Clerry Jambo

New Stand: Ongoing work (updated)

1971fozzy
25 minutes ago, Janbo1874 said:

Fireworks last night from the Skyline Lounge.

I don't know if photographer was standing on tiptoes or wearing an old pair of Noddy Holder's platforms but I can see the Castle.

IMG_20190827_164356.jpg

Greenginger will be having palpitations. See the castle 😱😱 surely not. He’ll be furiously panning over all the Planning documents

heartsfc_fan
42 minutes ago, Janbo1874 said:

Fireworks last night from the Skyline Lounge.

I don't know if photographer was standing on tiptoes or wearing an old pair of Noddy Holder's platforms but I can see the Castle.

IMG_20190827_164356.jpg

That's brilliant

Smithee
On 11/08/2019 at 14:47, mitch41 said:

What happened to the saying:

The customer is always right.

Everyone ridiculed it as an utterly mental and unworkable concept and it shuffled away and died in a shitty corner.

farin
5 hours ago, 1971fozzy said:

Greenginger will be having palpitations. See the castle 😱😱 surely not. He’ll be furiously panning over all the Planning documents

Wait till he see’s this. 😄

8B93DC4E-9E91-49B2-B24B-FB7C8F975FC8.thumb.jpeg.9ad86454e593c79f24f2fe070d83eb47.jpeg

Cruickshank for Scotland
On 11/08/2019 at 11:36, Hashimoto said:

Why?....perfectly good access route...no sound reason why regular customers cannot get in and out of the ground in a timely and safe manner. Please note that I've written to Hearts on the matter......

Typical example of regular supporters getting second hand treatment

Nonsense! Regular supporters have no exit option at the top in the Gorgie and Wheatfield stands - are they getting second class treatment??

Cruickshank for Scotland
On 27/08/2019 at 17:16, 1971fozzy said:

A ‘senior member of staff’ informed me the new stand was jacked up 6 feet for this corporate event....

Stephen Muddie

Apologies if this has been mentioned on the thread recently, but I was wondering when the glass curtain wall façade will be finished? Or is the office block now gonna be the final design, do we know?

Scnorthedinburgh
1 hour ago, Stephen Muddie said:

Apologies if this has been mentioned on the thread recently, but I was wondering when the glass curtain wall façade will be finished? Or is the office block now gonna be the final design, do we know?

What else did you think was still to go up?

It is an office/conference room/restaurant. With tons of seats bolted on the back to make a stand.

Bit like most stadiums built in phases.

Cruickshank for Scotland
1 hour ago, Stephen Muddie said:

You will need to ask the architect - he DESIGNED it and the subcontractor built it to his design.....but you knew that already right. 😉

Cruickshank for Scotland
6 minutes ago, Scnorthedinburgh said:

What else did you think was still to go up?

It is an office/conference room/restaurant. With tons of seats bolted on the back to make a stand.

Bit like most stadiums built in phases.

Think he was trolling.

davemclaren
5 hours ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

A ‘senior member of staff’ informed me the new stand was jacked up 6 feet for this corporate event....

I was there but have little recollection due to alcohol unfortunately. 

Stephen Muddie
3 hours ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Think he was trolling.

Yeah kinda, more just banter since I discovered the other day who you were before your name realignment operation. Mind those days with the glass. I was always winding you up :fonzie:

Special Officer Doofy

The design in the concept drawings was a lot better. :( 

Cruickshank for Scotland
48 minutes ago, Stephen Muddie said:

Yeah kinda, more just banter since I discovered the other day who you were before your name realignment operation. Mind those days with the glass. I was always winding you up :fonzie:

Nothing wrong with the banter! 👍

Cruickshank for Scotland
42 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

The design in the concept drawings was a lot better. :( 

A design that couldn’t be built within the budget or to the tight programme - but we’ve done all that haven’t we.....

davemclaren
7 hours ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

A design that couldn’t be built within the budget or to the tight programme - but we’ve done all that haven’t we.....

To death, if I’m honest. 

FTH
8 hours ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Just as well we went with the current design that was built within budget...oh wait, just as well it was built to the tight programme - no didn't achieve that either.

What we've got is what we've got, it's obvious that the original "design" was much more popular and pleasing on the eye before being changed without any public knowledge. There's a long list of "mistakes" been made along the way but it is what it is.

Justin Z

Imagine though the cost of cleaning the glass as originally designed. We thought £100k a year was a fortune! 😧

Smithee
1 minute ago, Justin Z said:

Imagine though the cost of cleaning the glass as originally designed. We thought £100k a year was a fortune! 😧

It was self cleaning glass in the sales pitch wasn't it?

Cruickshank for Scotland
11 minutes ago, FTH said:

Just as well we went with the current design that was built within budget...oh wait, just as well it was built to the tight programme - no didn't achieve that either.

What we've got is what we've got, it's obvious that the original "design" was much more popular and pleasing on the eye before being changed without any public knowledge. There's a long list of "mistakes" been made along the way but it is what it is.

Here we go again! 😏

Firstly the glass facade WAS built on budget and to the programme - what followed caused the cost increases and delay.

Secondly the Architects “concept computer image” should never have been released by the Club to the public as that type of facade design was incredibly expensive to build not to mention impractical in terms of meeting the building regs.

For more information troll back through the vast amount of details on the thread.

Cruickshank for Scotland
4 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Who’s sales pitch? 🤔

Justin Z
15 minutes ago, Smithee said:

:lol: I remember that now. Ruins the joke.

iainmac
44 minutes ago, FTH said:

The bigger mistake would've been to not tackle the main stand problem at all. Think about that. 

I.T.K
52 minutes ago, FTH said:

And it is a great stand.