New Stand: Ongoing work (updated)

Clerry Jambo

6 minutes ago, been here before said:

I do hope thats ok with last nights reincarnation of Brian Sewell.

:lol:

J.T.F.Robertson
5 hours ago, Craig_ said:

Untitled.png

That's me on the right (I recognise the big heid) separating myself from the riff-raff.

Portable Badger

Untitled.png

😂😂

I genuinely prefer this one !!!!  I've got a mini-paint roller so I'm qualified to have opinions on paintings and my granny had an ice-cream van outside the National Gallery.

1 hour ago, Gregorski said:

That would be me. :D

You're referring to this...

heart-of-midlothian-fundraiser-illustration.png.bbbccc2518dc7a532cb2c935c2069f8f.png

Mugs worth a fortune? That would be bittersweet for sure. Don't even have a set myself! 😭

You're referring to one a lot more recent...

EBCNztkX4AAi7gW.thumb.jpeg.1d9c675293d6ca952cfe2934c55db92e.jpeg

il_fullxfull.1962793960_ixqn.thumb.jpg.cd5779507b049b8d6ff3c6473e59b61b.jpg

il_794xN.1962794044_tp8x.thumb.jpg.9f8a62c0253f090faa7e231079c74809.jpg

👍 nice! 

BarneyBattles44

😃

Because we're the Marshall's Chunky Chicken Champions?!

(knew it wouldn't take long for the art critics to wade in. I'd be more concerned about the lack of Gorgie Road or the school personally...)

Oooft a lot of Jambo's worked there from Livi

Can someone explain why supporters who sit at the top of the new stand (section Q) still cannot use the back stairs to access your seat, or leave the stadium at FT? 

Corporate guests are allowed to use this access route, however the steward guarding the door told a number of us that we have to use the steps down to the pitch, and that access is denied!  
Quiet a few of us p*ssed off that the elite few can get in and out of the ground without hassle....Especially as there is a perfectly available and safe access route. 

1 minute ago, Hashimoto said:

Can someone explain why supporters who sit at the top of the new stand (section Q) still cannot use the back stairs to access your seat, or leave the stadium at FT? 

Corporate guests are allowed to use this access route, however the steward guarding the door told a number of us that we have to use the steps down to the pitch, and that access is denied!  
Quiet a few of us p*ssed off that the elite few can get in and out of the ground without hassle....Especially as there is a perfectly available and safe access route. 

Not convinced it was ever designed to be used by everyone. 

8 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Not convinced it was ever designed to be used by everyone. 

Why?....perfectly good access route...no sound reason why regular customers cannot get in and out of the ground in a timely and safe manner. Please note that I've written to Hearts on the matter......

Typical example of regular supporters getting second hand treatment

2 minutes ago, Hashimoto said:

Why?....perfectly good access route...no sound reason why regular customers cannot get in and out of the ground in a timely and safe manner. Please note that I've written to Hearts on the matter......

My understanding is that they were only provided for those using the hospitality suites. I will be interested in your reply if/when you get one. Wheatfield stand users have had the same time issues to leave for 25 years. 😎

been here before
16 minutes ago, Hashimoto said:

Because one of the 'perks' of forking out extra for hospitality is being kept away from the polloi. Seems fair enough.

Just now, davemclaren said:

My understanding is that they were only provided for those using the hospitality suites. I will be interested in your reply if/when you get one. 

I'll post reply if / when I recieve it....

1 minute ago, been here before said:

Because one of the 'perks' of forking out extra for hospitality is being kept away from the polloi. Seems fair enough.

What about the £500 I "forked" out?

been here before
9 minutes ago, Hashimoto said:

Is it though? Or is it an example of those who have paid that bit extra getting a better/improved service or set of provisions than those who havent. That is something that happens in thousands if everyday situations.

What other "typical examples" have you got?

4 minutes ago, Hashimoto said:

What about the £500 I "forked" out?

Im presuming that 500 refers to your ST. For that you get a better seat/view than someone who paid less but the equivilant to someone who also paid 500. You also get to use the same facilities as everyone else who hasn't paid extra.

Edited by been here before

Ricardo Shillyshally
2 minutes ago, Hashimoto said:

If I worked at Tynecastle I'd chuck your letter straight in the bin. 

been here before
4 minutes ago, Ricardo Shillyshally said:

Ditto.

Either that or frame it to give others a laugh.

Im quite looking forward to hearing more about these...

Edited by been here before

13 minutes ago, Hashimoto said:

Let us know if you get a reply and what it is please.

4 minutes ago, Ricardo Shillyshally said:

Good way to keep your customers happy.

8 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Same as Wheatfield. 

Exit time from Wheatfield is far quicker than from the Main Stand.  Mind you these days it's already half empty by the FT whistle!!

Ricardo Shillyshally
Just now, wavydavy said:

Good way to keep your customers happy.

Unless he gets a red carpet and carried down the stairs for his 500 quid he's never gonna be happy. 

1 hour ago, RobNox said:

Exit time from Wheatfield is far quicker than from the Main Stand.  Mind you these days it's already half empty by the FT whistle!!

I timed it last season ( sad I know ) and the main stand was marginally slower to empty 

3 hours ago, Ricardo Shillyshally said:

What happened to the saying:

The customer is always right.

Stephen Muddie
Just now, mitch41 said:

It used to hang proudly above the ticket office booths, until a Hearts worker named only as  Ricardo S scrunched it up and chucked it in the bin. 

Now, in its place, can be seen hanging, a sign written simply - "The support is always shite"

10 minutes ago, Stephen Muddie said:

It used to hang proudly above the ticket office booths, until a Hearts worker named only as  Ricardo S scrunched it up and chucked it in the bin. 

Now, in its place, can be seen hanging, a sign written simply - "The support is always shite"

😂

Phil D. Corners
4 hours ago, Hashimoto said:

:lol:

59 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

It's just a saying and isn't true. 

Nucky Thompson
4 hours ago, Hashimoto said:

I would be pissed off if I had splashed out for hospitality and couldn't get back to my suite quickly enough because all the plebs were using my exit.

• 3 weeks later...

Fireworks last night from the Skyline Lounge.

I don't know if photographer was standing on tiptoes or wearing an old pair of Noddy Holder's platforms but I can see the Castle.

IMG_20190827_164356.jpg

25 minutes ago, Janbo1874 said:

I don't know if photographer was standing on tiptoes or wearing an old pair of Noddy Holder's platforms but I can see the Castle.

IMG_20190827_164356.jpg

Greenginger will be having palpitations. See the castle 😱😱 surely not. He’ll be furiously panning over all the Planning documents

heartsfc_fan
42 minutes ago, Janbo1874 said:

IMG_20190827_164356.jpg

That's brilliant

Unknown user
On 11/08/2019 at 14:47, mitch41 said:

Everyone ridiculed it as an utterly mental and unworkable concept and it shuffled away and died in a shitty corner.

On 11/08/2019 at 11:36, Hashimoto said:

Nonsense! Regular supporters have no exit option at the top in the Gorgie and Wheatfield stands - are they getting second class treatment??

On 27/08/2019 at 17:16, 1971fozzy said:

Greenginger will be having palpitations. See the castle 😱😱 surely not. He’ll be furiously panning over all the Planning documents

A ‘senior member of staff’ informed me the new stand was jacked up 6 feet for this corporate event....

Stephen Muddie

Apologies if this has been mentioned on the thread recently, but I was wondering when the glass curtain wall façade will be finished? Or is the office block now gonna be the final design, do we know?

Scnorthedinburgh
1 hour ago, Stephen Muddie said:

Apologies if this has been mentioned on the thread recently, but I was wondering when the glass curtain wall façade will be finished? Or is the office block now gonna be the final design, do we know?

What else did you think was still to go up?

It is an office/conference room/restaurant. With tons of seats bolted on the back to make a stand.

Bit like most stadiums built in phases.

1 hour ago, Stephen Muddie said:

You will need to ask the architect - he DESIGNED it and the subcontractor built it to his design.....but you knew that already right. 😉

6 minutes ago, Scnorthedinburgh said:

What else did you think was still to go up?

It is an office/conference room/restaurant. With tons of seats bolted on the back to make a stand.

Bit like most stadiums built in phases.

Think he was trolling.

5 hours ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

A ‘senior member of staff’ informed me the new stand was jacked up 6 feet for this corporate event....

I was there but have little recollection due to alcohol unfortunately. 

Stephen Muddie
3 hours ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Think he was trolling.

Yeah kinda, more just banter since I discovered the other day who you were before your name realignment operation. Mind those days with the glass. I was always winding you up :fonzie:

48 minutes ago, Stephen Muddie said:

Yeah kinda, more just banter since I discovered the other day who you were before your name realignment operation. Mind those days with the glass. I was always winding you up :fonzie:

Nothing wrong with the banter! 👍

42 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

The design in the concept drawings was a lot better. :( 

A design that couldn’t be built within the budget or to the tight programme - but we’ve done all that haven’t we.....

7 hours ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

A design that couldn’t be built within the budget or to the tight programme - but we’ve done all that haven’t we.....

To death, if I’m honest. 

8 hours ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Just as well we went with the current design that was built within budget...oh wait, just as well it was built to the tight programme - no didn't achieve that either.

What we've got is what we've got, it's obvious that the original "design" was much more popular and pleasing on the eye before being changed without any public knowledge. There's a long list of "mistakes" been made along the way but it is what it is.

Imagine though the cost of cleaning the glass as originally designed. We thought £100k a year was a fortune! 😧

Unknown user
1 minute ago, Justin Z said:

Imagine though the cost of cleaning the glass as originally designed. We thought £100k a year was a fortune! 😧

It was self cleaning glass in the sales pitch wasn't it?

11 minutes ago, FTH said:

Just as well we went with the current design that was built within budget...oh wait, just as well it was built to the tight programme - no didn't achieve that either.

What we've got is what we've got, it's obvious that the original "design" was much more popular and pleasing on the eye before being changed without any public knowledge. There's a long list of "mistakes" been made along the way but it is what it is.

Here we go again! 😏

Firstly the glass facade WAS built on budget and to the programme - what followed caused the cost increases and delay.

Secondly the Architects “concept computer image” should never have been released by the Club to the public as that type of facade design was incredibly expensive to build not to mention impractical in terms of meeting the building regs.

For more information troll back through the vast amount of details on the thread.

4 minutes ago, Smithee said:

It was self cleaning glass in the sales pitch wasn't it?

Who’s sales pitch? 🤔