New Stand: Ongoing work (updated)

Clerry Jambo

been here before

But you've said you dont play for Hearts. So by your reasoning you shouldnt be here to have an opinion.

I doubt anyone is intrigued to be honest. Theyre problably getting as bored as I am of some clucky mother hen type, making wrong guesses and getting all defensive and het up about some professional artist boy who painted a picture and doesnt think anyone should have an opinion unless theyve painted a picture too.

Very bizarre.

Edited by been here before

been here before
1 minute ago, siegementality said:

I quite like it.

Please, unless you are a professional artist who can post your own work, keep your opinion to yourself.

1 minute ago, been here before said:

Please, unless you are a professional artist who can post your own work, keep your opinion to yourself.

I like the use of colour , I've sold stuff so count myself a pro 👍👍

been here before
1 minute ago, geomac said:

I like the use of colour , I've sold stuff so count myself a pro 👍👍

Not sure that meets the stringent criterea. 

If I understand it correctly it seems only professional artists should be allowed to comment and only then if they have a picture of Tynecastle to show.

Your arrangement sounds a bit more 'pro-am'. Like the old golf programme with a Peter Allis/Bob Carolgees combo.

1 hour ago, feedtheroman2 said:

I took this pic in June 2017. I think we've come a long way in a short time and should be rather proud!

FB_IMG_1565125460177.jpg

We have come a long way.

The business side of Hearts has grown so much and we’re going to benefit long term.

This picture is sad to me though - the old stand has so many brilliant memories and whilst I love what we’ve got now - I do miss it. Thanks for sharing. 🙂

4 minutes ago, been here before said:

Not sure that meets the stringent criterea. 

If I understand it correctly it seems only professional artists should be allowed to comment and only then if they have a picture of Tynecastle to show.

Your arrangement sounds a bit more 'pro-am'. Like the old golf programme with a Peter Allis/Bob Carolgees combo.

No proper pro, had a pint with Sam Torrance if you need proof. Never fortunate to meet the great Bob Carolgees but he did spit towards me once?

siegementality
8 minutes ago, Mysterion said:

We have come a long way.

The business side of Hearts has grown so much and we’re going to benefit long term.

This picture is sad to me though - the old stand has so many brilliant memories and whilst I love what we’ve got now - I do miss it. Thanks for sharing. 🙂

I did one of the last stadium tours prior to the old stand being demolished. To say it had had its day would be an understatement. Time moves on, I’ll remember it fondly but appreciate what we now have.

been here before
9 minutes ago, geomac said:

No proper pro, had a pint with Sam Torrance if you need proof. Never fortunate to meet the great Bob Carolgees but he did spit towards me once?

Aye ok your golfing background and tenuous association with early 80s light entertainers get you a foot in the door.

Got a picture af Tynecastle that you've drawn though to share?

Nae doodles, no opinions. Dems the rulez.

6 minutes ago, been here before said:

Aye ok your golfing background and tenuous association with early 80s light entertainers get you a foot in the door.

Got a picture af Tynecastle that you've drawn though to share?

Nae doodles, no opinions. Dems the rulez.

No doodles but I spoke to Lenny Henry (and Dawn French) at a ...party.... thing, she didn't allow opinions!! Classic 80's doesn't get more classic

TommiGronlund
11 hours ago, Big Slim Stylee said:

Be honest, doesn’t look like it’ll be worth the wait though.

Savage :laugh:

Seen the thread back near the top of the page, and thought oh maybe some new pictures but no just grown men arguing over a sh*t painting, can we at least try to keep thread slightly on topic 

been here before
11 minutes ago, campbell said:

Seen the thread back near the top of the page, and thought oh maybe some new pictures but no just grown men arguing over a sh*t painting, can we at least try to keep thread slightly on topic 

Go on then... otherwise it just looks like you're going off topic moaning about folk arguing and taking the thread off topic.

Incidently, are you in any way qualified to proffer such an opinion about said daubings?

Unknown user
13 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

Pretty good, puts me in mind of this classic, with maybe a touch of Lowry

4401110657_a7ba85f252_z.jpg

26 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Pretty good, puts me in mind of this classic, with maybe a touch of Lowry

4401110657_a7ba85f252_z.jpg

I like the guy's painting too. Also had that classic above... Probably still in my mum and dad's house actually. 

43 minutes ago, been here before said:

Go on then... otherwise it just looks like you're going off topic moaning about folk arguing and taking the thread off topic.

Incidently, are you in any way qualified to proffer such an opinion about said daubings?

Aw you’re missing the point or just trying to be smart can’t work out which one, I’m not going to debate it with you as it would be taking the thread off topic! 

I look forward to seeing more pictures and input about the stand when you have finished your playground argument

as for being qualified to comment, yes I am as I have eyes 

been here before
Just now, campbell said:

Aw you’re missing the point or just trying to be smart can’t work out which one, I’m not going to debate it with you as it would be taking the thread off topic! 

I look forward to seeing more pictures and input about the stand when you have finished your playground argument

Ohhhhh uptight.

:rofl:

August Landmesser
1 minute ago, Craig_ said:

Untitled.png

'80s office block imho

::troll::

Re the painting (not Craig_'s masterpiece above, but the one that is being so heavily criticised), he's made an excellent job of the sky and the light. It's not my cup of tea, but it's hardly shit imo. Just the guy's style I suppose. Art is very personal though and folk have different tastes.

Yep, I'd like to point out that was done (in five minutes on Paint while at work) in tribute to the original, not as a p*ss-take...

TyphoonJambo
3 minutes ago, Craig_ said:

Yep, I'd like to point out that was done (in five minutes on Paint while at work) in tribute to the original, not as a p*ss-take...

I actually like that, I'd buy it. Are you doing mugs, place mats, t-shirts? 

3 minutes ago, Craig_ said:

It's beautiful. Truly magnificent. :wub:

20 minutes ago, Craig_ said:

Untitled.png

Beautiful. 

Get that on Etsy or RedBubble and make a fortune! :lol:

been here before
12 minutes ago, TypoonJambo said:

I actually like that, I'd buy it. Are you doing mugs, place mats, t-shirts? 

Id want that as a phone cover I think.

That despite the fact he's missed out the big crack in the tenements and the crumbling masonary our green gimpy pal was so concerened about.

been here before
27 minutes ago, Craig_ said:

Untitled.png

49 minutes ago, campbell said:

Happy now?

15 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

We had or have a poster who did similar to this painting (Hearts related) who sold various items to raised finds for saving our club. Ibought a set of mugs which through sketch’s spelt  out Hearts. Hopefully they will be worth a fortune one day!

:gocompare:

Edited by Dannie Boy

59 minutes ago, Craig_ said:

Untitled.png

Trying to pass off a photograph as a painting.

That's low, Craig, real low.

1 minute ago, Vlad Magic said:

Why is there a chicken on the side of the stand?

😃

Because we're the Marshall's Chunky Chicken Champions?!

(knew it wouldn't take long for the art critics to wade in. I'd be more concerned about the lack of Gorgie Road or the school personally...)

7 minutes ago, Vlad Magic said:

Does look like Nandos branding...

1200px-Nandos_logo.svg.pngYip, exactly the same!

Edited by Pans Jambo

10 minutes ago, Craig_ said:

😃

Because we're the Marshall's Chunky Chicken Champions?!

(knew it wouldn't take long for the art critics to wade in. I'd be more concerned about the lack of Gorgie Road or the school personally...)

I like it’s abstractness.

I love the chicken 👍

My half sister
42 minutes ago, Vlad Magic said:

Which begs the question, why did the chicken cross the road?

17 hours ago, sac said:

Need the trees on the plaza.

All you get is leaves and bird poo all over the place. They also restrict events taking place on the plaza.

Talking about bird poo how about getting those anti seagull speakers as these flying rats are just a menace.

Shanks said no
3 hours ago, Dannie Boy said:

We had or have a poster who did similar to this painting (Hearts related) who sold various items to raised finds for saving our club. Ibought a set of mugs which through sketch’s spelt  out Hearts. Hopefully they will be worth a fortune one day!

https://www.etsy.com/uk/listing/726040319/heart-of-midlothian-fc-hearts-fc?ga_order=most_relevant&ga_search_type=all&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_search_query=heart+of+midlothian&ref=sr_gallery-1-2&organic_search_click=1&frs=1#

much more detail 

3 hours ago, tian447 said:

Beautiful. 

Get that on Etsy or RedBubble and make a fortune! :lol:

I like the attention to detail on the scarves.

1 hour ago, mitch41 said:

All you get is leaves and bird poo all over the place. They also restrict events taking place on the plaza.

Ground staff could lift them on to a Wee 4 wheel trolley when events are on, no problem

6 minutes ago, sac said:

Ground staff could lift them on to a Wee 4 wheel trolley when events are on, no problem

And the bird poo.

4 hours ago, Dannie Boy said:

That would be me. :D

You're referring to this...

heart-of-midlothian-fundraiser-illustration.png.bbbccc2518dc7a532cb2c935c2069f8f.png

Mugs worth a fortune? That would be bittersweet for sure. Don't even have a set myself! 😭

34 minutes ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

You're referring to one a lot more recent...

EBCNztkX4AAi7gW.thumb.jpeg.1d9c675293d6ca952cfe2934c55db92e.jpeg

il_fullxfull.1962793960_ixqn.thumb.jpg.cd5779507b049b8d6ff3c6473e59b61b.jpg

il_794xN.1962794044_tp8x.thumb.jpg.9f8a62c0253f090faa7e231079c74809.jpg

4 minutes ago, Gregorski said:

Yes I’ve got the mugs which my kids and grandkids will inherit amongst stuff associated in saving the Club. When they grow up they’ll know  what we did in our darkest hour. 

Edited by Dannie Boy
Added know

been here before
34 minutes ago, Gregorski said:

heart-of-midlothian-fundraiser-illustration.png.bbbccc2518dc7a532cb2c935c2069f8f.png

Mugs worth a fortune? That would be bittersweet for sure. Don't even have a set myself! 😭

You're referring to one a lot more recent...

EBCNztkX4AAi7gW.thumb.jpeg.1d9c675293d6ca952cfe2934c55db92e.jpeg

il_fullxfull.1962793960_ixqn.thumb.jpg.cd5779507b049b8d6ff3c6473e59b61b.jpg

il_794xN.1962794044_tp8x.thumb.jpg.9f8a62c0253f090faa7e231079c74809.jpg

Now not being a professional artist or having a drawing of Tynecastle Ive done myself, Im not sure Im allowed an opinion but I quite like that one.

I do hope thats ok with last nights reincarnation of Brian Sewell.