New Stand: Ongoing work (updated)

Clerry Jambo

jamboinglasgow

:pleased:  Don't worry about the kids, looks like they are enjoying a bit of "work experience" with the JCB.

You know it makes sense, keeps the "costs" down to upset the other side of town :toff:

On a serious side, the club (in conjunction with the builders) should so often organise letting the nursery kids to see the building work (in line of what is safe of course) as they would get a real kick from it (I know I would have at the age of 4 to get close to JCB's and cranes.)

But seeing that picture feels real, its beginng.

Those were the days for me Bill.I didn't know the average crowd.To be honest I don't think any of us even cared.I don't think any of us even said what's the crowd today.If I'm wrong please correct me

Funny how the memory plays tricks. These guys were hero's to me but you are right the league placings were chronic. So they couldn't have been all that good.

We are much better off now but I wish we could hold on to decent players for longer.

Funny you should mention some of the poor crowds though,  just think we will have more fans in our new stand than we had for a total attendance at some games in that era.

Respect to you both for sticking with it.

I've always considered myself very lucky in the sense that my introduction to Hearts was at the very end of the so called 'bad old days' (season 81/82 - failure to gain promotion), but if effect, good people were already turning the club around by that point, Wallace Mercer, MacDonald taking over as manager and Sandy Jardine arriving from Rangers.

That scenario was a hell of a long way off back in 1969.

Something like seven of the team that lost at Dens Park in the 1995/96 Coca Cola Cup QF played at the same venue nine years earlier on May 3rd 1986, so I know what it's like to have 'grown up' with a team. We'll almost certainly never see that again.

Are we saving the tree, or what?

If they tear it down, they should make some benches out of it or something.

I also want a fake tree put on top of the new stand :lol:

Bazzas right boot

I actually find it amusing how much it annoys Hibs fans. They need to get over the fact that Edinburgh sees Heart of Midlothian Football Club as an established part of the fabric of our capitol city.

Nobody wanted, asked for or needed a shite little tinpot tribute act to be founded down in the filthy dockside slums. It doesn't seem to matter how many times the city shuns them and turns their noses up at them, they still convince themselves that they are welcome, wanted and necessary. I wish they would just take the hint and **** off. Edinburgh neither wants nor needs them.

Funny thing is most of them say they're "Fae Leef, no ednburuuu" when asked, but then pretend they are from the city.

Fandangs.

Ha ha that's brilliant pardon the pun but where did you dig that clip up from

I follow a lot of tech and eco stuff on social media. I'm a bit of a geek. :thumbsup:

3e5acaf0f1c73e3e85377797fb8fd263.jpg

His tears are like nectar. [emoji481]

Check this roaster out,

reading it gives me a self satisfaction that they really are obsessive with all that is good with Edinburghs only premiership team.

Get a life son !!!!

greenginger

They have not submitted a " Notice of Initiation of Development " form.

The form gives details of the Planning Permission and Building Warrant ref and more importantly details of the main contractor and name of site agent and contact numbers.

Starting work without submitting the Notice is listed on the planning consent notes as a breach of Planning Law, Section 123 (1) of the Town and Country Planning Act.

But, according to them the new lot are nothing like Vlad and his Liths.

Originally Posted by greenginger viewpost-right.png
Only problem , very little has actually been approved by the Council.

The planning permission for the new stand won't be issued until North British Distillers complete the safety improvements. This work is awaiting planning permission, ( application ref 16/04554 ) . The application page contains a letter from the HSE saying it will take a minimum of 13 weeks to assess the proposals and give their opinions to our Council. Then NB Distillers will apply for a building warrant, then they will get contractors to price the work.

After it has been completed to eveyone's satisfaction, planning permission will be issued.

As for the work under the Wheatfield Stand, its well ahead, but there has been no Building Warrant issued for this work.

Edited by 22games nro

Too right. It's our God given right that the city fathers look after the heart and soul of the city.

Meanwhile the Lochend Cockends are nearing their play off carnage nemesis while the Tashe bends them over for another dry humping.

Poetry

I actually find it amusing how much it annoys Hibs fans. They need to get over the fact that Edinburgh sees Heart of Midlothian Football Club as an established part of the fabric of our capitol city.

Nobody wanted, asked for or needed a shite little tinpot tribute act to be founded down in the filthy dockside slums. It doesn't seem to matter how many times the city shuns them and turns their noses up at them, they still convince themselves that they are welcome, wanted and necessary. I wish they would just take the hint and **** off. Edinburgh neither wants nor needs them.

Well put

Hibs fans

The planning permission allows us to carry out the demolition AND install the steel structure for the new stand without the enhanced safety for the brewery.

How do you post a picture ?

posting%20letter.jpg

sorry couldnt help it.

I just copy and paste, but think you need to be a subscriber ?? (5.00 per year)

posting%20letter.jpg

sorry couldnt help it.

I just copy and paste, but think you need to be a subscriber ?? (5.00 per year)

Need to be on full version (not mobile) I think too

On the laptop, click on the "Image" icon (image properties) and it asks for a URL.... stumped.  

the image of the postbox , i just right clicked it , copied and pasted straight into the posting section, however im on a pc so not sure if that changes it 

How do you post a picture ?

Right click on the picture and select "Copy Image URL / Address"

Then in your post, type the following:

[   img   ]    

Then right click and select "Paste" and then type the following:

[   /img   ]   

Make sure it's all on the same line with no spaces, that you use square brackets, and that you include the forward slash (/) in the second set of brackets.

You should be golden after that :thumbsup:

Edited by tian447

jamboinglasgow

I find it funny he talks about things not being passed by the council and Hearts starting work when not allowed, considering on the council portal, there is an application for a building warrant for the demolition of the buildings behind the main stand. The warrant has not only been granted but currently reads "work started."

I find it funny he talks about things not being passed by the council and Hearts starting work when not allowed, considering on the council portal, there is an application for a building warrant for the demolition of the buildings behind the main stand. The warrant has not only been granted but currently reads "work started."

Life is good

SectionDJambo

Do those gimps over there, seriously, believe that the current Hearts regime would start demolishing buildings, in clear view of everyone, including the council, without the clearance to do so?

And do they really believe that they would be the whistle blowers, to alert the council to this sneaky goings on?

I hope they have plenty tin foil to hand. They are going to need it.

Do those gimps over there, seriously, believe that the current Hearts regime would start demolishing buildings, in clear view of everyone, including the council, without the clearance to do so?

And do they really believe that they would be the whistle blowers, to alert the council to this sneaky goings on?

I hope they have plenty tin foil to hand. They are going to need it.

Apparently. :whistling:

J.T.F.Robertson

It's like slavering Sergey, no-one came out to tell him he was talking shite, either. Now, this doomsday crap has been going on over there in one form or another since Vlad showed up.

Here we are, more than a decade on and they're still at it.

Chronic stuff.

My very first game at Tynecastle was watched from the Main Stand, vs Rangers in the 2nd leg of the League Cup Semi, 1982.

Will be sad to see it go. 

:sob:

Governor Tarkin

Sat in section B for nearly a decade... I am not going to miss looking at it. I probably would miss it more if I'd spent more time sitting in it.

I'm generally in the back row of F and will miss the wonderfull view of Edinburgh over the top of the old stand. I'm out of the country for most of the year and that vista always reminds me I'm 'home'.

ffs, cracking post M!...Best in ages. :D

My very first game at Tynecastle was watched from the Main Stand, vs Rangers in the 2nd leg of the League Cup Semi, 1982.

The 'win a house' (Miller Homes) game?

August Landmesser

Costs...what you on about costs - the council are paying for the lot I heard!

The council are only paying half - the rest is from poppy money and charity tins

:jjyay:

queensferryjambo

The picture is in my personal files not online

You could upload the picture to a free picture hosting site like say photobucket then get links

OR

For a quick and easy way post the picture to facebook then right click and get the image address and copy the url into the Image part of Kickback. The  just delete your post on facebook. 

...a bit disco

Pumped 2-0 and pished down with rain.

My legs went pink with the dye from my brand new pair of burgundy sta-press.

Barry Anderson and the EEN with a scoop this morning. Demolition work seemingly starts today.

Obviously never checked Kickback yesterday Bazza...

Barry Anderson and the EEN with a scoop this morning. Demolition work seemingly starts today.

Obviously never checked Kickback yesterday Bazza...

Yeah

Actually says 'begin in earnest' ie in front of Tynecastle today.

Yeah

Actually says 'begin in earnest' ie in front of Tynecastle today.

Tell ye what Mikey, if we cannie agree on what panoramic means on here, then we're ****ed if we think we can get a definitive handle of 'begin in earnest'.

Baz said it starts today. He is wrong. It started yesterday. FTEN :-)

Tell ye what Mikey, if we cannie agree on what panoramic means on here, then we're ****ed if we think we can get a definitive handle of 'begin in earnest'.

Baz said it starts today. He is wrong. It started yesterday. FTEN :-)

Happy with that

Hopefully get some pics later

From a Hearts twitter feed;ec704e146ce39d0e049a05104a9856d3.jpg

Chris Stewart & Greenminger will not be happy about this! HMFC trolling the .netters by pulling down that building first.

Dougie Masterton

Chris Stewart & Greenminger will not be happy about this! HMFC trolling the .netters by pulling down that building first.

But he's now saying on the Hearts accounts thread, that we've paid a ?50k deposit to Chris Stewart for the buildings, you couldn't make it up with that trumpet.

Hackney Hearts

I wonder what is in those black bin liners in the roof space?

Any suggestions?

I was wondering that. 

?5 million in used notes, hopefully. Could buy a goalscorer.

All roads lead to Gorgie

I wonder what is in those black bin liners in the roof space?

Any suggestions?

The Frozen Shares ?

Either that or the sniffer dugs are on their way :tiny: