New Stand: Ongoing work (updated)

Clerry Jambo

53 minutes ago, Devorgilla said:

Thanks for posting, interesting to see inside the new stand, or some of it.  Manager’s door not “always open” though!  Is the “tiled retro badge” near the start new or is it the one from the old stand, possibly refurbished?  I seem to recall seeing on here pictures of the old one covered up to retain it for inclusion in the new stand?

The original (1932) mosaic is still where it always was, it will be part of the stadium tour in a dedicated room with an original turnstile.

upgotheheads
On ‎26‎/‎07‎/‎2019 at 18:34, SUTOL said:

I've thought for a while that if we were to fill the corners in then one way to do it where we are tight for space i.e. Gorgie-Main stand corner, would be similar to the Stadio Luigi Ferraris in Genoa. 

Basically building up on the police control room to meet up with the roof trusses and use it as a load bearing structure thereby removing the pylon. Making several floors of private boxes and small lounges. 

thumb2-stadio-luigi-ferraris-4k-marassi-

Luigi-Ferraris.jpg

We probably don't need the floorspace for lounges/boxes though so probably not worth considering now. 

I'd call that ugly myself but the way that the corner towers support the main beams and roof is interesting. At Tynecastle I'm sure that it would be possible to build four new corner supports and stand them diagonally back and out from the existing ones. They would have to be considerably bigger and stronger, but it would allow the corners to be filled in and more importantly allow the pitch to be increased in size to international standard. However the increase in capacity of filling in the corners wouldn't do much more than compensate for the loss of seats due to the bigger pitch on the current footprint.

Can't see it happening anytime soon to be honest. 

The acoustics should be phenomenal, only leading to more looking at Tynecastle as a venue.

Really looking forward to seeing some video of this opening.

highlandjambo3
7 hours ago, kila said:

Off to Falkirk he says to do another broadcast...... wee bit like mince and tattles after fillet steak, I don’t suppose there will be much of a live broadcast going on their then.  But, oh our new facilities...... moist feeling 

The inside still lacks a lot of maroon. The corridors around the entrance and down to the first team changing rooms. I hope they are on the hit list for the painters. But piece by piece, all coming together quite nicely.

4 hours ago, john1951 said:

The original (1932) mosaic is still where it always was, it will be part of the stadium tour in a dedicated room with an original turnstile.

Thanks for the response.  So the one in the video isn't the original one?  Is it a copy of it then?

50 minutes ago, Bob Loblaw said:

Has anyone seen the away changing rooms? Are they as big as the home ones?

dump.jpg

maroondevo52
19 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

unless the plan changed we have a lift as well

We have, been in it once.

17 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

unless the plan changed we have a lift as well

It goes all the way to the skyline,,,,can you see the castle from here level.

scott herbertson
10 hours ago, Bob Loblaw said:

Good.  Hopefully we turn the hot water off too. 

In Sarajevo when we played Zelnicar we were taken by some fans to the old stadium (the game wasn't played in their ground) and shown the away dressing room. It had a bomb hole through the roof!

Mid Calder Jambo
22 minutes ago, scott herbertson said:

In Sarajevo when we played Zelnicar we were taken by some fans to the old stadium (the game wasn't played in their ground) and shown the away dressing room. It had a bomb hole through the roof!

Glad i read that as bomb hole. I thought someone had dropped Scott Brown through the roof.

scott herbertson
4 minutes ago, Mid Calder Jambo said:

Glad i read that as bomb hole. I thought someone had dropped Scott Brown through the roof.

Scott Brown would have been found out in 30 seconds in Sarajevo - some REAL hard men there

Regarding the screens we're looking at...

Where exactly will these be placed? I can't think of anywhere they'd fit in, other than hanging down from the roof trusses in the centre of each stand.

29 minutes ago, Gershwin said:

Regarding the screens we're looking at...

Where exactly will these be placed? I can't think of anywhere they'd fit in, other than hanging down from the roof trusses in the centre of each stand.

Stand walls - side of main and side of Wheatfield opposite ends. 

Then they can paint the stand walls maroon around the screens :D

AllyjamboDerbyshire
1 hour ago, Mikey1874 said:

Thanks for posting that, Mikey. Looks like I'll be giving the wife a heavy Xmas/birthday hint. I'm sure she'd love one ;)

1 hour ago, AllyjamboDerbyshire said:

Thanks for posting that, Mikey. Looks like I'll be giving the wife a heavy Xmas/birthday hint. I'm sure she'd love one ;)

Some more here

AllyjamboDerbyshire
19 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Some more here

Thanks again, Mikey. Very interesting and from the close up of the pitch it looks like a match against TRFC or St Johnstone about to kick off.

21 hours ago, kimosavi said:

Only club in Scotland to have an escalator in their stadium 

6272019111654.jpg

Hampden have had escalators for years which I has grateful for.

The Future's Maroon
5 hours ago, kila said:

Stand walls - side of main and side of Wheatfield opposite ends. 

Then they can paint the stand walls 

maroon around the screens :D

You not going to let that go are you?

Rightly in my opinion too 👍

2 minutes ago, been here before said:

That looks like its been painted by a 12 year old.

You do realise it's not finished? 

been here before
4 minutes ago, blairdin said:

Ok so it loiks like an unfinished painting by a 12 year old.

Big Slim Stylee
28 minutes ago, blairdin said:

Be honest, doesn’t look like it’ll be worth the wait though.

36 minutes ago, been here before said:

That looks like its been painted by a 12 year old.

Obviously you are over 12 years old so I will wait in anticipation of your effort.

Please post the finished article here so the art critics can have their view.

been here before
7 minutes ago, stu said:

Obviously you are over 12 years old so I will wait in anticipation of your effort.

Please post the finished article here so the art critics can have their view.

Got ye.

Unless you're painting a picture of the new stand you're not allowed an opinion.

How does that translate onto a message board full of members who arent Hearts players who offer opinions on all thing Hearts, yourself included?

So... to use your own standards... please post a picture of you signing for Hearts, scarf above head along with highlights of the first team games you've played. Otherwise you're not entitled to voice any opinions about HMFC

Edited by been here before

2 minutes ago, been here before said:

Got ye.

Unless you're painting a picture of the new stand you're not allowed an opinion.

How does that work in a messageboard full of members who arent Hearts players who offer opinions on all thing Hearts, yourself included?

Got ye.

It’s all subjective isn’t it?

You have completely slated a picture which has clearly taken somebody a considerable amount of time.

I’m merely suggesting rather than completely thrash the boy for making an effort, it’s at least commended. 

Yup, it’s not everyone’s cup of tea but ffs he’s a jambo and wanted to paint a picture. 

Tough gig.

been here before
Just now, stu said:

Got ye.

It’s all subjective isn’t it?

You have completely slated a picture which has clearly taken somebody a considerable amount of time.

I’m merely suggesting rather than completely thrash the boy for making an effort, it’s at least commended. 

Yup, it’s not everyone’s cup of tea but ffs he’s a jambo and wanted to paint a picture. 

Tough gig.

"Completely slated","Completely thrash"

Im not sure how my opinion, or anyone elses, has stopped him painting a picture.

Dramatic much?

9 minutes ago, been here before said:

Im not sure how my opinion, or anyone elses, has stopped him painting a picture.

Dramatic much?

Nope, not  dramatic.

just can’t be arsed with folk who slag off a valiant effort who clearly could not do better.

I will await your effort. 

Good luck.

9 minutes ago, been here before said:

Dramatic much?

Oh god, not another one ! 

been here before
2 minutes ago, stu said:

Nope, not  dramatic.

just can’t be arsed with folk who slag off a valiant effort who clearly could not do better.

I will await your effort. 

Good luck.

And Ill await you explaning how you could have the audacity to offer opinions in Hearts when you're not playing for them.

"Valiant effort" about a painting... not dramatic at all.

21 minutes ago, been here before said:

And Ill await you explaning how you could have the audacity to offer opinions in Hearts when you're not playing for them.

"Valiant effort" about a painting... not dramatic at all.

Slight difference my dear boy, but if you cannot see that then we do have a problem.

Yes, I do not play for Hearts. These are professionals, just in the same way I’m a professional at my job. Am I judged on performance? Absolutely.

This guy. I’m guessing, has painted a picture in his spare time.

Difference.

Outwith your profession, I’m looking forward to your effort.

been here before
10 minutes ago, stu said:

Slight difference my dear boy, but if you cannot see that then we do have a problem.

Yes, I do not play for Hearts. These are professionals, just in the same way I’m a professional at my job. Am I judged on performance? Absolutely.

This guy. I’m guessing, has painted a picture in his spare time.

Difference.

Outwith your profession, I’m looking forward to your effort.

Given he's calling himself jamseyartist, has a twitter account where he describes himself as an "artist of football grounds" and has a website that states ...

"   I started up my business in the summer of 1999 after 3 years at chesterfield college where i achieved 2 Alevels in art and design and graphic design ....

....,i decided i wanted to concentrate on the artwork i was most passionate about 'stadiums' around my commission work ,from then on ive never looked back".

...then I would suggest your guess is wrong.

"Difference"

Now we've established that and he's being judged in his profession can you show what it is you do professionally that allows you to comment on Hearts. That after all is the standard youre using to judge the validity of others opinions.

Deliver a portrait of equal brilliance and I will reveal why I can comment on Hearts.

I’m sure we are all intrigued to see what you can do with a brush.