New Stand: Ongoing work (updated)

Clerry Jambo

2 minutes ago, WoolfordsHearts said:

The concrete would come loose if there was no suspended ceiling fitted below it?

ย 

The insulation would come loose

Cruyff Turn

The ceiling is necessary because itโ€™s a passive fire compartmentation control measure. - Scottish Technical Handbook, Non Domestic - 2.1 ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ

WoolfordsHearts
8 minutes ago, Taffin said:

ย 

The insulation would come loose

I never worked on the 2nd fix at Tynie so I take it they fitted kingspan to the underside of the concrete?

1 minute ago, WoolfordsHearts said:

I never worked on the 2nd fix at Tynie so I take it they fitted kingspan to the underside of the concrete?

ย 

No idea, was just reiterating what the other poster said.

4 minutes ago, WoolfordsHearts said:

Yes the underside was insulated, obviously to stop the cold penetrating the upstairs suites.

2 hours ago, farin said:

ย 

Most who goย to games think the same, but some people are never happy. ๐Ÿ˜„

False ceilings are needed in a largely concrete structureย to hide the services plus give easy access for repairs etc.ย 

ย 

Exactly. Youโ€™d think eh

Cruyff Turn
35 minutes ago, farin said:

ย 

Also does a good job of hiding an industrial scale sprinkler system. ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป๐Ÿ˜„

Of course but thatโ€™s not the main reason. Fire Safety and compartmentation is the main reason.ย 

I take it the budget never stretched to installing air con in to the new stand?

ย 

The club shop was shocking. Felt sorry for the staff!

davemclaren
1 hour ago, Jambo_Gaz said:

ย 

Scotland gets many days at this temperature?

7 hours ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

ย 

Oh. Shame then. The cost-effective way is probably best when we are needing to get the job done and not just divert funds away from the first team. Cheers, Iโ€™m far from an expert on these thing.

ย 

Yes that was obvious! ๐Ÿ˜‰

1 hour ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

ย 

Yes that was obvious! ๐Ÿ˜‰

ย 

Perfectly fair comment. Would never try and claim otherwise. Just giving my opinion on what I like looks wise.

27 minutes ago, sassenach said:

ย 

I also get the comments about claustrophobia though, I guess it's impossible to please everyone.

Often a term used by opposition players when talking about our stands being on top of the pitch so maybe thats the idea? Get the opposition players feeling tense?

9 minutes ago, Disco Dave said:

Often a term used by opposition players when talking about our stands being on top of the pitch so maybe thats the idea? Get the opposition players feeling tense?

ย 

Thats fair enough too, Iโ€™m all for that. Donโ€™t think itโ€™s needed in the queue for a pie though. ๐Ÿ˜„

36 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

ย 

Thats fair enough too, Iโ€™m all for that. Donโ€™t think itโ€™s needed in the queue for a pie though. ๐Ÿ˜„

True!

6 hours ago, davemclaren said:

Scotland gets many days at this temperature?

It gets a few humid days as well. It's a bit of an oversight tbf.ย 

ย 

Just like the Edinburgh trams built without them. Sweat tin boxes.ย 

highlandjambo3
15 hours ago, kila said:

Looks great. Petty but there is more exciting ceiling tile options than corporate office white :Dย A dark grey with spaceship like lighting and spot lights onto the brick wall with the Hearts artwork would be my choice.

ย 

Oh, and painting the gable ends maroon :D

ย 

ย 

And twin doors that go Swoosh when they open........โ€make it so Budgeโ€

2 hours ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

ย 

Perfectly fair comment. Would never try and claim otherwise. Just giving my opinion on what I like looks wise.

ย 

๐Ÿ‘

9 hours ago, Jambo_Gaz said:

ย 

ย 

Air con units drafted in to the suits during the week &ย air con company turned out to be the match sponsor... :rofl:

The artwork is fantastic and looks great in my opinion. A couple of thing that I noticed at the stadium on Tuesday that could do with addressing where that the Steps in the Wheatfield stand badly need a coat of anti slip paint the amount of folk that where slipping whilst walking up them last season was alarming. The Floodlighting had numerous amounts of dead lamps. Does anyone know if there are plans to upgrade to an Led system in the future. One last thing is would someone get weeding the Foundation Plaza it looked messy with the amount of weeds coming thru. Other than that the place looks great.ย 

Phil D. Corners
1 hour ago, Boris5115 said:

The artwork is fantastic and looks great in my opinion. A couple of thing that I noticed at the stadium on Tuesday that could do with addressing where that the Steps in the Wheatfield stand badly need a coat of anti slip paint the amount of folk that where slipping whilst walking up them last season was alarming. The Floodlighting had numerous amounts of dead lamps. Does anyone know if there are plans to upgrade to an Led system in the future. One last thing is would someone get weeding the Foundation Plaza it looked messy with the amount of weeds coming thru. Other than that the place looks great.ย 

ย 

Flood lights will be upgraded when we fill the corners. ๐Ÿ˜‰

3 hours ago, Boris5115 said:

ย 

More importantly, when are we getting those maroon trees on the plaza!!!?!?!?

5 hours ago, Jambo_Gaz said:

It gets a few humid days as well. It's a bit of an oversight tbf.ย 

ย 

Just like the Edinburgh trams built without them. Sweat tin boxes.ย 

The buses have it but it doesn't work cause folk persist in opening the windows.

ย 

:)

1 hour ago, Phil D. Corners said:

ย 

Flood lights will be upgraded when we fill the corners. ๐Ÿ˜‰

ย 

Nah, pass on the corners. Not convinced at all.

ย 

I think it would make it all too open. Bit too 'Stadium of Light'.

ย 

Also, surely the four vertical strucutres are what prevents the whole stadium from falling down.

41 minutes ago, Gershwin said:

ย 

More importantly, when are we getting those maroon trees on the plaza!!!?!?!?

Just paint the weeds and there you have them. Mind and do the steps at the same time ๐Ÿ˜

36 minutes ago, Gregorski said:

ย 

Nah, pass on the corners. Not convinced at all.

ย 

I think it would make it all too open. Bit too 'Stadium of Light'.

ย 

Also, surely the four vertical strucutres are what prevents the whole stadium from falling down.

ย 

The vertical structures are just preventing the roofs from falling down!ย 

41 minutes ago, I.T.K said:

ย 

The vertical structures are just preventing the roofs from falling down!ย 

ย 

So still pretty important then. ๐Ÿ˜†

ย 

Filling inย the corners only to have the roofs cave in!

ย 

Might just beat the clanger that was building a new stand and then forgetting to order the seats! ๐Ÿคฃ

Right Iโ€™m just going to toss this in there, despite the amount of posts suggesting itโ€™s impossible due to engineering reasons:

ย 

I 100% think we could remove the floodlight stanchions and the roof not cave in. Itโ€™s not physics prohibiting this Mountain to Muhammed miracle, but cost.

ย 

Surely all you would have to do is cantilever the stands sufficiently beforehand, then build four separate corner stands?

ย 

*tin hat on*

6 minutes ago, kimosavi said:

Trying to upload pics of the escalator and the skylineย ย in the main stand but wont workย 

ย 

I have a similar problem these days. I donโ€™t think we get a lot of data to play with when it comes to photos and videos.

Just now, Icon of Symmetry said:

ย 

I have a similar problem these days. I donโ€™t think we get a lot of data to play with when it comes to photos and videos.

Used to have no problem with uploading pics. I can't even upload 1 on here now ๐Ÿ™„

1 hour ago, brownkg said:

I saw the castle from the Skyline lounge on Wednesday!

Me too. Was interesting to hear they are looking into the possibility of adding another floor onto the skyline so you can get a clear view of the castle without the school roof in the wayย 

Italian Lambretta
7 minutes ago, kimosavi said:

Me too. Was interesting to hear they are looking into the possibility of adding another floor onto the skyline so you can get a clear view of the castle without the school roof in the wayย 

Instead of buying a good midfielder?ย 

Portable Badger
1 hour ago, Boris5115 said:

Just paint the weeds and there you have them. Mind and do the steps at the same time ๐Ÿ˜

If we are painting the weeds - i want a mural !!

5 minutes ago, Italian Lambretta said:

Instead of buying a good midfielder?ย 

The new midfielder is that good he's building it for nothing ๐Ÿคช

Francis Albert
1 hour ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Right Iโ€™m just going to toss this in there, despite the amount of posts suggesting itโ€™s impossible due to engineering reasons:

ย 

I 100% think we could remove the floodlight stanchions and the roof not cave in. Itโ€™s not physics prohibiting this Mountain to Muhammed miracle, but cost.

ย 

Surely all you would have to do is cantilever the stands sufficiently beforehand, then build four separate corner stands?

ย 

*tin hat on*

If money is unlimited nothing is impossible. "All you would have to is cantilever the stands sufficiently" (sufficiently??) ย must be the understatement of the year. The cost per added seat would I think be totally uneconomic even if there was enough room for "sufficient" cantilevering.

4 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

If money is unlimited nothing is impossible. "All you would have to is cantilever the stands sufficiently" (sufficiently??) ย must be the understatement of the year. The cost per added seat would I think be totally uneconomic even if there was enough room for "sufficient" cantilevering.

ย 

Yeah, I think I covered the cost thing in the post you quoted Franny-baws. :D

ย 

Phil D. Corners
2 hours ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

ย 

ย 

ย 

*tin hat on*

ย 

Correct. ย A new roof design, cantilevered or other, is possible.ย 

ย 

I would assume that any roof changesย would be in conjunction with extendingย the Wheatfield stand to make the cost worthwhile. I.e. add another tier to Wheatfield,ย fill both adjacent corners, and haveย a new roof design for Wheatfield, Roseburn, and Georgie stands. Include LED flood lamps and jumbotrons.ย 

The new stand could've been built with aย cantilever roof (one of the early drawings showed just that) but they opted for a truss to complete the look instead.

ย 

I'd rather flatten Tynecastle and start again (after acquiring the distilleryย land) ย than spend lots on new roof designs to fill in the corners (which will be restricted around the Gorgie corner anyway due to the flat proximity).

ย 

ย 

Phil D. Corners
11 minutes ago, farin said:

ย 

In order for that to happen additional land would need to be purchased behind the stands for the new footings, thereโ€™s your 1st problem. Then all 4 roofs would need to be taken off, then the supporting trussesย then the load bearing floodlight pylons.ย 

ย 

Even if the land behind all the stands was available to build on,ย the total cost of the project would many millions & a major structural engineering feat ..ย 

ย 

Land purchase is a given for sure.ย 

ย 

My proposal would to replace Roseburn, Wheatfield, and Gorgie stand roofs as phase 1. So removing 3 trusses and 2 pylons. Phase 2 would be change the main stand truss, but as others have mentioned Georgie main stand corner has not much space.ย 

ย 

Personally Iโ€™m hoping, dreaming,ย ย there is a need for a 26k + Tynecastle some day. If thatโ€™s needed the funds will become available.ย 

Looking at some of the ideas, it looks like the heatwave has affected the thought process of many on here.

ย 

I know some are just dreaming as the costs as not in "our" grasp, unless we find a Peruvian Billionaire:rolleyes5:

I've thought for a while that if we were to fill the corners in then one way to do it where we are tight for space i.e. Gorgie-Main stand corner,ย would be similar to the Stadio Luigi Ferraris in Genoa.ย 

ย 

Basicallyย building up on the police control room to meet up with the roof trusses and use it as a load bearing structure thereby removing the pylon. Making several floors of private boxes and small lounges.ย 

ย 

thumb2-stadio-luigi-ferraris-4k-marassi-

ย 

Luigi-Ferraris.jpg

ย 

ย 

We probably don't need the floorspaceย for lounges/boxes though so probably not worth considering now.ย 

ย 

1 minute ago, SUTOL said:

I've thought for a while that if we were to fill the corners in then one way to do it where we are tight for space i.e. Gorgie-Main stand corner,ย would be similar to the Stadio Luigi Ferraris in Genoa.ย 

ย 

Basicallyย building up on the police control room to meet up with the roof trusses and use it as a load bearing structure thereby removing the pylon. Making several floors of private boxes and small lounges.ย 

ย 

ย 

Luigi-Ferraris.jpg

ย 

ย 

We probably don't need the floorspaceย for lounges/boxes though so probably not worth considering now.ย 

ย 

ย 

Still a thing of absolute beauty.ย 

11 minutes ago, SUTOL said:

ย 

ย 

ย 

Luigi-Ferraris.jpg

ย 

ย 

ย 

Maybe it's just me but, I'm not sure the best way to illustrate us being able to fill in the corners, is to post pictures of a stadium that doesn't have filled in corners.ย 

Edited by Normthebarman

2 minutes ago, Normthebarman said:

Maybe it's just me but, I'm not sure the best way to illustrate us being able to fill in the corners, is to post pictures of a stadium that doesn't have the filled in corners.ย 

Spot on Norm.