New Stand: Ongoing work (updated)

Clerry Jambo

Gavsy Van Gaverson
29 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

The tunnel looks very narrow.

Smart as **** though.

It only needs to be wide enough for 2 teams to walk out side by side. Which it is.

2 minutes ago, Gavsy Van Gaverson said:

It only needs to be wide enough for 2 teams to walk out side by side. Which it is.

Seems comparatively narrow.

38 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

I'm sure at some point in the future someone will try to "christen" it! 

Don't worry we will get ****ed at Tynie a good few times this season

Looking for a bit of advise.....plan on treating my auld man for his 70th but can’t make up my mind what lounge would be best for atmosphere, value for money, experience etc....

Can anyone give there thoughts or some advise? 

I plan on taking him to the museum, is this open on a matchday? 

How long before a match should we go to Bar1874? 

I also plan a visit back to the diggers as he hasn’t been for years since he lived in Tay street! 

Thanks in advance! 

Blackford Hearts
On 05/07/2019 at 15:52, kimosavi said:

New home dressing room stolen off Facebook 

Looks awesome 

FB_IMG_1562338067011.jpg

Health and safety problem. Electric atmosphere but potentially players injured when they are getting changed 

2 minutes ago, kila said:

Green plants in hospitality ffs, plenty maroon/red leaved options :D

:bolt:

What're you going to do about the grass on the pitch ???

1 minute ago, whodanny said:

What're you going to do about the grass on the pitch ???

I wear maroon tinted specs

Edited by kila

Shanks said no

These might not be new but its the first time I have noticed these green walls on the Skyline roof when I was down getting my Stenhousemuir tickets today

green walls.jpg

I was down this morning buying tickets for Friday.  Guys were working at both the  school end and the main stand. Rather annoyingly one of our skilled tradesmen had opened an alarmed door during his labour causing him to get a flea in his ear from one of the women in the shop when he came yo apologise..

Looking for a bit of advise.....plan on treating my auld man for his 70th but can’t make up my mind what lounge would be best for atmosphere, value for money, experience etc....

I also plan a visit back to the diggers as he hasn’t been for years since he lived in Tay street! 

Thanks in advance! 

I know they’ve been mentioned before on this thread but to save me from scrolling and scrolling through pages and pages...does anyone know the guys responsible for the internal signwriting, and may there be a link on here to them?

34 minutes ago, Mdoug79 said:

Thanks in advance! 

I've done them all and the best is the Gorgie Suite , an incredible day and the best way to watch a game. 

Thats the one I would be booking 100%. Regardless of the price difference. Your dad will love it . 

Take your dad to the executive club.  Slightly cheaper than the Gorgie suite, the only difference you get a two course meal, still a free bar etc.  He'll love the feel of the new hospitality suite and enjoy the new stand at the same time. 

39 minutes ago, Mr Sifter said:

I know they’ve been mentioned before on this thread but to save me from scrolling and scrolling through pages and pages...does anyone know the guys responsible for the internal signwriting, and may there be a link on here to them?

https://www.facebook.com/oitatch/

Guy called Tatch. TWJ signs.

Paisley Jambo
57 minutes ago, goader said:

Take your dad to the executive club.  Slightly cheaper than the Gorgie suite, the only difference you get a two course meal, still a free bar etc.  He'll love the feel of the new hospitality suite and enjoy the new stand at the same time. 

Agree with this. I’d go with Executive over Gorgie

Is the second floor of the main stand still completely bare / empty?

Am I correct in saying the second floor fit out will be the final phase of theal main stand build?  With the plan being to kit it out a giant conference / exhibition area that wen rent out?

1 hour ago, goader said:

I’d do this also. My old boys 80 later this year and I fancy this one too

39 minutes ago, tazhearts said:

Is the second floor of the main stand still completely bare / empty?

Am I correct in saying the second floor fit out will be the final phase of theal main stand build?  With the plan being to kit it out a giant conference / exhibition area that wen rent out?

I’m pretty sure it’s still undeveloped,I think it’s still to be decided what it will be used for. 

2 hours ago, Mdoug79 said:

Thanks in advance! 

The museum is closed on match days. 

scott herbertson
25 minutes ago, obua said:

The museum is closed on match days. 

That's true but it might be worth emailing them or pm'ing Davy Allan in case there any special tours etc 

3 hours ago, Mr Sifter said:

https://www.thomaspaints.com/

I think Thomas paints  got  TWJ signs involved. 

been here before
5 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

Don't worry we will get ****ed at Tynie a good few times this season

Fingers crossed eh?

On 10/07/2019 at 18:59, Mdoug79 said:

Thanks in advance! 

The European lounge which was the executive lounge last for sure. Not as bus as the gorgie suite and slightly cheaper, cracking seats near the old directors seats and first class hospitality although only two courses but still a ‘free bar’ 

If you do hospitality you wont need to visit the 1874 bar beforehand. Or if curious, go half an hour before your scheduled time and enjoy a pint 

Edited by Saughton Jambo

jamtartan74
27 minutes ago, farin said:

Wash your mouth out with soap mentioning Stewart on here. 🤮 Pic wasn’t taken by me tbh, I’d have moved that tin. 😄 

Seriously though, when people see the official images of the new oval shaped dressing rooms & the text written on the walls they’ll be impressed. They are a cut above what we had as the temp wheatfield one’s tbh.

I got sent a video of the dressing room and the txt above the players seats and walls last week, very nice indeed 👍🏻

Just checked and wasn’t a video just a few pix of it but can’t load them up says file too big. 

Edited by jamtartan74

Hungry hippo
4 minutes ago, gjcc said:

The left of the Gorgie hasn’t been coloured. Shame on you. 

Planning consent must have the same issue as the proposed mural that was due behind it 😁

RealMaroonCF
On 10/07/2019 at 18:53, kila said:

tyne.jpg.c4b169cb20d6cf74c9a53ef333fbf8ab.jpg

Now that I'm back from towelling myself down. ....oooooooooft.  Seeping I am

1 hour ago, farin said:

Wash your mouth out with soap mentioning Stewart on here. 🤮 Pic wasn’t taken by me tbh, I’d have moved that tin. 😄 

Seriously though, when people see the official images of the new oval shaped dressing rooms & the text written on the walls they’ll be impressed. They are a cut above what we had as the temp wheatfield one’s tbh.

I'm sure the Club's "Tour of Stadium" will be popular when access to all the Main Stand facilities are available.

Keep up the good work with your "pictorial" updates, always an interesting addition to this thread.

rudi must stay
On 10/07/2019 at 18:45, The Frenchman Returns said:

These might not be new but its the first time I have noticed these green walls on the Skyline roof when I was down getting my Stenhousemuir tickets today

green walls.jpg

Heard whisperings of a rooftop garden that will be opening soon :thumbsup:

On 10/07/2019 at 10:59, Mdoug79 said:

Thanks in advance! 

If your "auld man" is 70 and lived in Tay Street what's his name?  I'm 71 and spent a lot of time around there and Tynecastle when I was at Boroughmuir school.

5 hours ago, DesertDawg said:

If your "auld man" is 70 and lived in Tay Street what's his name?  I'm 71 and spent a lot of time around there and Tynecastle when I was at Boroughmuir school.

Jim Douglas and his brother Alan Douglas

TyphoonJambo
10 minutes ago, jamtartan74 said:

FD7F1A0D-261F-4A41-81AC-0F9184CBD157.jpeg

4E8FD0E9-FB0A-4DA0-8C32-232EC7D13AD3.jpeg

3D0E5D97-0036-4B50-BF36-11CA6FE2D5C5.jpeg

188A7036-B1E9-4329-9E6A-03222F40B0DE.jpeg

8345FCEC-1F4D-4CBD-823A-24D34611499B.jpeg

Brilliant stuff. Gets me emotional reading the quotes on the walls. Any ideas when it will be ready, doesn't look far off. 

jamtartan74
21 minutes ago, TypoonJambo said:

Brilliant stuff. Gets me emotional reading the quotes on the walls. Any ideas when it will be ready, doesn't look far off. 

Sorry bud no idea I got they pix sent to me last week, looks great though. 

Just now, jamtartan74 said:

Sorry bud no idea I got they pix sent to me last week, looks great though. 

Did we not use the new dressing rooms on Monday?

56 minutes ago, durhamhearts said:

The changing rooms are ready and will be used tonight 

Should give them a wee boost, having those facilities at their disposal. 

Hackney Hearts

Where do those words come from?  They seem to have a slight Game of Thrones flavour.