New Stand: Ongoing work (updated)

Clerry Jambo

24 minutes ago, highlandjambo3 said:

Should put that above the escalator....... speaking of which, Can someone update the escalator situation? Ground floor to first floor or more than one?  When is/are they (it) due to be working?

Ground floor perfumery,
stationery and leather goods,
wigs and haberdashery
kitchenware and food...going up

First floor telephones,
gents ready-made suits,
shirts, socks, ties, hats,
underwear and shoes...going up

Second floor carpets,
travel goods and bedding,
material, soft furnishings,
restaurant and teas. Going down!

Heartsofgold
22 minutes ago, Jambo-Fox said:

Ground floor perfumery,
stationery and leather goods,
wigs and haberdashery
kitchenware and food...going up

First floor telephones,
gents ready-made suits,
shirts, socks, ties, hats,
underwear and shoes...going up

Second floor carpets,
travel goods and bedding,
material, soft furnishings,
restaurant and teas. Going down!

You've been served mate.

1 hour ago, Heartsofgold said:

You've been served mate.

Miss Brahms ....... lovely ....... ? 

9 hours ago, sac said:

Need to change the words to:

”It will sometimes go down

but will aye come back up”

"It will sometimes go down

and might come back up if we wait long enough and I get a wee hand"

3 hours ago, letsalldothebeattie said:

Bottom one is where I go in. Can’t wait to see it finished. Was looking good at end of last season 

Always Hearts is just superb.  It's ours and it's inspiring.  What a great man he was.

Delighted that's been incorporated.

2 minutes ago, farin said:

I think the words are just as important as the colours used, there’s a history in there telling a storyline of this great club. ??

834B272F-4B7E-427D-884E-6781A763DBFF.jpeg.140d48887fda49020028614b3915c66c.jpeg

031F52B0-F29E-4A3B-B8C2-2F209119134F.thumb.jpeg.72b1ad160e8661c1feab51ebd7556ea8.jpeg

Nae hard hat or outriggers on the scaffold. Claw back some of the 18m and contra charge the guilty contractor....

::troll:: 

51 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

Nae hard hat or outriggers on the scaffold. Claw back some of the 18m and contra charge the guilty contractor....

::troll:: 

And he’s using green masking tape,and his coffee cup isn’t recycled.

59 minutes ago, farin said:

I think the words are just as important as the colours used, there’s a history in there telling a storyline of this great club. ??

834B272F-4B7E-427D-884E-6781A763DBFF.jpeg.140d48887fda49020028614b3915c66c.jpeg

031F52B0-F29E-4A3B-B8C2-2F209119134F.thumb.jpeg.72b1ad160e8661c1feab51ebd7556ea8.jpeg

I haven’t seen it up close but do you not think it would look better if the background of the last picture was painted white, I hate the grey concrete 

Hungry hippo
20 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Evermore?

I thought the same but investigated and it's in the dictionary as one word and seems to be correct. Definitely a surprising one for me.

Unknown user
7 minutes ago, Hungry hippo said:

I thought the same but investigated and it's in the dictionary as one word and seems to be correct. Definitely a surprising one for me.

Everyday's a school day!

Quoth the optimistic raven...

Edited by Smithee

13 minutes ago, Hungry hippo said:

Interesting discussion .... I think either (evermore or ever more) are appropriate albeit with slightly different meanings, both work .... all I know is .....

“... forever and ever we’ll follow the boys the Edinburgh jam tarts the Gorgie Boys .....”!!

Edited by Jambo-Fox

Mr Elwood P
On 19/06/2019 at 18:38, farin said:

Done a few weeks ago but interesting all the same. 

57C2137A-F4CB-461D-B0AB-148FF96F7968.thumb.jpeg.857f4ca95616e4987d876bf16fc7c9ea.jpeg

72E9FEC7-1C7A-4F30-8CE5-FEAC6A5628FF.thumb.jpeg.8cb4ab59cff11abb60010c617120feed.jpeg

Good to see we've brought Scottish Cup winner Ian Black back into the fold.

Portable Badger
7 minutes ago, Whatever said:

Will get vandalised the first time there’s a league cup semi held at Tynecastle that includes the Vermin.

Scum.

They'll probably still be using washable crayons so don't worry too much

34 minutes ago, Gilbert’s Fridge said:

They'll probably still be eating washable crayons so don't worry too much

FTFY

1 hour ago, Whatever said:

Will get vandalised the first time there’s a league cup semi held at Tynecastle that includes the Vermin.

Scum.

We don't need semi finals played at our hallowed ground so we can tell them we're just not interested.

rudi must stay
50 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

We don't need semi finals played at our hallowed ground so we can tell them we're just not interested.

That's the great thing about Ann Budge and this board

There's no fear they would simply paint them again in my opinion

Does anyone know if they are going to smarten up the bricks under the police box in the corner of the main and Gorgie Rd?

5 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Does anyone know if they are going to smarten up the bricks under the police box in the corner of the main and Gorgie Rd?

Wee job for you when you've finished the windaes...

davemclaren
13 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Does it irritate you? ?

Hector Riva

When are they going to put on the gable end of the roseburn stand. BLOOD DOESN'T SHOW ON A MAROON JERSEY.

davemclaren
12 minutes ago, fuzzy717 said:

Even more seats gone from the main stand to make way for the new corporate section....

?

Portable Badger
17 minutes ago, fuzzy717 said:

Even more seats gone from the main stand to make way for the new corporate section....

Any Pictures ???!!!

siegementality
21 minutes ago, fuzzy717 said:

The original architect has made a balls up of that stand.

24 minutes ago, Gilbert’s Fridge said:

Any Pictures ???!!!

On hearts Instagram story. Won’t let me upload a pic. Absolute cock up of a stand  

38 minutes ago, siegementality said:

The original architect has made a balls up of that stand.

That might be being a tad unfair. I think that AB has had a number of changes to her original thoughts about what she wanted.

It is always easier to make changes once you see the completed building.

It is a big project and always difficult to try and envisage how the final thing will look and comply with what was planned.

Things change and she will be trying to maximise the revenue streams wherever possible to make the best use of the space available.

1 hour ago, fuzzy717 said:

47 minutes ago, Gilbert’s Fridge said:

Any Pictures ???!!!

22 minutes ago, fuzzy717 said:

On hearts Instagram story. Won’t let me upload a pic. Absolute cock up of a stand  

Screenshot_20190626-163622.thumb.jpg.86593ecccc12ada88d0a7c1db9c3efaf.jpg

4 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Looks like the new directors box. 

Aye it is but with that, the restricted view and heeps of segregation budge thinks is ‘needed’, lucky to reach 19000. 

Why are we so caught up on the capacity, we don’t fill it just now, I would get the point if it sold out week in week out and there was a massive season ticket list but there isn’t! Yes things could have been done better but look at the results we’ve just posted over 1m non match day revenue, surely that is far better than ohh we have a bigger stadium than you! Look at what Aberdeen rake in with 14k average crowds, we need to look at maximising other revenue streams not having a stadium with a couple of thousand empty seats just too boost our egos 

Edited by campbell

Just now, campbell said:

Why are we so caught up on the capacity, we don’t fill it just now, I would get the point if it sold out week in week out and there was a massive season ticket list but there isn’t! Yes things could have been done better but look at the results we’ve just posted over 1m non match day revenue, surely that is far better than ohh we have a bigger stadium than you! Look at what Aberdeen rake in with 14k average crowds! , we need to look at maximising other revenue streams not having a stadium with a couple of thousand empty seats just too boost our egos 

Quite right.

30 minutes ago, fuzzy717 said:

Aye it is but with that, the restricted view and heeps of segregation budge thinks is ‘needed’, lucky to reach 19000. 

The capacity isn't really an issue is it given we never bring in those numbers? 

Byyy The Light
11 minutes ago, Homme said:

The capacity isn't really an issue is it given we never bring in those numbers? 

It is if you are a Hibby or you have Hibby mates who you engage in this kind of pish with.

Or you are 11 years old.

50 minutes ago, fuzzy717 said:

???? For the big games we don't have any segregation 

ginger jambo98
9 minutes ago, XB52 said:

???? For the big games we don't have any segregation 

Think the inference was the closing of G lower. 

4 minutes ago, fuzzy717 said:

A would say around 100 

I’m guessing though cause of the design of the seating they can all be put back in as well if needed 

The Natural Order

1 hour ago, Manny1874 said:

Screenshot_20190626-163622.thumb.jpg.86593ecccc12ada88d0a7c1db9c3efaf.jpg

Wish they'd paint the upper aisles white as well. Looks shit and unfinished like that.

1 hour ago, fuzzy717 said:

A would say around 100 

I don't think it is as many as that, maybe 40.

Seats gained perhaps by the section they were in originally being available for normal punters, and the Sky Lounge will sell better when the prawn sandwich brigade are sat by the directors.

It is stuff that we all spotted in the original plans though - when we were guessing capacity I assumed there'd be an entrance in the middle top for directors so for my mockup I had a stair a few rows deep middle top. Seemed the most logical place for them. Cannot understand who thought the current setup was fine, but I'm aware JC didn't exactly get full marks for his efforts.