporate, executive boxes etc, supporters bar, fanzone, all the stuff we're getting, and the truth is they can't. If they ever have a need to increase the capacity their only option will be a new stadium." 

First of all, I'm happy to be "stuck" with Tynecastle. I'm not in the least bit bothered about filling in the corners which I think is completely over-rated anyway. We will have all the corporate suites we'll ever need (two floors worth in the new stand plus the Gorgie Suite).

As far as a "supporters' bar" is concerned, we WILL be getting one under the Wheatfield Stand, as well as options in the new stand. Plus, Tynecastle isn't in the middle of ****ing nowhere. The area is crawling with pubs.

It IS possible for us to further increase the stadium, all be it, more planning, finance and re-design would be required. But out of Hearts and Aberdeen, I'm pretty confident that only one of us will ever need to address that issue in the near future.

And as for a fanzone: I'll stick to drinking in the Diggers, while they get their face painted. 

Edited by Buffalo Bill

On their own stadium thread (afc chat), one of their fans ('Panda', post #4253) wrote about Tynecastle's redevelopment:

"However, Hearts are stuck with it. You hear Hearts fans asking why can't they fill in the corners or have more corporate, executive boxes etc, supporters bar, fanzone, all the stuff we're getting, and the truth is they can't. If they ever have a need to increase the capacity their only option will be a new stadium."

First of all, I'm happy to be "stuck" with Tynecastle. I'm not in the least bit bothered about filling in the corners which I think is completely over-rated anyway. We will have all the corporate suites we'll ever need (two floors worth in the new stand plus the Gorgie Suite).

As far as a "supporters' bar" is concerned, we WILL be getting one under the Wheatfield Stand, as well as options in the new stand. Plus, Tynecastle isn't in the middle of ****ing nowhere. The area is crawling with pubs.

It IS possible for us to further increase the stadium, all be it, more planning, finance and re-design would be required. But out of Hearts and Aberdeen, I'm pretty confident that only one of us will ever need to address that issue in the near future.

And as for a fanzone: I'll stick to drinking in the Diggers, while they get their face painted.

Fanzone? More like fannyzone! Juvenile I know but hey ho

Luscious Laryea

The stadium plan and facilities all look good, but the logistics of the move are insane.

It's the equivalent of us playing our games in Newbridge, no way I would support it if I were a Don.

The stadium plan and facilities all look good, but the logistics of the move are insane.

It's the equivalent of us playing our games in Newbridge, no way I would support it if I were a Don.

There aren't any alternatives.

Staying at Pittodrie means either sticking with the same ground that isn't fit for purpose, reducing the capacity to around 13,000, or spending years with legal challenges so we can buy and knock down the flats behind both the South and merkland stands in order to rebuild the stadium the same as what we're planning at Kingsford. Doubt the latter option will be very cheap, Chelsea are shelling out ?500m on doing just that.

Other sites in the city have been considered but were either too expensive or weren't suitable. Bellfield (not far from current site) was originally considered when the stadium move was so we could host Euro 2008 games. With Scotland losing the bid went the plans and it can't be reconsidered because there's a new housing development now earmarked for there.

Then it was Loirston, which was hugely unpopular with fans because it would be a nightmare travel wise, the costs were rising, and it was also reliant on a shared facility with Cove Rangers and by the time that went down the tubes the available footprint was smaller because of a planned housing development.

To be honest, the distance from Pittodrie isn't an issue because we're a one-team city so we don't have the same attachment to a specific area like Hearts do to Gorgie. If we were leaving the city altogether then it'd be a different story, and if this application gets rejected that's likely to be what happens.

Shanks said no

There aren't any alternatives.

To be honest, the distance from Pittodrie isn't an issue because we're a one-team city so we don't have the same attachment to a specific area like Hearts do to Gorgie. If we were leaving the city altogether then it'd be a different story, and if this application gets rejected that's likely to be what happens.

What do you mean by this, if you are already moving out of Aberdeen City to Aberdeenshire where would the fallback be?

rudi must stay

Looks like Bournemouth's ground. They're also putting in a museum and memorial garden. Wonder where they took that idea from?

No mention of dates of when they see it happening.

Looks modern to me. Just what Aberdeen need and I hope it happens as Pittodrie seems past it as a stadium for a top Premier League team

Car use will be discouraged and they will be encouraging drivers to use the

"Park and Ride" facilities on the city outskirts.

This is an artists impression of one of them.

the-sheepfold.jpg

This did make me LOL.

It IS possible for us to further increase the stadium, all be it, more planning, finance and re-design would be required. But out of Hearts and Aberdeen, I'm pretty confident that only one of us will ever need to address that issue in the near future.

And as for a fanzone: I'll stick to drinking in the Diggers, while they get their face painted.

Your second last paragraph (the first part at least).

The reason I come to this forum is generally to read the new stand thread as I find it interesting as a juxtaposition to us moving stadium.

What I've learned from reading that thread is that Hearts would have major problems should they have to upgrade any of the other three stands or increase capacity. You would need to buy the land behind the stands before even considering raising the money, for probably very little profitable return (the main stand is different because the corporate income will increase profits).

Now, it's not something Hearts have to worry about. There's no immediate need to increase capacity beyond 20,099 or upgrade the three stands. But if Tynecastle was currently in the same state as Pittodrie is, I think you would be looking at a stadium move too.

That's where Aberdeen are. We can't redevelop without spending millions before we even put plans down on paper. Therefore we can all talk about one club staying at home and the other moving, but the one that is moving is doing so because they don't have any option.

I think what we're getting (if it goes through planning and the money is raised) is a very good stadium, a massive improvement on Pittodrie, and I can't say I'll miss the old stadium one bit. Comparing it with places on the outskirts of Edinburgh and saying "it'd be like us moving here" is not likely to be a valid comparison, or at least I don't know if they are as I probably know as little about Newbridge as most on here know about Kingsford.

What do you mean by this, if you are already moving out of Aberdeen City to Aberdeenshire where would the fallback be?

It's still within the city boundary, albeit it only just.

WheatfieldWarrior

I've seen times when there is a scramble to get on the train at Haymarket before its gets full after a game to the point that some walk to Waverley to get a better chance of securing a seat on the train.

Indeed it's not the first time I've had to stand the whole way on a train after a game at Tynecastle.

I understand the point about starting the journey at Waverley to get the pick of the seats, I just don't understand why you would walk past a perfectly good railway station (presumably with a valid ticket (i.e. a Aberdeen to Waverley return which is usually the same money as to haymarket in any case)), then walk 1.3 miles to Waverley rather than take the train from Haymarket to Waverley?

(unless of course you have a result to walk off.....) :)

The reason I come to this forum is generally to read the new stand thread as I find it interesting as a juxtaposition to us moving stadium.

What I've learned from reading that thread is that Hearts would have major problems should they have to upgrade any of the other three stands or increase capacity. You would need to buy the land behind the stands before even considering raising the money, for probably very little profitable return (the main stand is different because the corporate income will increase profits).

Now, it's not something Hearts have to worry about. There's no immediate need to increase capacity beyond 20,099 or upgrade the three stands. But if Tynecastle was currently in the same state as Pittodrie is, I think you would be looking at a stadium move too.

That's where Aberdeen are. We can't redevelop without spending millions before we even put plans down on paper. Therefore we can all talk about one club staying at home and the other moving, but the one that is moving is doing so because they don't have any option.

I think what we're getting (if it goes through planning and the money is raised) is a very good stadium, a massive improvement on Pittodrie, and I can't say I'll miss the old stadium one bit. Comparing it with places on the outskirts of Edinburgh and saying "it'd be like us moving here" is not likely to be a valid comparison, or at least I don't know if they are as I probably know as little about Newbridge as most on here know about Kingsford.

It was mentioned earlier that Pittodrie wasn't fit for purpose (so fits it fit fir?), but that's a phrase that raises suspicion down Gorgie way.

What's so awful about Pittodrie compared to everyone else's stadiums that justifies the club having to find at least 22 million, probably more? Could 22 million be spent on Pittodrie?

This is the kind of thinking that I find so bizarre when it crops up on here.  The total, full package cost of making the issue with land, ethanol tanks, parking, and all the rest go away entirely is probably on the order of ?2-3M.  That seems like a lot of money, so folk go on about "oh, we can't afford that, we need to build a new stadium."  Which would involve selling Tynecastle, probably for ?2-3M, then acquiring land elsewhere, probably for ?3-4M.  And then we'd have to build a new stadium from scratch, probably for ?20-25M.

How on earth is that saving money?

The cost for a stadium of the level that both Hearts and Aberdeen would want is roughly ?1k/seat plus ?8-12M for corporate, dressing rooms, training rooms, media, hospitality, offices, etc.  Once our new stand is built, all of the "plus" costs are done and dusted for decades to come, so the cost for re-doing the other stands is right at around ?1k/seat plus the ?2-3M to acquire land and make the distillery issues go away.  Realistically, in 15 years we grew to the point that we needed it, we could tear down the other three stands and replace them with 24k seats for something around ?27M in today's costs, and have a 30k stadium in our historic location for considerably less than you're going to spend to abandon yours.

This is the kind of thinking that I find so bizarre when it crops up on here. The total, full package cost of making the issue with land, ethanol tanks, parking, and all the rest go away entirely is probably on the order of ?2-3M. That seems like a lot of money, so folk go on about "oh, we can't afford that, we need to build a new stadium." Which would involve selling Tynecastle, probably for ?2-3M, then acquiring land elsewhere, probably for ?3-4M. And then we'd have to build a new stadium from scratch, probably for ?20-25M.

How on earth is that saving money?

The cost for a stadium of the level that both Hearts and Aberdeen would want is roughly ?1k/seat plus ?8-12M for corporate, dressing rooms, training rooms, media, hospitality, offices, etc. Once our new stand is built, all of the "plus" costs are done and dusted for decades to come, so the cost for re-doing the other stands is right at around ?1k/seat plus the ?2-3M to acquire land and make the distillery issues go away. Realistically, in 15 years we grew to the point that we needed it, we could tear down the other three stands and replace them with 24k seats for something around ?27M in today's costs, and have a 30k stadium in our historic location for considerably less than you're going to spend to abandon yours.

I'm not convinced your sums about buying land/costs are correct, but I don't know enough about the area to question it so I'll leave that to someone else.

But it would cost considerably more than ?2-3m for Aberdeen to buy the land around Pittodrie, purchase all the flats (that might be more than ?2-3m alone) and demolish them.

We would also need to either buy land from the council (main road behind the main stand) or build over it.

We would then have to start from scratch and build three new stands with nothing to sell to fund it, and still buy land to build a training facility.

It's not even realistic for us to do anyway. Not a hope in hell of us ever getting planning permission for any of that.

It was mentioned earlier that Pittodrie wasn't fit for purpose (so fits it fit fir?), but that's a phrase that raises suspicion down Gorgie way.

What's so awful about Pittodrie compared to everyone else's stadiums that justifies the club having to find at least 22 million, probably more? Could 22 million be spent on Pittodrie?

South Stand has subsidence so needs replaced, and main stand is also on its last legs. Basically they need replaced the same way the main stand at Tynecastle does.

However, modern building regulations mean essentially you need the same footprint behind the stand as you do within it. We might get away with building a replica of the Caledonian stadium and cut the capacity to 13,000 and make the place look even worse than it does now.

They could and should have redeveloped in the 90s, but they've missed the boat now.

Justifying moving away from 55% of your Season ticket holding fanbase by saying that you're moving towards 20% of your season ticket holding fanbase is weeeeeird logic.  

AYE BUT THUR WILL BE BUSES AFTER THE MATCHES!!!!!!

Now, i'm not completely sure what the most modern of double decker buses offer capacity wise - but for arguments sake, i'm going to say 100 per bus?

17 buses will take 1700 folk back to Aberdeen. 

20 buses will take 2000 folk to a park and ride.

7 buses will take another 700 folk to another park and ride.

So outwith those four and a half thousand folk, you'll have to come up with another plan (ie drive), or wait till after 6pm to escape the stadium.

Sounds minted.

I'm sure Stirling Albion laid on buses when they moved to the out of town centre Forthbank stadium many years ago. The buses stopped running not long afterwards.

Most important thing how many boozers are within walking distance.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

They don't need boozers nearby.

They're all just going to do the same pre-match routine then wait for an hour on a bus to get to the stadium

fabienleclerq

So 55% of season ticket holders live in the city but only 20% near where they want to move is that right?

There's a difference in people from the sticks driving in to people from the city driving out. The city folk will be less likely to travel if they've been used to games on their doorstep imo.

It IS possible for us to further increase the stadium, all be it, more planning, finance and re-design would be required. But out of Hearts and Aberdeen, I'm pretty confident that only one of us will ever need to address that issue in the near future.

And as for a fanzone: I'll stick to drinking in the Diggers, while they get their face painted. 

Spot on. And given we have a couple of Aberdeen fans who are so interested in making sure we know the whole truth the whole time I would imagine they will be rushing back to said forum to correct every little detail of this post as they do when anyone debates anything about the Aberdeen ground on here or says anything remotely negative?

Justifying moving away from 55% of your Season ticket holding fanbase by saying that you're moving towards 20% of your season ticket holding fanbase is weeeeeird logic.

AYE BUT THUR WILL BE BUSES AFTER THE MATCHES!!!!!!

Now, i'm not completely sure what the most modern of double decker buses offer capacity wise - but for arguments sake, i'm going to say 100 per bus?

So outwith those four and a half thousand folk, you'll have to come up with another plan (ie drive), or wait till after 6pm to escape the stadium.

Sounds minted.

This point is absolutely correct.

10,000 people standing in a queue at a bus stop outside the ground. Seems likely right enough.

Mind you by the time you got to the end of the queue you would probably be standing in the middle of Union Street anyway!

You didn't explain WHY it isn't valid to compare distances. Surely distance is a direct measurement (and thus comparable), and an eight mile move west for Hearts (we can't exactly move eight miles east) would take us to the outposts of Newbridge, Ratho or Kirknewton. Perhaps I can answer that for you by going back to the point about attachment? Hearts ARE attached to Gorgie, but more so because the stadium, as well as the neighbourhood is special to us. If we had Pittodrie Stadium in Gorgie, complete with that North Sea chill, I'm not so sure we'd be QUITE as passionate to remain at all costs.

But re an even greater Tynecastle capacity, it is entirely possible, and the costs, as well as the logistics are lesser than what Ann Budge overcame to deliver the new Main Stand (assuming construction of that goes to plan this year). It's not something we'd need to address unless we pretty much sold out Tynecastle for the next five years and the team was successful, but neither of those scenarios are unrealistic. It is possible we'll continue to grow. It is possible we'll have on-field success (a cup or two would be lovely).

To go into some, but not all detail, we could in theory, extend the Wheatfield Stand without having to move the giant support truss that runs along the top of it. It would need more steel supports from the back, and new roof cladding, but it's very do-able. To obtain planning for that, the ethanol tanks would maybe need to go, but in theory, that is a possibility in the future and could happen anyway regardless of what Hearts do. To build the stand up, we just need a small strip of the community pitch land, but the last time I looked, we've already erected a fence up which, if a deal has been or could be stuck, that strip of land would be all we need. Costs? No idea, but if demand was there, it would surely be worth doing. Planning...we'd need to wax the council, HSE people no doubt.

Could it be done? Well put it this way. Two years ago, people were still saying we couldn't build a new Main Stand due to costs, planning, HSE, infrastructure. Now look at us.

Would it be worth doing? Well, if we think the Wheatfield Stand looks good with 30 rows and 6,000 seats. Imagine how good it would look with 40 rows, and 8,000 seats.

Phil D. Corners

I remember a Stoke season ticket holder telling me that after their out of town stadium was built him and his mates would meet in the pub before games and if it was televised they would stay in pub. Especially on bad weather days.

That is always my worry of moving out of town. And Stoke is not that big.

I don't like out of town stadiums as a rule but as the dons guys have pointed out they are a one team city so it's less of an issue for them than say us. We would have to build in sout or west of Edinburgh which are the most expensive parts on yhe edgr of town. The other thing about this development is that their training facilities and academy are located next to the stadium thus requiring a bigger site. We seem to operate ok betweentwo sites RIccarton and Tynecastle (as do rantic and hibs) but I can see the attraction of having everything on one site.

My only worry would be how do you get 20K people from some spot on a bypass to Aberdeen quickly and efficiently. I suspect this will impact on peoples matchday experience.

Sent from my LG-K350 using Tapatalk

I went to Brighton's new ground -- similar position to Aberdeen's, out of town, but with a train station -- for a big evening game, a play-off against Derby -- two seasons ago.

It was a complete shambles, before, during and after.

Getting 20,000 people in and out of a ground in the countryside just doesn't work, with British roads and British transport habits.

Good luck to them -- but I think this is a huge mistake

Found a pic of one of the new 'buses' they'll be using to disperse the crowds or at least take them back to some form of civilisation

Trucks%20012.jpg

The other thing about this development is that their training facilities and academy are located next to the stadium thus requiring a bigger site. We seem to operate ok betweentwo sites RIccarton and Tynecastle (as do rantic and hibs) but I can see the attraction of having everything on one site.

I can see the attraction too but as you say, things work fine between our own two sites - day to day admin/non-football operation in Gorgie, day to day football operation up at Riccarton. Both facilities will be top drawer by September. 

I've been reading through the afc-chat stadium thread and I'm sure most Aberdeen fans would love to have a stadium like Tynecastle at Pittodrie and have their day-to-day training ground operation out at Westfield. Tynecastle seems to be the yardstick. Funny enough, Easter Road hardly gets a mention.

IveSeenTheLight

I understand the point about starting the journey at Waverley to get the pick of the seats, I just don't understand why you would walk past a perfectly good railway station (presumably with a valid ticket (i.e. a Aberdeen to Waverley return which is usually the same money as to haymarket in any case)), then walk 1.3 miles to Waverley rather than take the train from Haymarket to Waverley?

(unless of course you have a result to walk off.....) :)

Are you trying to suggest that they should catch the train from Haymarket to Waverley, to then catch the train from Waverley to Aberdeen?

I think the problem with these night games and train schedules was that there was not a train scheduled from Haymarket to Waverley in time to catch the train north.

I prefer to just pick up a takeaway from Dalry and wait in Haymarket,

There was no issues with the result to walk off.

Spot on. And given we have a couple of Aberdeen fans who are so interested in making sure we know the whole truth the whole time I would imagine they will be rushing back to said forum to correct every little detail of this post as they do when anyone debates anything about the Aberdeen ground on here or says anything remotely negative?

'Panda' used to post on here years ago and was shown up for the little troll he is. Clearly he's one of the current pair playing it a bit safer.

I went to Brighton's new ground -- similar position to Aberdeen's, out of town, but with a train station -- for a big evening game, a play-off against Derby -- two seasons ago.

It was a complete shambles, before, during and after.

Getting 20,000 people in and out of a ground in the countryside just doesn't work, with British roads and British transport habits.

Good luck to them -- but I think this is a huge mistake

People need to leave at 4.30pm to give themselves a chance

Or accept a longer day

Are you trying to suggest that they should catch the train from Haymarket to Waverley, to then catch the train from Waverley to Aberdeen?

I think the problem with these night games and train schedules was that there was not a train scheduled from Haymarket to Waverley in time to catch the train north.

There was no issues with the result to walk off.

If I think a train's going to be really busy I do just that. There's (literally) a train from Haymarket to Waverley every couple of minutes. But if you don't mind a wait at Haymarket that's fine.

To me the "matchday experience" thing means train into town, meet mates for a pint, saunter to ground, saunter back to pub, maybe a chippy, or else to train station. No hanging about waiting for a bus to the middle of no-where.

I think this will be a huge, huge mistake for you

IveSeenTheLight

If I think a train's going to be really busy I do just that. There's (literally) a train from Haymarket to Waverley every couple of minutes. But if you don't mind a wait at Haymarket that's fine.

To me the "matchday experience" thing means train into town, meet mates for a pint, saunter to ground, saunter back to pub, maybe a chippy, or else to train station. No hanging about waiting for a bus to the middle of no-where.

I think this will be a huge, huge mistake for you

Train's do not run every couple of minutes on a Friday night after the game from Haymarket to Waverley.

In fact, it can be a struggle to get to Haymarket in time for the last train north.

Were all entitled to our opinions, you think it will be a huge mistake, I think it could be a huge opportunity.

Sounds minted.

According to the transport strategy on the application, it is worked out as:-

Shuttle buses holding 90 people. It's 30 buses taking fans back to Kingswells (I said 20, with 10 returning. It's only Kingswells they are returning from which is less than 3 mile away). 10 buses to Dyce. And an as yet undisclosed number of buses going to the city centre.

There will be 17 public buses (holding 60 people) running per hour, not 17 in total. So in a two-hour period that would be 34.

That's over 5,500 before shuttle buses to the city centre (lets say for argument sake it's 30 again), and buses to bridge of don and the South of Aberdeen are added (let's say 10 each), and the fact that some will be getting public buses going west.

That could be 10,000 served by public transport. And that is based on non-old firm games. It would increase for these games. The rest driving, getting supporters buses, or walking (if they live in Westhill, Kingswells or the new Counteswells).

Will they all get away straight after the game, no. The transport strategy has worked out it will take 45 minutes to empty the shuttle bus queue and two hours for the public buses. But, they are likely to do similar to Bayern Munich (there's the Bayern comparison again), where it also takes two hours to disperse fans after a game (they may have a train station and underground car park but they have 70,000 fans to get rid of). They encourage fans to stay behind after a game and watch the post-match interviews on the TV screens (Aberdeen will have two *I think, maybe only one* inside the ground and one outside at the fanzone), stay in their restaurant (Aberdeen will have a "red cafe"), or drink in their bar (Aberdeen will have a Supporters bar).

Shuttle buses holding 90 people. It's 30 buses taking fans back to Kingswells (I said 20, with 10 returning. It's only Kingswells they are returning from which is less than 3 mile away). 10 buses to Dyce. And an as yet undisclosed number of buses going to the city centre.

There will be 17 public buses (holding 60 people) running per hour, not 17 in total. So in a two-hour period that would be 34.

That's over 5,500 before shuttle buses to the city centre (lets say for argument sake it's 30 again), and buses to bridge of don and the South of Aberdeen are added (let's say 10 each), and the fact that some will be getting public buses going west.

That could be 10,000 served by public transport. And that is based on non-old firm games. It would increase for these games. The rest driving, getting supporters buses, or walking (if they live in Westhill, Kingswells or the new Counteswells).

Will they all get away straight after the game, no. The transport strategy has worked out it will take 45 minutes to empty the shuttle bus queue and two hours for the public buses. But, they are likely to do similar to Bayern Munich (there's the Bayern comparison again), where it also takes two hours to disperse fans after a game (they may have a train station and underground car park but they have 70,000 fans to get rid of). They encourage fans to stay behind after a game and watch the post-match interviews on the TV screens (Aberdeen will have two *I think, maybe only one* inside the ground and one outside at the fanzone), stay in their restaurant (Aberdeen will have a "red cafe"), or drink in their bar (Aberdeen will have a Supporters bar).

How can you see it taking an hour to just get out of the vicinity of the stadium as a positive?

That's absolutely appalling..

That's also suggesting that 10'000 people will use the 2'000 odd car parking spaces. Hardly realistic

Has any out of town move gone well for any British club? Genuinely struggling to think of any

Are Boro, Derby and Hull out of town? genuinely no idea but they are all one team towns so may have worked.

You're quoting a two hour period cos it suits your argument to do so - you'll not that my post was in relation to 'before 6pm' as I stated.

Would I feck want to be stood outside a stadium in the middle of nowhere waiting till well after 6pm on a Saturday for a bus to come along.

The strategy reckons TWO HOURS to clear the public bus queue?!?!?! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Who in their right mind wants to still be waiting on a bus 2 hours after a match finishes?!?!?!?

I cant see many being too enamoured with that idea. I certainly wouldn't be.

Edited by Erik

Are Boro, Derby and Hull out of town? genuinely no idea but they are all one team towns so may have worked.

Boro and Hull are central stadiums.

Derby is in a business park.. however you'd be pushing it calling them successful since their move

Boro and Hull are central stadiums.

Derby is in a business park.. however you'd be pushing it calling them successful since their move

Derby last season had the highest attendances in the Championship so their fans must like it. Success would be playing in the premiership though.

You're quoting a two hour period cos it suits your argument to do so - you'll not that my post was in relation to 'before 6pm' as I stated.

Would I feck want to be stood outside a stadium in the middle of nowhere waiting till well after 6pm on a Saturday for a bus to come along.

The strategy reckons TWO HOURS to clear the public bus queue?!?!?! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Who in their right mind wants to still be waiting on a bus 2 hours after a match finishes?!?!?!?

I cant see many being too enamoured with that idea. I certainly wouldn't be.

Hence why I said there will be plenty at the stadium to keep people entertained, or go to one of the pubs in Westhill.

That's also suggesting that 10'000 people will use the 2'000 odd car parking spaces. Hardly realistic

I never said nor suggested that at all.

Hence why I said there will be plenty at the stadium to keep people entertained, or go to one of the pubs in Westhill.

You can dress it up however you like. A 2 hour wait to get away from the stadium is laughable - and if it weren't for the fact you're backing your own side here, and it was a 2 hour wait to get away from tynecastle we were talking about - you'd mock it as well.

IveSeenTheLight

You can dress it up however you like. A 2 hour wait to get away from the stadium is laughable - and if it weren't for the fact you're backing your own side here, and it was a 2 hour wait to get away from tynecastle we were talking about - you'd mock it as well.

I very much doubt there will be a two hour dissipation of supporters from the new stadium.

I think it's some poor, worst case scenario calculations.